Organizing Options of Illinois

Founded 2009 • With Angi since March 2013

5111 Brummel St

Skokie, IL 60077

We are estate liquidators servicing Chicago, it's suburbs and Northern Indiana! We Advise, Organize, Donate & Sell Your Stuff. Whether it's the passing of a loved one, the changing needs of an aging parent, or just moving to a smaller home, we can help you manage your belongings so they aren't managing you. Running your Estate/House Sale is just one service we have to offer. We provide customized organizing strategies and downsizing solutions that best fit your needs....

05/24/2020

JOHN M.

I was overwhelmed! I had my own stuff, plus stuff from my parents home that I inherited. OMG, the STUFF! Antiques, silver, books out the whazoo. What to do! Mara came in, quickly surveyed the scene and laid out a game plan. Using her recommended vendors, I did most of the work, but she handled things I knew nothing about - like how to shed silverware and antiques. What mover to use. Who was the most dependable junk hauler. A few months later, I moved. Still with too much stuff, but that was my fault. Mara is a gem and a delightful lady. Just call her and REST EASY. Her fees are very reasonable.

Description of Work
Moving out of state after living in one city for 50 years!

Category home & garage organization,antiques,auction services,home staging

Thank you for sharing your story and posting your review. It was both an honor and a pleasure to work with you on your downsizing and moving project. We are all thrilled that you are happily resettled and enjoying your new home. Please stay safe and healthy.

04/03/2020

Philip G.

Mara at organizing options gave me great advice for our situation. She was extremely helpful.

Description of Work
Estate sale options consultation

Category auction services

Thank you for your kind words. Wishing you and your family all the best as you proceed with your next steps. Stay safe and healthy!

04/17/2019

consuelo S.

We highly recommend Mara and the crew. The challenge of cleaning out my mother-in-law's home in order to get it ready for sale seemed insurmountable so we called Mara. She walked through the home with us, gave us her expert comments as to what she would sell, donate and trash. She guided us through the whole process, and completed the task very quickly once we hired her. The 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home with a basement and garage full of stuff is now completely empty except for a few pieces of furniture for staging. We were stunned to see what she and the crew was able to accomplish. Thank you Mara!

Description of Work
Clearing out an elderly person's home

Category home & garage organization,auction services,home staging

We were honored to assist your family with this project. Thank you for choosing us to assist you and thank you for sharing your experience. We are grateful for your kind words and wish you and your family all the best as you move forward.

03/01/2019

ELLEN S.

Mara couldn't have been better. She was with me every step of the way through an emotional and overwhelming project. First, she assessed what we had and determined what could be auctioned, what could be sold, and what should be donated. She packed up dishes, silver, knick knacks, etc etc. She identified furniture she thought could be sold and arranged to have that picked up by an auction house and a dealer. She is very knowledgeable about what there is a market for, and what there isn't. She removed all the objects she thought she could get auctioned/sold and took them to the appropriate dealers. Then she arranged for junk removers to come and dispose of the rest. They junk removers were very careful and courteous and planned on taking our things to Goodwill. She took her commission from the money we made through auctions and sales. I felt like I had a partner every step of the way, and would not hesitate for a minute to recommend her and use her company again. For the work and effort she put in, I felt her commission was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Help in clearing out my father's apartment after he passed away.

Category home & garage organization,auction services

[Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience working with us. It was a sincere pleasure to assist your family with this project. Sending all our best to your family. Mara

09/18/2017

P B.

We were looking for a medium-sized agency: One large enough to be efficient, but not so large that it's difficult to track progress or where items are going. Mara and her team were the perfect match for us. They were efficient, cleaning the entire house in only 5 days. This was a very large task. It was managed expediciously and well worth the cost. Due to distance, Mara kept us informed of every transaction and donation via email, phone calls and texts. She sought our input multiple times to ensure that items went where we wanted them to go. We were so pleased with the resources (buyers and charities) they had available so that there were no transportation costs for moving those items offsite. The team seemed to adopt our family and were very sensitive to family history and items. They were also sensitive to the items that could be sold or donated, so nothing that could be used again was recycled or trashed. Mara and her team has our complete admiration for their trustworthiness and honesty, transparency, and congeniality! We wish her much continued success and many cumulosic days! Phil and Ruth

Description of Work
This was a 2-1/2 story house with a full basement that had been in the family for nearly 100 years and the last 15 was occupied by a bachelor hoarder. Only paths through the entire house remained. We needed the entire house cleaned out and broom-ready and we were trying to deal with this from 500 miles away.

Category auction services

We were so happy to be a part of your family's historical clean-out and thank you sincerely for choosing us to assist you with this very large task. Finding so many new, appreciative homes for the items that you were not retaining was both fun and rewarding. It was wonderful working with your family and getting to know you all. Thank you so much!

06/07/2017

Nicholas C.

Mara took great care and detail in tackling my issue, even considering we did not strike a deal to work together. I would highly recommend working with Mara for your estate needs.

Description of Work
I needed to have my mother's estate liquidated. There aren't many items there, so we were not able to do business together. However, she made very helpful referrals to more specific buyers that would likely pay for my more valuable items.

Category auction services

We appreciate you taking the time to review us and are very hopeful that the resources we suggested for you can help with the estate items you inherited. Thank you for your very kind words. Wishing you all the best and hope your burdens are much lighter in the near future.

05/29/2017

Ellen P.

The whole team from Organizing Options was wonderful to work with during the process of cleaning out my sister's apartment. I am not from the Chicago area and without their help it would have taken much longer to get her apartment emptied. They arranged for haulers to take away the donations and refuse. They personally took away hazardous materials and disposed of electronics. Mara arranged for buyers to come in and look at the items I had for sale. My sister lived in an apartment two floors up with no elevator and all items had to be carried out down two twisting flights of stairs. Mara even took a bucket of change to turn in for cash, she also went and exchanged some foreign currency my sister had. Mara was very knowledgeable about buyers and because my sister had many books related to her work she told me about a company that would come and take/buy those books. The staff that Mara brought in were extremely hard workers. I was amazed at the amount of work they got done in a very sort time. My sister had a large two bedroom apartment with many closets, bookshelves and cupboards. Everything was sorted and gone thru during 3 - 4 work days over the course of a two week period. The whole team was very sensitive to my feelings during this difficult time. Mara stayed in constant touch with me to keep me informed about buyers, haulers and work dates. By the time we were finished with my sister's apartement I felt like I had made new friends and hated to see them go. I highly recommend this company if you have the need to clean out or organize a home. The cost is going to very according to the size of your project. I paid $75.00 per worker per hour. When items were sold the money went to the company, the money brought in was split 60/40 with the 40% going to Organizing Options. My 60% was subtracted from the money I owed the company. Mara kept good records of the money brought in and went over where we were each time she was at the apartment. I felt the price I paid was very fair given the amount of work that was done.

Description of Work
My sister had passed away and I needed help organizing and cleaning out her apartment.

Category home & garage organization

Thank you for your detailed review and kind words. It was a pleasure for all of us to work with you and your sister on this liquidation project. It was also a pleasure to get to know your family. In the face of this large, daunting and very personal project you all persevered and were instrumental to the success of the clean out. We were thrilled to bring in appreciative buyers - you had many items that will go on to grace the homes of happy new owners. Wishing you and your family all the best!

11/12/2016

Brittany B.

My family had a great experience with Organizing Options! Working with Mara and Brett was a positive experience from start to finish. They were professional, fast, thorough, honest and best of all, they were extremely kind and pleasant throughout the duration of the project. Our family member's home was in hoarder's condition and Organizing Options managed to clear it in 2 days and that was no easy task! Mara & Brett kept us fully informed and updated along the way and never hesitated to answer any of our questions or address any concerns. They found a solution that worked best for our situation and gave their best effort to clearing and selling the estate's contents in record time. They also kept our budget top of mind which gave me full confidence that they really did have our family's best interest in mind. Organizing Options is truly a family company that takes pride in taking great care of other families! We could not have done this without them. If you are looking for an honest company that demonstrates hard work and respect for a reasonable price, look no further!

Description of Work
I needed to have a family member's estate cleaned out so that the family could sell it. The home was packed full of 40 years worth of belongings and was too overwhelming of a task for the family to handle.

Category home & garage organization,auction services

We were honored to be chosen by your family to clear out your relative's home. We completely understand the demanding task of coordinating the respectful removal and donation of cherished items while identifying as many sale-able items as possible. We were also so pleased to be able to lower the cost of this large liquidation project because of the amount of items we sold on your behalf. Thank you for your confidence and support during this process. We are thrilled that you can now move forward unencumbered.

11/06/2016

Cindi P.

Mara and her crew showed up on time and jumped into the work immediately. I'm a very organized person and I was impressed by how organized Mara was...as well as her crew. They were efficient, compassionate, fast and worked really hard to clear the house out in less than a day. They did their best to sell as many items as possible, both to the buyer who came to the house and to outside buyers through Mara's contacts and on Craigslist.

Description of Work
My sister was in hospice and I needed to clean out her house in preparation for sale. I lived out of state and wasn't able to spend the time needed to do the job myself. I called Mara and she spent a lot of time on the phone with me, explaining their service. My sister's house wasn't really in their work area but she was willing to work with me. Instead of doing an estate sale which would require a lot of time and many strangers in the house, I elected to sell what we could to a buyer Mara works with and sell other items on Craigslist through her company. The balance of my sister's possessions would be donated to charity (they came to the house) or trashed in the dump (the charity took care of that too).

Category auction services

Thank you for posting a review of our work together. We know we came into your life during a very stressful time. But, working together with you onsite to clear the home in a respectful manner hopefully eased your out of state burden. You were such a bonus and helped us get this done more expediently. Thank you for choosing us to assist you - it was our pleasure to work with you!

10/19/2016

Sherri S.

I contacted the company to see if they would be able to run an estate sale auction. Mara and I spoke. I gave her some information, for which she wanted to review and get back to me. She called me back within an hour. Informed me based on her schedule they were unable to help. Since our schedules would not match up she did the next best thing, gave another company's name and phone that might be able to. Mara then proceed to tell me if they could not help, to call her back she would see what she could do. This is a company that I will keep their number handy for my future needs or my family and friends needs. I know that I would have enjoyed working with them.

Description of Work
Estate Sale for downsizing purposes

Category auction services

Thank you for writing about your experience with our company. It was a pleasure to talk with you and strategize solutions to best fit your needs. We sincerely wish you all the best with your next steps. And, the feeling is mutual, thank you for your very kind words.

Closet Organizing Systems

15 TIME TOP SHELF DESIGN WINNER by CLOSETS MAGAZINE/WOODWORKING NETWORK. Offering custom-designed closet and cabinetry systems, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality workmanship, superior materials, and personalized service on every project.

Montalbano Inc

Please note the phone number given is a masked number and not allowed to accept texts or direct calls. To do so please call 708-409-5100 or 708-774-1946 or email mark@montalbanofurniture.com. Since 1923, we manufacture, refinishing, restoration, reupholstering, custom furniture & sales, bent glass, beveled mirrors & leather tops, & caning. Come and see our restored antiques, antique reproductions, and genuine Capodimonte lamps and giftware from Italy. Solve your heirloom and antique problems with complete restoration. We do not fix, repair or reupholster motion furniture or recliners as well as upholstery, spring, and leather repairs. Bring back the original character of your old masterpieces. Period furniture is our specialty, but not our limitation. Removers and strippers can damage the luster and character of the wood. At Montalbano these are never used. Instead we use a specially formulated thinner to completely dissolve the old finish as if it never existed. The item is then taken apart as necessary, re-glued, repaired, completely hand sanded and prepared for its new twelve step finish which is second to none. We are specialists in water, fire and insurance work. We offer free factory estimates and home estimates are available. Pickup and delivery is available. Our other services offered include; leather replacement and bent glass doors, caning as well as expert reupholstering with our 10,000 piece fabric gallery. Directions:Take 25th Avenue to the side street going west by the corner with the Bearing Company on the North and our white delivery truck on the South. Continue West 2 blocks all the way to the railroad tracks. Then turn left going South and follow the rail road tracks all the way to the middle of the back side of the building, where you will see our entrance door to our factory and warehouse.

UnComplicated Designs LLC

UnComplicated Designs LLC provides online, or "E-Design," residential interior design services. E-Design brings professional design services to everyone at an affordable price. We provide consulting services, floor plans, mood and concept boards, color palettes, and can create a shopping list for you all online. We are able to transform your space into a beautiful and relaxing room that you can't wait to come home to.

Offers by UnComplicated Designs LLC on Angi
    Real Estate Auctions
    Antiques
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Estate liquidation, estate sales, donation coordination, refuse removal, home staging, downsizing guidance, hoarding solutions, space planning, organizing, moving strategies, loose market item valuations & appraisal coordination.