Dupage Tire & Auto Center Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since August 2005

1200 E Roosevelt Rd

Lombard, IL 60148

Goodyear Tire & Service Network Member including nationwide warranty....

06/22/2015

Cindy C.

Excellent service, and they were able to help me the same afternoon I called.

Description of Work
I was worried about my tire pressure -- it seemed low -- and I had purchase tires here. I called and Kyle set up a time that same afternoon for me to come by and have them checked. He greeted me, and immediately came out and put air in all four tires, then invited me to return in a week to check and see if the lowest tire had a slow leak (very possible!). He was personable and professional. When I drove the car, I could immediately see a difference in the ride. This kind of service is yet another reason I'll return here to buy my tires!

Category auto repair

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are here to help with your automotive services. Let us know if you have any other problems. Bob Shanahan Owner

11/24/2013

Catherine F.

For my most recent visit, I called on a Wednesday asking if I could bring my vehicle in on Friday around noon-time for the above requested items and I was quickly put on the schedule for Friday. When I arrived, Kyle and Debbie quickly checked me in, asked me if I would be waiting (I wasn't) and made sure they had the correct contact phone number for me. Kyle called me about 1 1/2 hours later, provided an update, approximate cost, and let me know when my vehicle would be ready. When I arrived to pick up my vehicle it was ready to go and Kyle provided an overview of what items were completed and made an appointment for me to come back to replace the rear springs and check the second location for a leak. Bob also came out and showed me the valve cover gasket that was taken off my vehicle and why it was leaking. I have been bringing my vehicles to DuPage Tire and Auto for well over ten years. Bob and his team have been keeping my cars running well and tell me when the cost of repair is not worth it or when an after-market part is a better deal. In all cases, I am provided the facts and all possible alternatives (using terms a non-automotive person can understand). Last year I moved to Palatine, but continue to bring my vehicles to DuPage Tire and Auto because I know I get great friendly honest service. In all the time I have been bringing my vehicles to DuPage Tire and Auto, Bob, the front staff and the staff in the garage know my name, know my vehicles and I know their names. Employee turn-over is low and I can expect to see the same people there visit after visit.

Description of Work
For my most recent visit; oil change, replace rear wiper blade, replace valve cover gasket, check for additional leaks, degrease the engine (checking for multiple leaks) assess why the vehicle seams to be lower on the passenger side (bad spring which will be replaced at a later date).

Category auto repair

Hello [member name removed], I know that it has been a little while since you posted this review but we would like to personally thank you for your continued loyalty to our business. Repeat customers, like yourself, make a small business successful and we couldn't do it without you and others like you. It means the world to us that, despite moving to another town, you would continue to trust us to take great car of your vehicle. Please feel free to come by anytime and say hello, we'd love to personally thank you for your business and this great review! All the best, Bob

10/14/2013

Michael D.

Went well, other dealer ntb blamed 20,000 wear on alignment they neglected to do. That was why we purchased warranty origin annoy. they did not honor... Will never recommend ntb to another living soul. MD/LD

Description of Work
Replaced tires that a tire dealer in shore wood, il refused to do.

09/16/2013

Cindy C.

Excellent service, personable staff, my tires are very satisfactory, I get a lot done with the free wi-fi and coffee while I wait.

Description of Work
I am always in good hands with DuPage Tire. I use them for anything related to servicing and replacing my tires. The most recent work I had done was having them diagnose and repair three rim leaks in my tires. The cost was reasonable ($60), -- and they always explain what they are doing and make sure the work is completed in the time frame I was told. They have sold me new tires as needed (without pressuring me), rotated my tires, and fixed or replaced damaged or flat tires. The waiting room has delicious coffee K-cup choices, television, and wi-fi. This is the only place I go when I have a flat tire or need my tires rotated!

Category auto repair,car tires

08/26/2012

WINIFRED C.

I was able to take the car in the same day and they were finished in just a couple of hours. I didn't have a way to get back to the store before they closed that day because my husband would get home late. Despite the distance down Roosevelt Rd. from my house, they managed to find me a ride. It was with the owner and his wife returning to the shop from a trip to buy office supplies. They swung by my house and picked me up. We had a nice chat all the way to the shop and I hopped into my car and went home. I will undoubtedly go back when I need the next pair of tires for that car. It was a much more pleasant experience than the last time I bought tires. I didn't have the feeling that they were trying to sell me more than I wanted, and I when I explained what I wanted, they listened.

Description of Work
I went to DuPage Tire & Auto based on their ratings on Angie's List. I asked for advice on what to buy to replace the two front tires on our 1999 Toyota Camry that my daughter drives to and from the University of Illinois (UIUC). I explained that the vehicle already has more than 100,000 miles and I wanted reliable tires but not expensive tires. They recommended a Goodyear tire at about $100 each. That seemed reasonable.

07/05/2012

PAT C.

Bob Shanahan was extremely helpful. He listened to my automobile usage and recommended the safest tires, as I requested. He was professional and personable and very willing to take the time to give me all the information I needed.

Description of Work
Purchased 4 new top-of-the line tires

02/09/2012

HOWARD K.

I was experiencing a noise from the front passenger side of my '07 ford Expedition. A low hum that put a drag on the engine. first it was intermittent, however over a weeks time it happened more often. I took it into DuPage and initially, after examining the front end, they could find nothing apparent. Of course, they could not reproduce the noise. They kept the car overnight so they could listen in the morning, as the sound was most prevalent at first start up. At 8:30 that evening, the phone rings and it was Bob Shanahan, the owner. He sounded very excited! He took the mystery sound as a challenge. He took the car home with him, ran an errand and was driving up and down the road, trying many different things to get the noise to reappear. His call was to exclaim that the noise finally happened. He couldn't identify exactly what it was, but now he had some better clues. The next day they started a search on a national data base that some mechanics subscribe to. After much searching they found a couple of entries with a similar problem. There is a $39.00 solenoid that engages the 4-wheel drive. If left to deteriorate further, the hubs would need to be replaced, a very expensive job. There was also a possibility of a vacuum leak. He called to Ford to get the part and they didn't have one as it was very rare that it failed. Bob disconnected the solenoid so that 4-wheel couldn't engage and I took the car home over the weekend to determine if the noise returned. It didn't. On Monday, they ordered the replacement part. Put it in, and just as a separate precaution tested all of the vacuum lines. Apparently, problem solved! Now I know that the service charge that I paid could in no way cover the time Bob and his mechanics put into this problem. I suspect that a dealership would have charged much more for and for each and every minute spent and in the end, perhaps because of the rarity of the condition, I might have been inconvenienced having to return to the shop over and over until the noise was so persistent that damage was dramatically greater. Bob trains his team to provide customer service to the highest degree. They are patient in explaining every step and alternative and consistently give me the choice in how to proceed. I would not go to another mechanic's shop. (By the way, I bought pizza for everyone for lunch the next day as a thank you.)

Description of Work
Inspection of front end of car and diagnosis of a "mysterious" noise emitting from the front end. Replaced a solenoid and tested all vacuum lines affecting the front end. They also provided transportation to and from my office, I was not inconvenienced at all.

01/26/2012

Gerard O.

-had estimate from dealer -Dupage Tire estimate much less and was able to meet my time-line -no surprises

Description of Work
replaced O2 sensor

11/10/2011

LUCY V.

They have stood behind everything they have done for us. We will work with them again for our tire work. They didn't charge us for the last visit. They are always helpful and always friendly. They take care of their customers and we haven't had any problems. We have used them a number of times in the past.

Description of Work
We used DuPage Tire & Auto Center for our tire work. We bought new tires from them and we had a leak so we were last there for them to repair it.

10/17/2011

Bobbie K.

Called DuPage Tire and spoke with Dave. We had a slow-leak tire that had been a problem for over six months. We had attempted to remove the troublesome wheel, but were unable to remove the bolts. We filled the tire with air and drove to DuPage Tire. We had requested that they remove the leaking tire and repair it if possible. Dave called and informed us that, after examining all four tires, they found that the front tires (purchased in 2008) were wearing unevenly due to bad front-end alignment of the car making them unsafe and the rear tires (purchased in 2006) were almost bald. The rear tire tread depth was down to 2/32. We were able to check the old tires they had removed and confirmed their poor condition. Dave recommended that the new Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred tire, which they had in stock, was a highly rated tire for all-weather driving. We decided to replace all four tires with the new Goodyears. When we went to pay for the car, we asked about the age of the tires that were installed on our car. They came out with us (in the rain!) to show us how to locate the manufacturing data on the tires. They explained in detail how to locate the last four digits on the tire to indicate the month/year that they were produced. Our tires showed 35/11 which meant it was made in the 35th week of 2011. We were also told that tires help in storage or warehouses for extended periods of time (that could even be a few years) were tires that were older and less reliable. DuPage buys their tires in small batches to keep their tire inventory new. We have two older, out-of-warranty cars (Subaru and Volkswagen Passatt) and have relied on DuPage Auto and Tire to keep them running in top condition. Always great personal service!

Description of Work
Had four new Goodyear Assurance tires put on the car along with a much needed front end alignment.

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

Auto Service
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Mufflers
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available
    $5.00

Auto tires, towing. Brakes, steering, suspension, air conditioning, engine repair, emission repair, electrical, transmission, batteries, oil changes, alignments, cooling systems, exhaust, tune-ups, starters, alternators, water pumps, shocks & maintenance.