Coach House Garages

Founded 1973 • With Angi since July 2005

Serving Central Indiana

Central Indiana, IN 46204

Multi-year Super Service Award Winner; NOT JUST A GARAGE… IT’S AN EXTENSION OF YOUR LIFE Whether it’s a structure for your vehicles, a space for your hobby, a playroom for your children, or a sanctuary from the outside world, we understand the impact and importance your Coach House will have in your life. You want a building that compliments and enhances your home, and brings value for years to come. You can count on your Coach House team to listen to your needs, and create the perfect building to fit your unique vision....

10/16/2019

BETH K.

First and foremost, Coach House builds an excellent garage. They use their employees, and it was put up in one day. The issue is with their sub contractors -specifically the concrete and electrical. The rainy spring delayed the pouring of the concrete, which they could not help. Once they completed the pour, it appeared as though there were rough spots on the floor. I sent pictures to my sales person and his sales manager and was told it was concrete dust. The ridges were clearly visible in the picture. Then I was told it was discoloration and would “cure” over time. No one came out to visually inspect the issue until much later in the build project. Weeks later, the crew came out to do the build and they did a great job. Punctual, thorough, and as mentioned, built a very nice garage. Then we waited for the electrical. They had to make three trips because, 1st they did not have the correct PVC pipe after digging the trench. A week and half later, after having a deep trench left open, they returned. The journeyman electrician left the fuse box ajar, a 1/4” gap where they cut the drywall, the exterior lights on either side of the garage were hung at different heights (I had clearly marked them with masking tape as instructed by the salesperson) and screwed the base of the lights directly into the garage wall vs. using the brackets that were provided. At this point, our frustration level was pretty high. The electrical issues were fixed, and my sales person finally came out to look at the concrete. Realizing there truly was an issue with the concrete, their first solution was for us to have an epoxy floor put down. Second solution was to go halves on an epoxy floor. Neither option was acceptable as we should not have to pay for their mistake. They finally offered to take care of the floor at their cost, but at this point, we had already waited for 4 months for the garage to be complete, and frankly did not want any more of their subcontractors to do any work. After much back and forth, we finalized the invoice. Again, the garage itself is great, but there were too many issues involved with the rest of it.

Description of Work
We wanted a one and a half car garage across the driveway from our garage attached to the house.

Category garage builders

It was our pleasure and many thanks go out to all our customers for choosing Coach House Garages. As always there is room for improvement and we continually work with our subs on any issues that arise. In cases like this where we have a few issues to address the important thing to note is that we will always make it right. Our referrals and customer satisfaction are always top priority. Thank you. Coach House Garages

06/01/2019

D Kent H.

Good job. They were on time. Finished the job on time. Very professional. I would give them A+. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Put up a two-car extra high garage with storage.

Category garage doors

03/22/2019

Julia G.

They did an excellent job. They were expensive, but you get what you pay for. The building inspector of the city said this was the best built garage he had ever inspected. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They built a garage for me.

10/30/2018

Bud B.

My wife and I decided to replace our dilapidated one-car garage with a modern two-car garage. We chose to work with Coach House Garages and could not be happier with our garage and our customer service experience! Having never been involved in a construction project before, the idea of building a new garage was intimidating. We found Coach House Garages here on Angie’s List and contacted them to get a little information. We soon met with Jeff Grummer and after that meeting, we knew we found our builder. We could not have asked for a better partner to work with than Jeff. He was extremely knowledgable, accessible, never pushy and was quite patient (as we had a lot of questions and no understanding of process or timelines). Jeff guided us through the inevitable ebbs and flows, from variances and permits to tear down and construction. When we hit a couple challenges, Jeff helped us navigate the issues and keep the job on track. We were...and are...impressed with the quality of our new garage and the professionalism of Jeff and the entire Coach House Garage team. We would highly recommend them to anyone considering building a new garage.

Description of Work
Construction of a two-car garage

09/14/2018

MARK F.

Jeff was very easy to work with. He walked us through all the steps. There are so many options to create a one of a kind garage or a basic one. The quality is exceptional. We are extremely pleased.

Description of Work
Tore down old detached garage, replace with new pad and garage

Category garage builders

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words and your business. Enjoy your new garage.

01/02/2018

David D.

Just now getting to this review that is long overdue. I hired Coach House to construct a detached 14'x22' garage for my dream woodworking shop. In short, the project from start to finish went extremely well and I am very pleased with the end result. Let me preface this review by saying that I am a very tough customer who doesn't tolerate inferior quality. Jeff Grummer, who served as the project manager and designer was very professional and easy to work with. He listened to my needs and delivered exactly what I wanted. The construction process was amazing. At 7:00 am on build day, a team of six pulled up to our house with a flat-bed semi. By 9:00 am the structure was up and by the end of the day it was roofed, sided, and completely enclosed. The cost per square foot for my garage was probably higher than most as I had some very significant electrical and other unique requests. I would use Coach House again in a heartbeat. Please note, the garden gates and garage pergola/overhang shown in the photos were added by the homeowner.

Description of Work
Added a single-car, detached garage to be used as a woodworking shop.

12/21/2017

Cindy W.

We had a 24' X 30' detached garage built for us complete with electrical service. We are very pleased with the craftsmanship and quality of the garage. Our salesman was at the job site each phase of the project for the entire day with the subcontractors. The area was graded and raised (we have a sloped backyard) in one day, the concrete was poured on another day and the garage was built on another day. Because these garages are built in a factory and put together like a puzzle, everything is perfectly aligned and completely sealed. No critters or bugs will be able to get in. Our salesman Jeff, went above and beyond to address all of our questions and handled everything in a timely manner. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
24' x 30' detached garage built

11/22/2017

Michael W.

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I called originally in early October to get a quote to demolish and rebuild a single car detached garage. After several days there was no response so I called again, explained I had not received a response and was told by the receptionist she would make it a top priority that I would get a return call. Almost another month went by and I had given up. I was eventually contacted by Jeff Rayburn and told that my communication was "lost in space" and he wanted to meet and give me an estimate for the work. We set up a date and time to come out when I was off work and I waited for several hours and he never showed up or left a message explaining why he didn't show. At this point I have no trust in this company and would definitely not use them to do any work for me.

Description of Work
Detached garage demolition and rebuild.

Category garage builders

Mr. [Member Name Removed] is disappointed and understandable so. We had the appointment set for a couple of weeks and unfortunately I became extremely busy the day before Thanksgiving preparing for our guests. I Spaced the meeting date and time and missed our visit with Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Certainly my error. I called and left a message with Mr. [Member Name Removed] apologizing for missing our scheduled time. I assured Mr. [Member Name Removed] that Coach House Garages is a quality provider and his disappointment with me should not discourage him from dealing with Coach House. I would be happy to help or we could provide another representative to discuss our product offering. Thanks Jeff Rabourn Coach House Garages

09/20/2017

Jerry C.

Awesome! I contacted Coach House (after getting bids from several others) and once I spoke with Jeff Rabourne I knew I had a professional organization. From start to finish it was handled with the utmost professionalism. Jeff came to my home and he immediately did a survey of the property and space. I have 2 trees in back for shade (Red Oak and Black Locust) and I didn't want to lose them. After careful measurements we decided an 18 by 32 garage would suit my needs and fit in between the trees. Jeff and I then discussed garage doors, service doors and electrical. We needed to build up the concrete slab above grade so it would run off and not into the garage. After I had all my answers I told Jeff 'congratulations' and they had my business. Jeff was onsite during all the major phases of the build to answer questions and make sure everything proceeded as planned. Jeff also took care of all the permits and worked closely with the city to make certain that no issues arose. Slab went in, the pre-built garage was built to exact specs and delivered onsite. They had the garage up in less than a day. Next the electrical contractor completed the work inside the house (I needed a new service panel). I also had the electrician work with me on some wiring inside the home for my home theatre room. Pritt Electric then trenched, laid conduit and got the garage all wired. They installed electrical outlets, lights and the garage door opener in one day. I had no issues with any permit inspections by the city and Rod from Shelbyville even asked how I found out about Coach House because it was some of the best work he has seen. I need to wait for another week or so for the gutters and downspouts (I picked a different color) but the garage is fully functional, dry, wired and ready for decades of trouble-free service. Thank you Jeff and Coach House! Jerry

Description of Work
Add an unattached garage which included concrete pour and electrical.

07/19/2017

kevin B.

I love it. They were about 2 weeks ahead of schedule because of the rain. They did it in one day, it was a per- built garage and brought it in and dropped it on the slab they poured a week before. We use it as a shed for the tractor and the like. There were 3 guys that did it and they were very efficient and were out of her the same day. They added extra outlets over work bench area at no charge.

Description of Work
They built a garage for us.

07/19/2017

kevin B.

They were $800.00 under other companies on estimates.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate for a garage.

06/02/2017

Ross S.

I cannot recommend Coach House highly enough, mainly because of our interaction with our sales rep, Dan. He was the most responsive, helpful, and all around nicest gentleman we worked with through our whole home remodeling process. We hit several snags along the process due to permits with the city and having to move power lines over to satisfy IPL. Dan handled everything from start to finish, and kept us informed each step of the way. He was always happy to answer any questions we had, and came out many times to double check things and make sure we were all on the same page. If you are even remotely considering building a garage, give him/them a call, you won't regret it. Dan, thanks again! Stop by anytime!

Description of Work
Coach house built us a 24 x 24 detached two-car garage.

04/01/2017

Stephen R.

It went well with Jeff. He was responsive and gave us a bid quickly. Unfortunately we had issues with underground utilities placement. So we did not build. I would recommend Jeff for quality and ability to control the construction process.

Description of Work
We were wanting a garage built on existing property.

03/13/2017

steven B.

The project went very will no complaints at all.

Description of Work
New Garage

11/27/2016

Duane N.

This was my best experience with a contractor ever! I worked with Dan Coyle from Coach House who jumped through all the hoops associated with building a garage in a historic neighborhood (Woodruff Place). He kept me well informed on the progress. Once all the permissions were obtained, the garage went up in a day. Dan even arranged for a fence contractor to join the remaining fencing with the garage so that everything would be secure. I am absolutely delighted with the result and I recommend Coach House enthusiastically!

Description of Work
I had Coach House build a two car garage.

09/20/2016

Diane M.

Fantastic! Jeff Grummer was super to work with and we felt like he always had our best interest in mind. Coach House does quality work in a very efficient manner and we are thrilled with our new garage. When we had some extra work we wanted done, it was handled immediately and without any problem. We loved them and would highly recommend Coach House! We could not be happier with the whole experience!

Description of Work
Garage built

12/28/2015

Sally H.

After taking multiple estimates to demo our old one car garage and building a new two car garage, Coach House not only came in with the lowest bid, but also with a bid that included more amenities (better quality siding, a better overhead door, more electrical outlets). We couldn't be happier with the end result. The quality of work is top notch. The crew were very fast, clean, and professional. Our sales rep, Jeff Grummer, was very helpful and professional in walking us through the process. We would highly recommend Coach House. Thanks Guys!!!!

Description of Work
Coach House garages tore down or old one car garage and built us a new two car garage.

11/28/2015

GINNY E.

We could not ask for better service. There was no garage at all on the property. Coach House leveled the ground and oversaw the laying of the foundation of the garage; then---in one day--the garage was built. What a treat to watch the builders. Dan Coyle was the best to work with. He directed us to how to finance the garage. He was very professional and we really appreciated his patience with us as we decided on the design of the garage. Dan also was excellent in communicating what the next steps would be during the entire process.

Description of Work
Built a 2 car garage.

06/15/2015

JANET O.

I first met with Coach House rep Jeff Grummer in October of 2014. I had an idea of what I wanted. Jeff worked with me to describe the different options Coach House offers. The garage was planned and contracts signed. Jeff handled the city permits and ordered the different phases of demolition and construction work to be done. I wanted some additional work that was not provided by Coach House. I contracted that work on my own. Coach House did a very nice professional job. Communication from them was good. They returned to fix a couple of problems with no issues.

Description of Work
Demolished existing 20x20 garage and built new 30x40 garage.

10/04/2014

STUART G.

We worked with Jeff Grummer who provided us the third bid for a garage, and we decided to go with him. There were several things that made the experience was exceptional: 1) The design and estimate process was very quick and completely transparent. Unlike the other builders I talked to, who took weeks to get me an estimate, Jeff constructed one for us on the spot. The reason he was able to do this is that coach house is a good sized and specialized operation with a standard pricing strategy. Jeff comes with a notebook that has pricing for basic garages and details for pricing various options and add-ons. We knew immediately what the various options were costing us so that we could consider the various options (like roof style and pitch, kinds of joists, # of windows, door type, etc). While they start from a standard model, they will clearly build anything you want. Jeff was willing to help with small details, like appropriate blocking so we could install a basketball hoop. To save money, we ended up painting the garage ourselves, and Jeff offered helpful advice on how to do it. Jeff also provided us with lots of helpful advice about work that he was not doing. He helped us think through grading and drainage issues related to our driveway and patio, and to set the garage appropriately given the larger context. He also ended up referring us to a couple of very good options for work on our driveway. 2) The price was significantly lower (20%) than one of my builders (who I'm sure would have built a great garage) and 10% lower than another builder -- who was one I probably wouldn't have chosen because of concerns about quality and timeliness. They 3) Jeff was very helpful in handling permits and variances. We are in an old Meridian Kessler neighborhood and needed to build close to our property lines. Our other builders told us either (a) that we could figure it out, but that they didn't do variances, or (b) don't bother, the city won't allow it. Jeff told us otherwise. For a fee (around $1000 + county fees), Jeff was willing to take care of all paperwork, attend the hearings, etc. Jeff also explained the variance process to us, so that we could try to work through the bureaucracy ourselves. We chose to have him do it, and he got it done as quickly as possible. 4) The building process was remarkably quick and efficient. They tore down an old garage in a day, poured a slab the next, and came back in three weeks to put up the garage. Coach house pre-fabs wall sections in a factory, and they all arrive on a truck. The garage was completed in about a day and 1/2. I would highly recommend Jeff and Coach House to anyone building a garage.

Description of Work
Built a 24 x 26 garage

09/29/2014

Meredith M.

Jeff at coach house garages coordinated a streamline and efficient process. From the concrete work to the actual structure going up, we've been so pleased through out the entire process. We Highly recommend using coach house garages!

Description of Work
Built an awesome garage!

07/16/2014

Teresa C.

The garage went together extremely fast. The garage crew was fantastic. The concrete crew had to redo part of the floor since it was out of measurement. After the contractor came and looked at it he sent them back out. Only thing was he didn't bother to let us know there was an error. We found out when the concrete crew showed up to fix it. I'll submit pictures when I figure out how.

Description of Work
Built a 24x48 detached garage. Two overhead doors, two regular doors and two windows.

05/06/2014

Deidre F.

We had an excellent experience working with Jeff at Coach house garage. He was friendly, professional and very helpful with the design of our garage. He always kept us in the loop through the whole building process - not easy when using sub contractors. We are very pleased with the quality of our garage. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Poured concrete slab and built a one story garage with vinyl siding and hip roof. Garage door and opener included.

03/17/2014

Lisa M.

Due to the winter weather, we have not done much yet. But Jeff is was very prompt in returning our calls, very friendly and knowledgeable. Its a big job so once we figured out where it will go and had a couple trees removed, we had snow for 2 1/2 months! The drawings, estimates and permits are done and we think the prep work will start this week. They have to remove a concrete basketball pad and goal and then they will do whatever they can as the weather permits. SO FAR, we are very happy with Jeff and Coach House. We can't wait to get it done and I'll be back with a final review in a month or so. ***** UPDATE ***** The job is complete or should I say the jobS are complete! We could not be happier with our custom Coach House garage and with everything involved with Coach House Garages! Jeff, the head dude, is a great guy, knows his stuff, knows his people and provided excellent customer service. In fact, every person that came onto our property having to do with Coach House Garages was polite, incredibly skilled, knowledgeable, and very patient with our interruptions and questions and additions! They started putting it up early on a Thursday morning, on Saturday it was painted and Monday the electrical was done to our specifications! It was amazing to watch them work and it would have been done sooner but once again, the weather held us up a little! THANK YOU JEFF AND COACH HOUSE GARAGES FOR A BEAUTIFUL, QUALITY BUILDING. We highly recommend Coach House Garages for your project.

Description of Work
Will build a 2 1/2 car detached garage This is an update. The garage has been completed along with a bunch of other stuff we added! Concrete sidewalks, gravel driveway, (move the driveway!)

02/11/2014

Greg H.

It was a fair price. They did an excellent job. They put it up in one day. I never had scheduling issues. If I have a building like that to build again, then I might use them again.

Description of Work
I hired Coach House Garages to build a garage.