All Season Roofing

Founded 2006 • With Angi since February 2010

2.5

RESIDENTIAL RE-ROOFING,COMMERCIAL APARTMENTS,CHURCHES, ROOF REPAIRS, FLAT ROOFS, INSURANCE CLAIMS FOR HAIL & WIND DAMAGE, REMODELING ALL TYPES, BATHROOMS,KITCHENS,FIREPLACES,BASEMENTS...

SC.Cleaning

Cleaning Business

Chimney Specialists LLC Buster Pruente

We're a Father/Son team and have been in business since 1977 and on all the major Insurance Company's preferred contractor list. We'll share with you all the technical specs and practical fixes for any problems you have and do the work ourselves. We have masonry craftsmen to call in on bigger jobs. Free estimates are available on jobs where there is a fair chance of winning your job. We're not the the highest or the lowest priced contractors, we try to stay middle of the road pricing. We won't come in and "scare" you with dire warnings about your house, but we will give you an inspection based on local codes and years of experience. We've seen it all before and can solve all chimney related problems. We've also done historic work on homes in greater Kansas City and St Joseph,and did the first round of work on the Freight House in Kansas City,as well as lots of work in downtown Lee's Summit. We also do basement repair and waterproofing such as wall bracing and backfill dirt. Waterproof paint on basements and raising window wells and epoxy basement wall cracks

05/26/2015

Just so you know, I am the person who filed the complaint with the BBB and shows as "resolved" after the business supposedly made a good faith effort to resolve the issue. The first thing I must point out is that they DID NOT make a good faith effort about any of my concerns, and the BBB did not step in to mediate or weigh the merits of either side. It is a downright shame that this complaint shows resolved, when it fact it merely "went away". Now, to tell you why I filed the complaint in the first place, I must convey that these two guys - father and son, Stean and Alex - were as nice as could be when they first came to give an estimate, and present their credentials. Very affable, pleasant, etc., although they repeated a few too many times (for my confidence level, anyway) how MUCH they would like to earn my business. I even mentioned to Alex on the side afterward that they need to tone it down a bit, as it came across as "needy". Anyway, my partner on this rehab chose this company, and we finally got the roof installed in September of 2014. For what it's worth, to be fair, the workmanship of the roof itself is really good. Even the home inspector said so later. However, my complaint focused on a few things: 1. I had 2 rolls of tar paper on site which were inadvertently taken by the crew when the site was cleaned up; 2. There was no metal valley flashing installed, only overlapping shingled, despite the contract saying there would be; 3. The chimney flashing had not been replaced, repaired or even spray painted to match the roof so it was a terrible eyesore that drew attention away from the new roof immediately; 4. Only 1" drip edge had been installed around the perimeter of the roof, which is normal when a shingle roof is replaced by another single roof, but in this case it had been a tear-off of cedar shakes with new decking installed OVER the slats, making the gap between the decking and fascia much wider than normal - 2" flashing would have solved the problem of now having a gap. The biggest issue I had was that no written warranty was provided to me. I asked for this numerous times and the All Season answer was that once I sold the house and provided the new owners name, they would give it to me. In the meantime, no "draft", no "sample", nothing. I would have thought that they would have liked the opportunity to get their name in front of people who would be coming through on showings of this house, but no. When I called to raise these concerns, I was scolded, belittled, and yelled at by Stean, him telling me that having someone walk on the roof AT ALL would void the warranty and do damage to the roof. I tried explaining that the only person who had been on the roof was a guy who came by to collect the satellite dish for recycling. I called back and got Alex this time. He argued and argued, to the point my temper flared, and so I finally hung up on him. My partner called and had a much better conversation with one of them and got them to agree to send the roofing crew supervisor to come out. Chris brought the 2 rolls of tar paper, and agreed that the flashing should have been painted, so he went up there and did it. He also agreed that the wider drip edge should have been ordered, but that All Season always ordered the "standard" materials and did not deviate from that, which he thought was a little "quick and dirty". He said he would speak to Stean about how wider drip edge could be installed now that the roof was complete, but that doing so would be the right thing to do. He also acknowledged that Stean was something of a hot head whom he had had several disagreement with in the past. All Season issued me a refund of $200 for the lack of metal valley flashing. To my surprise, a couple weeks later, when I hadn't heard back from anyone, I called again and spoke to one of them and was told that Chris (supervisor) no longer worked with them. My guess is that Chris got fed up when they refused to fix the drip edge (along with undoubtedly countless other past issues) and quit. When I filed the complaint about the roof, it included the drip edge and the lack of warranty. In their two responses, all Stean did was rehash how my complaints were unreasonable, I had people traipsing all over the roof, etc. No real adult answers. So the BBB "closed" the complaint after I didn't respond a third time. The only reason I didn't respond was that I, too, would merely be restating the same things I had already said, which hadn't been addressed. I thought at the time that this is when the BBB would step in to assist with a mediated resolution. I was wrong. So now fast forward to May, 2015.The house is under contract, I know the buyers' names and we are set to close in roughly 10 days. So I send an email requesting the warranty on Thursday, April 30, with this information. Nothing. I call on Monday afternoon and speak to Alex. he says he just saw the email and was working on getting the warranty. Wednesday I call and speak to him again. He says he is still working on it and will place it in the mailbox. As of late Sunday afternoon, when I went to retrieve my last belongings from the house, there was nothing. Monday morning, May 11, I call and leave voicemail with each Stean and Alex. My realtor also calls and leaves two voicemails. Nothing. Tuesday morning, the day of closing, no one has heard from All Season, and all we get is voicemail when we call. That's when I opened what I thought was a NEW complaint with the BBB. But no. They said it was a complaint on the SAME ROOF so they closed it again!!! I called and spoke to a fellow at the BBB and said, very calmly, that all I wanted was for the new owners to get their warranty. Could he please speak to All Season and make that happen? He said he would look into it. That's the last I heard. I no longer own the house so I have no vested interest in the matter, and have no way of knowing if All Season sent anything to the new owners. I know this got lengthy, and undoubtedly Stean and/or Alex will have perfectly sound rebuttals if you were to ask about my situation when you are getting an estimate from them, but my caution to you, the potential customer is this: Can you even RISK not getting satisfaction from a purchase this expensive, which will presumably last many, many years? Can their price be so much cheaper that you think it might be worth it? Remember these things: 1. They gave me back MY OWN rolls of tar paper, not additional materials as a good will gesture; 2. They credited me $200 because they didn't perform what was in the contract, not because they were trying to appease me on other things; 3. They do not pay attention to you and your roof individually (i.e. 2" drip edge), they just go from one sale to the next once they have your commitment. Is that the kind of company you want to do business with? If you DO choose to risk dealing with these bi-polar people, I sincerely hope you get a warranty before you pay in full.

Description of Work
They were the salesmen that sold me the contract to put on a new roof on a house that I bought to rehab and resell. They subcontract the actual roof labor for the installation, and my issues are not in any way with the installers. These two guys, Stean and Alex, are a father-son duo who can go from being your best friend and congenial to angry and verbally combative in less than 60 seconds. At least Stean can. If you have to speak with anyone, speak with Alex, though he is learning from a terrible example.

01/24/2012

We were not real happy with their services. they did not clean up well and they got in another carpenter to do some work and his work was marginal.

Description of Work
New roof and gutter.

Category gutter repair

First and foremost, the homeowner wanted us to give them a estimate on the roof. We told them we could possibly get their insurance co. to try and pay if they wanted, we could help them with the process of doing so.Their gutters were falling off the house, and holes in the soffit and rake areas where squirrels have eaten holes in their house all over. The shingles were so deteriated from improper ventilation,trees, and soffit intake,plus they have large trees overhanging the roof.We met the insurance co. at their house and got them to pay for 100% for the complete roof and gutters. They originally told us they didnt have any damage!We completed our job on time and cleaned up as well as we could.They have never done any yard work around their house prior to us getting there as there was 3" of leaves all around the house,along with sticks. The carpentry work was more than satisfactory in that they only wanted partial work done,trying to match existing wood repair instead of replacing all, they didnt have the money to fix the best way just here and there and we told them it might not match when you have old wood with new! I have had the same carpenter work on my house and many others, and got nothing but great reviews and thank yous! We feel we did our job as best as we could given the circumstances and never got a thank you for helping them get the insurance co. to pay 100% for the roof and gutters. We take a great deal of pride in our work on every job we do to make sure the homeowner is satisfied.We strongly feel this was a unfair report grade they have given us.There are 2 sides to every story, Thank You

ALL TYPES OF RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL ROOFING,GUTTERS,SIDING.WE DO REMODELING OF BATHROOMS,BASEMENTS,KITCHENS, DECK REPAIR AND REBUILD,LANDSCAPING,ROCK WALLS, SNOW REMOVAL NORTH OF RIVER. WE ACCEPT VISA,MASTERCARD,AX,DISCOVER CARDS. SENIOR AND MILITARY DISCOUNTS, NOT VALID WITH INSURANCE CLAIMS.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover