LAKE ELMO REPAIR

Founded 1980 • With Angi since January 2008

11179 STILLWATER BLVD N

Lake Elmo, MN 55042

Lake Elmo Repair has been serving the community for more than 30 years. Four years ago, Mike Olson took over the business. In addition to honest and quality auto repair service, Lake Elmo Repair actively works to help the community through the use of the shop for Car Care Ministries and the use of recycled oil for heating the shop. We have experienced considerable growth in the last four years because of our great customers....

11/08/2017

Diane M.

everything seems to be running fine. Completed on time, very reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Replaced O2 sensor

05/16/2017

Kyle L.

Mike and his team at LER go above and beyond when it comes to the personal touch. I have LER take care of ALL my personal automotive needs and my companies 6 truck fleet. These are guys you can always trust!!

Description of Work
ALL auto maintenance and repair to my personal and company truck fleet.

05/15/2017

Michelle P.

The work was done in a timely manner, we were kept informed.

Description of Work
Fuel tank replacement

04/20/2017

Kent S.

Been using Lake Elmo repair for many of our cars over many years. They are the "go to" place for our family.

Description of Work
Transmission Service

12/12/2016

Diane H.

Our car is 1998 with fairly low mileage so we appreciate a garage that appreciates a balance of cost and maintenance with consideration of an older, not-fancy car. I appreciate the straight forward approach by Lake Elmo Repair. They explored other low cost options with the axle that worked well for us and their diagnosis of the coolant leak was only a hose. Their service was quick and friendly. And they offer coupons on their website for a deduction in the cost of repairs. We have been looking for a new auto repair place since the owner of our former repair place retired. I think we have found a new place that we can trust with Lake Elmo Repair.

Description of Work
Coolant leak diagnosis, replace axle and serpentine belt, check of coil spring and suspension.

10/24/2016

Barbara S.

My truck is driving much, much better. I am convinced the money was well spent and that I will be able to keep the truck. Lance was friendly, helpful, and professional and took the time to explain the repair.

Description of Work
I needed a second opinion on the condition of my Ford Explorer's transmission. The problem was diagnosed and fixed, where a previous shop had told me the whole transmission would need to be replaced. They also fixed a wheel bearing.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

02/26/2016

valerie H.

I have been using them for a few years now, what sold me was a few years back I was driving 97 Volvo a replacement part for tail light was going to cost like 600-700 $$ when I asked Mike if he could "Jerry rig it" he said YES. He charged me almost nothing. I gave the car away to relative tail light still working. They all could not be nicer, without trying and when you call them..they answer the PHONE ! No telephone tag. Hard working men.

Description of Work
Replaced strap that holds spare tire under car.

Category auto repair,car tires

03/28/2015

Jeffrey T.

Called because our SUV wouldn't start and was able to get it towed in same-day. They diagnosed the issue to be old and fouled plugs. Made sure that was all that was wrong. Replaced with and excellent set of platinum plugs that have it running the best ever since new. What a difference. Very fair on price for the work done and extremely honest. A vague non-starting issue leaves a lot of room for less honest shops to charge for a lot of unnecessary work. These guys did only what was necessary, very quickly, very well, and at a very fair price. I just found my local go-to repair shop when needed!

Description of Work
Diagnosed non-start issue and replaced plugs

01/24/2015

ALBERT W.

It went very well. The staff is very knowledgable. We were happy with the work and the price. Their locations is great for us. They are pretty staight forward.

Description of Work
They installed an alternator for us.

01/17/2015

June L.

We've been using Lake Elmo Auto Repair since moving here 3 years ago based on recommendations from my coworkers. We bring our cars in for all maintenance and repairs. They do excellent work. We've never had a problem with any of their repairs. They are punctual, professional and always honest. Their prices are fair. Wonderful people to deal with. You always feel that you're car is in good hands. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Everything from Oil changes to car repairs

Bonded Transmission

The most reliable St Paul Transmission Repair Service with 33 years in the same location. Our family owned business has over 100 years combined experience and we look forward to servicing your automotive needs.

Am-Pm Automotive Repair

For over 25 years we have been servicing vehicles in the White Bear Lake area and surrounding communities. Started by Greg Martz, we're still a family owned business focusing on you as our customer. As an AC Delco tech center, you can be 100% confident that only the highest quality auto parts will be used on your automobile. While many of our competitors cut prices by cutting quality, we guarantee that all of the replacement parts that we use meet the O.E.M. specifications (original equipment specifications). We do it all, from minor repairs to complete overhauls! We distinguish ourselves from any competition by our exceptional auto repair and customer service!

Randy's Electric

You deserve a safe and reliable home. Get the job done right the first time with outstanding customer service from the Twin Cities top rated electrician. Outlets, fans, lighting, smoke detectors, switches, and service panels. Your full service electrician.

Offers by Randy's Electric on Angi
    Auto Transportation
    Auto Inspections
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    10.00

Safety Inspections • Diagnostics of Electrical Systems • Alternators • Starters • Charging Systems • A/C & Heating Systems • Radiators • Belts • Tune-Ups • Brakes • Tires • Battery Installation • Wheel Alignments/Steering • Exhaust Work • Oil Changes

Auto Body & Collision Work