The Deck Dude LLC

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2013

4.2

The Deck Dude LLC is a family run business with over 20 years of experience in all trades. We like to advertise in decks 1st because every one loves their deck! We are available for many different tasks. Our customers tend to use us for many years. We strive to meet your budget while exceeding your expectations! Mention you saw us on Angie's List for a special promotion!...

PurePro Cleaning

We specialize in cleaning the exterior of residential homes! We go above and beyond for every one of our clients! We remove the mold from your siding with a soft wash strategy in order to avoid damage to your home! We clean windows with the care that is needed! We look at every window from different angles to ensure a streak free cleaning! ​ We pride ourselves on punctuality and do our best to show up at the time of your scheduled appointment! We are also extra careful around the beautiful plants that surround your house!

Able fence

Call us today for all your fencing needs!

Matias Painting

Painting is what we do and we do it well. We specialize in all your painting needs interior and exterior no job is too small for us. Give us a call or message us today for a free estimate!

12/07/2017

Gayla E.

Once he finally showed up--took from August until November before the work was started--everything was fine except he failed to replace a horizontal handrail that had been there previously. Kept putting me off on replacing it until the end of May. Still not done. Reference Western Michigan BBB Complaint Case# 37074011 for complete details. I filed this complaint after he threatened to sue ME for harassment AND wanted $300 to replace just this one board!

Description of Work
Replace rotted boards on back porch & steps; also add a step to raise porch closer to back door threshold.

Category contractors,decks

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your comment, we are sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with The Deck Dude. In this field, as in many lines of construction, there is typically a waiting period before a project can be started. We try our best to maintain open communication with customers if there are any changes to the scheduled start date , understandably so that may yet be frustrating. The handrail that you requested to be replaced was not a part of the original estimate given. A service tech was also sent out on two seperate occassions to replace the preexisting board, unfortunately he received no communication back to actually replace it. We are sorry to hear that you feel the quote given to replace said handrail was to high for your liking, we do have a base service charge for work being done though.

05/12/2017

Terrance W.

Jonathan is clearly passionate about his craft—that's why I hired him. He walked me through an inspection of his own pointing out technical flaws with the existing build. He gave me a quote right there, and I gave him a downpayment. Contractors like the Deck Dudes are usually in high demand, so it's good to call them in the off-season and try to get on the spring and summer schedules. The small crew worked through the rain and cold to finish the deck in early May. Jon was really responsive, keeping me posted via text messages and phone calls. They did a beautiful job and structurally reinforced the deck as well. I'll enjoy this beautiful and safe deck for years to come.

Description of Work
I had a crumbling deck on our 90s ranch house. Our home inspector suggested the repairs as the staircase was becoming unstable and dangerous, and the rest of the wood deck was splitting and generally in bad shape.

Category decks,deck cleaning

Thank you so much for the positive review! Quality is extremely important to us here at The Deck Dude!

04/08/2017

Heather W.

Jon and his crew were communicative and listened to what I wanted to do with the deck. He offered a very competitive price. Completed the project in a few days. I am very pleased with how it has held up over the past year. I will be using the Deck Dude for a ramp project this summer as I am so pleased with how things went summer.

Description of Work
Deck on front of my house.

Category decks

Thank you so much for the review! It was a pleasure doing business with you and look forward to assisting in any future projects.

12/26/2015

Debra E.

'It went great. We are so happy with the deck Jon built!.

Category decks

Thank you so much! Love working with you. I look forward to seeing you this spring to do a free check up on the deck. Thanks again

10/14/2015

David M.

I contacted John (The Deck Dude) about helping me design my deck. I wanted to build the deck myself but wanted a professional to design the deck for me which I would purchase the design for a fee. John was very responsive after several companies said they were unwilling to help me. He came over a few days later and we plotted out the dimensions of my deck, sat down and ran through a rough outline. Upon him receiving my payment, he organized the material list, all I had to do was call Home Depot and pay for the materials. Once the lumber was delivered, John came over and laid out the deck plans with spray paint so I could start digging out the holes for the supports. He walked me through the next couple of steps over the phone. John came back in person and help me for over and hour with the next steps. He showed me how to replicate what we did together. From there the deck came together very quickly. Its now complete and we absolutely lover it! I would recommend the Deck Dude to others not only for decks but and general home improvement odds and ends!

Description of Work
John worked with me to design my deck plans and my material list.

Category decks,handyman service,deck cleaning,house painters

Thank you. Let me know if there is anything else i can do to help.

08/19/2015

Laura K.

It went really well. Within days of my initial call, John came to our home and spent over an hour with my husband and and I discussing what we wanted, our time frame and our budget. We received quotes from several contractors and felt John was the best fit for our job. Once we made our decision, he came back to meet with us a second time to finalize the design and pick up a check for half the cost he had quoted. He showed up as scheduled with his crew of two other men and finished our deck in just over a week. I was super impressed with how courteous they all were, and how hard they worked. They spent several very long days even working through lots of rain to finish the job on time. These were all guys I was happy to have at our home. John communicated with us throughout the project and asked questions on our preferences for finish certain areas. He even took it in stride when I accidentally wrote his check for the wrong amount. There were a few design details that were not done perfectly that he later fixed without question. He was great to work with and did a good job at a fair price. I would use him again anytime.

Description of Work
John removed our original, small 10 x 12 deck that had no stairs. He then designed and built a new deck that was 3 times larger with stairs and all new railings. He also built a new platform at our garage entrance.

Category decks,deck cleaning

We had a blast working with your family! Thank you for a Great review! Please let me know if there is anything I can do any time for you and your family!

06/12/2015

jonathan C.

AWSOME! Great communication! All the guys where Pro's! We had to make some changes during the build and Jon from the deck dude made it very easy. They really went out of the way to make sure we where happy. We have already passed his name along to one of our family members to have a deck similar to ours built, and the deck dude gave us a free Deck cleaning service in the spring for the referral.

Description of Work
400+ square foot deck!!

Category decks,deck cleaning

Thank you so much for the review! It was a pleasure to do business with you.

07/30/2014

Lori E.

Description of Work
They removed the old deck, removed the concrete stairs under the deck and replaced it with a brand new, unattached deck. When they built stairs they built them so that they are able to be moved so I can clean the area unimpeded. The stairs are solid, as is the deck. | |It looks amazing and they delivered as promised. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Category decks,deck cleaning

Thank you for the work [Removed member name], we loved working with you. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

06/30/2014

Nicole H.

Didn't return calls.

Description of Work
Called owner and was told he was driving and to please send an email so he could contact me regarding setting up an appointment for an estimate. Sent an email, no reply (and no message back to spam or returned as undeliverable.) Also called again to be on the safe side in case the email was not received, still no reply. Unimpressed.

Category deck cleaning

I'm sorry I never had a conversation with you, maybe you had a conversation with another company offering the same services. If you need my companies services please call me directly 616-292-5837

07/27/2013

Kelly E.

Everything went smoothly and professionally. He communicated well and got the job done quickly.

Description of Work
Deck cleaning and staining

Category deck cleaning

Thank you for the positive review! We really appreciate it and look forward to any future projects we may assist you with.

The Deck Dude has 23+ years of experience in the Trade. New deck construction, old deck restoration, new porch construction and old porch/deck restoration, power-washing, sealing, staining, painting and most other carpentry/restoration related fields. We offer all types of services. From Handy man to full remodels and additions.

We are smart enough to "Know what we don't know" and have no problem referring some one too you if we cant do your project. After this long we have a lot of good hard working folks in our rolodex that we have worked with and have no problem sharing their info so you can get your job done

Satisfaction