Kaufman Sheet Metal & Roofing Inc

Founded 1930 • With Angi since June 2001

Kaufman Roofing has been in business since 1930, working in the Twin Cities and surrounding neighborhood. With the peculiar nuances affecting roofs in the Twin Cities; varying roof types (slate, tile, wood shakes, metal, & flat), harsh weather conditions, and seasonal extremes, our experience is

roofing (180)gutter repair (35)roof snow removal (26)siding companies (6)metal fabrication (1)window replacement (1)

03/04/2021

Catherine K.

We could not be happier with our new Brava (composite) cedar shake roof and its installation by Kaufman Roofing. Everyone we worked with at the company -- from the estimator to the project manager to the owners to the roofers themselves -- was extremely friendly, accommodating and professional. And the work itself was outstanding. Our roof was the first of its type that Kaufman installed in the area and they took extra care to get everything just right. The end result is beautiful; we love it! Kaufman was among the higher estimates we received, but you get what you pay for and, in this instance, it was worth it. Not only will our roof last for 50 years, our homeowners insurance decreased significantly since the composite shake roof poses less of a fire hazard and is unlikely to incur damage during storms. We've had our new roof for two years now and have absolutely no leaking, no snow accumulation and no shake deterioration. We highly recommend all of the Kaufman staff and the exceptional work that they do.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

01/25/2021

Jessie R.

After dealing with ice dams on our previous home, we did some research and decided that we would like to invest in a metal roof when we moved into our new home. We moved this summer and knew at our inspection that the house had previous ice dam damage and a very old asphalt roof. We got three quotes, and Kaufman was in line with the other companies, however a tad more expensive. We went with Kaufman due to the excellent reviews and were not disappointed. The crew that installed the roof was incredible. They were extremely proficient and hard-working. The time they spent detailing out each and every cut was extremely evident, and the end result looks incredible. Gutters came a few weeks later, and that crew also did a wonderful job. When it comes to metal roofing, the process was a bit murky for us as it's not super common and not something we've dealt with before. A couple things we learned to keep in mind: 1. Be very detailed in reading each line of your estimate. There were a couple errors on ours that were easily corrected, but definitely something you want to feel secure about before signing the dotted line. 2. Take care in selecting the metal color for your roof, and do some extra digging. There was a lot of self-driven discovery on the metal fabricators website, and the web preview isn't 100% accurate to the color we see in real life. We're only a few months in, but we are very pleased with this roof and our gutters. It's definitely an investment, but our hope is that this is our roof for life. It looks great, and more importantly, it seems to be a sound and secure product. We would definitely recommend Kaufman, without hesitation.

Description of Work
Remove asphalt single roof and replace with metal roof. Remove and replace all gutters.

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

08/17/2020

Mary Jane S.

Kaufman did a great job replacing my old shingled roof and a flat rubber roof that was over 30 years old. Possible costs were clearly detailed in my estimate. I was notified by email when crews were coming, and crews worked hard and quickly. Clean-up was good too. When I was picking shingles my instinct was to stick with the tried and true dark gray but the salesman urged me to check another option that was a little jazzier, if such a thing is possible with shingles. I chose those and I have to say it has enhanced the appearance of the house. So I appreciate being pushed a little out of my comfort zone! Gutters came a month after the roof was done but this is a busy summer and the job was not an emergency. When the crew came, they were pleasant and worked fast. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Roof replacement on house and porch, and new gutters

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

02/26/2020

William S.

The job went very well from initial meeting with Sales rep, material drop off, removal of old roof, install of new, clean up and follow up on a minor issue. New roof looks great. Price was one of the lower ones and the range from the five roofers we talked to varied a great deal.

Description of Work
Had old roof removed and a new roof installed.

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

08/27/2019

colleen L.

They worked from sunup till sundown doing the tear off and roofing . They did an amazing job of cleanup too.

Description of Work
New roof on house and garage

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

06/06/2019

ERIK N.

Went great! They added to flashing to a problem area on our roof and stopped a leak that had been troublesome for a long time. Would hire again.

Description of Work
roof flashing repair

Work Completed On 05/27/2019

03/23/2019

NANCY N.

Kaufman is excellent in the work they do and how they keep you informed. I worked with Scott Wehrmeyer for an estimate and he was professional, intelligent and kind. Kept me informed throughout the work. I had two jobs done by Kaufman one in Dec. of 2018 and one in March of 2019.

Description of Work
Two jobs - fix small flat roof and repair entry way. Replace flat roof membrane on larger deck.

Category gutter repair, roofing, metal restoration

Work Completed On 03/23/2019

03/29/2018

JOHN AND BARBARA R.

I asked for bids from five different suppliers. Only three responded. Only two gave a firm bid. Kaufman's was much lower than one of the tohers. But the reason I liked them is (a) they responded to my request the next day; (b) they came out and looked at the job and provided a bid within two days; (c) they scheduled the date for their work; (e) they arrived when they said they would; (f) they did the job well and efficiently. What's not to love?

Description of Work
Replace flat porch roof

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

08/22/2017

Kenneth B P.

Started when they said they would and finished on time. Would hire again.

Description of Work
New roof on house.

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

08/09/2017

Joseph D.

Excellent. Very hard workers. Professional. Quick

Description of Work
Replace roof

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

07/27/2017

Mary W.

The estimating and scheduling went well; Kaufman personnel were on time and prompt. The crew worked hard and did a good job on the tear off and shingling, but I had some issues with the metal work which I didn't expect since Kaufman does metal work. The work was poor quality and needed to be replaced. To Kaufman's credit, they did send a metal worker out who redid the metal work.

Description of Work
Tear off and re roofing of house.

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

07/11/2017

Nicolas W.

If only I had a time machine to go back and fix the mistake of hiring Kaufman... If you're looking for sloppy workmanship, poor work ethic, crooked shingle lines, and unskilled foreign laborers, then Kaufman is the company for you. I had to single handedly point out over a dozen mistakes to Kaufmann over several days to end up with a roof that, unfortunately, looked worked worse then the one torn off. After several conversations with their onsite foreman, project manager, and owner, I lost confidence in Kaufman to do any more work for me. If you're considering to have Kaufman do your roof, I urge you to look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Entire roof

Work Completed On 08/16/2013

Review for Kaufman Sheet Metal & Roofing Inc - 2521 24th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN - 35499104

06/25/2017

Genevieve W.

Excelent. Corey called me and they were able to come out quicker then originally planned, which is nice when you've got a bad roof

Description of Work
Needed a flat roof to be completely torn off and re roofed. Small, 8 x 16

Work Completed On 10/25/2015

05/02/2017

Jenny M.

The entire process was very smooth. They explained all of our options to us and were quick to respond to our questions. Project day went exactly as expected and we now have a great looking roof!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 04/28/2017

04/24/2017

Tim S.

Installers were great. Chad, the project manager was fantastic. We had a unique situation where a normal replacement of shingles would have cause an aesthetic issue. Chad came to us with a fantastic solution and his installation team executed. Local company that treats you well.

Description of Work
Replaced 38 year old roof

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

04/18/2017

Jeff O.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Kaufman Roofing. They are a quality organization and I would not go elsewhere, even for less money.

Description of Work
New Roof, both angled roofing plus flat roof section

Work Completed On 10/15/2014

08/22/2016

Gayle B.

Very responsive and very patient (this was an insurance claim project). Handled bidding and job efficiently. When there were a couple of smaller snafus, Kaufman fixed them promptly and was never snarky about it. Kept me well apprised of scheduling, etc. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
New roof on garage and house, new gutters and downspouts, some window trim and screens.

Work Completed On 06/22/2016

08/08/2016

Darrell and Joanne S.

It went great. The project was the largest renovation on the house in many years. It involved multiple items and took a lot of planning and coordination. Kaufman Roofing was on top of the job the whole time. This includes The field crew, office people, owners involved. We have used them for many years. No one but Kaufman Roofing touches that tile roof. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Large custom built in gutter and downspout replacement on historic home with tile roof. Chimney girdle replacement. Vent replacement. Large sections of tile relaid with new ice and water, deck armor installed.

Work Completed On 07/01/2016

05/10/2016

DAVID G.

Customer service was top-notch throughout the process. Corey quickly answered all my initial questions and kept me in the loop as the work progressed. Scott gave me some great advice that helped me prep for the work and ultimately saved me some money. Many companies claim to know how to install a metal roof. But most residential roofing companies sub out their metal work. Kaufman's metal guys are not subs. I did a lot of research before hiring Kaufman. Word-of-mouth recommendations and positive online reviews convinced me to hire them for the work. Aaron came out and tarped my roof, to stave off damage from leaks, the same day I hired Kaufman. Very confidence inspiring. My project didn't start until November, and it was interrupted by snow. But the metal guys, Aaron and Tony, kept the project moving along despite the oppressive weather. I am pleased with the final product, and I won't hesitate to hire Kaufman again.

Description of Work
Kaufman tore the shingles off my garage roof, re-sheeted the garage, and installed a standing-seam metal roof.

Work Completed On 12/09/2015

11/02/2015

Dan C.

Everyone was very professional. I was communicated with all the time

Description of Work
I had Kaufman replace my house roof in 2012. I was now time for my garage and shed roof and to replace all the gutters. I called them for this service. Everything was great.

Work Completed On 10/23/2015

10/13/2015

John F.

It was over a month from the initial agreement for services until the actual work was done. However, it wasn't an emergency. I was just surprised by how long it took them to get around to my house. The installers were professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Repaired a few roof shingles and replaced two bathroom vent covers on the roof.

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

09/11/2015

MARY JO B.

I have been in my home for 30 years and it was time to update many things. I had a wonderful experience from start to finish. This company is all about quality workmanship and excellent communication. Office girls Cory and Christine kept me updated on when workers would be at my home. Shawn the estimator was very thorough explaining the products that would be used. Brian the supervisor oversaw the workers and was eager to answer any questions. And Tony working with Will handled all the customizing work. In a 1952 home there was a lot of it to do from grinding out the old windows and fitting in the new to altering a door and railing so it would fit back on after a rubber roof was installed. Tony seemed to like problem solving and always came up with a good solution. So this company gets and A+ in my book!

Description of Work
new asphalt roof new rubber membrane roof basement windows replaced new aluminum door installed gutters and helmet shield

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

09/04/2015

MARY V.

We used Kaufman Roofing to replace our roof after a recent hailstorm. Everyone we had contact with handled their job very professionally from the office staff to the roofers. The job was done very well, was cleaned up afterward, and it all was done in the time frame we were quoted. It was a pleasure doing business with them, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replaced our roof..

Work Completed On 09/01/2015