Community Home Services

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2011

47 Sanford Rd

Alfred, ME 04002

community is been serving maine since 1999. Theirs no job to small or big we get them all done.no money down paid when job completed and customer is happy.

07/14/2022

Peter Z.

This company is upfront & honest with everything they do. Very professional. I was given a very reasonable quote for a complete siding job which included removal & disposal of old wooden siding. The crew was very detail oriented, punctual, professional & worked very well together. Every night they would clean up the whole perimeter around the house leaving nothing behind. Since we have a dog they took great care to not leave any sharp objects or nails in our grass. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a hard working, honest, detail oriented & caring team. They went beyond our expectations & helped transform our house into a very new & sharp looking house. This company will go beyond your expectations for sure with thier quality work. Thank you Community Home Services!

Description of Work
Complete siding job which included removal/disposal of old siding, repairing any damage then installing weather guard before completing with vinyl siding.

Category siding

12/14/2020

John N.

Larry followed through with everything, was on time, and did an excellent job. We would absolutely hire him again for additional work.

Description of Work
Repair damaged siding

Category handyman service, siding

04/23/2020

Timothy H.

He was very friendly and professional with the estimate process.

Description of Work
Roof repair or replace of our home.

02/16/2019

Jaimie A.

We hired Larry and his crew for previous work and are, yet again, so glad we did. The crew knows what they’re doing, are very professional and honest. We had a hiccup regarding electrical work but Larry took care of it and everything worked out great. We have a 16 month old toddler running around the house (gone during the day) and the crew took the time to make the area safe for her before they left. Not too many people would even think of that. We’re still very impressed with their work and look forward to having them back again; you can’t go wrong with these guys. They’re clean, they care and they’re great! Thank you again Larry!

Description of Work
Remove interior load bearing wall

Category remodeling

01/18/2019

Jaimie A.

We found an issue in our attic and put in a quote request; I had a call within an hour. They came out the next day and gave us a quote. The work was originally planned for 2 days but the men worked very hard and got it all done in one day. They installed roof and ridge vents and had to replace an entire outer wall. The quality of work is spot on! They were all very professional and when they left they cleaned up everything, you couldn't even tell they were here. I will be hiring them again in the future!

Description of Work
Roof vents install

01/08/2019

Stephen B.

When it was time to do some remedial repairs on my house I was having difficulty finding my usual contractors and getting a reasonable quote. I decided to check in with Angie's List for the first time ever. There I found Community Home Services, Sanford, ME. I never had heard of this company, but I took stock in the A+ ratings on Angie's List. Owner Larry Ryea came to my house the same day and took notes. A few days later I had a quote that included clean up and dump of old materials. The quote was $1200 -2200. less than other quotes. So, I took a chance and it was a good choice. Community Home Services aims to please and the crew was hard working and considerate all the way through the project that expanded into two window replacements and a chimney repair. And, while they were at it, cleaned my gutters that were much in need of cleaning. Totally recommend Larry Ryea and his crew.

Description of Work
Replaced cedar clapboards, window replacements and chimney repair.

Category gutter cleaning, siding, replacement windows, chimney repair

11/06/2018

leslie H.

When I first contacted Larry through Angie's List, it was mainly as a consultant, because I was very worried about work that a different contractor was currently doing on my house at the time. Larry came over that evening, looked at the work, and pointed out a long list of obvious problems. He gave me a very reasonable estimate, I fired the first guy (who hadn't shown up in weeks), and Larry's crew, headed by Johnny, took over. They had to rip out all the work the first guy did, and it was AMAZING to watch a truly professional and competent crew work their magic. A crew of 5-6 guys showed up every weekday at 8:30 and worked nonstop (except for a quick lunch) until 5 p.m. or later. They were all highly professional, reliable, and skilled. Whenever I called with a question, Larry ALWAYS called back within an hour at most. The job was a big one -- re-siding our entire house and garage, and Johnny and his team got the job done in 16 days, working long hours and cleaning up at the end of each work day. Their attention to detail was amazing. We are pleased and grateful for a job so well done, and have already hired them to come back and power spray the moss off the north side of our roof. Thank you, CHS!

Description of Work
Siding my home and garage

Category siding, pressure washing, roof cleaning

11/01/2017

graham T.

I hope there is no illness or the business closed.. I contacted this company to give me a quote, after initially responding and saying they would come out to give me a quote. I have not heard back, after messaging back 3 times and calling with no response

Description of Work

yes i did respond and i did contact the tenant and our schedule did not work out.if you wanted a estimate [Member Name Removed] you should have taken time to meet with me on your time.thank you god bless

07/23/2017

Stephen R.

Description of Work
Great Job Larry!

06/26/2017

Richard M.

I was originally a little reluctant to hire Larry because of the old saying " if it seems to good to be true, it probably isn't." Specifically, Larry offered to take on my job at a price that, to me, seemed very fair for the work to be done, but was about 2000-3000.00 below the ridiculously high prices quoted by other roofers I spoke with. In addition, I had one contractor tell me that a large part of roof had been covered over and that the fact that two layers of shingles were in place meant a much higher cost for the job. Larry came up to look at my roof a second time and found that some areas of my roof had been patched with an additional layer of shingles and instead of raping me with additional charges, charged only an extra 25.00 per square for stripping those areas. On the day that his crew came to do the roof, they arrived about 8:00 am and I had a new roof (16 square) by 4:00. His crew worked non-stop, only taking a break for lunch. They left my yard cleaner than when they started. I would recommend Larry and his crew to anyone looking for a quality re-roof for a fair price from somebody who won't charge you some exorbitant fee because "that is what everyone else charges" So far no issues with roof.

Description of Work
Complete roof tear off and replacement on mobile home.

03/17/2017

mike L.

Larry and his crew at Community Home Services were awesome. They showed up on time, completed the work in a timely manner, and were very knowledgeable. They beat everyone else In price, and represented great value. They brought my home back to life. I will be hiring them again for other projects.

Description of Work
Vynal siding Metal roof Install replacement windows Repair rot around siding and deck

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

02/12/2017

Anita R.

Both pitched roof and addition roof were done in one day! I was very pleased with the results. The only issue I had was with my not being contacted to let me know that I would have to call DirectTV about my dish (which cost me more money).

Description of Work
Needed to have my pitched roof and addition roof replaced.

04/27/2016

Ronald L.

Category contractors, roofing, replacement windows, house painters

10/06/2015

Ronald L.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on our home. Two very hot days but the crew kept working. Great job cleaning up. Very pleased with our end product.

Category roofing, replacement windows, house painters

10/21/2014

Joseph L.

I was really impressed with him and his crew..I found that Larry was very fussy and showed a lot of attention to detail and getting everything precise..He didn't rush and had patience with his crew that helped him..They all were very nice and did work hard..They went above and beyond what my expectations were..I didn't know alot about what they did but learned a lot..I would definately hire them for any other job I needed doing..I love my new steel roof and windows..The house looks amazing..He does other stuff besides roof and windows like remodeling, siding, chimney repairs, gutters, yard work, painting and a variety of tree services..If you want it done right, I recommend Community Home Services..I am glad I found them..

Description of Work
Put up a steel roof and trim, and installed new peridymn windows. Painted trim and put up shutters to match roof..and a few other details..

Category contractors, roofing, siding, replacement windows, house painters

08/31/2012

Mark T.

They got back to me quickly to schedule estimate when some of the other company's didn't even call back. Came on a Sunday to give me estimate at my convenience. Showed up on time on both the estimate and to do the work. Performed all the work as promised and even had some extra labor and materials they had to do but stuck with their original estimate. Very curtious and respectful to my property and surrounding gardens. Worked long hours to complete in the two days as promised.

Description of Work
Removed old shingles, installed new lifetime warranty asphalt shingles, 6' of ice water shield on eves,installed a ridge vent because I did not have one and needed it for proper ventilation, releaded chimney and installed new pipe boots.

08/05/2011

James T.

They did a bunch of other things too and they did some work on the chimney. They did a fine work. It was a small project really and we're satisfied. The quality was okay and the materials were okay.

Description of Work
We used the Community Home Services for roofing in May.

ALL WASH

ALL WASH is a top rated, local exterior cleaning company offering professional power washing and roof cleaning services. We have been an established and reputable company with an excellent track record for the best customer satisfaction, and the highest quality of work. From the moment you speak to us on the phone to the way our trained professionals clean your home; You will be assured that ALL WASH is here to help you from start to finish.

G's Pressure Washing

We specialize in pressure washing and soft washing services for exteriors of homes or businesses, sidewalks, driveways, decks, porches, patios, fences, roof cleaning, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Wolf Power Washing

Our pressure washing service provides the best service for our clients treating them life family. From the gutters down we wash your entire house including any walkways, docks, and patios that need it. We value our customers if we think something wont be worth your money to wash then we are going to make you aware so you can get the best deal for what you are looking for. Our staff has over 5 years of professional experience providing our clients with the best service.

Award 2022

Roofing, siding, snow removal, roof shoveling, painting, remodeling, gutters & chimneys.

Interior.