TWIN CITY VACUUM

Founded 1956 • With Angi since January 2002

5415 WEST BROADWAY

Minneapolis, MN 55428

Family owned and operated since 1956. We offer both new and used vacuum cleaners as well as central vacuum systems. We service all makes and models....

08/30/2019

Lois P.

They were fine. I go to them if I have a problem and they did a good work.

Description of Work
The repaired a vacuum cleaner and sale vacuum cleaner.

08/17/2018

Lois P.

They quickly diagnosed the problem (a worn belt), made the repairs and a few days later when I picked it up the price was way lower than I expected. It's been working fine since then. I really like these folks! They were very helpful the last time I purchased a machine as well.

Description of Work
Repair my vacuum cleaner

02/19/2017

ROBERT H.

I've had vacuum cleaners serviced there several times over past few years. Work has always been done in a few days (as promised) and cost is reasonable. I trust them to properly diagnose and to recommend whether to fix or not.

Description of Work
Vacuum cleaner repair

07/21/2015

Barbara F.

Description of Work
They helped me with a replacement part on my Sears Kenmore vacuum. They ordered the new part and installed it. Saved me from having to ship my vacuum to an out of state Sears repair place. Very helpful. They went online, found the very best replacement part and installed it. My bill covered the part plus a nominal service fee.

03/04/2014

Mark E.

It went Great. both machines were done on time and work Great. and isn't that what it's all about.

Description of Work
I brought in 2 different vac's. a Sharp and a Hoover. He got both working perfectly, and they had totally different issues.

12/08/2012

Kevin C.

Overall very happy and plan to use them again in the future. Vacuum is working great!

Description of Work
I brought in 2 rainbow vacuums for repair. They provided estimates for both. We decided to only have a tune up on one. Cost for the work and parts was very reasonable.

11/18/2011

ARNOLD R H.

I brought in a 25 year old "private labeled" central vacuum which was running at half power for repair. Jeff called a few days later to tell me one of the two motors no longer worked...therefore half power...it also needed two new gaskets, along with two new foam filters. There were no replacement parts available but he could install a motor and "make" some gaskets but I would have cost half the price of a new system. I requested a price on a replacement...Beam 325. I did a internet research as well as contacting several other dealers and his price of $584.95 for the vacuum with a $69.95 install was a good price. Monday I ordered the Beam 325 from Jeff by phone, it would be installed on Wednesday. They came and installed it on Wednesday and did a very neat job. I am extremely pleased with the new vacuum. It is so much quieter and much more powerful than the old one and half the physical size. I noticed the negative comments from another customer...when I called on the phone or was there in person...there was always another phone line ringing. They are extremely busy...leaving little time for idle "chit chat".

Description of Work
Brought a vacuum for repair, got the price to repair and choose to replace it with a new vacuum.

03/10/2011

Mike L.

Their work is OK, but high priced. Their professionalism and courtesy do not exist. Went to pick up the completed vacuum cleaner at 5:25 PM and the place was closed, even though their stated hours are until 6:00 PM. When I called the next day to question why they couldn't even put a sign in the door, the guy hung up on me. That's no way to treat a customer who is paying for their higher proced repair costs. Find another place for your repairs or parts purchases, these guys don't deserve your hard earned dollar.

Description of Work
Repair a vacuum cleaner that wasn't sucking well.

02/19/2009

Colleen S.

Excellent-superior service, prompt delivery, and true professionalism.

Description of Work
Every year, I wait for the Twin City Vacuum coupon to come out in the newspapers-and then I use it to service all 3 of my vacuums at the same time. They are excellent!! I have had one vacuum for 19 years, and they keep it in tip-top shape. If a belt needs to be replaced or other work done, they always call me first and give me an estimate. They are also absolutely honest in telling me when something is not worth fixing or is...

10/29/2008

DAN J.

I took my vacuum in to find out what was wrong with it. The power would cut in and out while I was vacuuming. He called me the next day with an explanation of the work and an estimate of time and cost. A part needed to ordered. The vacuum was ready when he said it would be.

Description of Work
Repaired a faulty connection, cord, and roller on a Kirby.

01/01/2007

AARON S.

Sales person was very helpful over the phone. In person was courteous and was patient while I asked several questions. We have a Hoover central vacuum now that isn't cleaning very well. Jeff (I think that was his name), explained that the Beam (they are resold as Electrolux as well) is a much better power head. I was skeptical, but our experience confirms, the Beam is far superior to the Hoover we previously owned.

Description of Work
Sold us a new Beam power head and accessory kit for our central vacuum system.

10/09/2006

LAURIE C.

I was pleased with their service. Polite and they had the work done in about 4 days. I was in no real hurry so this worked out just fine. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced belt and did a tune up.

3 MONTHS ON LABOR