Bath Fitter - BFU236

Founded 1984 • With Angi since June 2006

4.4

1187 Shields Rd Suite 1

Kernersville, NC 27284

At Bath Fitter, we are dedicated to providing a quality product, one that is professionally installed by our trained and qualified staff. We stand behind out product by offering a lifetime warranty. Bath Fitter Greensboro is franchised owned and operated by Martin Martin Renovations Inc., doing business as Bath Fitter....

09/26/2018

John M.

After I paid my initial $1500 deposit I didn’t hear anything from Bath Fitter regarding scheduling for 2 to 3 weeks. So I called them to try to get the job scheduled. It took conversations with four different people before I finally got the job scheduled. The installer did a pretty good job. The only complaint I had is he mounted the curtain rod too high. So I needed to return the shower curtain that I bought and special order a longer one online. The shower looks nice and I’m happy with the overall quality. I just think $6000 is too high for that shower.

Description of Work
Replaced existing shower stall with new bath fitter acrylic shower.

11/29/2017

Sherry M.

We are very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
We had our tub removed and a walk-in shower put in to replace it.

07/27/2017

KENNETH O.

Overall the initial installation years ago was fine, although expensive as I remember. The Warrenty work was un- responsive / slow & very unsatisfactory.

Description of Work
Years ago we had BATH FITTER install a new shower pan over the existing because it leaked. Worked well & all was fine until earlier this year when it developed a crack. I called & yes it was under warranty & was quickly ordered. Several weeks after waiting for it to come in I found I had to wait several more weeks before someone could make it out to install. After it was installed I showered and found it leaked VERY BADLY. The sweep had been left off. Many phone calls later someone came out to "fix" it. He moved the door higher, but did not reattach the sweep??! Many phone call and arguments later I got the original installer back. He reattached the sweep & even a new piece to improve it. IT DIDN'T WORK. Still leaks & floods the floor. The manager now says that they have done all they will. I tell then that it didn't leak before & yes it's old but it worked fine before they removed it. NO SATISFACTION! I won't call them when we want to redo that shower!

05/03/2017

Teri I.

This company provided excellent service from the start to finish. Danny sales guy was very understanding and helpful. He was informative during the process. Dallas, installer, was AMAZING. Ask for HIM! He cares about his job. It's like he was installing something for himself. He was respectful and did his job with high quality!

Description of Work
Bathtub/shower liner

01/22/2016

Stephen B.

They did everything they said they would do. Excellent work. Very responsive.

Description of Work
replaced bathtub and upgraded shower

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

07/26/2015

Gavin C.

Bath Fitter only sells products that they manufacture and they provide a lifetime guarantee. This was a refreshing alternative from the more obvious choices. Both the sales staff and the installation team were highly professional and responsive; and were justifiably proud of the work they do and the company they work for. I was very pleased with the quality of the work and the quality of the product. The price was very fair considering the lifetime guarantee.

Description of Work
Replacement of a damaged bathtub.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

04/30/2014

Bobby C.

They are a national risk. They came heer and were selling doors. They put the shower door backwards, water drains back and the shower drains on the floor. We have got some from Angie's List to look at it. My brother used him at the same time and he has his base already spoilt. We are not satisfied with his work. One time i had an issue and they came back and looked at it.

Description of Work
We used Bath Fitter for bathroom remodeling.

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

All issues have been resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

01/05/2014

Wendy W.

The representative was very nice and apologetic for not being able to help us. He made suggestions and helped us figure out the brand of our faucets. If we should choose to do an entire shower installation at some point, we would certainly contact them again.

Description of Work
We contacted Bath Fitter to install a new shower door. When the representative came out we found out that since we didn't want a new shower enclosure (we had tile) that they wouldn't be able to help us.

07/30/2013

Ann R.

All personnel were very professional. They perfected our property. I would definitely use Bath Fitter again.

Description of Work
Installed a walk in shower. Removed my tub.

05/27/2013

Joan W.

Every thing went well ...contractors on time, heat, professional, compliant, etc. we were very pleased with the whole process. only problem shower doors ordered were the wrong size.

Description of Work
MBR - new shower + toilet guest room - stall shower + toilet bath had new fixtures (shower heads).

Category bathtub refinishing, glass repair, plumbing, home remodeling, doors

05/16/2013

Jennifer Y.

Excellent service from sales to construction and clean-up. They were very professional and very clean!

Description of Work
Tore out stand alone shower and also garden tub. Then replaced garden tub with a large shower. Sheet-rocked old shower area for a closet to be completed in the future.

04/02/2013

Rhea D.

Billy(installer) was very professional , efficient & courteous. Bonnie also was very professional & helpful with her suggestions/ Project was done in 2 days as promised bathroom was left clean / I love it!

Description of Work
Tub converted to shower.

Category bathtub refinishing, plumbing

03/04/2013

Margaret H.

The service was excellent. They were very timely. Once we contacted them they came and we placed the order. They were very timely and did the installation as well.

Description of Work
They put in a new wall liner around the tub.

02/28/2013

Bill M.

It took about a week to mold the acrylic walls and then 4 days for the installation. The new shower is beautiful and the workmanship was excellent. The installer, Josh, was very nice and worked hard. He made sure that every thing was cleaned up at the end of each day. It did take a couple of days longer than the original estimate which was not a problem for us. We did discover a small leak on the door frame and Josh came back quickly to do additional caulking. We are very pleased with the service and final product.

Description of Work
Bathfitters removed a small leaking shower and large garden tub in our master bath. They then installed a large acrylic shower with glass doors in the space occupied by the tub and replaced the toilet with a modern water saving one.

01/30/2013

Katherine J.

Steve was very good in explaining tows about the whole Bath Fitter.

Description of Work
Very good when ask to come back.

Category plumbing

01/23/2013

Robert V.

They were very responsive and professional, providing a prompt quotation. However, we decided to use a different contractor. My daughter had used them a couple of years ago to refinish her bathtub and surrounding walls. They were an inexpensive alternative to replacing the bathtub and tiled walls. The completed job looked good but developed some mold at one of the seams about a year later. To their credit, they came back out and replaced the entire tub liner and walls.

Description of Work
Estimate to remodel two bathrooms

12/12/2012

Kirby M.

The Bath Fitter sales person was able to schedule my installation for the week after my purchase, so no long wait times, which I really liked. He thoroughly explained the process to me of how the installation would go...that it normally only required one day but I was going to need two days (a week apart) so they could get the shower door in the finish I wanted (wasn't in their current stock). He also walked me through the shower options I could select to customize my shower. When the installation crew (2 guys) arrived, they were on time and immediately went to work. They covered my floors before starting work and were very courteous and professional while there. Once finished, they completely cleaned up and left no mess for me to deal with. In fact, by the time I realized they were through for the first day, all their debris was removed from my home and everything was cleaned. I could tell this wasn't their first installation. They were efficient and professional; they knew exactly what they were doing and there was no wasted time at all...a very very good experience. The final product is exactly what I wanted. The shower encloser itself (the three walls of the shower) is one single piece and not 3 pieces that are attached together in the corners. I like this because I feel it reduces the chances of future leaks or water infiltration behind the shower walls. The shower's glass doors and hardware, and all the extras I chose to customize it, are absolutely beautiful. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
I contracted with Bath Fitter to replace my tub with a new walk-in shower, and this also included all plumbing disconnects and new hook-ups.

12/04/2012

Mary G.

One guy did a wonderful job in both bathrooms. I had asked for a seat in the shower and it was left off the invoice for the work. He called and it was added at no extras cost, sticking with original agreement. I decided not to use the included shower rod in the original invoice, and the cost of it was deducted from the final payment. I was very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Replaced one bathtub with a shower in one bath room and replaced the tub in the other bathroom.

Candy S.

At first, it wasn't good and wouldn't stay caulked. We couldn't use the shower because we were worried water would get into the walls and cause mold. We had a hard time getting them to come out. I had to call them several times before we could get someone to come out. The first person who came out for the repair was rude. He re-caulked it and said if it didn't hold they would have to come back. He said that time was free and if they had to come back, there would be charge. We could tell right away that it wasn't going to hold. We spoke with the general manager, and he sent someone out at no charge. It wasn't fitting solid to the wall and they had to send someone out to re-gule it to the wall. After caulking it again, it has stayed so far.

Description of Work
I hited them to install a bathtub and a shower.

Bruce W.

It turned out really well. We were very pleased with them.

Description of Work
They replaced the bathroom shower in our guest bath.

Susan P.

It turned out okay. I didn't have any problems with them. They were professional and easy to deal with. Their price was reasonable and fair. They were very responsive, timely, and came when they said they were going to.

Description of Work
I hired them to remove an old bathtub and install a new shower.

Annette S.

It came with a lifetime guarantee, thankfully. Something is constantly wrong with the tub. Their workmanship is poor and they do not follow-through on their promises. The most recent issue occurred when my son took a bath. The water was pouring down into my office downstairs. At that time, I called a plumber, not knowing from where the water was coming. The plumber said it was the tub and asked who installed it. As soon as I said Bath Fitters, he backed away and said I would have to call them. I only continue to use them because the tub has a lifetime guarantee and consistently has issues. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
About 6-7 years ago, I had them install a new tub and shower wall.

Joan Y.

I am satisfied with the work that they did. I later had a problem with something in the bathtub and they took care of it just fine. They came right away and fixed it.

Description of Work
I hired them to refinish the bathtub and shower.

Gregory Z.

It turned out okay. I was fairly happy with the work, but I feel it was between 20% and 30% overpriced. Everything was completed in one day just as it was guarantted. The tub and acrylic is a good product. For the price, the finished product is okay.

Description of Work
I hired them to replace and old bathtub.

08/31/2012

Irene U.

Our unhappy experience with Bath Fitter is detailed in services performed--or not performed-- section of this review.

Description of Work
We consider this company's business practices to be totally unethical and hope others learn from our bitter experience. At our request, Bath Fitter salesman Wayne Pinnix came to our house on Wednesday, August 29 and gave a presentation about the company's acrylic product. We were not totally certain this was the material we wanted for our shower replacement and expressed our desire to have a day or two to consider and also to give us time to talk with another company whose proposal we were anticipating. Wayne used what we considered high pressure tactics, insisting we could only get a certain cash discount if the order were placed immediately and a deposit of $1,245 given to him. He assured us that we had three days to cancel the order if we changed our minds and further stated that the order would not be placed until Tuesday, September 4, 2012. Twenty-four hours later on Thursday, August 30, we did in fact decide to cancel the order and mailed Bath Fitter a letter stating this by registered mail with delivery confirmation. We also phoned the salesman that night and told him we had decided to cancel the order and had mailed a letter that day stating our intention and reminded him that he had clearly stated we would have three days to cancel. He was very unhappy and proceeded to grill us to learn who the competitor was who had gotten our business, suggested the name of a competitor he suspected, asked if we had not been impressed by the lifetime warranty, but ultimately acknowledged that we had cancelled the order within the time allowed.On Friday morning, August 31, we discovered to our dismay that our check for $1,245 had already cleared our bank--despite the fact that the three day time period had not elapsed and that the order was not scheduled to be placed until September 4. We called Bath Fitter in Kernersville and complained about the deposit of the check and said we intended to drive there immediately to get the refund due to us. We were told the manager was not available to talk with us but did receive a call shortly afterward from Gary Black, manager of the Kernersville office of Bath Fitter. He, like the woman who had taken the original call, insisted that any refund would have to be mailed from the corporate office in Canada and would take ten to fourteen business days.All of this is totally unacceptable: the pressure tactics, the cashing of the deposit before the end of the cancellation period, and the incredible delay in getting our refund. No matter how good their product might be, we would never recommend Bath Fitter because of what we consider unethical behavior and will warn others to avoid doing business with them.