Mill City Concrete Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2009

3338 Xerxes Ave N

Minneapolis, MN 55412

I started my concrete and masonry career in 1998 working with a local Minneapolis concrete contractor. This was where I recognized my passion for the concrete and masonry trade. I started Mill City Concrete and Masonry Inc. in 2006 and since then we have become a leader in the concrete and masonry industry. Serving the twin cities metro area, we specialize in concrete driveways, steps, sidewalks, patios and masonry stone and brick inlays. I'm on every job site and do not sub out any projects from start to finish. I bring my knowledge, passion and drive for perfection to every project large or small. When you decide to employ Mill City Concrete and Masonry Inc. you are making a decision to hire and support a local business with it's roots in the Minneapolis community. We use only the best materials and techniques on all of our projects. My team and I are true artisans in the concrete and masonry craft. Tim Fountinelle...

10/16/2020

Steve P.

I would not recommend this contractor. The sealer was applied unevenly and pooled and discolored in numerous places. When I asked him about it at the time he said it would take about 3 months to fade so not to be concerned. A year later the sealer is still very discolored and looks terrible. He did come out to take a look at it and tried to remove it in one spot, to no avail. He then told me there's nothing that can be done and said "Your being unreasonable" in my expectations. I spoke to another concrete company who said there were several things that could be tried but Tim is no longer returning my calls or texts.

Description of Work
Front stairs and garage floor.

Category concrete driveways

05/07/2020

KENNETH W.

We are so pleased with the work Mill City Concrete did at our home. Tim came up with great ideas and design. He and Kris were a pleasure to work with as we got ready for the project. Good communication always happened so we knew what was going on both before and throughout the project. The team that did the installation was lead by Jon and he and all of the workers were easy to speak with if we had questions. They were also easy to deal with if they had questions for us. They explained the process and options clearly so we knew what was happening. Work progressed daily and the job got done in the time Tim had projected. It looks wonderful and we have gotten numerous complements from neighbors and strangers alike. We would definitely have Mill City back if we need additional concrete work done on our property. We highly recommend them and thank them for a job well done.

Description of Work
New front steps and walkways in the front of our home.

08/14/2018

Megan P.

Tim and his crew were excellent. They were very honest, on time, and worked efficiently. They did excellent work! We are very happy with the job they did.

Description of Work
Replaced our driveway, porch, and steps.

05/04/2018

Puja S.

I worked with Tim at Mill City and he was fantastic to work with. Was professional, understood our esthetic and also provided great design ideas. They were great to work with out budget as well. He wasn't the lowest on the estimate but when I looked into the estimate his was more through in terms of thinking about long term stability of the concrete planters etc. I would for sure work with him again. He hadn't pulled the city permit, so the city did leave a note for us, but it was resolved in a timely manner. And he was very responsive.

Description of Work
driveway, stairs, large planters and hardscaping

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,hardscaping

11/24/2017

Pat C.

The project went very well and was accomplished in about a week. Tim managed to fit my project into a tight schedule. I'm very happy with the results and have had many compliments from neighbors and relatives on the project. I'd certainly hire these guys again if I had any more concrete work to be done.

Description of Work
New concrete front porch steps with iron railings. About 130 feet of walkway and steps around the house and out to the garage. New concrete apron to the garage, with a short retaining wall along the side. Installed a bollard at one of the garage corners. Included all necessary excavation and debris removal.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways

10/11/2017

Margaret R.

The initial work went well, however the concrete cracked within months of being poured. The owner (Tim) came out to inspect and agreed that the stairs needed to be replaced. He said it was going to be a bit before he could get to it and I just asked that he would email me with a statement confirming that he would replace the stairs, which he did. However, after that he continued to stall on replacing the stairs and then eventually would not return my calls or emails. He has not honored the agreement to replace the concrete which now has continued to crumble. I am very frustrated and disappointed.

Description of Work
Mill City Concrete repaired cement stairway at front of my house.

08/29/2017

Craig M.

During the process of getting estimates I contacted Mill City. Got my estimate and then made a few revisions as I thought about the project. Emailed them to get a revised estimate. After several days of no reply I called. Spoke with the estimator and he said he'd get it revised. A week goes by and nothing. So I email again. Still nothing. So I leave a voicemail. Still nothing. I couldn't wait any longer so I went with someone else. I can't speak to the quality of their work, but their communication is terrible. Or they just don't think $7000 is a big enough job to care about.

Description of Work
Steps and 2 sidewalks

08/24/2017

David F.

Awesome work by Tim and his team on our front steps and sidewalk. They used existing stone on the original steps to incorporate with a design that matches the house perfectly. The new steps look like they were original to the house which is exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend and hire again in a heart beat!

Description of Work
Front steps replaced along with sidewalk to the street.

Category concrete repair,masonry

08/14/2017

Julie K.

Tim was very fast with the estimates and I knew that you have to sign a contract quickly in the late winter/ early spring to get on the spring/summer schedule. Tim was very informative and so wonderful with my questions. All the employees were respectful and did wonderful work. All the neighbors were impressed and happy with the work. The nature of the work doesn't often lend to a lot of notice about scheduling though, weather, temperatures, etc. I wanted the best possible results so I understood the flexibility needed. Thank you!

Description of Work
We needed apron work completed on driveways at our townhouses. I also needed my garage floor torn out and replaced as it was sinking.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways

07/20/2017

Edward W.

Tim was very helpful and friendly. Very good about communicating work schedule. Was done on time for price quoted. Will hire again if needed.

Description of Work
New front sidewalk and steps.

Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer & Water Inc

Additional contact name - Mark Koyhtya. Super Service Award Winner for 2015.

Metro Chimney & Masonry

Joe Olson, owner of Metro Chimney & Masonry, Inc., has been established in the Twin Cities area since 1987. He has been established in the masonry repair and restoration business statewide since 1982. Metro Chimney is a Minnesota owned and state licensed company meeting all insurance requirements by Minnesota law. With his staff of trained professionals, there is a combined experience chart of over one hundred years. Over the years we have enjoyed the opportunity to work with thousands of homeowners, builders, and property owners to restore and replicate their deteriorating masonry structures. From chimneys to church steeples to backyard enhancement we do it all. "No job too big or small!" Our success, with a continued support of homeowners such as yourself, has been established on foundational principles of prompt and courteous response, impeccable onsite mannerism, high quality conscientious craftsmanship, culminating with detailed clean up, all at a competitive and affordable cost. This combined effort has earned us a reputation as being one of the premier restoration companies in the Twin Cities. This has been and can be confirmed by highly recognized consumer services such as the Better Business Bureau and Angie's List. In addition, we have dozens of recommendation letters and referrals that we have received over the years. Our goal is to maintain our leadership in the restoration industry through the continued support of satisfied customers like you. We invite you to experience the difference of working with a company that delivers true craftsmanship with high regard to detail on every one of our projects. We take pride in your project and the end result will prove it. Our mission in the community is to maintain a reputation of integrity. To be established as a service provider that produces in every way at the highest levels, one who can be trusted by all. We are challenged in knowing that our continued growth will be determined by our commitment to promoting this exciting industry through educating the consumer and exceeding the highest quality of standards possible. We look forward to adding your project to our portfolio!

EZ Home Solutions

Here at EZ Home Solutions, we have over 16 years of experience delivering quality and excellence as a general contractor. We specialize in the replacements, and renovations of residential exteriors such as roofing, siding, and windows. In addition to our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, our company is a five-star rated business known for its dedication to superior service and customer satisfaction. From consumer protection and training excellence, to city heritage preservation awards — we are an award-winning company with numerous Top 200 national accolades under our belt. We believe in selfless service and building lasting relationships with our customers. This means that when you work with us, we treat your home as if it were our own. You can trust that we'll never cut corners and always advocate for materials and practices with your family's safety in mind. To back our claims, we warranty our work for a lifetime. Rest "EZ" knowing that your home is in our hands. MN LIC. #BC657434 | WI LIC. #DC-060900059

Offers by EZ Home Solutions on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Residential Concrete Work, Custom Finish Options, Inlay Brick, Paver & Stone, Concrete Cleaning & Pressure Washing, Concrete Surface & Crack Sealing, Demolition &Debris Removal, Installation & Excavation - Steps, Walkways, Driveways, Garage Slabs & Patios