Hanneke Tree Care and Landscaping

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2013

4751 Music Ln

St Louis, MO 63128

Turn to Hanneke Tree Service for complete stump removal and tree services. We've worked hard to become the go-to tree company in the St. Louis, MO area. Whether you need a stump removed or a tree trimmed, you won't regret hiring Hanneke Tree Service. We're dedicated to delivering prompt tree services and one-on-one customer care. Instead of putting your safety at risk, trust Hanneke Tree Service for secure tree removal. We have all the equipment and tools needed and rely on years of experience to remove any tree at your home or office, regardless of size. Call to get a free estimate. We offer discounts for senior citizens and military personnel....

06/26/2021

Steve M.

The Hanneke tree cutting crew did a great job in cutting down a tall pine tree (approximately 1 foot diameter) + grind stump and a burning bush+ grind stump. The work was completed in 1 1/2 hours. The clean-up of debris was very good. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Cut down tall pine tree/grind stump and cut down burning bush/grind stump

Category firewood, tree service

10/23/2019

David H.

Prompt response to quote request, received competitive bid, crew showed up on time and did work competently. site was cleaned up.

Description of Work
Single damaged tree needed to be taken down.

10/01/2019

Doug S.

They said they would come over and then never showed up. That was two weeks ago.

Description of Work
Asked for them to inspect my tree

Category tree service

this must be a mistake, i have no record of your name or address in my system, call me 3149609797 and i can get your info and come give you a bid

09/21/2019

Geri P.

Good job. Cleared debris and did all I asked.

Description of Work
Tree trimming; cedar cut down and others cut back.

04/07/2019

Susan O.

Called Matt for an estimate on removing 4 trees and cleaning up and removal of a large fallen tree and trimming up a large pine tree. Matt came out within a couple of days and then promptly emailed me an estimate. His bid was lower than previous bids from other companies. A date was set for the work the next week. The crew came out on specified day and started to work. I was very impressed with the equipment Matt and his crew used, all top notch and seemed to make the job go so much easier. The crew was friendly and certainly a group of extremely hard workers. Everything was completely cleaned up once they were done. No complaints what so ever !! Due to the amount of work, they did have to come back the next morning to remove the last tree. They were here again on time and tree was gone in a matter of hours. We still have more trees to remove and I will be contacting Matt for the removal of some large pine trees. Seems when this complex was built 30 years ago, the builder went overboard on planting trees and now for safety we just need to have some of them removed. I would definitely hire Hanneke Tree Service again. Great service and great prices.

Description of Work
Tree Removal

09/30/2018

Sean P.

Matt was very professional throughout the whole process -- from getting an estimate to the work being completed. -- and he was the most affordable of all the companies I requested estimates from. I was impressed with how expertly and quickly he and his team worked. Before the job, I was concerned about their large trucks causing damage to my driveway -- Matt made an extra trip out to my house to take a look and assured me that he thought my driveway would be fine. After the job was complete, you could hardly tell they had even been there. And to top it off, they ground out an extra old stump next to my driveway free of charge. I would not hesitate to hire him again.

Description of Work
Removed a large, dead post oak and ground out the stump. Also removed a pile of old logs.

09/26/2018

Matt L.

The first time they came out they did a really poor job, so I had them come again. They still left a lot dead wood in my trees. Every time it storms, I have tree branches everywhere and I can see big branches over my house and the neighbors. The neighbor even commented that they did not do very good. I stupidly had to leave and assumed they would do a good job. I would never ever recommend them to anyone. If you do hire them, just make sure you don't pay until after the job is done. Matt wanted another $300 to come finish the job they started. Horrible experience!!

Description of Work
Trim deadwood out of 2 oak trees

Category tree service

Im not sure what happened with this job but we do the best we can on every job we do and make 99% of our customers happy, and sometimes only about 1 in 100 customers just cant be pleased, were sorry but we tryed twice to make him happy

07/25/2018

Elizabeth K.

Matt not only gave me an incredibly reasonable bid (cheaper than any of the others, and almost half the cost of one bid), but the quality of the work they did was fantastic. We had 6 large trees removed from our property. They were timely, courteous, friendly, worked hard. The crew was finished in less than 3 full days, and they cleaned up the property before leaving. Matt even gave us advice on some of our trees both before taking them down as well as on the ones that were remaining.

Description of Work
Tree removal- 6 large trees

03/12/2018

Thomas L.

The 2 guys that came out were friendly and did a good job.

Description of Work
Remove a couple of trees

11/04/2017

Mark W.

Came out right away and gave excellent quote. Told 2 or so weeks and was a couple of weeks longer. I had a schedule issue the day before my fault and Matt moved my job last minute which was great. When they came out I was on time and the work was great. More than I expected and 1 of them stayed into the evening to complete the job and avoid my having to be home for them to come back. Cleaned up great. Would recommend and use any chance I get

Description of Work
I had 1 tree removed and multiple trees and bushes trimmed as ell as stump ground

11/01/2017

Mary A.

not too good. only sent 1 guy and he dropped tree on neighbors gutter. the company did fix the problem

Description of Work
tree cut down

10/12/2017

Nessie M.

Matt did an absolutely awesome job!! I was so impressed with his expertise in handling the truck and equipment that took down my big trees. It was really something to watch. It was fast and the most efficient way to do it. The guys cleaned up and hauled away all debris and my yard looks great. I was very happy with the price and would recommend him to anyone anytime. I have a lot of BIG trees in my backyard and it's about time to dead wood them and will definitely call Matt to do the job. Thanks Matt, SUPER JOB!!!!!

Description of Work
I had two very dead trees taken down in my front yard, one was very close to my house and was worried about it blowing over on the house during a storm.

10/03/2017

Richard S.

We were not happy. My husband actually had to call them back and he's still not happy. The problem was they were supposed to remove the tree and then grind up the stomp and they really didn't grind the stump. They kind of only grind the part that's above the ground. When I called them I specifically said do you grind the stump? They said yes." Well, when they came, they did not grind the stump. They chipped at it; they chipped, chipped, chipped, chipped, chips everywhere. I mean they did clean up." Well, when they came, they did not grind the stump. The reason I asked was grinding, that you have sawdust. Well, there was nothing like that. They cut down some of the stump. They cut the tree down fine. Some of the stump was done, but some of the stump was way too high. So, I called back and said you know what, this stump is not down, even level with to cover the ground. It was the same guy that came back. He grind again, it was much better. I really would never use that company again because I felt when you said grinding I think that's pretty clear I don't have to say sawdust, but it's not chipping. So, that's what my disgruntlement was about that I didn't pursue anything further with them because, in addition to the tree stump, I had a crawling juniper in the island there were the one tree was. That had significant stumping to it also. I could not chip it; I could not dig it out. They did not touch that, which it was not part of the tree, I understand that. I can't criticize them for that, it wasn't part of the tree, but I still have an open bare spot out there because I still have to get somebody to come in and grind that away. To me, it wasn't the best of jobs. They been in the business a long time and maybe some people like it, but for me, I wanted grinding and I specifically asked for grinding. The equipment they had looked like it was older than me and I'm in my 70s: Not that old equipment doesn't work. So, that was my reason. I did have to do that with another company years ago that I called back because they didn't go down far enough to suit me. When you go down six inches very, much that's not very much you need to go down to where you can cover it. If you had equipment that would grind it to sawdust that would take a short time to do it, but when you have a chipper that does two inches at a time, that takes a long time. I was grateful for the coupon because I would not have been happy to pay $400 for what they did. They did have to chop two trees down, so I guess the price was fine.The gentleman couldn't be nicer when I called about him coming back about him coming out again. The guy was very nice and said we'll send him back out. They were pleasant enough, but I didn't get what I wanted out of it. He did respond to me even though I wasn't satisfied, the second time he did do better, much better. I thought the professionalism was good. I didn't see anything wrong with it at all. I would not use them again for chipping unless they can guarantee that they'd do grinding.

Description of Work
Tree service.

Category lawn service, tree service

Im not sure why i was given a c for this the job went well, if theres a problem call me and we will correct any issues 3149609797

09/13/2017

Don E.

Did a great job of removal and clean up in less than 7 hours. They were the most reasonably priced out of three bids. Would definitely have them return for further work if necessary.

Description of Work
Large Pin Oak Tree removal and grind out stump, trim another large Pin Oak of dead branches from small city back yard..

08/11/2017

Ray A.

Promised three different arrival days. Finally today after I said I had to count on him giving me a firm day of arrival he aid I should find another company to do the work. Our conversations were always friendly, and professional. He simply would not give me his name which was not on the Hanneke contract nor a date they would start working. The contract amount was for $2,500. I would not waste my time or money on this company.

Description of Work
Trees and shrubs trimmed. Flower beds cleaned out and rocked

Category landscaping, tree service

sorry tone of voice in our last conversation turned me off, i try but i cant please everyone but my A reviews speak for the vast majority of my customers

08/11/2017

Barbara G.

We had a contract on the house so we needed to have the work done quickly. Matt gave us a bid the day I called and completed the job the following day.

Description of Work
We had to have a large branch removed from the roof of our rental property.

05/13/2017

Cheri O.

He called on Easter Sunday evening and said he would be here 4/17 between 9:00-10:00. He called at 10:30 and said his truck broke down he would call me back at the end of the week to reschedule. I never heard from him, I called 4/24 to see when they were coming. I was told he would be here on 4/26. He called me on 4/26 at 8:00 AM and canceled because it might rain that afternoon. He told me I was "first" on the list as soon as the weather dried up they would be here. He said he was shooting to be here either 5/1 or 5/2, they would call to confirm and I have never heard from him. We have gone on and hired someone else who did a great job.

Description of Work
We hired him on 4/5/17 to remove some bushes, vines and large pine tree.

Category tree service

as u might recall we had more record flooding in april and i was unable to get anything done that week because we were cut off from the county as we live on the other side of the meramac, plus truck took 3 weeks to fix, next time please call me and i will have it taken care of, i always do my best to make my customers happy but some things are out of my control.

04/13/2017

Sandra W.

Even with all of the challenges, Matt and his crew did an awesome job! This difficult job was completed in one day at a more than reasonable price. Matt paid attention to detail and was very careful in working around the fence and wires. Job was cleaned up very well. I would highly recommend Hanneke Landscaping.

Description of Work
I needed an unhealthy massive tree removed. The job was not easy as the houses were close together, the tree was near a fence, there were multiple wires across the yard, there were several cars on the street where the equipment had to be parked, and my neighbors had to allow access to their driveway and backyard too.

02/21/2017

Jennifer V.

It took one day to take down the backyard tree and only a few hours for the front tree. Trees and debris were completely removed from property. I am extremely happy with the work that Hanneke did and the timeframe in which they did it. I'm also happy there are no more leaves to rake.

Description of Work
I had two large trees removed. The tree in the backyard was hanging over my house, a fence, two neighbors' yards and a power line. I also have a very narrow driveway that makes it difficult to get to the backyard.

02/20/2017

Brenda Y.

Workers worked all day and completed the task into the night. Would like to have seen a little more clean-up around the cut tree area.

Description of Work
Removal of large sugar gum tree

02/07/2017

Amanda S.

Matt took my call and was able to provide me with a bid on the same day. Other companies I've contacted still have yet to return my call. I really appreciated his sense of urgency as we had a branch that was hanging over wires that looked like it was ready to snap. The work was done the following week. I am very satisfied with the speed of the service that was performed and the professionalism with Matt and his crew. I am very particular - and the trimming looked professionally done, and well shaped. Also, any questions or concerns I had were promptly addressed and taken care of with ease. Thanks so much!

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

01/02/2017

Kelly H.

Matt was very prompt in coming by to give us a detailed bid. He and his team were there for 3 days from beginning to end. They were very courteous and polite and even cleared existing branches that were on the ground. They cleaned the area up before they left, we were very pleased and would recommend them. We will use them for any additional work needed

Description of Work
We needed 3 large trees removed and several trimmed.

12/20/2016

Kirk H.

Crew showed up on time but took entire day to trim all three trees. We were told it would only be four to five hours. This wasn't a big deal to us as we were home for the day anyway. After trimming trees, I asked for some "touch up" and they did what I asked. They cleaned up good, but left indentations and tire marks in the yard. Again, not a big deal but thought they could have let me know. I didn't notice until the next day. Overall, they did a good job.

Description of Work
Three trees needed to be trimmed back half the current size.

12/06/2016

William S.

Excellent! On time, professional, no nonsense, no overcharging or up selling. Great company!

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal.

11/10/2016

Traci B.

Fabulous! We're very pleased with their service!

Description of Work
They were great! Let us know what they felt would be the best plan of action and explained why.