Top Hat & Tails Corp Professional Chimney Services

Founded 1987 • With Angi since January 2006

105 Belmohr St

Belleville, NJ 07109

We clean chimneys all year long, but the best time is at the end of the heating season. You don't have to wait weeks for an appointment, as in the fall, and if repairs are needed they can be completed in the spring and summer. Come that first chilly late summer or early fall evening you're all set to start....

chimney sweep (57)chimney repair (15)HVAC Companies (7)fireplace services (5)chimney cap repair (5)masonry (1)

09/16/2021

Excellent. Bob and his assistant were prompt, courteous and obviously know what they are doing. Bob spoke candidly and agreed that I was in pretty good shape and the work that needed to be done could wait until the spring. He was reassuring and reasonable. Inspected both chimneys and took out the scam liner that had been placed 11 years ago. He made recommendations as to testing to be done and we ...

Description of Work
WE agreed to have work done in the spring...issues about the liner in my chimney and brought to my attention some other needs to repair the top of my chimneys and scam work done by others before Top Hat.

Category chimney sweep,heating & air conditioning/hvac,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

02/18/2020

They were on-time and completed the work well and at the agreed upon pricing.

Description of Work
Clean chimney, check to see if operating properly.

Work Completed On 02/08/2020

12/11/2018

I cannot recommend Robert more highly! We hired him to clean our chimney, but after he carefully inspected it, he said we didn't really need it. He showed us a (free!) way to get rid of the smoke smell after a fire. What a great guy!

Description of Work
chimney cleaned

Work Completed On 12/11/2018

03/27/2018

They were fantastic! Arrived on time, were professional and courteous and cleaned up after themselves. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning

Work Completed On 03/27/2018

03/27/2018

I would hire them again. They explain the situation and gave me options. I think they were very fair.

Description of Work
Chimney repair.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/27/2018

10/27/2017

A+ service! Quick and efficient, just do the job right, cleaned up all the dirt in the Chimney and the furnace can run without any issue.

Description of Work
Clean the Chimney - a bird tried to build a nest in the Chimney and it dumped a lot of leaves and sticks into the Chimney, I tried contact several Chimney companies and none of them was willing to provide the service or give a reasonable price to figure out the issue - one of them (A-1 affordable, Inc 800-865-0053) tried to overcharge me with $1,100 to just diagnose the issue.

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

10/23/2017

The man/ owner was punctual and pleasant. He alarmed with his opinion of the condition of the fireplace, chimney and furnace. I was frankly overwhelmed. It has been over two weeks and I have not received the written report. I had another certified inspector repeat the inspection and was told everything except the liner from the furnace was safe. It was a very different report. I was alarmed by the...

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection.

Category chimney sweep,heating & air conditioning/hvac,masonry,fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

09/13/2017

These folks have been cleaning our chimneys for over 20 years, and we've never had a single problem. We look forward to seeing them each autumn!

Description of Work
chimney cleaning for furnace, hot water heater, woodstove, fireplace

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

09/01/2017

Very punctual, timely and extremely personable. Did a thorough job of the inspection. But his estimates of the cost to repair were way higher than we got elsewhere. In retrospect, for inspections, one should hire a firm that ONLY does inspections. Too much probability for conflict of interest, if the firm does both inspections and repairs.

Description of Work
Chimney and fireplace inspection.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

05/17/2016

Bob was very helpful trying to figure out the problem with our flue and cap. He used a camera to take pictures of every thing so that he could show us the exact problems we had. I felt very comfortable that the repairs were really needed and in fact after that, our problems disappeared. Best of all he had the parts he needed in his truck to fix it right then and there. He arrived on time and got s...

Description of Work
Inspected chimney and repaired cap on top.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/17/2016

Chimney sweeping, fireplace, gas burner, oil burner & wood stove, caps, waterproofing, flue relining, masonry repairs, dead animal removal & top mounted dampers.