Empire 1 Home Improvements Inc

Founded 2012 • With Angi since June 2014

323 Andover St

Wilmington, MA 01887

Empire 1 Home Improvements goes above and beyond to make your Exterior Remodeling visions become a reality. Let us help you through the process and answer any questions as they come up so you feel comfortable and sure with the decisions you make. We use the best products available to make sure
NEW ROOF, SIDING, DECK project
NEW ROOF, SIDING, DECK

decks & porches

202001887

01/25/2022

Lenny D.

It never went anywhere, I reached out to the organization, thy sent a sales person out to my home, we spent an hour going over the project and their representative left with a promise to get back to me. I sent an email roughly three weeks later asking for an update and I got a reply that stated - We are working on it and if you aren't happy with our time frame choose another contractor. They never contacted me again. Business must be good.

Description of Work
Requested a proposal - Had home visit - no reply

01/29/2021

Mark B.

The work was excellent and the communication was timely and professional. I would certainly recommend Empire1 Home Improvements for any home improvement needs.

Description of Work
Replace rotted siding and window sill and trim. Also replaced a bulkhead.

Category siding, replacement windows

12/17/2020

Andrea Z.

We hired Empire1 to do a full renovation of pretty much the entire exterior of our recently purchased home. Roof, siding, windows, trim, doors and deck. Clinton and Andy were very professional, quick to respond, and accessible throughout the job. The communication exceeded my expectations, as did the entire job. The crews did a great job and everything looks great. All of this was done with the headwind of COVID as well. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof, Windows, Trim, Siding. Front Door, Deck

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, skylights

12/06/2020

J. P.

We needed to replace 3 Vellux skylights which were about 35 years and also needed a new roof. Upon researching companies on the web chose/called three. Empire 1 Home Improvements, Wilmington, MA made the best impression from the beginning. The owner Clinton Galvin, replied immediately, plus online reviews were excellent so we chose Empire One. Clinton set us up with Jim S, who met with us to discuss the details of the work and answer all our questions. He was friendly, extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Next Andy D. reached out to schedule the work. He was also responsible and easy to deal with. Everyone we dealt with responded promptly, something which is much appreciated and often lacking in many businesses. Ours was a 2-day job. Jim S. showed up the first day with boards to put under the dumpster—to us another indication of a company that cares and provides quality work. The foreman, Angel, arrived and then the 4-man crew. Angel and the crew were great. There was also Nick on the crew and he came right over when he noticed us coming outside to ask a few questions. All were polite and respectful and they all wore their masks when near us. The crew got down to business quickly and worked hard and steadily. There was no loud music, no loud talking—it all seemed like a well-oiled machine; efficient and organized. Angel had to enter the house to fine tune the placement of the 3 skylights and then carefully, taking his time, caulked inside as needed to fill in some gaps left by the removal of the old windows. He also re-leaded the chimney with care. The roof and windows look great! I also should mention, clean up was just as impressive. I’ve had roofs replaced in the past, finding nails and debris all over the yard. We found hardly anything. All said, we found Empire 1 OUTSTANDING from start to finish and would highly recommend them to anyone wanting quality work at a reasonable price. We’d use Empire 1 again in a heartbeat. Bob, P.E. (retired), Jane, Carolyn

Description of Work
new skylights and roof

Category roofing, skylights

11/13/2020

Anthony F.

We were very pleased would highly recommend.

Description of Work
New Front Porch

Category decks

06/04/2020

Steve H.

I would highly recommend Empire 1 to anyone looking to have their roof replaced. I interviewed several other roofers before choosing Empire 1. They were competitive in price and I feel I got a quality job. Clinton (the owner) is was very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. He explain the whole process and materials to be used in detail. He even provided locations of other roofs to look at when we got to the step of choosing a shingle color. The office staff was helpful and responsive. All the workers in his crew were hard working professionals who clearly knew what they were doing. Mitch, the Forman for job was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. He took extra care to protect the many plantings around the house and also our stone porch, which was impressive! I was also impressed with the lead flashing job around the chimney. The crew did not swear and they did a great job cleaning up at the end, making sure that there were no stray nails around. The dumpster company they used even put boards down to protect our new driveway. I was very pleased with the work, and would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
roof replaced

06/04/2020

Heather T.

From start to finish work and work ethics were impeccable. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
new roof and new skylights

Category awnings, roofing, skylights

12/30/2019

Dante B.

This is my second time working with Empire 1. The whole team is great form start to finish. The first time they did my residential property and it was a great experience. This time I had my 20,000 sf commercial property done with a rubber membrane roof. Once again the pricing was the best around, the experience from start to finish was great and the job was done perfect. The team at Empire 1 received the absolute worst weather conditions possible and was still able to figure out how to get the job done on time, even in the middle of the holidays and before the winter made it impossible. I would recommend Empire 1 to anybody and they are my go to

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Thank you so very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance to you . Warm Regards, Empire 1

11/15/2019

Arthur C.

The entire roof was efficiently completed in a day and a half. Workers were competent. Preparation and cleanup were well done. The drain pipes were completed and painted a couple of weeks later due to poor weather. But the work was excellent.

Description of Work
New roof and drain pipe replacement

06/04/2019

Brian G.

We hired Empire 1 Home Improvements to repair a roof leak that was coming into our kitchen. Also we asked them to assess a bathroom vent pipe. We could not be happier with the results. We contacted them through their website and I got a call back from Leslie very quickly. We scheduled an appointment with Clinton, and he came out and assessed the situation very fast. I got an extremely fair estimate and the work was completed quickly and correctly. As you can imagine, this is important when you are trying to contain a leak into your kitchen. Leslie was also able to move my repair appointment up which was very much appreciated. In a time where many contractors either do not contact you at all or are very lax in giving you updates, it is fantastic to have a company like Empire 1 Home Improvements who you can rely on to have your back and are extremely professional. They would be my first and only stop for any further work I need done on my home. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure working for you!

04/19/2019

patricia G.

One of the best contractors I've worked with and would definitely hire again. From the first contact through ensuring our warranty was registered - everything went smoothly, and was managed by the team at Empire 1 professionally and timely. We interviewed 4 other roofers before choosing Empire 1 and so glad we picked them. Job was completed 6+ months ago and the roof has had no issues, no leaking and no lost shingles. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replaced roof shingles on main house and front entry.

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are happy to hear you are pleased with your new roof and it was a pleasure working for you.

03/11/2019

Patty G.

Clint was professional and punctual, and we would hire him again with a doubt. He was very honest, he did not try to sell us services/repairs we did not need, and the work his crew did was great!

Description of Work
repaired/replaced soffits

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

02/08/2019

ROB L.

We have a rubber roof on part of our home, which began to leak over a year ago. We hired one roofer to repair the area around the skylight where the leak had appeared, but it occurred again, and we decided we needed to replace the roof, which was nearly 15 years old, and two skylights in that section. Clinton came and gave us three options, with varying prices, all guaranteed for ten years. We chose the least expensive, and his team showed up within one or two weeks and put on a new rubber roof over a two-day period, doing the work a bit earlier than promised due to a heavy storm that was forecast. We were very impressed with every aspect of their work.

Description of Work
Rubber roofing

Category roofing, skylights

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working for you.

11/30/2018

Faeizeh A.

I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to get work done in their home. Clinton (the owner) is highly professional and very trustworthy. Clinton and his team were very nice, courteous, and hardworking. The office staff was patient and very responsive. We are very pleased with the work, and we definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], We appreciate the positive review and are happy to know you had such a great experience working with Empire 1. It was a pleasure working for you!

11/20/2018

Daniel I.

Clinton was very courteous and professional when he came to look over the job for an estimate. He was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. We received a quote that was very reasonable. With his knowledge and experience, It was a very easy choice to go with EMPIRE 1, to do the job. We are so glad we did as the whole experience went smoothly and flawlessly. All the workers in his crew were hard working professionals who clearly knew what they were doing. We are so pleased with the job they did. The roof looks great and we feel very satisfied as I know they used top quality shingles and all other materials such as water and Ice shield barriers, to give us peace of mind that the roof will be trouble free in the future. I would strongly recommend EMPIRE 1 for your roofing needs.

Description of Work
Remove existing asphalt roof and replace with new asphalt shingles.

Hi Dan, We appreciate your positive review and it was a pleasure working for you!

10/28/2018

Rachel K.

Clinton was punctual and professional while reviewing the job and had a good suggestions for how to proceed so we were eager to get a quote. We never heard back even after leaving a message. We have contracted with someone else.

Description of Work
Roofing and Gutter Repair

Category gutter repair, roofing

Hi [Member Name Removed], We want to apologize that you did not receive your proposal. We emailed you a proposal about a week ago to the email address that we have on file and we are wondering if perhaps we had the wrong email on file. We respect your decision to move forward with another contractor, and will use this as an opportunity moving forward to communicate better with our customers. We have always strived to provide excellent customer service to our customers and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

06/26/2018

William D W.

Clinton and his team did a fantastic job. Work started on schedule and took 2.5 days. The team was professional, safe and did a high quality job. In addition to re-roofing, there was also some repair needed on our siding. Clinton had one very experienced individual handle all of the particulars of this part of the work. I turned out great. Clinton did a careful inspection at the end of the job to make sure it met his standards. He also noticed a pile of construction debris I had left at the side of the house from a project I worked on. A few days later he turned up with a trailer and got rid of it for me. This was much appreciated and shows how much pride he has in his work and the overall look of everything when it was done. I highly recommend Empire1 for any of your roofing needs.

Description of Work
Roofing entire house

Category roofing, siding

06/16/2018

Eileen G.

My roof was damaged by a large tree limb in one of the recent winter storms. I called Clinton. He came right away and gave me a very fair estimate. He was very nice and polite, which means a lot. His crew was wonderful. They did an excellent job and cleaned up very well. I would not hesitate to hire or recommend to anyone. Very, very pleased and satisfied.

Description of Work
Repair roof damaged by tree

05/28/2018

JEROME P.

Clinton and his crew did an exemplary job. They were fastidious at cleaning up each day, even using a magnetic device to find loose nails. The shingles look great as well as the gutters and downspouts. I was initially thinking of replacing all my wood trim boards too, but Clinton convinced me that it was waste of money and to only replace the few boards that showed rot. This decision saved me about $2,000 and he did not have to do that. The shingles are architectural grade that got a 50-year warranty because of his installation method and filing the proper registration paperwork. I am recommending Empire1 to all my friends.

Description of Work
Replaced all roof shingles, gutters and downspouts

04/27/2018

Dani B.

Fantastic ! Clinton (the owner) came by after my initial call and gave me an estimate and the work was performed on time (as scheduled)---Well done !

Description of Work
Replace skylight

Category skylights

04/13/2018

Michael B.

Clinton was head n shoulders above the other contractors (highly rated) i delt with. I received a very detailed list of all the work to be done. I felt very comfortable in selecting Empire 1. Replaced all broken and rooted wood. The workers were great and cleaned up every day. The price was right. I could go on n on.

Description of Work
I had my roof replaced. They had to remove 2 layers of shingles. Replaced 2 skylights.

Category roofing, skylights, woodworking

03/31/2018

Roman A.

My roof was damaged in one of the recent winter storms. I called Clinton, and he came the same day, evaluated the damage and gave an estimate for repair. On top of that, he was able to get his team to come over the next day (Sunday!) and do the repair. Roof looks good, they took care of all the waste and picked up nails with magnetic sweepers. Very fast, efficient and responsive contractor. I will definitely use them again when the time comes.

Description of Work
re-shingle roof

03/18/2018

Michael S.

My roof was damaged in recent storm. Clinton came to my home the same day I called and repaired the roof the same day! Very fair price-wise. Good work. Finished quickly. When the time comes for a new roof, he gets the business! Thank you Clinton!

Description of Work
Roof repair. Shingles lost due to wind damage.

01/09/2018

Matthew G.

Clinton and his team did a great job at a great price. They were fast, efficient, and clean. I would have liked them to be a bit more communicative about procedure, expectations, and so forth throughout the process, but they ultimately got the job done on time and at the promised cost; and Clinton is a very personable guy, so once I was able to reach him he did a great job of answering my questions. I would happily work with him again if I had the opportunity.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

09/15/2017

Rudy G.

Empire did my roof at a great price and highest quality work. The crew was in and out in one day! I would highly recommend Clint Galvin and his team any time!

Description of Work
Installation of a new roof, soffits and gutters