Safeguard Waterproofing - Ram Jack Illinois

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 2001

Full waterproofing and foundation stabilization company that is family owned and operated since 1978. No contractors - we use only our trained employees. Fully licensed, bonded and insured. Dba: Ram Jack of Illinois. Additional fax: (630) 595-5377. Award winning. Uses licensed subcontractors for structural engineering....

Basement Waterstoppers

Basement Waterstoppers is the Greater Chicago go-to basement, crawl space & foundation contractor. Today, we have over 60 years of combined experience in the industry, and have been able to provide permanent solutions for hundreds of homeowners dealing with basement leaks and moldy crawl spaces. Call 888-426-3074 If you live in Chicago or any of the surrounding areas Contact us today to get started or click below for a free estimate!

Offers by Basement Waterstoppers on Angi
American Crawlspace & Basement Corp

American Crawlspaces Has a Lifetime, Transferable Warranty. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured. American Crawlspaces has 27 years in combined experienced in crawlspace and basement water proofing. Our goal is to be the leader in the water proofing world in continued growth though quality and customer satisfaction. American Crawlspaces will make your home a healthier place to live. Chicago Regulated Business License #2551331

Offers by American Crawlspace & Basement Corp on Angi
Ulb-Dry Waterproofing Inc

With over 25 years experience in all facets of both residential and commercial foundation waterproofing we have developed a reputation as the waterproofer's waterproofer. All work is performed by our own trained technicians and is with unconditional warranty. We use a line of green products. Our technicians are trained to treat your home as if it is their own. Our estimators are trained to prescribe only the repair designed for your individual problem. We will never try to up-sell to a higher-dollar job.

07/26/2016

There was a cave-in at one location outside the foundation where they had put their equipment, and they came quickly to repair it. They did not clean up very well after themselves for the interior work, and they left cracked tile. They have not come back to look at the extra cracks.

Description of Work
The provider shored up my foundation, and fixed all the cracks.

04/20/2016

the porch was raised approximately 2", which is fine. I was also led to believe the gap between the porch and the home which had developed as a result of the porch settling would be closed as the porch was raised (and rotated back toward the house). The gap was not closed, which was my primary reason for contracting the work. While I have to believe that the porch is now completely stable based on the helical piers, the aesthetics were not improved. Furthermore, when I returned home, the gap had now been filled with a caulk (about 2" wide) across the entire length of my porch. Unfortunately, whoever put applied the caulk did an extremely poor job. After a $9000 job, I now have to have someone else come out to meticulously remove the caulk and reapply in it in congruent and professional manner. When I questioned John about this, he said "Well, caulking is not our forte'". If it is not their forte, why did they do this? I did not ask him to do it nor was it a part of our agreement. What was further irritating, after they completed the job at approximately 4pm on a Tuesday, I rec'd a call at 8am Wednesday morning demanding payment of the balance of the bill. When I let the admin know that I was about ready to get in a cab to the airport, she got nasty and said "The Contract states that full payment is due upon completion!". While that is technically true, it wasn't more than 16 hours after the fact. Understandably, this left a bad taste in my mouth and feel that the professionalism and courtesy that drew me to RamJack was dissolved as soon as $$ was in the picture. For the record, I provided her my credit card number and paid them during the phone call. In the end, I'm not sure whether another firm would have 'closed the gap' or not, but the point is that John all-but-promised me that it would be closed. I of course didn't anticipate it being flush with the house once more, but certainly expected some progress and I would not have expected a botched caulk job to cover it up. I am neutral on my rating, but the test of time will determine whether they stabilized the porch.

Description of Work
contract was to raise and stabilize front concrete front porch.

Category structural engineer,foundation repair

It’s unfortunate that Mr. [Member Name Removed] isn’t happy with the way the project turned out. We stand by our work and our contract clearly state what will be done and what to expect. In regards to our demanding payment, our contract clearly states that the balance was due upon completion - not the next day or the next week after returning from a trip.

10/06/2015

Came out promptly and took a few weeks for an estimate. The estimate given was not what I asked them to quote. It took another few weeks of phone calls and emails to get a response back. In the end, they never ended up giving me the quote I requested. Therefore, this job was given to another company

Description of Work
Poor response time. Took multiple emails from me to generate a response.

Category foundation repair

The estimate was given in a timely manner. Unfortunately, customer was not interested in doing the extensive work that was needed.

09/28/2015

Their solution fixed the problem and was much cheaper than other alternatives

Description of Work
Repaired foundation crack

Category concrete repair,foundation repair

We are glad you are pleased with our work!

06/23/2015

We had been having problems with leaks in our sunken living room for quite a while. The leaks started last year and we had PermaSeal come out and do a "repair" which ended up not working. (The amount of water was reduced, but it still kept coming in, even after PermaSeal did a wrap seal of our foundation.) Frustrated, especially after PermaSeal did not guarantee their last job and wanted to charge us 1000s of dollars for a redo, we consulted with our neighbor across the street who had a similar problem that arose right when ours did. They said Safeguard had IDd and fixed their leak issue (same spot as ours) for a third of what PermaSeal charged, so we called Safeguard. Phil from Safeguard came out very promptly (actually early! He asked permission to come a full 2 hours early if it was convenient for me, and I said yes). He looked at the area where we suspected the leak occurred and commented that PermaSeal (his former employer!) had done a poor job. He also remarked that the leak might not even be a foundation leak, but rather an above-grade leak like a mortar problem or chimney problem that was then dripping down behind the drywall. He conducted a series of tests using water from our hose to see where water might seep in depending on where the water was pointed. He did a "flood" test of the ground near the foundation---no leak. Then he pointed to some spots where there was missing caulk on our chimney seams, and said that the water could be getting in there instead. He had me go inside and look inside the fireplace while he trained the hose on these side seams, and BINGO! That's where the water was getting in. He found the exact leak location when PermaSeal could not (they just "guessed") Phil then said, "Well, we don't fix that since it's above-grade, so I recommend you contact a siding or chimney company to make those repairs. I'm not going to sell you something that won't fix the real problem just to make my commission." Phil spent nearly 2 hours identifying the true source of our water problem, even when it would not benefit him or his company. Very honest and decent guy, and we WILL use this company when we do have a foundation problem. Great!

Description of Work
Identified true source of a water leak even though it was an above-grade leak (chimney) that they do not fix. ID'd true source of the problem when PermaSeal could not, and made recommendations on who to hire to fix. Honest and decent folks!

Category drywall,basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Thank you for your great review!

04/22/2015

Safeguard gave me a quote, told me it will take two days for the work, took my deposit and locked in a date. Few days before the date they called and told me that the work could be done in 1 day. The day of the job they came out and started doing the work then 1 hr in, they took off saying the job was misquoted. Unreliable! Took over 3 weeks to get my deposit back.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Our contracts clearly state that if unknown conditions are discovered (as was the case with this customer), SGWP/Ram Jack Illinois reserves the right to cancel contract, restore the job site and refund the deposit less any our of pocket expense SGWP/Ram Jack Illinois incurs. We refunded 100% of deposit.

11/05/2014

Phil was great, professional and reliable; provided his cell phone just in case any questions came up. Also wanted to make sure he understood the job so came back for second visit to ensure alignment. Great customer service and quality of work, no need to look further. No pressure sales pitch and understood what we wanted and injected opinion based on experience. Job well done. UPDATE: following the winter we turned on our sprinkler system and had a lead where the drainage pipe goes, after removing the rocks I noticed that the sprinkler pipe was bent *probably to fit the drainage under the bent. The bent was so bad that it disconnected that sprinkler pipe from main connection underground and had a hole due to the bend. I am disappointed that not only this was not communicated during install but was not fixed *it is right above the drainage pipe covered by gravel was installed and the soil that was put back on the side of the house is higher then the "normal" ground.

Description of Work
Outside wall insulation and drainage

Category foundation repair

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business.

06/30/2014

It was suggested by another trusted service provider that I call Ram Jack for my structural repair work. They charged me $250 to provide the estimate for services needed (support a load-bearing post and weld repairs underneath to tie it to a structural beam and then weld in beam web stiffeners), which seemed fine as I was planning on using them and the $250 gets credited to the cost of the work to be done. The estimator spent 15 minutes looking at the repair site and then we discussed what needed to be done for another 10 minutes or so. I waited a few days and ultimately needed to chase him down for the estimate. The price was reasonable and, based on the recommendation, I engaged them to do the work. The welder arrived promptly on the scheduled day (a day I took off of work), along with the person that estimated the job. I was shocked when the welder asked ME what HE was supposed to be doing when he looked at the repair site, especially since I had provided a drawing by my structural engineer to the estimator. The welder indicated he hadn't seen the drawing until that moment. After looking at the repair, the welder indicated that he was not prepared to do the work as he did not have adequate support for the post to safely do what was drawn up. The estimator has not responded to me ever since a phone call indicating that they were working on a solution (the day after the original appointment). I have tried other routes to try to get the work done, but the company is now unresponsive. At this point, I've paid $250 for roughly 30 minutes of an estimators time (this is over 1/3 the total cost of the repair, by the way). I have requested a refund, since they have not performed under the contract. I have yet to hear back from them, let alone see my money again. I might understand keeping my money if I cancelled on them, but I have been waiting for them to do the work and no one responds. This is no way to do business.

Description of Work
Performed an estimate to complete a structural repair.

Category basement waterproofing

Member paid $250 for a pre purchase inspection, this is industry standard. THIS WAS REFUNDED. Member provided engineering of what he wanted done - work could not be done as engineered, there was no way to stabilize the structure as engineered. Member needs to get a properly designed solution. Though the $250 pre-purchase inspection is NOT REFUNDABLE, we, as a good will gesture, returned it to the member.

06/30/2014

It went fine. They did a nice job. I got them off Angie’s List. It was the best price.

Description of Work
I have used them for basement waterproofing.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for the great review!

06/24/2014

Job completed in 2 days. Over 2 month wait from time contract signed; but other providers were almost as long and were booked solid due to many request for foundation repair due to dry summers. Technician showed up on time for our initial consultantion/ appointment and was very knowledgable. Signed contract same day to get on the job list and have repair done before end of summer. Would use them again. Only company with warranty that will transfer to new owner that I talked with.

Description of Work
raised foundation using 5 jacks

Category foundation repair

Thanks - we appreciate your positive review!

Waterproofing: drain tile systems, sump pumps & foundation crack repair, crawl space, foundation stabilization, piering & underpinning. Now offering Carpet Cleaning and Restoration!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available