Able Restoration Group Inc

Founded 2008 ā€¢ With Angi since October 2011

5739 Long Brake Cir

Edina, MN 55439

Additional email - steve@ablerestorationgroup.com.

08/12/2015

Elaine M.

Description of Work
Our neighbor showed us a wasp nest under the eave. They came in less than a day, were polite, explained a lot and relieved us all!

06/18/2014

Diana O.

Description of Work
Replace storm-damaged roofing. I'm not sure of the total cost. The price is an estimate.

06/16/2014

Rick and Deanna B.

It was okay but I wouldn't give them an "A". I think they did a pretty good job.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof.

05/07/2014

patty T.

04/26/2014

Diane S.

The crew that installed the roof was professional and timely. They did an amazing job and even finished on the morning of a holiday. They were sweeping our front sidewalk as guests arrived.

Description of Work
Installed new roof on our home, due to hail damage. This was an insurance claim, so we incurred no costs for the project.

04/24/2014

Lindsay R.

We were impressed with the initial consultations. Price and product were competitive with others but we went with Able due to the salesman. He told us it would be 6 weeks to get the windows ordered and installed, but since it was such a big job they'd put a rush on it. After 7 weeks I had to start calling our salesman at Able. I struggled to get a call back and when I did talk to our salesman just got that he'd check into it. The windows should have been installed in mid-July 2013, they didn't get installed until early Sept 2013. When they finally did contact us to tell us the windows were in they also told me that they had to get them stained. I questioned this considering they were vinyl windows with painted white trim. After I got that confusion straightened out with the installers they came to install the windows and the installers didn't know that the window openings had to be expanded. They were able to complete the install in 2 days as promised and did come back a third day so we could paint all the trim before they hung it. They did a terrible job cleaning up. I had to scrape the spray foam off the glass with a razor blade. I had to take out all the screens and pull off the stickers that were left on the outside. They left dirty hand prints all over my walls. They dragged the windows across our epoxied garage floor, which ruined it. I did call them back to clean the outside of the windows that I was not able to reach. We also had 2 screens that were damaged and it took me 6 months to get them to repair them, which they promised to do when we gave them the final payment. They also didn't order one of the windows to be tempered glass, which was caught by the installers. That took 6 months to get a replacement for as well. Phone calls were unanswered, emails were unanswered. When I finally contacted the company's main email they had the company who was subcontracted to put the windows in deal with us. I'm just glad that I'm done with them and that the windows are in and seem to be of good quality.

Description of Work
Purchased and installed 20 windows. 5 of the openings had to be expanded approximately 6 inches for the install.

Category screen repair, replacement windows

04/23/2014

Jim B.

Able Restoration Group did not perform the work to my satisfaction. In fact the experience was a total disaster and as of today 4/23/2014 our nightmare is still not over. All the communications up until today were initiated by me the home owner (No updates ever given by Able Restoration Group). On 8/7/2013, 41 windows were supposed to be ordered for replacement. The order we found out on 11/13/2013 was not submitted until 9/25/2013. After multiple requests for updates on status the windows were delivered and were to be installed on 11/19/2013. The installers did not notify me of any issues until I started inspecting the installed windows. There I found damage to the windows, poor quality in staining, and missing windows. In all 16 windows were missing or damaged or stained incorrectly. Of course no one from Able called to see what issues arose. On 1/11/2014 while waiting for word on the rest of the windows, one night during a snow storm we saw snow blowing in through some replaced windows. We saw large gaps in the new windows. We contacted Able again and after many email exchanges they sent out a Window rep and some Able reps and installers. The adjustments they made caused even a worse issue. The locking hardware could not handle the tight adjustments and the locks broke (Not warrantied by the manufacturer.) As of 4/23/2014 we are waiting for this issue to get handled. Now back to waiting on word when the remaining 16 windows would be installed. On 2/2/2014 the windows arrived. This time I inspected the windows. One window had broken glass (That's right!!! They still delivered it) Of the 16 windows 8 windows were rejected. The missing window was still missing. On 2/19/2014 the windows arrived again. This time 4 windows were rejected. Now remember when I said no body from Able contacted us? Even after a very heated e-mail I still had to keep contacting Able for updates. On 4/7/2014 the final 4 windows arrived and I rejected 2 of them. Oh by the way this upset the Able guy. At this point I contacted the Owner Greg Stein. After a few e-mail exchanges I realized the source of the bad service. On 4/17/2014 I contacted the Department of Industry and Labor. Today I submitted a formal complaint against Able Restoration Group. That will get their attention. I also found out that 2 other complaints have been filed with the Department of Industry and Labor against Able Restoration Group.

Description of Work
Supposed to replace roof and 41 windows under insurance claim.

11/06/2013

John & Diane S.

Work went OK and was completed in 1 1/2 days. They charged us $33.37 for taking down and putting up the Dish on the roof. That they did. They also charged $93.18 for alignment and calabration of the dish. This they did not do. My son had to climb up on the roof to realign and calabrate the dish in order to get reception. Not happy about paying for something I didn't get. When I called I was told they lose money on that service anyway. I don't feel like he listened to me at all.

Description of Work
Replace total roof due to hail damage.

08/22/2013

MARK H.

I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Complete re-shingling of my home.

08/21/2013

Scott M.

They work turned out very good! Scott was my contact with the company. He was very good to work with and took care of everything. They are really good, responsive, and did what they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
They replaced about 14 windows for us.

08/21/2013

Ken M.

The work turned out very good! What most stood out about the company was the ease of the whole process of going through the estimate and insurance process very seamlessly.

Description of Work
I hired them for the replacement of over ten windows.

08/20/2013

Terrence S.

bbbbb

Description of Work
Hail damage to our home. They haven't done it yet but helped us get it approved by the insurance company.

02/27/2013

Sheri L.

Overall terrible. Still trying to get things corrected 4mth later.

Description of Work
Roofing and siding. Workers did shabby work, ruined all my plants, didnt clean up. Alot of problems that still exist! They billed for work and supplies not done or used. Roof leaks, siding crooked. Dept of Labor now investigating. Fraudulent billing.

Category roofing, siding

Upon receiving post production issues from the homeowner, inspections were conducted to address concerns. Inspection of the installation of the roof revealed that the brick work of the chimney had deteriorated overtime time to the point where water was entering the home. This issue is completely unrelated to the roof installation which Able Restoration Group Inc was hired to install. The homeowner was made aware of the situation with their chimney and provided with options to remedy the issue at hand. The installation of the roof and siding has passed the stringent standards of the city of Richfield which recognizes or exceeds International Residential Building Codes (IRC) and all inspections have been approved and permits closed. In turn GAF has issued a 50 year warranty for this install. We stand behind all of our work with guaranteed craftsmanship warranties and an honest simple straight forward approach to resolving all complaints and issues. Able Restoration Group Inc. has NO complaints with the BBB and we are proud recipients of the GAF Master Elite Installer certification. This has been achieved by less than 2% of contractors nationwide. Able Restoration Group Inc is proud to have completed over 2300 restorations of homes throughout the Twin cities.

02/26/2013

DOUGLAS A.

They came over to look at our roof and give us an estimate. They felt very confident we'd qualify for a full replacement through insurance. They did almost all of the leg work with our agency and were able to get approval for a full replacement with little haggling. They came on time and did the work quickly despite a big thunderstorm that caused a 1 day delay. Great service.

Description of Work
They helped us negotiate with our insurance company and delivered an excellent product in a short time frame. They were very professional and easy to work. Very good communication.

01/29/2013

Andrew Y.

We were happy with Sergie's prompt arrival for our first meeting and follow up phone calls. We felt there was miscommunication between Sergie, his crew, and the subcontractors. We were told the roof would be replaced 2 weeks earlier than it was. It was challenging because our house was sold contingent on the roof replacement and the date got pushed up to two days before close. They were unable to repair the other storm damage because of the close date (staining, screen replacement). The roofing crew did a quick, efficient job. They did an impeccable job picking up nails. We only found 1! The roof looked great and the new owners appreciate the guarantee! We were very frustrated with the crew over two items: they told the driver of the garbage dumpster to put it in a different place than we agreed on with Sergie ahead of time. This created a lot of confusion and difficulty. If the dumpster needed to be in a certain place, then I don't think I should be asked where I want it and then not be listened to - tell me where it needs to go in the first place. The second item was the crew's personal garbage - their coffee cups and food bags were in my flower beds and plants within 10 minutes of arrival. I offered them a garbage and they said they didn't need one to which I replied that my flowers were not a garbage can and they had better find someplace else. When I called Sergie about the dumpster and garbage issues, I do not feel like he listened to me or my concerns. In the end, we got a great roof 48 hours before we closed on the sale of our house. The new owners are happy and we were relieved to only pay our deductible due to Sergie's incredible attention to detail in finding damaged shingles.

Description of Work
Able Restoration replaced our roof due to faulty shingles.

12/26/2012

David J.

Timely, cleaned up well. Sales pitch was a bit hard but they did a good job.

Description of Work
Hail damaged roof replaced

12/12/2012

Mary J.

Dustin stopped by our house one night in Aug. to see if we wanted him to inspect our roof. We said sure. While he was out looking around, I Iooked up their company on Angie's list. They only had one review but it was a good one. Turns out we had wind damage. As he presented his information to us he was very professional, knowledgable and seemed to have all the proper insurance, licenses etc. in place. We called the insurance company and filled the claim. He walked us through what the process would be. The insurance company came out and agreed that our roof needed to be replaced. Dustin was there for that inspection. He was very accommodating in giving us references of other houses in our area noted with what color roofs they got to help us choose color along with the standard swatch board. After that we still couldn't decide so he dropped off larger swatches of the colors we had it narrowed down to. He was very patient. Dustin gave us the schedule of when things would be dropped off. The crew came in and seemed professional. The roof was done in a day. They worked pretty late into the day so it was a bit dark when they left. They came back the next morning though to finish the cleanup. Due to this being an insurance claim the payment process was cumbersome but Dustin was patient with waiting for money. I actually just finally paid this up last week so we are officially done.

Description of Work
Replaced roof due to wind and hail damage.

10/08/2011

Richard B.

Their rep, Dan Lillestol, solicited our business following a major hailstorm in JUN 2011. Throughout the summer, Dan kept in touch as we put in a claim from our insurance company and solicited bids from 3 other companies. He was very responsive to all questions and was willing to spend the time to work with us on price and scope. Dan also managed the install process to ensure that we were satisfied with the material delivery, dumpster placement and post-work cleanup. In short, in a business where all competitors bid to the insurance company estimate, Dan EARNED our business.

Description of Work
Company provided bid for and was awarded the job of replacing the roof on our house. They were one of four bidders and had the best price and payment terms of any bidder. By far, the most responsive of the companies we evaluated, including ones recommended by Angie's List.

B Pederson Construction

šŸ† Providing fast and reliable service we are dedicated to providing honest work at a competitive price. šŸ† šŸ“ž Call now at (218) 969-4171 Ā ā€¦

Twin City Home Remodeling LLC

Twin City Home Remodeling is the team you can trust to deliver the results you are expecting. We have the ability to bring your ideas to life and the team that can execute your projects from start to finish. We go to great lengths to address your specific whole house remodeling needs, whether on the interior or exterior. We have almost 2 decades worth of experience as a company and a combined experience of over 180 years in all aspects of home remodeling and custom work. Communication and Quality is essential with all of our consumers. We also want to hear your idea's and let you be a part of the design process. Twin City Home Remodeling- "Where we value your time and your ideas matter!" Minnesota License #BC655900 Expires 9/11/2020. Ā ā€¦

Offers Coupon

Beissel Windows & Siding Co

Family owned & operated since 1950. Angie's List Super Service Award recipient every year since 2003 (20 total category awards). We have long term, experienced staff and offer extensive product lines and showrooms with designers on duty. Evening and weekends available by appointment. Long term labor warranties. Award winning customer service! Additional DBAs - Accent Design & Renovation LLC, John Beissel, Inc., Beissel John Inc., General Home Improvement Company. Ā ā€¦

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard
    $100

Re-clam, recover, restore - roofing, siding, windows, gutters & storm damage.

Ice dam & snow removal.