Mice Mob Exterminators

Illinios Departmnet of Public Health - Environmental Health
12/31/2021

550 Northview Lane

Hoffman Estates, IL 60169

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Specializing in mice; complete mice elimination and 100% rodent proofing of your house! Backed by a one year guarantee that is renewable for life! Call today for a free inspection with a free onsite estimate! Serving the entire Chicogoland area....

4.2

pest control (105)animal removal (21)foundation repair (6)

12/17/2020

Peter B.

I selected this company to help with my mouse problem after reading reviews on this site and others. I felt like I was going to get excellent service and expert work. I will preface this by saying that I have had many contractors and companies perform work at my house so I know professional ones from lackadasical ones. Kevin was the salesman who came out to inspect the property and give a quote. Looking back on things, he did not do a very thorough inspection and just relayed that my situation is very common. That will change later. I specifically told Kevin where the mice were getting into my house and he did not even take a look to see whether it would be an easy job or something more involved. Two technicians, Gino & Matt, came out to perform the service. Gino came to my door reeking of cigarette smoke. Their vehicle did not have any signage on it and was rusted, not professional-looking. I proceeded to point out to the two men where the mice were getting in and they said "ok". Within 10 minutes of them being on-site they were taking a "smoke break" in my driveway. After about 15 minutes, Matt summons me outside to discuss an unexpected "major" issue that they discovered. He proceeded to tell me that he "felt something soft, possibly a raccoon or opossum thru a large opening in the bottom of my chimney stack." He advised me that this was a major problem requiring a second evaluation to see how they would resolve the matter. Once the techs left I proceeded to investigate this large hole with a possible animal in inside. I got on the ground (something Kevin never did) and actually looked at the hole. I used my cell phone camera and took a photo of it along with measuring it with a tape measure. The large opening that Matt said a raccoon could get thru was only 1 1/2" in diameter. The soft "thing" was insulation, not an animal. There is no way a raccoon could fit thru a 1 1/2" opening. I waited 4 business days for them to contact me or at least "touch base" with me about the unfinished project. What I got were excuses from Patrick as to why no one has been able to take 5 minutes out of their day to just advise the client, "hey, we just want to let you know that we have been short-handed and we are aware of your situation and will call back next week to set up a follow-up appointment." Instead, I was told, "we are very busy and can come out only on the weekends. I don't know when we will be able to come out again." I never raised my voice or got unruly with Patrick but he could sense I was displeased. He then asks me, "Do you want a refund?" I said, "Seriously? This is your solution, offer a refund?" He proceeded to again tell me that we are very busy and I do not know when we can come out again. It was at this point that I told him, "Yes, I would like a refund since you are not making an effort to help." I did not feel confident in the technician's ability to perform his job after his complete overreaction. Then, the fact that I had to contact Mice Mob to find out what was going on was very unprofessional. I know my bad experience with them is not common but I am not embellishing any part of this incident. The original quote from them was over $900. I thought that was a bit pricey but was willing to use them given the good reviews. There appeared to be a major lack of communication between what the salesman wrote and what the technicians were expecting and I suffered as a result of that breakdown. I expected better results for the amount of money that was expected to be paid.

Description of Work
Mice removal and exclusion

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

11/27/2020

D H.

Very satisfied. We have used mice mob and are very satisfied with all services provided. They are very thorough and have always addressed my concerns/issues to resolve the problems we have had. Prompt and took time to answer all questions/concerns & review with me. I highly recommend Mice Mob. Jeff Hoffman

Description of Work
Follow-up treatment and remediation for mouse problem

Category pest control,animal removal

Work Completed On 11/27/2020

02/02/2020

Victoria A.

Very impressive! We struggled with mice for a couple of years, and this fall was worse than ever. Our routine pest control company wasn't specialized in this area and thus was not much help. In desperation I called Mice Mob Exterminators. They were expensive but fantastic! Three guys spent three hours mouse-proofing my house, and I haven't seen a mouse since. Very expensive but worth every penny! I didn't even realize that my house had a vague odor until the mice were gone and my house now smells so much better. I am SO GLAD I hired them!

Description of Work
Get rid of mice

Work Completed On 12/01/2019

12/27/2019

Heather M.

After purchasing the 1 year warranty for $175, I did not receive a written contract for this service, after a technician “inspected” the base of my home to make sure there were no entryways for the mouse scratching that was occurring on the 2nd floor. When the problem persisted, I called 3 times in 1 day and finally received a call back. A technician came out and did a thorough inspection of the upper portion of my home and closed up the holes that were found. No problem for 3 weeks. The mouse problem reoccurred. I called 6 times in one day, sent an email, and sent a message. NO RESPONSE. After reading numerous reviews here and in other sites, the pattern is that if the problem persists, Mice Mob ghosts you and does not honor the extended warranty. Very disappointed. I really thought this was an honorable company.

Description of Work
Mouse removal

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

03/05/2019

Tom G.

Mice mob has been out four times over the past few months and we still have mice in our kitchen. Additionally they canceled same day on us two or three times. Would not recommend.

Description of Work
Mice removal

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

04/27/2018

Jose V.

Was treated a year and 1/2 ago and still no mice.

Description of Work
Exterminate mice & keep out of the house

Work Completed On 04/27/2018

04/15/2018

David B.

First they came over, did a thorough inspection, and gave me an estimate. Then, after I put down a deposit, they put down bait. About a week later, Matt and Sal came over and spent most of the day sealing holes, putting up mesh to prevent mice from getting under the siding, and identifying and sealing gaps. They walked me around the house and showed me everything they did. They did a great job. In fact, they had to re-do the job that a different mouse company did sloppily. They were professional, thorough and courteous. Would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Mice extermination and prevention

Work Completed On 03/16/2018

04/15/2018

Karthikeyan S.

The guys did a walkthrough through out the house and gave a good report of what needs to be done .

Description of Work
Mice extermination

Work Completed On 11/22/2017

03/05/2018

Leslie F.

It has been five weeks since the Mice Mob installers completed their work, and we have been happily mouse-free. The owner was informative and responsive during our initial inquiry, and acted quickly to come out, assess the buildings, and provide a quote. Despite the extremely cold weather, the installers were able to complete the job on the scheduled date, working long hours in difficult conditions. The firm treated the situation with urgency, and from initial call to installation was less than one month. The references we had seen were all positive, and Mice Mob lived up to those commendations.

Description of Work
Our condo association had been experiencing a persistent mouse problem, despite thE application of glue mats and bait boxes by our regular pest control service.

Work Completed On 02/23/2018

12/04/2017

Nicholas P.

After the bait was put out, we stopped seeing mice droppings within about a week. They came back about a week later and replaced a chewed through roof (under our sunroom floor) that was caused by rats previously but likely the entry point for the mice. They did a very high quality job with this complete with metal flushing and installing insulation I purchased in advance (I was informed the insulation install would add to the cost and was OK with that), and it looks great. Due to it taking longer than anticipated and a slightly late start, they had to come back a few days later to finish up the work - patching up some small exterior holes, meshes etc. The work team was very courteous, friendly, and professional. I was very happy with the work and recommend them to anyone dealing with mice in their home.

Description of Work
We had a minor mouse invasion issue, but during the estimate it was discovered the previous owners of our house had rat issues that were dealt with but never properly patched up or corrected.

Work Completed On 11/27/2017

Review for Mice Mob Exterminators - 550 Northview Lane, Hoffman Estates, IL - 36637830

12/01/2017

BOBBI S.

Overall, extremely well. Everyone we spoke to was informative and professional. Matt went out of his way to ensure a disinfective was used that would not aggravate my allergies! Tracy and his partner patched any crevices they could find on the exterior of the house and worked for several hours in the dark & cold! There was a minor misunderstanding over the time of our 2nd appointment (which turned out to be a very busy day for them) so we rescheduled. All communication except for that was exceptional! In this day and age it's challenging to find a high level of service, but they delivered!

Description of Work
HIred to rid our home of mice and prevent any future issues.

Category pest control,foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

11/08/2017

Amanda F.

Great! It has been a few months now (and has gotten very cold outside) and we have not seen any evidence of mice in our home. Mice Mob Exterminators were extremely professional, considerate, and punctual. It was somewhat expensive but worth every penny to get our problem fixed. Plus they give you a 1 year guarantee. We used a pest company for 2 Years that ended up costing us more than Mice Mob Exterminators over that time and they never were able to figure out how to keep mice from getting in but would just kill the ones already in our home. Mice Mob Exterminators fixed our problem with 1 appointment!

Description of Work
We needed our home sealed to prevent mice from entering our home as well as removal and disinfecting areas of our home that they had already been.

Category pest control,animal removal,foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

10/18/2017

Zorin D.

I bought a deal and called them to schedule service. Before they even came out they were able to help me determine the proper type of rodent control. Though they were not able to help me in this case. They saved me money by offering their time over the phone and email to figure out that their services could not help me.

Description of Work
Rat elimination.

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

10/04/2017

James S.

They responded and came out quickly the same day. I thought it was a little pricey but would have taken the entire package offered but I am selling the house next year and didn't see the long term benefit. They baited the problem areas and no sign of any pests.

Description of Work
Bait house and estimate for long term solution.

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

09/20/2017

Kristen S.

Very prompt and professional. Bid was competitive, work very thorough and follow-up was thorough as well.

Description of Work
Mice in the house.

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

09/10/2017

BILL M.

They were prompt, professional and thorough. Could not be happier with the result.

Description of Work
We'd been battling mice for years. Two different exterminators gave us no results. One call to these guys was all it took to completely eliminate the problem with no hassle and reasonable cost.

Work Completed On 09/10/2017

09/05/2017

janice G.

great, they protected the perimeter of my home and cleaned up everything. great job!

Description of Work
some mice infestation in basement

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

08/15/2017

lizz L.

The owner was very helpful during my initial call and helped me set up an appt. Kevin did a great job of assessing the situation and offering advice as well as an estimate. Matt, JD and Markis worked well together completing the work. All were friendly, professional and very willing to answer any questions and/or concerns. They cleaned up well prior to leaving. It is a little pricey as others have noted, but in the end it is a relief to see that the work is well done and to have peace of mind that we will not be sharing our house with "outsiders"...if you know what I mean!! I looked off and on for awhile to try and find a reputable company to complete this work but so many companies had a wide span of reviews from horrible to questionably favorable. This is a family owned business and the positive reviews that I have read are consistent with my experience.

Description of Work
Treatment, disinfection and building perimeter seal

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

08/04/2017

SARA R.

We used Mice Mob Exterminators 4 years ago to seal up our foundation and eliminate entry points for mice. They are the only company that has ever worked to address the root cause (others simply setup bait or traps and tried to sell a "maintenance plan"). We had noticed that some of the stainless steel flashing had come loose so we called for a return visit. After talking with the owner the night before (he answered the call directly) Mice Mob sent out a 3-person crew the next day. They inspected the entire perimeter of the house and the basement, and repaired the flashing and added extra sealant to corners where it had come loose. Highly recommend, especially if you have worked with other companies who do nothing to treat the physical entry points.

Description of Work
Re-inspection and repair of exterior sealing and flashing; check basement for entry points of recent mouse sightings.

Category pest control,foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

08/02/2017

Kathryn M.

Still waiting to see. They have come multiple times to get rid of them. They are always come right away!

Description of Work
Get rid of mice.

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

07/12/2017

David L.

went great, they were on time, professional and reasonably priced can't rate on quality until some time has gone by and we are still mouseless

Description of Work
placement of poison, sealing exterior, fumigation

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

06/12/2017

MARY ELLEN D.

The price was a little high but they were very professional and so far no more mice.

Description of Work
Put poison down for mice and later came back and sealed up all entrance ways.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

06/08/2017

Deborah S.

Well. Quick response and inspection. Developed plan, treated basement that day. 10 days later team came to seal up outside areas to prevent future entry and disinfect basement. They guarantee their work.

Description of Work
Final solution for periodic mice in basement