General Movers

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2012

Farmington, MI 48335

Are you moving? Leave the hard work up to our local apartment, office, and residential movers in Michigan. Our professional moving company provides fast and convenient home and office moving services. General Movers Inc offers moving services to help save you time. We provide professional moving and packing services for homes, businesses and apartment. We offer expert packing services and we provide FREE protective wrap with all moves. Contact us immediately and our movers will be there as soon as possible to move your belongings safely....

movers (74)

02/26/2021

It went very well! I would hire them again.

Description of Work
moving furniture

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

Thank you for the positive review.

12/31/2020

Working with General Movers was a good experience. Their price was very fair. They were on time. The movers Danny and Miles worked very efficiently. They took a lot of care to make sure there was no damage while moving. They also put runners down so they did not track into my new apartment. I would recommend General Movers to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Move for a one bedroom apartment

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

Thanks for the great review!!

09/08/2020

Kyle and his team are phenomenal. Always on time arrival. Responsive on texts. Excellent packing and moving skills. The entire moving team is polite and friendly. Nothing damaged. They moved our entire home plus we had some tricky pieces (piano, large shop tools). They made sure it was all taken care of and done right.

Description of Work
moving entire house plus large shop tools

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

Thank you for the great review!!

07/28/2020

Excellent! Kyle responded quickly and appropriately from giving a quote, answering questions and scheduling. Can highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Furniture moving from one residence to another

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Thank you for the kind review.

03/17/2019

Owner and staff were patient and very helpful in problem solving packing complications. They worked tirelessly and efficiently. I will definitely hire them for a future move.

Description of Work
Moving from condo to home

Work Completed On 03/12/2019

Thank you for the great review. We are looking forward to your next project.

10/04/2018

I was worried because I had bad experiences with other movers i contacted, my calls went unreturned etc. General movers got back to us immediately, took a list of what I wanted moved, it was only a small load, and said there was no problem. It could be picked-up, driven to Pittsburgh and delivered in one day. The cost was more than some quotes i got, but less than others. Brandon and Austin were p...

Description of Work
I needed inherited furniture moved from Ann Arbor to my home in Pittsburgh.

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to helping you with your next project.

04/21/2018

It was a really good experience. Kyle was very helpful with scheduling and worked around my schedule. The moving guys were very punctual and worked very hard to get us moved in and set up in our new house. They worked tirelessly and had a great attitude. Highly recommend Kyle and team for any moving jobs!

Description of Work
Moved all our furniture from our old house to our new house

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

Thank you for the great review!

03/12/2018

They showed up a little late, but not horribly so. They were very friendly and pleasant, and worked quickly to get everything out onto the truck. They were very careful with all of my stuff, even carrying heavy things down my narrow staircase. I was moving my own things as well as my roommate's, and they made a stressful move very easy. I will definitely call them the next time I move anywhere!

Description of Work
Move from an apartment to a house

Work Completed On 03/05/2018

Thanks for the great review!

02/11/2018

Kyle, Kevin, and Matt were all awesome to work with. Very polite, on-time, and super hard working! The snow issue, the long drive, plus moving in up 2 flights of outdoors stairs presented challenges that they handled in stride!

Description of Work
We needed furniture picked up from 3 locations in Michigan and all delivered to one location in Chicago. And on the snowiest weekend of the season!

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

Thanks for the great review.

09/01/2017

The move went great. Kyle was easy to get hold of and handled each part of the process with care and professionalism. We hired him and his team to help our daughter move from Ann Arbor to Chicago, and they made it so easy for us. Thank you Kyle, Brandon and Josh for a terrific experience and we would not hesitate to use General Movers again!! They make moving stress free!!

Description of Work
Out of state move.

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

Thank you very much for the great review. You made it easy for us to deliver you great service, as you were well prepared and extremely kind. Best of luck in your new place!

Commercial and residential Expert packing FREE protective wrap with all moves Packing materials available Local and long distance moving service Licensed and Insured Fully uniformed crews

MasterCard, American Express, Discover