Community Home Services

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2011

community is been serving maine since 1999. Theirs no job to small or big we get them all done.no money down paid when job completed and customer is happy....

Wallace Home Improvement

At Wallace Home Improvement, we have built an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction by providing quick estimates, great attention to detail and competitive pricing. Being a screened and approved professional gives you the peace of mind you need to allow us to give your home the attention it deserves. Call us today and let's get started!

4Pro Painting & Power Washing

We offer fine quality Interior & Exterior Painting and restoration repairs. We're based out of Newburyport, Ma. and seasonally out of Poland, Maine. We easily service most parts of Northshore Massachusetts. , Southern New Hampshire, and up the coast of Maine into our other service area in the Sebago Lakes Region. Our professional painters and carpenters are the highest quality you can get and we are proud to offer a superior job at a reasonable price. We offer quick and free estimates any time. Please feel free to call Dan anytime to talk about your upcoming project.

Offers by 4Pro Painting & Power Washing	 on Angi
LR Higgins Inc

Our goal is to help you through the often complex remodeling process. We have a great deal of experience in detail orientated kitchen & bath installations, structural issues as well as water damage. Check out our website for some photos. We strive to meet customers within a week of your call and a price within a week of our initial meeting. We can be reached by email at Eric@LRHiggins.com or call us directly at 207.856.2448..

12/14/2020

Larry followed through with everything, was on time, and did an excellent job. We would absolutely hire him again for additional work.

Description of Work
Repair damaged siding

Category handyman service,siding

04/23/2020

He was very friendly and professional with the estimate process.

Description of Work
Roof repair or replace of our home.

02/16/2019

We hired Larry and his crew for previous work and are, yet again, so glad we did. The crew knows what they’re doing, are very professional and honest. We had a hiccup regarding electrical work but Larry took care of it and everything worked out great. We have a 16 month old toddler running around the house (gone during the day) and the crew took the time to make the area safe for her before they left. Not too many people would even think of that. We’re still very impressed with their work and look forward to having them back again; you can’t go wrong with these guys. They’re clean, they care and they’re great! Thank you again Larry!

Description of Work
Remove interior load bearing wall

Category remodeling

01/18/2019

We found an issue in our attic and put in a quote request; I had a call within an hour. They came out the next day and gave us a quote. The work was originally planned for 2 days but the men worked very hard and got it all done in one day. They installed roof and ridge vents and had to replace an entire outer wall. The quality of work is spot on! They were all very professional and when they left they cleaned up everything, you couldn't even tell they were here. I will be hiring them again in the future!

Description of Work
Roof vents install

01/08/2019

When it was time to do some remedial repairs on my house I was having difficulty finding my usual contractors and getting a reasonable quote. I decided to check in with Angie's List for the first time ever. There I found Community Home Services, Sanford, ME. I never had heard of this company, but I took stock in the A+ ratings on Angie's List. Owner Larry Ryea came to my house the same day and took notes. A few days later I had a quote that included clean up and dump of old materials. The quote was $1200 -2200. less than other quotes. So, I took a chance and it was a good choice. Community Home Services aims to please and the crew was hard working and considerate all the way through the project that expanded into two window replacements and a chimney repair. And, while they were at it, cleaned my gutters that were much in need of cleaning. Totally recommend Larry Ryea and his crew.

Description of Work
Replaced cedar clapboards, window replacements and chimney repair.

Category gutter cleaning,siding,replacement windows,chimney repair

11/06/2018

When I first contacted Larry through Angie's List, it was mainly as a consultant, because I was very worried about work that a different contractor was currently doing on my house at the time. Larry came over that evening, looked at the work, and pointed out a long list of obvious problems. He gave me a very reasonable estimate, I fired the first guy (who hadn't shown up in weeks), and Larry's crew, headed by Johnny, took over. They had to rip out all the work the first guy did, and it was AMAZING to watch a truly professional and competent crew work their magic. A crew of 5-6 guys showed up every weekday at 8:30 and worked nonstop (except for a quick lunch) until 5 p.m. or later. They were all highly professional, reliable, and skilled. Whenever I called with a question, Larry ALWAYS called back within an hour at most. The job was a big one -- re-siding our entire house and garage, and Johnny and his team got the job done in 16 days, working long hours and cleaning up at the end of each work day. Their attention to detail was amazing. We are pleased and grateful for a job so well done, and have already hired them to come back and power spray the moss off the north side of our roof. Thank you, CHS!

Description of Work
Siding my home and garage

Category siding,pressure washing,roof cleaning

11/01/2017

I hope there is no illness or the business closed.. I contacted this company to give me a quote, after initially responding and saying they would come out to give me a quote. I have not heard back, after messaging back 3 times and calling with no response

Description of Work

yes i did respond and i did contact the tenant and our schedule did not work out.if you wanted a estimate [Member Name Removed] you should have taken time to meet with me on your time.thank you god bless

06/26/2017

I was originally a little reluctant to hire Larry because of the old saying " if it seems to good to be true, it probably isn't." Specifically, Larry offered to take on my job at a price that, to me, seemed very fair for the work to be done, but was about 2000-3000.00 below the ridiculously high prices quoted by other roofers I spoke with. In addition, I had one contractor tell me that a large part of roof had been covered over and that the fact that two layers of shingles were in place meant a much higher cost for the job. Larry came up to look at my roof a second time and found that some areas of my roof had been patched with an additional layer of shingles and instead of raping me with additional charges, charged only an extra 25.00 per square for stripping those areas. On the day that his crew came to do the roof, they arrived about 8:00 am and I had a new roof (16 square) by 4:00. His crew worked non-stop, only taking a break for lunch. They left my yard cleaner than when they started. I would recommend Larry and his crew to anyone looking for a quality re-roof for a fair price from somebody who won't charge you some exorbitant fee because "that is what everyone else charges" So far no issues with roof.

Description of Work
Complete roof tear off and replacement on mobile home.

03/17/2017

Larry and his crew at Community Home Services were awesome. They showed up on time, completed the work in a timely manner, and were very knowledgeable. They beat everyone else In price, and represented great value. They brought my home back to life. I will be hiring them again for other projects.

Description of Work
Vynal siding Metal roof Install replacement windows Repair rot around siding and deck

Category roofing,siding,replacement windows

02/12/2017

Both pitched roof and addition roof were done in one day! I was very pleased with the results. The only issue I had was with my not being contacted to let me know that I would have to call DirectTV about my dish (which cost me more money).

Description of Work
Needed to have my pitched roof and addition roof replaced.

Roofing, siding, snow removal, roof shoveling, painting, remodeling, gutters & chimneys.

Interior.