AAA Pool Service Inc.

Founded 1997 • With Angi since January 2009

149 S Wheeling Rd

Wheeling, IL 60090

A family-owned and operated business, AAA Pool Service is in its third generation of providing inground pool service, openings, closings and weekly pool maintenance for the North Shore and Western Suburbs of the Chicagoland area. We are a mid-sized pool maintenance company that works to uphold old-fashioned business values: we answer the phone when you call, we’re always polite and friendly, we always show up on time and we never overbook our appointments....

07/16/2019

Michelle R.

This company acted extremely unprofessional with no concern for our families safety. They did not check the pool water before adding chemicals to the pool leaving the pool unusable for the holiday weekend. Thank goodness I had checked the levels before and after their visit. We spent our time and money purchasing additives to bring the chlorine levels down to a safe level. When I contacted them about it Tyler didn’t want to correct their actions or do the right thing. I do not recommend this company

Description of Work
Had algae issue with pool needed them to make sure we were on the correct path to correction

Category pool cleaners

Mrs. [Member Name Removed] hired us to help her with her neglected, cloudy/green pool. We arrived on time, the day she requested. A full water analysis was done along with an inspection of the pool equipment and all information was reported back to our office. The chemicals were out of balance (chlorine level zero), and the filter pressure was 25 pounds past the clean cycle (neglected). We were hired to get the pool clean and swimable again, which we did within 24 hours. We shocked the pool, balanced the chemicals, and changed the cartridges. The pool was clear the following day. Was the chlorine level high, yes, of course it was, as we had to SHOCK the pool to kill the algae. This is to be expected after finding the pool in such disrepair. It's impossible to clear up a cloudy, algae filled pool, without shocking it with chlorine. In all of my years in this business, I've never had a customer write a bad review, and send nasty emails to my staff for clearing up their green pool within 24 hours.... Pat Downes Owner

08/21/2018

Sharon G.

Put it off until spring

Description of Work
Resurfacing pool

10/05/2015

Lee B.

They are tidy, reliable, and responsive when we have issues. I needed educating on managing my pool and they did that very well. Billing is via email and always fair. You need to ask how much repairs will cost ahead of time. Some repairs or equipment swaps were done with my knowledge, but I didn't know the cost until I got the bill.

Description of Work
Weekly cleaning and chemical check service, monitor equipment and manage filter cleaning.

07/09/2015

Arnie F.

Description of Work
Pat and his guys do a great job - they open and close my pool as well as maintenance. They also cam up with a good solution to refinishing my pool. |

03/24/2014

JOHN & ANNE C.

Patrick and everyone with AAA Pool Service have been nothing but prompt, professional and helpful. We initially called them with some algae issues in our pool last year - I emailed them with a service request at 9pm. Patrick was out the next day in the morning and had a service technican out later that day to help clear our water. They are a bit expensive, but all chemicals are included in the weekly price and I think it is still worth every penny. We have had plenty of and quot;fly by nightand quot; cheap pool service companies who don't have a clue what they are doing. AAA Pool Service is definitely not that kind of business. They upgraded our pool control system last year, installed it well and gave us a fair price.

Description of Work
We started using AAA Pool Service midday through the summer in 2013 as we were unhappy with the pool service company we were using at the time. We have since used them for weekly maintenance, some pool upgrades and pool closing at the end of 2013. We will be using AAA Pool Service for our 2014 service as well.

05/02/2012

gabriel T.

I liked their service. They're really helpful. I had a lot of questions, and they answered them all.

Description of Work
I used them for pool service.

03/14/2011

Matt B.

The work went fine overall and I guess I have no complaints. They are definitely on the mark for the service that they provide. They are expensive compared to other people.

Description of Work
I used AAA Pool Service last fall. They just closed my swimming pool for the season.

11/11/2009

Michael F.

Harry and his son Pat have provided our pool care for over 7 years. When we discovered AAA Full Line Pool Service we were in need of a new pool service company due to a horrible experience with a previous pool care company. Harry calmed our nerves and took charge. He evaluated our short term and long term needs and provided a plan to make it all work. I cannot say enough about Harry, Pat, and the crew that take care of us. Service calls are immediately responded to. Last minute requests to help out with service when we go on vacation are never a problem. They are always watching out for our best interests and making suggestions for improved quality and cost savings regarding chemicals, self mainatance ideas, etc. I only wish we had given up on our previous provider and discovered AAA Full Line Pool Service sooner. They are so good with customer relationships. They always take the time to explain in great detail the service they have provided. They have taught us much about the way the pool operates - questions the previous provider didn't have time for. I highly recommend AAA Full Line Pool Service.

Description of Work
AAA Full Line Pool Service provides complete pool care, maintanance and repair. They provide opening and closing services for our inground pool. They also provide seasonal maintanance throughout the summer.

10/24/2009

Lee C.

AAA Pool is exactly what you want from a "pool service provider". We have used them since we built or pool 5 years ago. Through the years we have always owned homes with pools, and have used many pool services, and even one summer opted to use our teenage son (disaster when he let Black Algae develop). Previously we never kept a service more than 1 or 2 seasons, but AAA has never let us down ! We know that they will show up the same time, the same day all summer. If their is a specific problem, they call me on my cell if my wife isn't home to deal with it. My pool water looks fantastic, and my plaster is smooth as new, which is not the case when I see other pools in the area. Harry Downes originally recommended a specific cover to protect the pool through winter, I'm glad I went with his choice, every spring since, my water is almost swimmable when they remove it. I wanted to convert to a Salt Water Chlorine Generator, Pat and Harry Downes, researched them, went to classes on them, became a distributor for the best manufactures, and installed one for me. Most pool services won't sell or install them because they can't sell as many pool chemicals. I would never even think of using any other pool service, as they could not be better in any way !!!!!!

Description of Work
Serviced pool for final time this year. Winterized pool. Took Polaris, Salt Water Chlorinator, Filters etc. for winter refurbishment.

Above ground pools, stand alone hot tubs or spas

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about AAA Pool Service Inc.

How is AAA Pool Service Inc. overall rated?

AAA Pool Service Inc. is currently rated 4.5 overall out of 5.

What days are AAA Pool Service Inc. open?

AAA Pool Service Inc. is open:

What payment options does AAA Pool Service Inc. provide

AAA Pool Service Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does AAA Pool Service Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, AAA Pool Service Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does AAA Pool Service Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, AAA Pool Service Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does AAA Pool Service Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, AAA Pool Service Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by AAA Pool Service Inc.?

Yes, AAA Pool Service Inc. offers warranties.

What services does AAA Pool Service Inc. offer?

AAA Pool Service Inc. offers the following services: Weekly maintenance, openings, closings, re-tiling and tile repair, paint, re-plaster, winter covers, inspections, leak detection, install and repair pumps, filters, heaters, salt generators, polaris cleaning systems & automated controls.

Are there any services AAA Pool Service Inc. does not offer?

Above ground pools, stand alone hot tubs or spas