NMTI-General Construction

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2018

2 Austin Sq

Lynn, MA 01905

As a commercial and residential general contracting company with 20 years of experience, offering fiber cement siding, vinyl siding, wood shake siding. Roofing; shingle, flat , slate, metal. Carpentry, framing, finish carpentry, chimney, masonry, repairs and more, we take pride in our projects and guarantee fast, reliable, and high quality service. Our company is fully licensed, asbestos certified, lead certified, and OSHA certified. Please contact us and get a quote for your next job....

09/21/2021

Elizabeth B.

Professional organization, a pleasure working with Juan. Not only was he extremely responsive – I got a call 10 minutes after I submitted my request on Angi even though it was after normal business hours – he came the next day, on time, to assess and discuss the possibilities of repairing my leaky roof! Giving me a two-day window of when they would be available to fix the problem and a price range depending on the scope of the issue which I very much appreciated. Thank you, Wilson for coming exactly when scheduled, sending me pictures of what it looked like up there, confirming the scope, and fixing my roof!

Description of Work
Leaky roof repair

12/17/2020

Scott B.

They called to set up a time to come by for a quote. Sent confirmation text with time and date. No call... No show... Great business fellas!!! Hahaha you're a joke. Another company came by the next day. Cornerstone roofing and maintenance out of NH (these guys are top notch). Look up and Hire Cornerstone...

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category decks, roofing

08/14/2020

Nancy B.

These guys are fantastic! This is the second time I have used them and both experiences were excellent. Last year we had a major leak in a slanted part of our rubber roof. Fixed perfectly. No leaks again. This year we had other parts of our roof leaking (1870 house. Lots of roof pitches and types) they identified the issues, replaced two small roof areas on bays areas, replaced all the broken slate tiles and replaced very old and non-functional down spouts. Ramon and Wilson are kind, conscientious and very reasonable. Their services are highly recommended!!!!

Description of Work
Leaks in several places in various roof types; old non working downspouts

Category roofing, home builders

06/02/2020

Doris L.

Raccoons love leading used in older roofs. They had worked they're way thru, just barely, and were heading for a larger opening. NMTI came, saw and conquered lickety split. I feel safe, now.

Description of Work
Roof patch

Category roofing, home builders

05/08/2020

Tim T.

We were very pleased with the work and timelines of the work performed. The quote was fair and work excellent. I will definitely use this group again.

Description of Work
Roofing Siding and deck work.

Category home builders

12/30/2019

Simon T.

NMTI was great. Ramon came out and gave an estimate. Was very honest and though he immediately identified several problems, he suggested the work may not be necessary and advised us to test it further or even wait. We ended up having them come out to fix some poorly installed flashing around our door way anyway. Wilson and another employee showed up, identified several additional problems, fixed all of it and respected the original quote. Overall their workmanship and communication was spot on.

Description of Work
Leak around deck door

Category decks, roofing, siding

08/16/2019

Nancy B.

Ramon was very thorough with his estimate and very attentive to our needs. The crew showed up as scheduled and did a wonderful job of removing the old roof and installing a new one. Job completed in one day as promised, everything was cleaned up in my yard afterwards and the price was very fair. It was a pleasure working with Wilson and his guys. They were honest, and I would definitely hire again if needed. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
We had a significant leak in the roof of an antique home we just purchased. I called NMTI and they were able to come out within two days assess the problem and schedule the job for completion within a week

08/15/2019

Sophia I.

I contacted NMTI-GC to help me figure out the best way to replace the old tar roof on my concrete block garage. My garage had a number of challenging design issues: parapets on all four sides, a center drain, and a weird raised section. I was getting eye-popping quotes and contractors who were all over the place with the scope of the project. I reached out to NMTI-GC on a recommendation from a local Facebook group. I contacted Ramon and we met within a week. He was kind, friendly, and professional and really heard my concerns. I had a fair, thorough estimate within a few days that included some creative solutions that no one else had come up with: removing three of the four parapets and avoiding drilling into our concrete roof deck. It took me two months to figure out which contractor I was going with after being blown off by another contractor who had come in with a cheaper way to do the project, but when I reached back out to NMTI it was like no time had passed. They pulled permits and started the work within about two weeks and finished it flawlessly in one day. The crew who did the work was professional, efficient, and friendly and the communication ahead of time was great. I always felt able to reach out to either Ramon or Juan via text if I had any concerns. I wholeheartedly recommend NMTI and as soon as I finish this review I will be sending them an email about additional projects!

Description of Work
Replaced a degraded tar roof with rubber on my concrete block garage.

Category masonry, roofing

06/12/2019

Janice H.

NMTI did a fantastic job replacing the water damaged fascia, shingles, clapboard, drywall and ceiling of my mudroom. This was the second time I used the company and again they did an awesome job. They responded promptly and did good quality work at a fair price. I would highly recommend this company. I will definitely call them for future home repair needs.

Description of Work
Replaced fascia board,shingles,drywall and ceiling of mudroom.

Category drywall, remodeling, roofing, siding

06/07/2019

Ashley K.

I feel fortunate that I found Juan from Angie’s list. He had to fix the mess that the previous contractor created to install a bathroom in my house. I wouldn’t have passed the inspection if Juan didn’t come to correct the errors. All his workers are also courteous and hardworking. The price was very reasonable and the project was finished at the scheduled timing. I will recommend him to all my friends and family.

Description of Work
Second bathroom installation

Category picture framing, remodeling

04/13/2019

Kelley L.

Given the unexpected difficulties we encountered with my project (termite damage, record-breaking levels of rain after the roof was demolished, minor corrections in dimensions and locations due to amateur architectural drawings), this project went very well. Management: The owners of NMTI, Juan & Ramon, were incredible to work with. They were constantly available, even on occasions when I would text at 9pm at night or on the weekends; they addressed the issues that I had but also brought to my attention details that I would have overlooked which saved me headache further down the road. They truly treated my house as their own, and I will be forever grateful I stumbled upon them online. Price: NMTI was significantly lower in cost (>15%) than the second lowest quote that I received, and a full 75% cheaper than the most expensive quote I received. When issues arose (because there are always issues, in my case it was unexpected termite damage to my sill plate), they showed me the damage, explained that the replacement would take two guys, and simply billed for the hours it took the two of them. There was no black box or magic number, but a straightforward explanation of what needed to be done to address the structural issue. Workers: I've found in many cases that when getting a quote, you get the nice salesman, and then when the work is actually done, you get the crappy, unprofessional workers. This could not have been further from the truth for NMTI- our main crew of 4 guys were phenomenal; constantly double-checking with me about details that would make the next steps (drywall, siding, tiling, etc.) easier, polite and respectful inside my home, not smoking on my property, keeping their working area tidy at the end of every evening, and just in general being nice people (helping me carry out a heavy toilet that I was struggling to lift by myself, offering advice on the parts of the renovation that I was doing myself, etc.) Overall I would recommend them to my friends or family, provided they have architectural drawings drawn by a professional. The quality of work that I received, at the significantly lower price, were absolutely worth the time it took and I genuinely am grateful to have a home that was built well which didn't destroy my bank account.

Description of Work
Exterior framing, roofing for new 3 story addition / garage tied to existing house

Category picture framing, roofing, home builders

12/29/2018

Barbara K.

Ramon from NMTI-GC came quickly to assess what needed to be done, Juan submitted an estimate in less than 24 hours, and Ramon went out of his way to obtain a work permit promptly. NMTI-GC arrived to install a new roof sooner than we had dreamed they could, and worked steadily in cold conditions until the work was completed. The roof has now held up well through 3 rainstorms. The crew, led by Wilson, was pleasant, professional, and hard-working, and we think they are honest. The cost was reasonable. We don't expect to need another roof for a long time, but would certainly hire NMTI-GC again to do other kinds of work. We enthusiastically recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Our flat rubber roof was in tatters and rainwater was coming in a window frame.

12/19/2018

Sonia N.

Ramon and his team is very professional and kept me updated on how the repairs were going. It appears that they provide quality work and take pride in their work, all reasons why we chose them at the end. Not only did they deliver but they seem to be honest and hardworking people. When repairing the roof, Ramon noticed a few things that was in bad shape and let me know right away. I'm glad there are people out there that will speak up if there's something that isn't safe instead of turning a blind eye. We will definitely use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Repair roof and chimney and replace skylight

12/14/2018

Helen L.

Very happy with responsiveness and knowledge of the team. Job was done right and quickly. Will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Roof repairs

11/30/2018

Janice H.

I needed a roof repair and found NMTI-General Construction on Angie's List. From day one, Project Managers, Juan and Ramon provided me with exemplary service. Ramon came to survey the leaky roof the day that I called. He explained what needed to be done and gave me what I felt was a very reasonable written estimate within a day or two. He explained that they might find more damage once work commenced and it would cost more to repair. The crew started the work the day before Thanksgiving and worked throughout the holiday weekend to remove and replace four layers or shingles on my 1910 colonial. They also repaired the ceiling on the enclosed front porch that had severe water damage. The crew did a great job of cleaning up the yard and driveway and thoroughly removed all of the debris. I would highly recommend NMTI-GC to anyone needing home repairs or renovation. Juan, Ramon and their team are professional, prompt and courteous. I will definitely call on them again for any future home repairs that I may need.

Description of Work
Roof and ceiling repair

11/30/2018

Janice H.

I needed a roof repair and found NMTI-General Construction on Angie's List. From day one, Project Managers, Juan and Ramon provided me with exemplary service. Ramon came to survey the leaky roof the day that I called. He explained what needed to be done and gave me what I felt was a very reasonable written estimate within a day or two. He explained that they might find more damage once work commenced and it would cost more to repair. The crew started the work the day before Thanksgiving and worked throughout the holiday weekend to remove and replace four layers of shingles on my 1910 colonial. They also repaired the ceiling on the enclosed front porch that had severe water damage. The crew did a great job of cleaning up the yard and driveway and thoroughly removed all of the debris. I would highly recommend NMTI-GC to anyone needing home repairs or renovation. Juan, Ramon and their team are professional, prompt and courteous. I will definitely call on them again for any future home repairs that I may need.

Description of Work
Roof repair

11/29/2018

Greg M.

I called NMTI regarding a leaky roof. They not only answered my call (at least 6 other roofers didnt pick up or return a call), but they came out on two days later to give me a quote. Ramon came to my house and was the consummate professional. He explained the options to me and was very honest with his quote. He basically said the job would only require 1 man for a couple hours of work so it would be their minimum charge. He offered to have someone come out on Monday (2 days later). It was delayed one day because of rain, but the work was completed by 9am on Tuesday. I also had the pleasure of speaking with Juan regarding an entire roof replacement. I know it is necessary, it wasnt something they tried to push on me. Juan came out this morning and measured my roof and provided me with a quick, detailed, and very fairly priced quote. Not only would I recommend NMTI for their service, I'd also recommend them because they are good and honest people that have treated my wife and I with the utmost respect.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

11/20/2018

Kathleen O.

I was so pleased with the communication for each step of the repair work. The finish work by Wilson was excellent. They took the time to have missing moulding custom made for us.

Description of Work
Repair and painting of rotted wood eaves/soffit over large entry stairs- front of building. Also replacement of roof shingles and wrought iron painting over entry vestibule.

Category remodeling, roofing, home builders

11/20/2018

Emily K.

We had an emergency leak after a big storm and I called NMTI and spoke with Juan. He sent Ramon out to take a look and he immediately identified the solution and gave us a few options for patching it or doing more extensive work since he noticed it had been patched in the past by previous owners. I called on a Monday, they looked at it Tuesday and had the job scheduled and completed on Thursday so it was a quick turnaround time. We really appreciated that since it was about to snow that same night! The job was done quickly and professionally!

Description of Work
Our roof was leaking into the house

11/19/2018

Kathryn R.

The work they was nice, they did a good job and they worked very well, they made sure that I was happy with the result after the work has been done, they were reliable and they came on time when they said they would. The workers were nice and showed up on time.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen floor, and replaced 4 windows in the basement

Category remodeling

11/17/2018

Chris C.

They fixed it promptly

Description of Work
Roof patch

Category remodeling, roofing

11/16/2018

Sean D.

Very responsive. Excellent communication which is very critical to what I do. Very flexible with scheduling. Very happy with them. Extremely satisfied with our business relationship.

Description of Work
General construction. From demotionlition to building decks, addition, foundation, drywall painting.

Category decks, drywall, remodeling

11/16/2018

Pirelli P.

The entire process was excellent. Juan is a top notch guy with solid employees. The workplace was always neat and the work done on time and as specified

Description of Work
Framing, siding, roofing

Category picture framing, roofing, siding

10/03/2018

Jennifer H.

I will will highly recommend and continue to use them.

Description of Work
Roof Repairs and Remodeling

Category remodeling, roofing

09/25/2018

JOE K.

Many thanks to Mr. Juan and Mr. Ramon who managing their company for amazing job, My leaking old roof for many years is finally new. This company I could refer to anybody for any reason quality, reasonable and always on time. Lucky to get them and thanks through the web we find their company

Description of Work
Roof and attic demolition then rebuild complete attic and roof...

Category picture framing, masonry, roofing, siding, home builders