Maier Tree & Lawn Service

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2010

3930 Hwy 14 E

Rochester, MN 55904

Call today for a free consultation. Our team of certified arborists provides expert tree and lawn services, trimming, removals, insect and disease prevention and more. All Maier Tree specialists are licensed, bonded and insured and committed to personalized client service and accomplishing your

03/24/2018

Randy V.

They did very well. They did a good job.

Description of Work
They did some tree pruning and tree care.

Category lawn service, tree service

Thank you, member! Always a pleasure serving you - we are honored to have the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to working for you again in the future.

10/24/2017

Laurel S.

They have always been responsive to my requests for estimates and great at getting the job done they are true experts in tree care and always do a great job and clean up after the job is done

Description of Work
I have used them many times over several years for treatment of tree health issues and pruning.

Category tree service

It is always a pleasure to serve you, we look forward to working for you again in the future! Have a great day!

10/17/2016

Cindy J.

Excellent. I highly recommend Maier's Tree Service. The following comments are what I sent to Don regarding his service. Please let your crew know what an outstanding job they do. Each were kind, genuine, helpful and to be honest, I have never worked with a more accommodating crew. You should be very proud to have them represent you. I will make sure that my comments and recommendation are posted on Angie’s List.

Description of Work
I tree pruned, one tree taken down, and rose bush removed.

10/14/2016

Antoinette S.

I didn't feel that they were helping this tree as much as they should have. And when I had the conversation couple two, three years ago the young man was not really listening carefully.

Description of Work
I use Maier Tree & Lawn for tree services. They were taking care of a tree that was not doing well, it was a young tree so they fertilized it. Then it got damaged by a deer I think and they were suggesting I replace it and then the agent really wasn't listening he was suggesting the tree that I said I had in front, so I ended up just having them fertilize it year by year.

10/10/2016

Marg C.

They are comprehensive horticulturists, land and trees. Very professional, explain things very well, and thorough.

Description of Work
Hedge trimming and shaping. Plus removal of a few plants.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

10/10/2016

Patrick M.

It was a good service. The price was reasonable and fair.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

06/24/2015

Marg C.

It was very good. It was excellent. Maier has been our tree management company here for the last 20 years.

Description of Work
They sent down some trees.

04/16/2015

Mary Beth S.

I contacted Maier to trim a honeylocust in our front yard that needed trimming. It had a fair amount of dead branches, but overall was a lovely, graceful tree with long limbs dipping down to shade the front garden and the front deck. My husband and I loved to sit on that deck on a summer evening, shaded by the tree and enjoying the evening. I was assured that the people who do the trimming know what to cut and not, and that they would only trim what was absolutely necessary, leaving the basic shape of the tree and taking out the dead branches. I was assured the tree would look good and be healthier. I came home last night to a tree that looks more like a stalk of broccoli than the shade tree I left that morning. All of the branches had been cut off at the trunk, leaving only a high canopy above. Gone is the graceful sweep of the branches, allowing for birds to perch and serenade us, Gone is the shade, both for the garden (which is full of plants specifically chosen for a shade garden!) and for the deck, which will no longer be a shaded respite on a summer evening. I was shocked and dismayed and, honestly, spent a good deal of the night crying. I hired these people because they're supposed to KNOW what to do, and how to properly do it. Frankly, I could have hired a neighborhood teenager with a chainsaw to do what they did. I'm just sick about the whole thing, and an desperately sorry that I ever called these people. They have contacted me and are going to try to make things right, but given that a 40-year old tree has been damaged to this extent, I'm not sure how that will be possible. I'm not sure if I would use them in the future. (Unfortunately, "maybe" isn't a choice.) I am impressed with their customer service, and they do seem genuinely concerned about how I feel and are working on how it might be improved. UPDATE: Maier has been very responsive and concerned about my displeasure with their job. While they can't bring my tree back, they have offered other services as an apology, which I have accepted. I'm very impressed with the customer service.

Description of Work
They trimmed a tree that needed pruning.

Category tree service

Dear Member, We do apologize for the miscommunication on the specs of the tree pruning. Your satisfaction is our ultimate desire and we plan to work hard for you to make your honeylocust tree as healthy and beautiful as possible. Please don't hesitate to call our office with any questions. Your Maier Tree & Lawn Team.

11/07/2014

Robert T.

We have used them three times now. The service was very wonderful. They are very good. They did a good job. They are good about telling you about what is going on.

Description of Work
We have only used Maier, a tree company. We have an Ash tree that needed to be treated for insects and they did that. We have used them also in the past. We have a huge tree upfront and they trimmed it.

Category tree service

Thank you member! Always a pleasure working with you!

10/26/2014

Michelle A.

First time using Maier Tree and Lawn company and so far pleased with the outcome. Purchased a plan with some organic based. Very nice and professional. Happened to be home one time when someone came out to check on how lawn was coming along. Was given mowing tips. Sometimes felt I needed to contact them for the next service when I did not hear from them when they were coming again. Sometimes emailed and response was quick or delayed/without response. Sometimes a short notice service email would be sent to me.

Description of Work
Pruned landscaping around house, applied 5 lawn applications, aerated lawn, slit seeding on two bare patches.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

Thank you member! We appreciate your business and hope to continue helping you maintain a healthy and beautiful landscape for many years to come!

10/06/2014

Lauren T.

We have used Maier three times and each time the service was excellent and professional with extreme care taken with the surrounding plants and shrubs.

Description of Work
Cut Dow three large willow trees

Category tree service

Thank you member! We enjoyed working at your property and appreciate your business. We look forward to serving you in this way for many years to come!

02/06/2014

Doralee D.

The were very good. They were a little expensive. They are professional and know what they are doing. You can trust them for any kind of greenery that needs an arborists.

Description of Work
They did whatever was needed for our trees.

Category tree service

Thank you member! We appreciate your confidence in our work and the opportunity to serve you.

01/28/2014

Kiyomi T.

They now nicely grew back so the damages were almost back to normal. The men work for this company are various levels of arborist and they do according to their experiences. That's why they may cost more but I feel that is worth it.

Description of Work
3 large arbs were trimmed after storm damage.

Category tree service

Thank you for the feedback, member! We hope to serve you again this year!

10/10/2013

Marg C.

Very professional team. Arrived for work at exact time stated. High quality service.

Description of Work
Trimmed multiple trees, some from wind damage. Major repair to large maple treee

Category tree service

We appreciate your business, member, and hope to serve you again in the future!

10/08/2013

jeanne T.

Very professional service. Crew introduced themselves, explained what they were going to do and left no mess.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees and winter fertilization of yard.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

Thank you member! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

09/29/2013

Mona A.

Steve and his crew did a wonderful job taking the trees down and cleaning up. The only thing that I was a little bothered by is I think they forgot about the stump removal or whoever they have do it, forgot about it. I was told about 2 weeks out from when they took the trees down. I called after 3 weeks going on 4 to see when it was going to be done. They were out that weekend. So it all worked out fine. They were priced extremely reasonably and Jhad who came out to do the estimate was very knowledgable and patient with all my questions. I would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Removed 5 trees, trimmed up 6 other trees. Removed stumps and seeded.

Category tree service

Thanks Member for the review! We really appreciated your patience on that stump work and look forward to working with you again the future!

09/16/2013

Marjorie S.

The men came on time and everything went as we were told it would. The guys were extremely hard workers, never even took a lunch break or any other breaks in the 6 hours they were here. They did a good job of cleaning up our yard and the neighbors after the tree was down and hauled away. Note: This was a 60+ foot tree that they removed. When I need any work done again I will definitely call them. Would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Category lawn treatment

Thank you member! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

09/05/2013

Susan W.

These folks are terrific. They came exactly on the appointed time, gave a very good estimate. We decided to wait a few weeks because we had a big family complication arise. They came when we asked, and did a splendid job. The trees are doing beautifully. We had expected we'd have to have them removed, but their lives have been saved--at a very fair cost!

Description of Work
Our arborvitae (two of them, huge) were badly damaged by the big snowstorm last spring. When it became obvious that they were not going to recover on their own, we had Maier Tree and Lawn perform magic.

Category tree service

Thank you member! We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

08/26/2013

David A.

Very nice clean job. The only reason for lower scores on responsiveness and punctuality was the service was delayed do to vacation time and a big storm which had them very busy with cleanup. Very understandable.

Description of Work
Dug out stump, filled with soil and reseeded. Removed debris.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

Thanks for understanding, [removed member name]! We look forward to serving you in the future.

07/07/2013

Dawn M.

Jay Maier and his crew are professionals who work hard, charge a fair price and do very good work. I have known him for years and they will be clearing out trees and branches again this year for me.

Description of Work
They trimmed the branches from several trees, cleared brush and hauled it away.

Category tree service

Thanks [removed member name]! It's always a pleasure doing business with you.

06/18/2013

Julie P.

. Maier Tree& Lawn were very professional and pleasant. They showed up just after 8 am and were finished before 9 am. That's cleaning up the yard and hauling away the debris. My yard looks fine. Doesn't even look like they were there. I appreciate that because , they had a large truck on my front lawn no marks left by the truck. The guys were friendly too. I will use this service again if needed.

Description of Work
Cleaned up dead branches on my Birch tree. Plus trimmed back a limb hanging over my roof.

Category tree service

Thanks Member! We look forward to working hard for you again in the future!

06/07/2013

Kathy R.

When they came for the lawn service, they explained to me about the fertilizer that I could have and he did a soil test and told me how often they would be doing the fertilization and that type of thing. He was good at explaining things and answering my questions. They gave me a detailed estimate for the tree removal. When they came for the tree removal, they noticed that there were some branches that were falling down from another tree, so they added that in the estimate and I appreciated them looking at not just what I asked them to, but noticing something else as well.

Description of Work
I have used Maier Tree & Lawn. I had them do some fertilization for me and they did a tree removal for me.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

Thanks Member! We look forward to working with you again the future!

05/28/2013

Susan O.

They did a beautiful job trimming the trees. They came on time and cleaned up after their work. They were extremely professional. I thought the price was fair.

Description of Work
They trimmed and removed trees. One of them was a huge willow tree.

05/23/2013

Jodi B.

Due to a late spring snowstorm we had suffered damage to a number of our trees and shrubs in our backyard. I called Maier and they came out fairly quickly to a**** the damage and give me an estimate. It did take them a couple weeks to get back and do the work, but considering how busy they were with multiple customers suffering from the same snowstorm damage in the area, I think it was pretty timely. I have hired them before, and will continue to use them. They came on time, were fast, courtious, and left my property in pristine condition.

Description of Work
tree pruning, shrub removal, repair to shrubs from snowstorm damage

04/17/2013

Stephen S.

The removal went very smooth they did a very good job cleaning up

Description of Work
Removed 4 Spruce trees next to the house and trimmed 1 Maple tree

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Annual Tree Care Maintenance, Tree Removal, Tree Trimming, Shrub Pruning, Cabling & Bracing, Tree Planting, Tree Fertilization, Insect and Disease Management, Lawn fertilization and renovation, Overseeding and Aeration, Grub and Pest Control.

Residential Snow Removal, and Residential Mowing