Excel Windows

Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection
11/15/2012

7413 Duvan Dr

Tinley Park, IL 60477

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

At Excel Windows, we take pride in the fact that we’ve supplied quality home improvement products with exceptional customer service throughout Chicago and the Chicagoland suburbs for the last 42 years. Offering the best in Chicago Replacement Windows, Doors, Siding, Acrylic & Cultured Stone Bath Remodel. ...

window replacement (73)door installation (13)siding companies (2)gutter repair (2)bathtub refinishing (2)home remodeling (1)egress window (4)insulation (1)

10/01/2020

James K.

In progress, used them in the past for other windows very satisfied.

Description of Work
Windows & doors replaced

Category bathtub refinishing,replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

06/24/2020

Bill M.

The results are really nice, but just took too long to complete, otherwise our project would have been rated "A". The process started in late September 2019 when we were asking for estimates. We really liked working with Teresa and selected Excel for the project in November 2019. We got scheduled for January 6th, 2020 to start a project which was to take 2 to 3 weeks. Roman did the remodel and he was fantastic. Great workmanship and easy to schedule with. While 95% of the project was completed in three weeks, delays with the walk-in shower glass and the linen closet doors pushed that remaining 5% completion out weeks. Covid-19 then added to the delays. The linen closet doors were finally delivered on May 5th, 2020. We are happy with the end result, even after the delays.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of master bath and surface remodel of guest bath

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Review for Excel Windows - 7413 Duvan Dr, Tinley Park, IL - 38667517

03/08/2020

O C.

Excel, did an excellent job answering our million questions and was courteous. We had an issue that wasn't Excel's fault. My wife wanted the patio doors that has the blinds inside the window. But the last update that Excel received from our village was it doesn't meet code. So we had to go with the regular patio doors. So once the windows and patio door was replaced, the village had to approve it. So as the village inspector was doing his job, I took it upon myself to ask why the village doesn't allow patio doors with blinds inside the windows. The inspector informed me that we can, the particular code was changed some time back. Excel wasn't aware of the change, so we immediately called Excel informing them of what we just heard. Excel without hesitation got us the windows that my wife originally wanted. Excel made my wife happy, which made me happy later on that night & that night our patio doors were changed to the ones she wanted!!! Thanks Excel!!

Description of Work
6 windows replaced & our patio door replace.

Category replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

03/08/2020

Sana A.

Absolutely amazing I only rated B on price bc this stuff is expensive anywhere you go.. but I will say as we're nearing the end of my project I feel like I got a massive bargain.. my home is very old & this extremely polite respectful crew went above & beyond to make sure everything was done right. Usually you either get quality work or a courteous crew, Excel managed to have it all! I'm extremely happy with every aspect

Description of Work
Windows & Siding

Category egress windows,gutter repair,insulation,siding,replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/08/2020

10/11/2018

Kevin D.

As a teacher, I hoped to get the replacement of 6 windows in my condominium done over the summer. The first week school was out, I booked 6 places to get quotes. I decided to go with Excel windows after my meeting with Brian because there was an emphasis on quality service and there were no negative reviews available online. I booked on the spot and cancelled the other two quotes I had coming the following days. My contract was signed May 29th, and I was told the project would be done typically in 6-8 weeks but due to the summer it would possibly be 10 weeks. I had 11 weeks left so I felt comfortable in not having to take off work unnecessarily. A week later they sent the person to do measurements for the windows. July 16th I contacted Brian to see if there was any update as I hadn’t heard anything, I never got a response from him. The following day however, I got an email from the General Manager Julie, stating that the windows were in manufacturing process and due to weather they are a little behind but to feel free to contact her. On July 26th, I contacted her to get any update I could, as I was hoping to have the project done by August 13th. She explained that the windows were still in manufacturing but if I called her Tuesday she should have a better update. When I called Tuesday, she was on a call, so I left a message and got no response. I called Wednesday, August 1st, and spoke to her. Her immediate comment was that she told the sales manager (no name given) to call me Tuesday, and asked if he had not. I noted that he didn’t, and that I had left a message with her as well. She asked if the number I was calling from would be best to reach me in 2 minutes while she goes to get him, I said yes. He never called. I called Thursday, now irritated by having to continue to call them while in the 9th week of this job. I was transferred to Steve, the Director of Operations. Steve informed me that he was not sure why no one had told me and that he hated to bring bad news, but that Excel could not do the job because this was a commercial property and they are not insured for commercial properties. I explained to Steve how infuriating this was, as I had never been made aware, and had been contacting the company for 2 weeks while being told they were in the manufacturing process. Additionally, Excel had opened a credit line for the job despite them not being able to perform the work. After complaining about this service, Steve offered to come reassess the job and try to work things out. Steve came out the 2nd of August, and after some discussion, Excel said they would do the job as promised, and put a rush order on the work, as well as a Saturday installation so that I would not need to take off work. I gave the contact information for them to get the approval. After waiting three weeks, I contacted my association and they approved the job on that day, and sent the approval to Excel (August 28th). I was not contacted by anyone from Excel, so I contacted Steve September 4th, and he said he would check the status for me. I also asked if they would be doing anything about the initial price, as I had been doing all of the communication for the job, and had waited far over the initial job, to which Steve said he would definitely look into what they could do price wise. Steve did not get back to me, so I tried calling him September 10th (now 15 weeks into the job). He returned my call and told me the windows are scheduled to be coming in that following Monday (September 17th). I was not contacted that week of September 17th, so once again reached out on Friday September 21st to ask if there was any update. Steve called me and told me that the production team should be calling me either Saturday or Monday. I contacted Steve Tuesday at 12:22pm explaining that I was trying to be patient but hadn’t heard from the production team, and at this point it had been a full 17 weeks since my contract was signed. Steve told me he would manage setting things up himself, and text me Thursday 27th to set up installation for October 6th. I approved, and asked if they had finalized a price yet, with no response. Wednesday, October 3rd, I asked if I should post a sign for other residents to be aware that the main entrance would be closed off, and if a price had been put together. He said he would try to get more done with the price and discuss with me on Saturday. The installation team showed up a bit late, but not drastically. They spent a total of about 9 hours doing the windows. On Sunday, Steve asked how things went, and I said they look great. He told me he would have a final price together Monday. Monday morning, I woke up to the window company at my window (three stories up), while I was lying in bed undressed. The curtains were closed of one set of windows that look over my bed, but the other window curtains were open, and I had no idea that they were coming back, or why they were back. More concerning, there was a large storm Sunday (in between their visits) which makes me curious as to what work needed to be completed. Tuesday, my credit card got charged the original price, and I asked Steve about it. He called to inform me that he would be willing to send a reimbursement check for $250 of the original $5931. I informed him that and effective 4% off, is insulting considering the work was done over 18 weeks later, and at almost no point had anyone from their company followed up with any step of the process. The original offer made by Steve was for a “rush order”, which I still waited 9.5 weeks later for the job. I noted how displeased I was with the service, and Steve said that at the end of the day I got quality windows that were installed properly, and that I had said that I was happy with the job (referring to when I said the windows look great). I noted to him how that was Sunday, and since then I had grown irritated with the fact that the window company had returned, nearly violated my privacy, and had not actually completed the job (the job initially called for the rescreening of my patio door at no cost). He noted that he wasn’t aware that the rescreening was part of the job (it is very clearly noted on the sales order). We discussed lowering the price more, and completing the rescreening of the door, and Steve said he would get back to me Wednesday around the same time (the call Tuesday was at 4). I contacted Steve on Wednesday at 4:45, as I wanted to be done thinking about the windows. He said he’d like to come pick up the door (to rescreen it) and discuss the price. I told him I was no longer interested in having them rescreen the door as I truly just wanted to separate from the company.

Description of Work
2 sliding windows and 4 picture windows

Category egress windows,replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/06/2018

10/09/2018

Sandra C.

Excel Windows and Bath are extremely professional and customer oriented. From the moment the sales person came to the door to the installation was finished, they were there to assure everything was done correctly. The product was a good value for the product, and when I need windows again I will definitely call them. I would rehire them for tub to shower but only had one that needed converted.

Description of Work
Tub to shower conversion.

Category bathtub refinishing,replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

09/30/2018

Gregoire M.

The work looks amazing. Mike did a fantastic job and showed up on time. He was very professional and reasonably priced. I'm extremely happy with the work done. This makes a huge difference at my property.

Description of Work
I got windows tinted at my property. I Did about 15 windows.

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

09/26/2018

Patricia P.

From the very beginning I was thoroughly pleased with everyone I worked with, Salesman, window removal and re-installation of new windows by craftsman and everyone involved! If I had a question concerning the contract or installation questions, all were answered in a timely manner to me by my Salesman, Steve Churma. He was well versed in the product as well as all of the procedures necessary for this project and that was truly appreciated. I would recommend this company to anyone that might require new windows at any time.

Description of Work
Replacement of all Townhome windows

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

06/06/2018

RYAN S.

Salesman was great. Not too pushy. We had a baby due within a month so we had to get moving. They promised they could get it done before the baby came and they pushed to get the windows in asap and got them installed with a few weeks to spare. I researched these guys through Angie's list and it was the right move. If you are debating between a couple companies be confident these guys will do a great job. We put down $1000 and financed the remaining $2000. They basically opened up a 1 yr no interest wells fargo credit card for the $2000. The installers were on time and it took 3 guys 3 hours to do 5 bedroom windows. The installers were very professional and courteous and didn't leave any mess whatsoever. They were conscious of the dust that can be created during installation and covered everything near the windows in the room with plastic. We got the least expensive windows they had and the price was a little more than I thought it would be but well worth it after all was said and done. Windows look great and had an overall great experience with this company. Do your research and you can find companies that deserve the work and wont rip you off.

Description of Work
5 bedroom windows installation

Work Completed On 06/06/2018

04/18/2018

Mary C.

Very well they were on time and left everything very clean. Great job.

Description of Work
10 windows

Work Completed On 04/17/2018

REPLACEMENT: Windows (vinyl, wood & fiberglass), Doors, Baths (acrylic, cultured marble and onyx), Walk-in-Tubs & Siding

Glass block windows & Window Repair