Total Construction by Dale Lands LLC

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2012

1.6

General Remodeling

We are a full service General Contractor but we also offer many small services to help you with any needs. We do all kinds of new construction from residential to commercial and also offer many maintenance choices from your yard to your roof....

ExactJack Inc

We use a state of the art technology developed by the department of transportation (D.O.T.) for highway repair adopted for industrial and residential applications. We use Polymer Injections for concrete raising and our permanent repair is guaranteed. Our high density polyurethane repair material is made from naturally grown and recycled sources which supports Green technology and protecting resources.

Sun4light.Inc.

As the area's ONLY VELUX Dealer Installer, Sun4Light provides homeowners superior products and installation. Velux Sun Tunnels and Skylights are manufactured in South Carolina and delivered to our warehouse within two to four days. Our team of installers has more experience in tubular lighting (solatube, sun tunnels, sola tubes) than anyone in the country! With a solutions-oriented approach to day-lighting, our specialist will provide you with the best lighting solution! All installations are warranted by the manufactured against leaking! Give us a call for your free in-home evaluation! Ask about how our products can qualify for a 26% solar tax credit. Beginning November 2020, Sun4Light,Inc. expanded product and service offerings to include roofing!

EcoCrawls LLC

We provide sealed and conditioned crawlspaces, we also install insulation, french drains, dehumidifiers, vapor barriers, and provide water restoration services such as mold remediations plus more. We are a locally owned and operated company and provide a personalized experience for each of our customers. With over 10 years of experience we promise to get the job done right !

07/20/2019

They never called

Description of Work
Replace damaged hardi-board siding

Category handyman service,siding

11/22/2017

Never happened: Mother payed deposit of almost $500 and just over 2 months later, still getting jerked around as to why its not even SCHEDULED yet. Mr Lands is quoted as saying "you're not getting your money back" even though the contract clearly states there is a 15% cancellation fee, "do what you gotta do" is in regards to my mother trying to get her money refunded, and "you're not a priority" i...

Description of Work
Install 2 storm doors

Category bathtub refinishing,custom cabinets,countertops,decks,flooring contractor,handyman service,hardwood floor,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,home builders,marble & granite,home remodeling,cabinet refacing,sunrooms,basement remodeling,mobile home remodeling

03/03/2017

Not well. Been at least 3 maths for a 3 day job quoted. Took materials we or for. Cashed check for lament and refuse to complete work

Description of Work
sided old home and addition. Kept materials we purchased. Quoted $3200. Charged us for 'gas' and for specific workers who did not work on our job. Promised to finish 'next week'. Never did. The installer told my husband yesterday they would not be back. I paid them in full and check cleared. Left trash in my yard and siding is falling off house. They never finished front and left my front porch unsafe and unusable

Category siding

11/10/2015

Absolutely terrible experience. Had these guys redo my roof a while back, and while they seemed to do a good job, they started a week later than quoted, it took 3 days longer than they quoted, and when they finished, they left close to 20 pounds of nails and debris around my house. I still find felt tacks to this day. After cleaning up the mess myself with zero compensation from them and nothing m...

Description of Work
Replace roof

Category remodeling,roofing,home builders,home remodeling

02/15/2014

This company is NOT a licensed LLC with the Secretary of State's Office nor registered with the BBB as stated. Be very careful.

Description of Work
Completely ruined my home. Two contractors have given me "quotes" on what was done and they have never seen such horrible work. I have been told "generously," he maybe put $85,000 into my home. My home was better prior to the fire. The ceilings are sinking, the hardwood floors are separating (we are talking inches here). It's a hot mess. I would not use these people. I hope they are out of business. His employees' stole personal property.

Category air duct cleaning

08/03/2013

They did an awesome job...I could not be more pleased! First I'll start by saying that I initially had intentions on hiring them to paint the inside of my house; however, during the process of setting everything up I had storm damage to my roof which caused many leaks so I had to switch gears. They were so helpful - especially when helping me stop current leaks and potential leaks so that I would have minimal damage inside. They also helped me deal with my insurance company and making sure the insurance company did their part. After everything was done I had a new roof and I was still able to paint the inside of my house. They were professional, thorough, prompt, and accommodating to me and my needs. I'm very particular about who comes in my home and I also have 2 cats that I wanted to make sure were safe during the process. With that said, I did my homework and Total Construction was highly recommended to me by a friend who knows how peculiar I can be at times. She has dealt with Dale Lands many times and everything she said about him and more was true. I've always gotten 3-4 estimates anytime I have any repairs/remodel to my house and their prices were very reasonable and they also offered several payment options so that I could find one that was best for me. I will definitely use them again for any home improvements I have in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced my roof, painted the interior walls and ceilings of my home, and installed a ceiling fan.

Category air duct cleaner

06/24/2013

DO NOT HIRE TOTAL CONSTRUCTION BY DALE LANDS. PERIOD. He will take your money and not even care. I am a single mom and as of today, my six-year-old son (who has autism, and stability is essential in his world) and I have so much work to yet be completed, we still can't really "live" in or call our house a home. As the result of a total loss electrical house fire in July 2011, I hired "Total Construction by Dale Lands" in September 2012 to completely take down and rebuild my home. Things started out great. Mr. Lands was extremely helpful plowing through the "red tape" of the insurance "game" with State Farm not wanting to pay out policy funds I was entitled to. I finally had some peace of mind and was so excited about moving forward. In December, however, everything drastically changed. Mr. Lands became distant. He became involved in another projects. Days went by then weeks and nothing was happening at my house. He assured me not to worry, it would be done by the end of February. I gave my first notice to vacate early from my May 15th lease from Abberly Apartments in White Oak Complex in Garner. It was nowhere near being completed. It was extended another 45 days. Meanwhile, I was paying BOTH my house payment AND rent. My lease expired and he basically "blackmailed me" for the remaining money, refusing to finish. You don't get rich from insurance proceeds, folks. It is to rebuild your home...your life. If he had completed my house on time, I would have had money in the bank and could be moving forward. All of the sudden, he had brand new company trucks with his name and logo on them, a professional website, LLC title, etc. It was like he woke up one morning and said, "I think I'll start an LLC today." EVERY person who has come into this house is absolutely disgusted with the quality of work desired and expected in a 3,500 square foot home. And there have been many. Here are some scary facts: HE DOES NOT PAY HIS SUBS. I had to pay two electric bills to Progress Energy which occurred during the construction phase from the temporary pole. The last time his "people" came, they did nothing but leave a 3'x3' open hole to the outside in my third floor closet. Yes, sheetrock pulled off and wide open. Almost every employee has a public FELONY record, including Mr. Lands. He uses many mixed aliases in the public records of Wake County. With the exception of his son, who is used to do his father's dirty work, I found EVERYONE's record. He had a man working on my job who served time for raping and murdering a girl about 20 years ago. He spread malicious rumors around town that I was "f<<<<<<" (his word, not mind) around with one of his disgusting cons. He also never referred to me as a "client" to others. It came back that he called me "the crazy f****** b****." If he had done his job correctly, I wouldn't have had to get vocal. Being nice got me real far. At least I didn't trash his reputation. If this truth trashes it, so be it. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go through what my son and I have been through. He is incapable of telling the truth. He will promise you the world to your face and comes across very professional. Don't be fooled. Mr. Lands only cares about money. Personal property has also been stolen. A Bose system, ferns for front porch. I am asking for restitution for $575. This doesn't include personal property removed without my knowledge prior to building. Just a Few Things Wrong Right Now: Water under the house! MOLD? This house was not professionally cleaned prior to him accepting the last payment, which came from my ex-husband. Not me. Although it is MY house. Wires hanging two feet out in my so-called pantry. It's more like a utility closet. All rooms were supposed to have cable-ready outlets. Only two have them. His people have come several times and nothing is accomplished. One phone outlet I found does not work on third floor. I plugged the cord in and no connection. Yard full of glass, trash, nails, plastic, shingles, cigarettes, food and beverage containers, etc. Just doesn't care. Doors have cracks in them. Jet Garden Tub doesn't work in master bedroom. Surround in Tub does not go all the way around. It is made to fit a standard tub. Painted in flat, which you don't do in bathrooms. They are all done in flat. Semi-gloss is the way to go. Light fixtures are put up crooked, missing bulbs and two ceiling fan blades are put on backwards (two different colors). No convenient switches or outlets where I requested. No cable wires behind plates - 4 weeks living here and nothing done. TWC and me NOT happy. Cable drilled hole in my living floor to get us connected - on first floor only. The cheapest carpet and not what I picked out. Carpet coming loose on stairs and they are creaking as well as second floor creaking like a 50-year-old house. I had requested wooden steps with a carpet runner. Kitchen floor has bubbles in it. It has been redone twice already. Mr. Lands talked me into vinyl siding (I had hardy-plank) stating it would be "easier for me to maintain." There is a hole in it and it is bowing and separating terribly. I have since learned that this actually what was best for Mr. Lands' wallet, not me or my house. Vinyl is approximately 2/3 cheaper than hardy. The appliances are for a trailer/apartment and not what I picked out. I actually think they are used. No paperwork with them and they were not installed. I will be returning them to Lowe's. Hardwood floors were done three times and the last time they sanded they covered NOTHING. I have been wiping red dust off of my furniture and everything in this house. Still finding dust. AND breathing it. They still are NOT right. There were termites in this house. They did not spray, treat or inspect the house for termites. He told me "that's not his a problem. I should get a termite person out here." After the hardwood floor was supposedly finished in the downstairs half-bath, water leaked for who knows how long. The floors and moulding are completely ruined and need to be replaced. The garage...a whole other story. Not painted, no moulding. Mess. The master bedroom floor is actually sinking in spots. I used a level and could not believe how bad this room was finished. The outside water for hose attachment has leaked for months. I contacted my water company so I hopefully will not have to the pay the hundreds of dollars of wasted water. My lights flicker on the second floor when my heat pump comes on. Mr. Lands REFUSED to finish my house and deliberately withheld papers for inspections to pass until he received the last crumbs of the insurance claim from the bank (he had already been paid approximately $210,000.00 (according to the bank) leaving me and my son completely homeless for 25 days). I, as the home owner, had to retrieve the permit (pay $60) and jump through very unnecessary hoops just to get a temporary CO. Sheetrock tape shows at the entire ceiling of my kitchen. Was never sanded down and painted. Other areas of the house as well. Absolutely NO pride or attention to detail in his work. There is not ONE room in this house or wall on the outside, complete. I am going to publish this, but there is much, much more to the story. Want to hear more or see pics? Let me know! Latest Update: The last telephone call I received from him on Monday, June 17th, stated he was busy with "the girl I am seeing. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer." Ladies, I am the first to have compassion. However, this girl is very much married. I need my house completed. Let her husband (who obviously thinks she is just using this company for investment or home improvement work) take care of his wife, and please just finish my house. When you record this information on my answering machine and use it as an "excuse" to not finish my house, I have a real problem. I have called at least three times to schedule a walk-through with no call back and no appointment set. Legal Action should be pending. If something doesn't happen soon, it will be. Please share your thoughts. I wouldn't trust this company to cut my grass. Which they claim to do, but they certainly didn't cut my grass for me this year. My ex-husband and his wife and parents came out here and did some yard work for me, as I have my own personal health issues going on now and absolutely do not need this stress and inconvenience. Thank you so much for your time.

Description of Work
Total Construction by Dale Lands was hired to completely tear down and rebuild my three-story family home, restoring it to "its original condition or better" from fire and water damage due to an electrical house fire from July 2011.

Category electrician","flooring contractor","heating & cooling contractor","lawn service","Lighting","plumber","room remodeling","roofer","tree service company","window installer","architect","home remodeling contractor","interior painter

07/20/2019

They never called

Description of Work
Replace damaged hardi-board siding

Category handyman service","siding contractor

Lanscaping & hardscaping, home additions & remodels, professional services, exterior & interior home improvement, demolitions, emergency services, insurance claims work

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express