AMS Contractors

Founded 1990 • With Angi since December 2011

4811 Rim Rock Rd

Rockville, MD 20853

Family owned business, dedicated to providing our customers with the most personal treatment. We listen carefully to your needs, then meet them cost-effectively and with the utmost professionalism and creativity. We specialize in beautiful kitchens, bathrooms and basements along with a twenty-plus year history of successful HVAC installation and repair. We are known for our diligence and attention to detail....

06/08/2016

David H.

03/11/2014

Tamar E.

Extremely responsive, punctual and reasonable. They came and replaced our igniter quickly and professionally, saving us and our three young children from a cold day and night.

Description of Work
AMS Contractors Air Conditioning and Heating replaced our igniter.

Category home remodeling

01/18/2014

Nancy M.

Category remodeling

08/23/2013

Jill K.

Moshe Shem Tov & his assistant Walter were wonderful to work with. They arrived promptly every morning letting me know their plans for the day. I was nervous about making all the Laundry/Kitchen design choices in time, so Moshe wrote me up a schedule so I would know when he planned to tackle that part of the project-- this was above and beyond. When the plans changed, as most plans do, he let me know the new schedule. Even if Moshe was subcontracting out the job that day to a plumber or electrician, Moshe would still arrive in the morning and at the end of the work day to make sure everything began and ended smoothly. Anytime there was a glitch in the project (never due to him) he worked calmly and patiently with me to work out the problem so we would have a beautiful final product. And we did-- I love my new kitchen and laundry room!

Description of Work
Laundry Room/Kitchen

Category remodeling,home remodeling

06/16/2012

JEFF K.

y

Description of Work
MOSHE SHEM TOV IS A WIZARD AT AIR CONDITIONING. HE KNOWS HIS SYSTEMS AND HE IS VERY VERY REASONABLE. ESPECIALLY FOR THE QUALITY OF HIS WORK. Moshe came to our house following a contractor for an insurance company who claims the necessary repairs were not covered under their policy == this is a huge ins. company in a million homes across the USA == anyway they claimed the unit needed a new mother board after replacing a transformer and that the motherboard was damaged due to a leak that wasn't covered.Moshe looked at what they had done to the electrics of the system undid most of their connection work, checked the power switch and now the system works just fine. The other company probably shorted out the original transformer -- replaced it with a non-OEM incoorectly sized transformer, incorrcetly attached the poorly rewired electrical harness and then told me it was my fault. I am putting a complaint up against the original company with the BB. MOSHE FIXED IT ALL AND THE AIRCONDITIONER IS WORKING AGAIN!!

05/30/2012

Stefanie W.

I wsa surprised that he arrived early, and he was able to fix the issue within no time. I now have cold air!

Description of Work
I called the owner yesterday and said he would be here around 8:10am and he arrived 15 minutes early. My a/c was blowing warm air and I needed it fixed. He went to work right away and cleaned the compressor and filled the freon.

05/30/2012

Stefanie W.

From start to finish, the process went smoothly. I was nervous taking on such a big project, and Moshe worked with me from the beginning. He went with me to Home Depot and the tile shop to pick out tiles, faucets, vanities, mirrors, and lighting. He was very patient. During the destruction of the first bathroom, Moshe noticed that the floor boards were bad and recommended to replace the subfloor. He didn't fix it until he showed me exactly what he meant. He replaced the subfloor after I gave him my approval. All in all, it was a good experience. I am very happy with my new bathrooms.

Description of Work
I had my 2 bathrooms renovated. Both bathrooms had to be gutted and everything was replaced. Moshe listened to what I wanted and explained to me what needed to be done. He was on the job site every day and would give me status reports almost every day. When putting in the new bathtub I had requested, Moshe noticed that it wasn't sturdy enough and recommended a better tub. The bathrooms turned out better than I expected.

Category flooring contractor,remodeling,home remodeling

05/15/2012

Tamar E.

AMS Contractors arrived promptly every morning and accommodated some of our crazy scheduling constraints (holidays, meetings at the house, etc.). They worked diligently, professionally and neatly, cleaning up every day before they departed. They greeted us and our children warmly every morning and then went straight to work. Mr. Shem-Tov did a great deal of the work along with his workers; if he did not complete the work with his own hands, however, he checked every aspect carefully and would not rest until it looked perfect (e.g. electric outlets had to be absolutely straight, etc.). The efficiency of this crew was amazing. The cabinet company messed up our order three different times. AMS Contractors never complained once (even though I did bitterly to the cabinet providers). They had everything prepared long before the cabinets arrived and "went with the flow" even though the cabinet providers' mistakes had delayed the job. Much to our relief and delightful surprise, AMS worked diligently to still complete the kitchen in time for our deadline (a weekend when we were expecting 25 guests staying in and eating at our home). They did not add a single "extra" that I, myself, did not request. They did not spring added costs on me in the last minute despite the delay due to the cabinet situation. If any issue arose, they were extremely responsive and addressed it immediately and professionally. I recommend them without reservation. *One added bonus: Mr. Shem-Tov has been a respected specialist in the air conditioning and heating business for over 20 years in addition to being a licensed general contractor. His understanding of air flow, energy efficiency and the impact of certain decisions upon the comfortable existence in one's home is invaluable! He is able to see the big picture while not neglecting the details that are most important to you.

Description of Work
AMS Contracting transformed our kitchen into a supremely comfortable, highly attractive and utilitarian working and living space, one that accommodates both our daily cooking and cleaning needs as well as the comfort and use of our three children. We sought to maximize the space we already had, to add an additional sink and dishwasher for our convenience (as observers of the kosher dietary laws) while not sacrificing our eat-in space, which is the center of activity for our children (for snacks, homework, artwork and meals). Furthermore, we wished to make our corner spaces in our kitchen far more accessible than they had been previously. AMS took the time to listen to what was most important to us, measured meticulously and made the most creative suggestions to maximize our space and its utility. They were extremely respectful and did their utmost to connect us with the most talented and professional cabinet providers/kitchen designers, appliance providers, granite company, etc. to realize our vision. They installed new cabinets, appliances, painted, arranged for our plumbing and electricity to accommodate the new sinks and disposals, helped design and create a stunning backsplash and helped us figure out the best way to illuminate our kitchen to give it a sleek, yet bright appearance. They also created an innovative and invaluable storage solution for us in our basement by taking our exsting cabinets, and assembling them along our wall in our laundry area, creating a wonderful working and storage space opposite our laundry sink where we could plug in appliances and prepare food while our kitchen was being worked on. It remains as a wonderful storage space and working area. I was brand new to this type of renovation and knew VERY little. Mr. Shem-Tov was extremely patient, explained things to me and gave wonderful advice any time I requested it. He exhibited honesty every step of the way and never tried to push me to make changes that were inconsistent with my vision and priorities.

Category home remodeling

America Hardwood Floors

Our services include: - Hardwood Installation - Hardwood Refinishing and Repair - Flooring Restoration - Laminate Flooring - Vinyl Flooring - Pergo America Hardwood Floors LLC is a family owned business and has been serving the DMV area since 2012, here you can find a team of experts ready to help you in your next project, whether you are wanting a fresh new look for your home, restoring your floor or are designing a new construction or addition, we have the right floor for you. We offer flooring services for residential and commercial properties, regardless of size. Whether you need hardwood, laminate or vinyl installed, we have you covered. If you need your flooring restored or your hardwood refinished, we can help there too.

Aladdin Carpet & Floors

Established in 1986, Aladdin Carpet & Floors is a local and family owned business. Starting it's operation from a basement of town home in early 1986 by four brothers and one sister, they were able to open it's first small showroom on Quince Orchard Blvd in the same year. Since then, other family members have joined the company. Currently, Aladdin has a 40 thousands square feet distribution center in Hagerstown, Md, a showroom design center with attached warehouse in Rockville, MD and a showroom with detached warehouse in Gaithersburg, MD. Aladdin Carpet is licensed and services Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC. Aladdin Carpet also has an online store at aladdincarpetoutlet.com, launched in 2012. Aladdincapetoutlet.com offers over 2300 flooring products to clients throughout the United States and growing. Visit aladdincarpetreviews.com to read real reviews from past and current customers of Aladdin Carpet & Floors. PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR GAITHERSBURG LOCATION AS WELL AT: 7400-H Lindbergh Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879.

Offers by Aladdin Carpet & Floors on Angi
    S.N. Hvac Company

S.N. Hvac Company specialize in Ac Insulation, Air duct Insulation, Electric furnaces repair, heater insulation, gas furnace insulation, system maintenance, residential services, residential ac repair, emergency services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Remodeling of kitchens, bathrooms and other rooms, finished basements, air conditioning and heating installation and repair (HVAC), household repairs, deck & porch construction.