H T Strenger Plumbing Co

Founded 1911 • With Angi since August 2002

28915 N Herky Dr #101

Lake Bluff, IL 60044

We are a full service plumbing contractor that has been established and servicing the local area since 1911. We strive to provide outstanding services while maintaining absolute satisfaction. We employ uniformed licensed plumbers who are experienced in the aspects of the plumbing trade. Our staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pleasing our customers is our number one goal, and we take pride in achieving that goal on a regular basis. We provide fully stocked service trucks and strive to complete your project in the first trip to your house. We are EPA licensed for sewer root control, and hold a septic license for septic field and tank repair/replacement. Sewer maintenance and rodding, along with free camera inspections is our specialty. Given the opportunity, H.T. Strenger, Inc. will provide you with the quality and respect you need and deserve in a plumbing contractor. Our customers consist of a wide variety of cliental, including academia and the private sector (industrial and residential) in all surrounding communities. New Angie’s list customers, mention this ad and receive $25.00 off your first service call. If you should have any questions or comments, or need further information, please feel free to contact us. if (BADGEBOX) BADGEBOX.PlaceBadge();CHICAGO plumbing...

02/23/2021

Kathy L.

Excellent service. Tyler was my plumber. He was early, polite, friendly, and thoughtful. He asked how I wanted things done with every change that was going to happen as a result of the new faucet. He showed me pictures from under the sink (to make sure I understood what he was doing.) When I initially called this company, the person who answered the phone was friendly and polite. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Installed new kitchen faucet in old sink

Category appliance repair, plumbing

02/11/2021

Patricia B.

Went very well, he did a very good job, was reasonable regarding price and was very quick!

Description of Work
Repair leaky toilet

05/15/2020

Trev K.

Tyler showed up before his appointment time and was very nice and professional. We had flooding in our basement and needed our sump pumps assessed to determine what went wrong. We received very trustworthy advice and decided to go for the most upgrade we could in order to try to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Tyler will be installing new commercial sump pumps next week.

Description of Work
Sump pump inspection

Category plumbing, water damage restoration, wells

03/26/2020

Mary M.

Surveyed the situation, made a recommendation, and did the work efficiently and successfully. Wore face mask, gloves and booties even though he wasn’t sick, so I felt very protected from virus.

Description of Work
Drain rodded and disposal replaced

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank You [Member Name Removed] - We are prepared and we are taking proper safety precautions to limit any exposure to protect our clients and our technicians. It was our pleasure to service your plumbing situation and we are always ready to service any of your plumbing projects in the future. Best Regards - H.T. STRENGER.

11/12/2019

Patricia M.

Very courteous, prompt, and professional service. Brad from H.T. Strenger figured out the source of the leak, fixed it quickly, and explained the parts we could order to replace an old faucet and shower assembly and drain on our vintage tub that have been giving us problems for years. This was the second time we hired H.T. Strenger to fix plumbing issues in our 1920s house, and we have been very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Repaired leaking overflow on cast-iron tub

Category plumbing

Thank You for the Kind Review and using our Services. We appreciate your Business.

06/11/2019

frank M.

Company was very responsive with scheduling worker to come to my house within two days. Brad did a very good job in moving the pipes in an efficient time, and cleaned up nicely. Company is solid because they charge by the hour which is $164 plus a small service fee, and parts. Many plumbing companies charge an outrageous flat fee and where plumber is compensated with excess commissions! HT Strenger is not the cheapest cheapest out there, but solid and fair. i will use again.

Description of Work
Reworking and moving bathroom water inflow pipes

05/23/2018

MARK R.

Water under kitchen sink appeared while I was House sitting for my son. Being from St. Louis, I didn’t know a soul in Libertyville. I vetted HT through Angie’s list. The woman who answered was so empathetic of my situation. She told me exactly what the charges would be and their policy over the phone. She then arranged a two hour window for the service to be done. Plumber showed up two hours before schedule...WOW that NEVER happens! He was friendly, efficient, and personable. Job was done in a flash with everything cleaned up. Gabe, the plumber, couldn’t have been more courteous and helpful. Yes, I would DEFINITELY hire again.

Description of Work
Fix leak under kitchen sink and replace with new faucet

04/27/2018

Mary Beth T.

Always a great experience with H.T. Strenger. Brad was respectful and courteous, and he performed all the work I requested quickly and professionally. He explained his findings and made specific recommendations for future maintenance. Even though our back-up sump battery is five years old, because it tested well he didn't recommend replacement at this time. I appreciate the fact that he put our finances ahead of his own profit. The office staff was friendly and helpful when I called to schedule the appointment, and accommodated my schedule. I heartily recommend H.T. Strenger!

Description of Work
checked toilet for possible leak; checked sump pump and back-up battery; gave estimate for water heater replacement

Category plumbing, water heater repair, wells

03/22/2018

Dean U.

Work was done quickly and correctly.

Description of Work
Rebuild toilet

01/24/2018

Stephen E.

Jim was prompt and friendly. He was able to solve the problem in a little under an hour. First he used a 2" auger to bore a hole through the roots in the sewer line and pull some of them back out. This got the water/sewage flowing again. Then he used a larger auger to open up the opening and push the rest of the roots out into the main city sewer line. He also gave me some advice on how to control the root issue with some preventative maintenance down the road. I was originally quoted $197 for the first half hour and $66 per 15 minutes thereafter, but Jim ended up giving me a special discount that made it a bit cheaper. He also gave me a discounted estimate if I want to add an external cleanout down the road. Thanks Jim!

Description of Work
We have had a slow draining sewer for a few weeks (and off and on for a few years). I was able to pull out a root ball by myself, but it didn't solve the problem. In fact a few days later it fully clogged up, and my power auger snapped (I had lent it out to a friend and it came back with kinks in it). Time for professional help.

Category sewer cleaning

12/20/2017

Bonnie F.

It went well. They were able to provide me estimates over the phone with information on the ejector pumps. They charge by the hour and cost of the pump and any other material. They came in around the estimate that was quoted on the phone.

Description of Work
Replace an ejector pump

12/04/2017

Al J.

HT Strenger in conjunction with a septic tank service cleaned the sewer basin and rodded out the sewer lines to two buildings. The line to one building was nearly blocked completely but they were able to break through and remove the blockage. Without immediate attention, the line would have become totally blocked. This would have required digging up and replacing the line.

Description of Work
Our facility serves as the research and development for a clay mineral company. Years of clay and waste had accumulated in our sewer basin. The city notified us that the basin must be cleaned out to insure flow and prevent total blockage.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

12/01/2017

scott B.

Very timely. Not quick, but methodical and neat. Toilet was installed, and old toilet was picked up by another member of the staff within half an hour.

Description of Work
Every aspect of the work was explained to us in detail. Plumber went out of his way to show us his work.

08/28/2017

LISA P.

....................................

Description of Work
............................................................................

07/18/2017

Shannon M.

He was excellent. He is truly a good serviceman. He worked around my schedule and my job, so that was good.

Description of Work
Installed a new water heater. He had come back out and replace it as it was leaking.

Category water heater repair

06/06/2017

THEODORE & ALENE S.

Extremely responsive, helpful & efficient. Gabriel was terrific. Passed inspection!!

Description of Work
Rerouted sump pump ejection in order to be code compliant. Most cost efficient solution.

06/06/2017

THEODORE & ALENE S.

Very well. Strenger was by far the most reasonable. Gabe worked efficiently to complete the task and it passed the city inspection. We were on a timeline and they worked within our constraints. We would use them again!!

Description of Work
Sump Pump revision to meet code.

06/02/2017

JAMES B.

Very professional, very timely good quality

Description of Work
NEW HOSE BIB

05/22/2017

Michael K.

Prompt and friendly service executed without a hitch.

Description of Work
Cleared a clogged sump pump and downspout yard drain using with their hydrojet approach.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

12/12/2016

Anthony M.

All is working well but was a bit pricey.

Description of Work
We had water from the shower backing up in the toilet downstairs. It was determined that the sewer needed to be rodded. 4 months prior the sewer was rodded by the Scottish Plumber who I would not recommend.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

11/01/2016

Elizabeth B.

Staff is courteous and professional. They are very good about explaining the process and and recommending solutions. There were some issues with damage to our underground sprinkler system. Given the scope of the project, they tried their best to minimize damage and repair the system as needed even though contract (which we were aware of) stated that they aren't responsible for damage.

Description of Work
Installation of overhead sewer, storm water connection and new sump pump system. Also performed routine plumbing maintenance.

Category plumbing, septic tank, wells, drain pipe, drain cleaning

01/03/2016

Nicole O.

Jesse and Corey with HT Strenger were great. On-time, professional and efficient. We will definitely use them next time we have any plumbing concern.

Description of Work
Cleared a sewer line clog.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

11/30/2015

LAUREN K.

The man who came out was resourceful, persistent, informative and generous. The upstairs bathroom sink was stopped up; it has a plunger that is not removable (American Standard!), and very difficult to clean out. He took time, came up with a way, cleaned it perfectly, made maintenance suggestions and checked out my laundry sink too. All very positive.

Description of Work
unclogged bathroom sink, checked other sinks.

08/04/2015

Robert M.

Overall very happy with the service - responsive, on-time, efficient and good value vs. other quote

Description of Work
Repaired leak and installed new kitchen sink faucet

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

06/21/2015

ARLENE W.

Jim, the man who a few weeks earlier had given me the estimate, arrived a 8AM as scheduled. He and his apprentice Tim went directly to work digging down to the steel pipe exiting the rear of my ranch house. They went to the trouble of laying down tarps on the surrounding gavel on which to pile the dirt from the hole they were digging. They cut out a section of the old pipe and constructed the clean out connection. Before putting the stack and cap on, Jim ran a snake thru the line out to the main sewer to see if there was any root infestation. Amazingly there wasn't tho I live in a heavily treed neighborhood. They then completed building the clean-out and replaced all the dirt and then gravel that was originally there. Left the area looking exactly as they'd found it. Jim is a truly good guy who's work reflects his straight forward and confident personality. I'd hire this company and this man to work for me anytime I need plumbing work. The quality of the work and the more than fair price has me as a loyal follower.

Description of Work
Installed a clean-out on my sewer line.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning