Keltom Gutter Services

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2008

4.4

10 Summit Avenue Suite 9

Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922

Please include phone number in message center inquiry for best response time. We focus 100% on gutter cleaning, gutter installation and repair. We conceptualize our relationship with you, the customer, as the most important and vital relationship in our business. When you schedule a gutter service with Keltom, we arrive on time and complete your gutter job with no disruption to your landscape, siding and peace of mind. At Keltom Gutters, we pride ourselves in being professional and courteous. For 2 decades, Keltom Gutter Services, Inc has been serving the North and Central New Jersey region year-round gutter service with the promptness, reliability and expert workmanship. BBB rated A+, winner Angie's List Super Service Award . Additional DBA - Keltom Gutter Services. Additional phone numbers - (201)791-2965, (973) 359 1200, (732) 985 2299. Additional emails - info@keltomgutters.com & bethdelguercio@keltomgutters.com....

08/31/2021

Nehal N.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY I hired this company to clean the gutters on my home. While they were there they dislodged a part of my gutter from the downspout. I don't believe this was done with malicious intent and was probably taken apart for cleaning by the team, who forgot to put it back together before leaving. Last night it rained quite a bit, and this caused a gush of water to come down on my back deck, leaking into my basement as well. I called the company then, no answer. (Giving them the benefit of the doubt since it was after business hours). Called again this morning to be told by an incredibly rude customer service rep that the team had not moved anything, they don't even have the ability to do that, and she can schedule a repair team to come out and give me an estimate. An estimate to repair something that wasn't a problem before your team arrived??? Absolutely not. At the VERY LEAST this should have been repaired on Keltom's dollar, as I now have to worry about the damage caused to my basement. Completely unacceptable, save yourself the headache and hire another company.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

05/23/2019

John S.

I have two story house and needed my gutters cleaned. My gutters have a cover that prevents most leaves and other debris from entering but I figured the gutters needed a cleaning. About 6 months (approx November 2018) ago I found Keltom on HomeAdvisor/AngiesList. They seemed very professional and responsive when I called for an estimate and showed up as promised to do the work. The job was not good. They didn't clear the gutters and in the process they actually made things worse because they left piles of debris in the gutters and now water flows over the front of the gutter instead of down the spouts. To their credit when I called and told them, they said they would send someone out. I don't know if they did or not I never saw this person. I did get a call from Keltom a few days later telling me that someone had come out to fix the problem. Fast forward to May 2019. I had another contractor out to give me an estimate on other work for my house. That contractor had access to my roof and mentioned that my gutters were clogged. He took pictures and showed me the leaf build up. The level of build up could not have occurred in the six months between the cleaning and now mostly because the trees had no leaves at that point AND because my gutters have covers on them. Clearly Keltom did a horrible job. I suppose I could call them and have them come back again but at this point I have no trust in them. They were given two chances and didn't deliver. To be honest, I feel like I was robbed. Do yourself a favor, look elsewhere for gutter cleaning.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

We performed the service 7 months ago on October 22, 2018 as stated. The fall foliage and debris normally falls at least after November 15 . Getting a gutter cleaning too soon will not prevent debris from filling the gutters. Per our policy if a customer has an issue we will send someone out to look at the problem and correct it if necessary. Also per our policy we inform the customer when we are coming out to take a look, he knew when we would be there and chose not to be home when our field supervisor came out. Gutter covers is not a guarantee that there will not be debris. 8 months later May 2019 during the peak spring shedding of the trees he is saying we did not clean the gutters. Debris is falling all the time and [Member Name Removed] may want to clean his gutters AFTER all the debris is off the trees.

02/28/2019

Debra C.

I've used Keltom for the past three years and, they have been great. However, I am having an issue currently (since November) where they were scheduled to comer and clean my gutters end of November, 2018. I was home the entire day they were scheduled to arrive. No one ever came; didn't think anything of it, figured they would come another day. But, within three days of that date, I receive an invoice for "gutter cleaning services" on the day the were supposed to arrive. I phoned their office and told them that they did not come (in the interim of this I checked to see if the gutters were cleaned - they were not! The individual I spoke with became a bit argumentative and said that it was noted on her sheet they were here. I explained that regardless of what was shown on her "sheet" my gutters were not cleaned. She further offered to have someone come out again (again? they never came initially). I told her to forget it - I just lost a bit of faith. I informed her that I no longer wanted to do business with them - as now I wondering how many other times did they not clean my gutters but billed me for it. I thought this was over until I receive a second invoice. I called the office to explain that the services were not done - why am I getting invoices for something I never received. They said someone would call me back to discuss. OK - but, no one ever did. Instead, I received a 3rd invoice for the same "services that were not done." Called again, same story. Received a 4th invoice - now with interest attached. Called the office again and was told someone would get back to me. So far, have not heard a thing from anyone; not very customer focused. I'm sure I'll received (yet) a 5th invoice. I had no issue at all with this company - as far as I knew, they were honest and provided the services which I paid for in the past. But, this last incident where they never performed services but yet continue to send me invoices and, tacking on interest as well. Not only is this extremely insulting, but very poor business ethics are being displayed. Why would anyone pay for something they didn't receive? Maybe Keltom will respond to me now. Seriously, what does it take. I would just caution anyone who uses their services to double check and ensure that you are receiving what you paid for.

Description of Work
gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

Our records indicate that we did clean the gutters on the customer's home. Due to the early snow storm ( 6 inches) that occurred on November 15, 2019 we did have to reschedule all the gutter cleanings scheduled through November 24. Due to the nature of outside work we can not promise any dates. This customer may have been home when originally scheduled, but had been rescheduled based on the weather conditions. It is standard to reschedule for asap. We do not bill out for services that are not performed. Per company policy if a customer calls with an issue it is standard to have our field representative go out to the home to review the job. This customer called a week later and refused our offer to send someone out and said forget it, so we did not have the opportunity to see if the gutters were improperly cleaned. Because she refused to have someone come out, we did send an invoice based on the service performed. Considering that we had serviced the home for 3 years previously with no issues this customer had the opportunity to comply with company policy and resolve the matter.

08/28/2018

Carl K.

BEWARE - DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY Crew was here approximately 15 min (for a $360 job), no ladder came off the truck and no water was used to clear/check the gutters as promised. No screen was removed to check nor remedy any issues (also an extra charge). Per Kelly in the office, a ticket was issued and tag was placed on the door for a completed job. After voicing my concern and per review by their foreman, Juan (the only person I dealt with who has integrity), he confirmed no work was done by the crew. As a small business owner, I am quite aware that one's reputation is important - I chose this company in part due to favorable reviews on Angie's list. As such, I am aware that "stuff" happens - it is in how it is handled that makes the difference between a reputable company and a sleazy company. In my view, an offer by an untrustworthy company to "re-do" work (not done) at a full price charge with not even an apology, puts KelTom in the latter category.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

The customer called to schedule a gutter cleaning and was told that with the screens we need to have the water available and when the techs arrived there was no water. The front faucet was broke and the rear faucet was hooked to the Polaris system in the pool. The ladder was not taken off the truck because it was already determined there was no water, screens were not removed as there was no water and could not be cleaned. The customer wanted the tech's to install 2 flood lights and clean the siding on his home and the tech's told the customer they were unable to perform that type of work. They then left because they could not clean the gutters with no water. The customer called the office the same day and was told that we would send our field rep out right away. Our field rep got to the home within an hour of the customer's phone call and inspected the job it was apparent that the gutters were not cleaned due to no water and could not be cleaned without the water due to the huge amount of debris in the gutters. The office then called the customer to schedule for the crew to come out 8am the next morning to clean the gutters and to have the water available. This did not satisfy him and he became verbally abusive and rude to our female clerk in the office threatening to post bad reviews and complaints and demanding a discount on the cleaning that we didn't even do yet through no fault of ours since we arrived on time and ready to do the gutter cleaning. We do not require prepayment for our gutter cleanings and received no payment of any kind in advance and are not mailing him an invoice.

08/04/2018

Michael N.

We recently contracted with Keltom to perform cleaning and repair services, and we are extremely disappointed in the workmanship and communication throughout. Contrary to what is advertised on their website, Keltom performed the work in a rushed and haphazard manner, did not communicate with us effectively, and ultimately left our front yard unsafe with sharp metal debris and staples lying on the ground. They initially came out for a gutter cleaning (description: [*** Link removed ***] This part of the process went ok - there were some issues, but nothing horrible. However, their sloppiness was a signal for what happened in the future. During this visit, they did not bring their own hose, and ours was left wrapped around half of our house. They also didn't even tell us that there were other repair issues needed for sections of our gutter; they simply got rid of some leaves and then left us to discover the further issues. When a representative came back to give us a (separate) repair estimate, we spoke about the haphazard manner in which the cleaning was done. His excuse: the guys are fully booked throughout the day, so they have a limited amount of time to rush in and rush out. Obviously as a home owner that's not what we wanted to hear. After accepting his quote to repair one ~2 foot long section of our gutter and a few other minor issues at $240/hour, he went away. A team came back about two weeks later, and after they were done we discovered about 2 feet worth of sharp, discarded metal lying on our front lawn. Then, a few days after, our 2.5 year old son picked up two extremely large and sharp staples that they left on our walkway. Luckily, we were watching him as he picked them up and grabbed them immediately, but 50/50 shot that they would've ended up in his mouth if he had a few minutes alone. After Keltom's prior comment that their guys are over scheduled, all of this made sense; they rushed in and rushed out. Despite weekly calls with the corporate office, we never asked for anything until the very end when we saw the staples. I can handle tardiness, lack of communication, and subpar work. However, I will not stand for sloppiness that leads to unsafe conditions. When I brought this up to ownership, we were simply told "no" without any sort of call back or more substantial response. Even after asking to speak to the owner directly, I received no follow-up and certainly no apology. All that they did was charge the credit card that they had on file. Keltom may be the best of the worst out there, but before you engage them for the next job, you should know how they treat their customers and how much ownership really cares

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and repairs

Category gutter cleaning,gutter repair

Regarding the gutter cleaning on the [Member Information Removed] the first time we went out to the [Member Information Removed] 5/24 there was no water so we rescheduled. At the second visit 6/1 which took us 2 hours to clean the gutters the techs did leave the hose in the back yard and we did offer to send someone out to pick up the hose that was left on the yard and Mrs. Nagelburg declined. We went out a third time because the customer thought we damaged the screens on top of the gutters and at this time 6/12 we informed the customer all the screens were old and should be replaced as they were loose, popping up, the wrong size and improperly installed. We mailed a written estimate which provided cost ($240.00) and specific material details of the work to be performed including removal of the old improperly installed screens, adjustment of the screens that the customer did not want to replace and install new 6" screens. We do not use staples to secure the screens, all screens are screwed down to the lip of the gutter and the staples came from adjusting the old screens which were improperly installed. Mr. Nagelburg was informed that the credit card would be charged upon completion of the work and he agreed. We did apologize that there were a couple of staples that we missed. The customer wanted a discount on his gutter cleaning and we did decline since the gutter cleaning was performed correctly.

12/28/2017

M P.

bad Wanted service charge before the estimate

Description of Work
Estimate for gutter repair

Category gutter cleaning,gutter repair

Once a year during the busiest time in Fall we do charge a fee for estimates on repairs. The rest of the year estimates are free of charge. Many service companies charge a fee year round.

10/20/2017

Richard B.

Better than expected. Answered phone on first call - no answering machine. Provided general pricing info and promised prompt follow-up. Follow-up later same day scheduled work for next day. Arrived on schedule, inspected work and provided firm quote confirmed by office. Work completed in less than 30 minutes by 2 competent techs.

Description of Work
Repaired loose gutter and fascia board.

Category gutter repair

07/18/2017

Al V.

Great! The guys went up there and quickly found the built up soil and removed it by hand. They sprayed down all of the gutters quickly with their hose and were on there way.

Description of Work
Clean my gutters with screens. Minor blockage on one of the gutters was causing overflowing of water during rainstorms.

01/02/2017

Bruce H.

Used the company the prior Fall and was pleased, so I signed up for an annual cleaning. Website boasts "priority scheduling" for their service agreement customers. We were booked for on/around December 19. (IIsn't that late for a Fall gutter cleaning?) They didn't show on/around 12/19. Called for an update on this late service and was told "because of the weather" and that all customers would be cleaned by 12/31. That didn't happen. Calling today to cancel and to find another contractor.

Description of Work
It's January 2nd and I'm still waiting for our Fall gutter cleaning service which itself was scheduled on/around December 19.

Category gutter cleaning

Weather conditions in December did cause us to lose work time due to the extreme cold, snow and icy conditions. We place our workers safety as a high priority and do not want to have them experience injuries due to unsafe working conditions. Gutters have debris which with the snow, ice and melting process causes the debris to freeze, so instead of taking the chance on damaging your gutters due to scraping of the gutters we sometimes have to wait for a thaw. Unlike grass mowing in the more pleasant months we deal with often rough weather. This customer signed a service agreement for late December and service was completed 1/2/2017.

08/12/2016

Eudoxia C.

Very smoothly; friendly and competent workers; came on time; did the work without problems; the gutter guards were not a problem for them; Would use them again

Description of Work
Usual gutter cleaning