AAA Apex Construction Company

Founded 2016 • With Angi since April 2016

3.7

96 Farnham Ave

Garfield, NJ 07026

AAA Apex Construction Corp. is a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of quality building services such as roofing, siding, concrete and masonry work. We have many years of experience to give you

08/09/2021

Alan K.

It want poorly. The company sent someone to provide an estimate. He used a drone to take photos in the area of the leaky roof. He provided a verbal estimate. Then no followup. I call them, and was told that they had no record of ever coming to my home. I waited a bit, called them again, and they sent another person to provide an estimate. The estimate was close to the first one. And again, I hear nothing from them afterwards, in spite of 3 phone calls asking for a written estimate and for scheduling the job. Then I gave up and hired another company.

Description of Work
repair of a roof leak

09/04/2020

Kelly E.

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! Stay away and do your research! The majority of these reviews are fake. They run under multiple company names so that they are always the ones that populate your online search when looking for roofers. Scammers!! I had the same experience as another Google Reviewer. They gave us a written contract of $15000 to do the roof and garage. In absolute good faith we gave them a substantial down payment. Silly us. After removing the old roof, we were then told it would be an ADDITIONAL $15,000! There was NO MENTION of DOUBLING COSTS! To top it off, they expected the extra money that same day. As they continued on the roof, the house was in absolute shambles. They hired subcontractors to do the work and what a mess they made. There were shingles, nails, and debris everywhere. They did not install enough tarp to collect the debris. It was all over the front and back yard. Water bottles, food, and roof debris...not at all an acceptable way to leave a house in a pristine neighborhood, yet alone any! Both the front door and back door were blocked OVERNIGHT from the amount of debris left after the first day. Gutters were completely clogged and both cast iron pipes on the top of the roof were so damaged, that we had to call a plumber at 8pm after they left. Water wasn't draining anywhere in the house due to the careless work. The wood shingles on the house were wrecked. They carelessly pulled off the roof and with it, shingles from the house. You can clearly see nails under the roof panels. When we told the boss or owner (not even sure who it was, but he came in another truck and shirt displaying a different name) he finally showed up to take a look at the house (garage was never done) and claimed nothing was wrong. He started cursing and threatening us to pay more money and then said that we had no warranty on the roof anymore. His exact words "I hope the roof leaks all over." Do not trust these guys or the multiple companies they run. They completely took advantage of seniors.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

05/24/2019

Ginny M.

had three comparison quotes and decided on AAA Apex Construction after a little negotiation. They called ahead and showed up on time. They guys were very professional. They completed the work as discussed and cleaned up everything before they left. I'd like to thank Bes, Xani, and Leo for the excellent job! Completed in two days.

Description of Work
removed brick front porch and rebuilt it

Category concrete repair, masonry, roofing

09/11/2017

Wil B.

We had a leak in our 2nd floor bedroom. We suspected our chimney flashing may be the cause. - 6/27/17: APEX arrived and gave us an estimate to remove/replace shingles (with matching shingles) 5 feet from the chimney, install new felt paper, new ice shield, new flashing around the chimney and remove all debris. Proposal was $1700. APEX required a down payment of $700. Because we were desperate to get the roof fixed and because it was difficult to contact available roofers, we agreed to the proposal and gave APEX a check for $700. - 6/27/17: A technician (Martin) arrived to make the repairs. He determined that the shingles did not need to be replaced, and so no shingles were removed, no felt paper was installed, no ice shield was installed, and no new flashing was installed. The technician nailed down a couple of loose shingles and applied tar on the backside of the chimney. - The technician requested a check for the balance of the amount due: $1000. We didn’t understand why we should pay for work that was originally proposed but not required. So APEX reduced the balance to $900 and we reluctantly gave them a check for that amount. - I called APEX and spoke with Nick to ask why we were paying a total of $1600 for what amounted to just some patching with tar. On top of that, the price originally proposed was already too high. When I asked about guaranteeing the workmanship, Nick advised that there are no guarantees for repairs. Guarantees are for total roof replacements only. However, this is not clearly stated on the proposal document. The document only mentions a 12-year guarantee but doesn’t specify or differentiate between full replacements versus repairs. So Nick agreed to a one year guarantee on the repair work, but I still voiced my concern about the $1,600 fee. Nick asked me what I feel a fair price would be, and I suggested that our original $700 deposit seemed like a more than fair compromise for the actual work performed and asked Nick to return (and not to cash) our $900 check. He agreed but said that under those conditions, he could no longer offer us a one year guarantee for the work performed. - So the resolution was that APEX would return our $900 check, and the work performed would not be guaranteed although APEX was quite sure that the leak had been repaired properly. - 7/6/17: APEX had still not returned our $900 check as Nick had agreed to do. - 8/6/17: APEX had still not returned our $900 check, and our roof started leaking again in the same spot on 8/5/17. The repair lasted a little over one month, but of course, we now had no guarantee. I advise APEX via email about the leak and reminded them to return our $900 check. - 8/7/17: Called and spoke with Nick... I asked for our $900 check, but he said it was not deposited and that he threw it away. I asked why he did that, and he said the main thing is that the check was not deposited. When I pressed him, he said he would ask his office to double check to see if the check was there. I told him about the leak and he said he could come and fix it, but of course he would charge us again. I said no thanks. I texted him our address so he knew where to mail the check. - Nick called back. He found the check and someone would be delivering it to our house. He would need a signature on the proposal to confirm that we received the check. - 8/7/17: The $900 check was delivered to our house, but we did not give APEX the original contract. So the APEX rep signed the contract indicating that the check had been returned to us, and we initialed it. We spoke with Nick on the phone and that was agreeable. - We do not intend to use APEX services again in the future.

Description of Work
Roof repair for a leak...

02/02/2017

Vickie R.

The work was never performed. He was punctual, seemed very nice and helpful. He gave me a few suggestions as well as a verbal estimate which I found was a little high. I asked him to provide a written estimate and email it to me in the next day or so. That was almost a week ago. Despite emailing the company asking for the estimate and giving them the benefit of the doubt in case they email address was jotted down incorrectly and to avoid giving this company an unfair review, I still got nothing. Not even a response to my email here. If this is an indication of how this company does business, I'd prefer to give the job to another more worthy professional.

Description of Work
This professional came to the house to give me suggestions and ultimately an estimate on some waterproofing I needed in the basement.

Category masonry, basement waterproofing

08/31/2016

erjon M.

It was a well done job. They did everything in time and as promised. It came up an amazing job.

Description of Work
They repaired my chimney. They swiped and put a new cap into my chimney. I also had some masonry work with this company.

Category chimney sweep, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

08/31/2016

erjon M.

Very well, excellent

Description of Work
I needed a new roof

08/22/2016

Jenny K.

Exceptionally pleased and grateful for the outcome, as everything came out as it was planned. Thank you AAA Apex for the amazing work you did. (The leak was around the chimney area, which they repaired, swept the chimney, caped the chimney, and also did some masonry work.)

Description of Work
Fix leak on the roof

Category chimney sweep, masonry, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair