Safeguard Waterproofing - Ram Jack Illinois

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 2001

Franklin Park IL

Franklin Park, IL 60131

Full waterproofing and foundation stabilization company that is family owned and operated since 1978. No contractors - we use only our trained employees. Fully licensed, bonded and insured. Dba: Ram Jack of Illinois. Additional fax: (630) 595-5377. Award winning. Uses licensed subcontractors for structural engineering....

07/26/2016

Beverly R.

There was a cave-in at one location outside the foundation where they had put their equipment, and they came quickly to repair it. They did not clean up very well after themselves for the interior work, and they left cracked tile. They have not come back to look at the extra cracks.

Description of Work
The provider shored up my foundation, and fixed all the cracks.

04/20/2016

Brian E.

the porch was raised approximately 2", which is fine. I was also led to believe the gap between the porch and the home which had developed as a result of the porch settling would be closed as the porch was raised (and rotated back toward the house). The gap was not closed, which was my primary reason for contracting the work. While I have to believe that the porch is now completely stable based on the helical piers, the aesthetics were not improved. Furthermore, when I returned home, the gap had now been filled with a caulk (about 2" wide) across the entire length of my porch. Unfortunately, whoever put applied the caulk did an extremely poor job. After a $9000 job, I now have to have someone else come out to meticulously remove the caulk and reapply in it in congruent and professional manner. When I questioned John about this, he said "Well, caulking is not our forte'". If it is not their forte, why did they do this? I did not ask him to do it nor was it a part of our agreement. What was further irritating, after they completed the job at approximately 4pm on a Tuesday, I rec'd a call at 8am Wednesday morning demanding payment of the balance of the bill. When I let the admin know that I was about ready to get in a cab to the airport, she got nasty and said "The Contract states that full payment is due upon completion!". While that is technically true, it wasn't more than 16 hours after the fact. Understandably, this left a bad taste in my mouth and feel that the professionalism and courtesy that drew me to RamJack was dissolved as soon as $$ was in the picture. For the record, I provided her my credit card number and paid them during the phone call. In the end, I'm not sure whether another firm would have 'closed the gap' or not, but the point is that John all-but-promised me that it would be closed. I of course didn't anticipate it being flush with the house once more, but certainly expected some progress and I would not have expected a botched caulk job to cover it up. I am neutral on my rating, but the test of time will determine whether they stabilized the porch.

Description of Work
contract was to raise and stabilize front concrete front porch.

Category structural engineer,foundation repair

It’s unfortunate that Mr. [Member Name Removed] isn’t happy with the way the project turned out. We stand by our work and our contract clearly state what will be done and what to expect. In regards to our demanding payment, our contract clearly states that the balance was due upon completion - not the next day or the next week after returning from a trip.

10/06/2015

David C.

Came out promptly and took a few weeks for an estimate. The estimate given was not what I asked them to quote. It took another few weeks of phone calls and emails to get a response back. In the end, they never ended up giving me the quote I requested. Therefore, this job was given to another company

Description of Work
Poor response time. Took multiple emails from me to generate a response.

Category foundation repair

The estimate was given in a timely manner. Unfortunately, customer was not interested in doing the extensive work that was needed.

09/28/2015

Ken C.

Their solution fixed the problem and was much cheaper than other alternatives

Description of Work
Repaired foundation crack

Category concrete repair,foundation repair

We are glad you are pleased with our work!

06/23/2015

Jill H.

We had been having problems with leaks in our sunken living room for quite a while. The leaks started last year and we had PermaSeal come out and do a "repair" which ended up not working. (The amount of water was reduced, but it still kept coming in, even after PermaSeal did a wrap seal of our foundation.) Frustrated, especially after PermaSeal did not guarantee their last job and wanted to charge us 1000s of dollars for a redo, we consulted with our neighbor across the street who had a similar problem that arose right when ours did. They said Safeguard had IDd and fixed their leak issue (same spot as ours) for a third of what PermaSeal charged, so we called Safeguard. Phil from Safeguard came out very promptly (actually early! He asked permission to come a full 2 hours early if it was convenient for me, and I said yes). He looked at the area where we suspected the leak occurred and commented that PermaSeal (his former employer!) had done a poor job. He also remarked that the leak might not even be a foundation leak, but rather an above-grade leak like a mortar problem or chimney problem that was then dripping down behind the drywall. He conducted a series of tests using water from our hose to see where water might seep in depending on where the water was pointed. He did a "flood" test of the ground near the foundation---no leak. Then he pointed to some spots where there was missing caulk on our chimney seams, and said that the water could be getting in there instead. He had me go inside and look inside the fireplace while he trained the hose on these side seams, and BINGO! That's where the water was getting in. He found the exact leak location when PermaSeal could not (they just "guessed") Phil then said, "Well, we don't fix that since it's above-grade, so I recommend you contact a siding or chimney company to make those repairs. I'm not going to sell you something that won't fix the real problem just to make my commission." Phil spent nearly 2 hours identifying the true source of our water problem, even when it would not benefit him or his company. Very honest and decent guy, and we WILL use this company when we do have a foundation problem. Great!

Description of Work
Identified true source of a water leak even though it was an above-grade leak (chimney) that they do not fix. ID'd true source of the problem when PermaSeal could not, and made recommendations on who to hire to fix. Honest and decent folks!

Category drywall,basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Thank you for your great review!

04/22/2015

Jim G.

Safeguard gave me a quote, told me it will take two days for the work, took my deposit and locked in a date. Few days before the date they called and told me that the work could be done in 1 day. The day of the job they came out and started doing the work then 1 hr in, they took off saying the job was misquoted. Unreliable! Took over 3 weeks to get my deposit back.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Our contracts clearly state that if unknown conditions are discovered (as was the case with this customer), SGWP/Ram Jack Illinois reserves the right to cancel contract, restore the job site and refund the deposit less any our of pocket expense SGWP/Ram Jack Illinois incurs. We refunded 100% of deposit.

11/05/2014

Andy S.

Phil was great, professional and reliable; provided his cell phone just in case any questions came up. Also wanted to make sure he understood the job so came back for second visit to ensure alignment. Great customer service and quality of work, no need to look further. No pressure sales pitch and understood what we wanted and injected opinion based on experience. Job well done. UPDATE: following the winter we turned on our sprinkler system and had a lead where the drainage pipe goes, after removing the rocks I noticed that the sprinkler pipe was bent *probably to fit the drainage under the bent. The bent was so bad that it disconnected that sprinkler pipe from main connection underground and had a hole due to the bend. I am disappointed that not only this was not communicated during install but was not fixed *it is right above the drainage pipe covered by gravel was installed and the soil that was put back on the side of the house is higher then the "normal" ground.

Description of Work
Outside wall insulation and drainage

Category foundation repair

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business.

06/30/2014

Edward F.

It was suggested by another trusted service provider that I call Ram Jack for my structural repair work. They charged me $250 to provide the estimate for services needed (support a load-bearing post and weld repairs underneath to tie it to a structural beam and then weld in beam web stiffeners), which seemed fine as I was planning on using them and the $250 gets credited to the cost of the work to be done. The estimator spent 15 minutes looking at the repair site and then we discussed what needed to be done for another 10 minutes or so. I waited a few days and ultimately needed to chase him down for the estimate. The price was reasonable and, based on the recommendation, I engaged them to do the work. The welder arrived promptly on the scheduled day (a day I took off of work), along with the person that estimated the job. I was shocked when the welder asked ME what HE was supposed to be doing when he looked at the repair site, especially since I had provided a drawing by my structural engineer to the estimator. The welder indicated he hadn't seen the drawing until that moment. After looking at the repair, the welder indicated that he was not prepared to do the work as he did not have adequate support for the post to safely do what was drawn up. The estimator has not responded to me ever since a phone call indicating that they were working on a solution (the day after the original appointment). I have tried other routes to try to get the work done, but the company is now unresponsive. At this point, I've paid $250 for roughly 30 minutes of an estimators time (this is over 1/3 the total cost of the repair, by the way). I have requested a refund, since they have not performed under the contract. I have yet to hear back from them, let alone see my money again. I might understand keeping my money if I cancelled on them, but I have been waiting for them to do the work and no one responds. This is no way to do business.

Description of Work
Performed an estimate to complete a structural repair.

Category basement waterproofing

Member paid $250 for a pre purchase inspection, this is industry standard. THIS WAS REFUNDED. Member provided engineering of what he wanted done - work could not be done as engineered, there was no way to stabilize the structure as engineered. Member needs to get a properly designed solution. Though the $250 pre-purchase inspection is NOT REFUNDABLE, we, as a good will gesture, returned it to the member.

06/30/2014

Rick G.

It went fine. They did a nice job. I got them off Angie’s List. It was the best price.

Description of Work
I have used them for basement waterproofing.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for the great review!

06/24/2014

Michael P.

Job completed in 2 days. Over 2 month wait from time contract signed; but other providers were almost as long and were booked solid due to many request for foundation repair due to dry summers. Technician showed up on time for our initial consultantion/ appointment and was very knowledgable. Signed contract same day to get on the job list and have repair done before end of summer. Would use them again. Only company with warranty that will transfer to new owner that I talked with.

Description of Work
raised foundation using 5 jacks

Category foundation repair

Thanks - we appreciate your positive review!

06/23/2014

Jim B.

They are not so great. They did a lot of work to find out the problem with water level but could not find a solution for it. Eventually, I found out what was causing it. They also installed a new sump pump and left without plugging it in. They could pay much more attention to detail.

Description of Work
I had them to fix a problem with the water level and install a new sump pump.

Category basement waterproofing

I don't believe we ever did work for you. We had an appointment for a consultant to assess your water issued set for 6/17/13 but you cancelled it. Please remove this incorrect review.

05/03/2014

Debra S.

I would not recommend this company if you have a finished basement. The workmen were careless and caused damage to the room that was not discussed during the meeting with the salesman. They put duct tape on newly painted walls causing the paint to be removed with the tape. They were climbing in and out of a window and caused damage to the window ledge. Quarter sized holes were made in the drywall at all levels of the walls and a chunk of my staircase was gouged out. In total it cost $250 to repair. The company acknowledged that it was neglectful on the workers part but would only reimburse $125. Apparently they felt that we were partially responsible for the damage...I guess we were in that we hired them!

Description of Work
Basement water proofing. The basement was a newly finished basement.

Category basement waterproofing

We are sorry the customer isn’t completely satisfied with our service. However, our contracts are clearly written and include a customer preparation sheet which alerts customers to the fact that waterproofing work can in fact be considered major construction on a home. We ask customers to cover items with plastic, to prepare for dust, remove stairs and landings in work areas and remove drywall or paneling on walls in certain cases. The photos taken on the job show the area was not prepped correctly. Our foreman did try to protect the area. The photos sent to us by the customer show very minor nicks in the drywall which could have been touched up, and in my opinion, certainly did not require repainting the entire room. As a gesture of good faith we did offer to split the cost with the customer. Customer agreed to this settlement and cashed our check. It’s a shame when unscrupulous consumers try to hold hard working people hostage to gain monetarily and then proceed to bash those same hard working people with negative unjustified complaints. Respectfully Robert Shipyor Director of sales /marketing

02/13/2014

Alan K.

It was pulling teeth to get a quote from the salesman. He said he would have it to me within a week, no phone call, no contact and I get a garbled estimate in the mail two weeks later after three phone calls to their customer service.

Category foundation repair

We’re not sure what the issue is. We saw the customer on 8-26-13 gave him a proposal at that time. Did not hear back from him until November when he asked us to revisit him. At which time he informed us he wanted a different way of repairing the issues. He was unwilling to spend the money needed to repair his home. With the Thanksgiving holiday and needing to check with management for a different repair process we had a 2nd proposal within 2.5 weeks. We did not hear back from the customer until his report to Angie’s. What’s most confusing is the customer stated the work was done in October. We saw him the 2nd time in mid-November, offered his 2nd proposal on December 2nd and is reporting negatively in February? WHY?

02/05/2014

RAYMOND L.

The work was performed in cold weather (6 degrees above zero). The crew was extremely hard working, neat and efficient. All work from making holes in the concrete and digging in the soil outside through removing debris was clean and neat. The work was completed faster than expected and the site was cleaned up beautifully. They did a great job!!!

Description of Work
Underpinning for cracked and sagging foundation - required four (4) holes: two (2) in concrete basement floor (2 ft by 2 ft each), one in concrete garage floor (3 ft by 8 ft), and one outside at the base of the wall (3 ft by 7 ft). Six (6) posts were driven down to bedrock and attached to the base of the foundation. The foundation was raised and brought into alignment. The holes were filled the concrete was repaired, and all debris was hauled away.

Category foundation repair

We are thrilled you were happy with our work! Thank you for taking the time to post.

12/27/2013

Vitantonio D.

I was very happy with the experience. The work looks nicely done and haven't had any problems since. They epoxied a number of large cracks in my basement and a ton of tie-rods that were leaking. They even came back and did some follow-up work after that was beyond the scope of the initial work. I would definitely use them again and did an extensive search prior to hiring them with a number of viable options.

Description of Work

Category concrete repair,drywall,basement waterproofing,wells,drain pipe,structural engineer,mudjacking,foundation repair

Thank you for the post! We are glad that you were completely satisfied with you experience.

12/03/2013

Kate S.

Friendly helpful assessor, on time. Team were great. And they came back promptly when we had a second separate issue and provided advice.

Description of Work
Identified the leak and repaired the area.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for your post. We are glad our sales staff and crew impressed you.

10/29/2013

The House M.

No reply to first Angie's List Message on 10/5/13 but 1 day response to second Message on 10/9/13. Appointment scheduled for free estimate. Timely arrival. Nice guy. Unfortunately they don't handle well pumps. I would use them again for other work.

Description of Work
No reply to first Angie's List Message on 10/5/13 but 1 day reply to second Message on 10/9/13. Appointment scheduled for free estimate. Timely arrival. Nice guy. Unfortunately they don't do the work needed. I would use them again.

Category wells

Thanks for your post. We aren't sure why we didn't get the original email messages that were sent through Angie's List - I have reached out to support for help on that. Glad you will use us in the future!

09/23/2013

Dwaine H.

But I have not used them yet, they had just quoted. Actually I liked the guy he was nice, but a little too much. He was very confident.

Description of Work
Safe-Guard Waterproofing - Ram Jack Illinois had given us an estimate for foundation repairs.

Category foundation repair

I hope you choose to go with us when you decide to have the work done.

09/09/2013

ronald S.

I did have them come out. We had cracks in the drywall by our door and settling. They were real nice and he did spend some time here. But he was going to do more than I wanted him to do. He was a nice guy though. He gave me a quote. He was nice over the phone and everything. It was more than I planned on spending. He was out here pretty soon. He was here on time. He was professional. He went around the house and told me what he was going to do.

Description of Work
Safe-Guard Waterproofing - Ram Jack Illinois, gave us a quote to put in piers or whatever.

Category drywall

Thank you for your positive feedback. Please contact us if you decide to have any of the work done!

06/27/2013

Catherine S.

I hired him because they are the only company that would fix it from the outside and they are a structural engineering company. They were professional, prompt and returned my calls. Communication has been fine, you call them, they call you back and give you the information that you need.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Safe-Guard Waterproofing - Ram Jack Illinois. They will be fixing a wall crack.

Category structural engineer,foundation repair

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad you chose Safeguard Waterproofing - Ram Jack.

04/19/2013

Melba A.

In April 2013, we wake up at 5am to water pouring in the basement and the sump pump not working again. We call the service and we are told they will pass this along. So at 8a.m we get a call and are told they will get there soon. All the time water is pouring in - at 12:30 they show up and we have 2 ft of water in our basement. They pump it out, replace the pump (which again is bad) and leave us to clean up the basement and throw away all the things that are damaged. The lifetime warrenty I guess is just to continue pumping the water out and replacing bad pumps. THIS HASN'T EVEN BEEN TWO YEARS. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Description of Work
In July 2011 I sign a contract with this company to come and install a system that they say will take care of my flooding problems. I can't say there were any problems while the work was being done. About 6 months later I find some standing water around the sump pump and call the company. They tell me that the pump was bad that they replaced it. So I call the company and talk to the president, John Walsh. I express my concerns over an $11,000. system that has a bad sump pump in just 6 months. He said they don't make the pumps they just buy them and it was just one bad one.

Category basement waterproofing,wells

On the day of our most recent natural disaster to hit the Chicaogland area, the same day that our Governor declared a state of emergency, a day we received well over 500 phone calls and E-mails for help, we disappointingly received a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, one that we have proudly been complaint free for four years. This is something we take extremely seriously and strive to receive this award each year. We received a call from the member, stating he was concerned about the pump that we installed. We elected to move this homeowner to a priority status and sent a crew out immediately. When we arrived we offered assistance in pumping out flood water from their basement (a service we do not offer) so that we could assess the situation and honor our warranty, which is to fix system failure if any. We found our system was trying to keep up with the massive flood water but understandably under these extreme conditions was struggling to do so. The homeowner requested compensation for lost time of work and items in the basement, our warranty clearly states on our contract we are only liable to fix system a failure, this is an issue the homeowner needs to direct to their home owners insurance or FEMA. As a jester of good faith we replaced the main pump with a new upgraded model just introduced to us by our manufacturer, have waived the cost of the pump, labor and as well as any service fees that would have been charged for the emergency service performed on a system in working order. We do find it unprofessional and unfair for complaints to be written all over the internet before trying to discuss any issues with our company management, last week was a very long week as we tried to keep up with the desperate calls for support, our crew and staff had unbelievable workloads and hours trying to service everybody that needed our help. If an open line of communication had been attempted we would have made sure we would have worked with the customer to make them satisfied, unless it was something outside of our contract, which is what this complaint was about from the homeowner. Sincerely Robert Shipyor Director of Sales/Marketing

03/25/2013

James C.

I selected Safeguard after getting bids from two other companies, and I'm glad I did. Everyone I interacted with - from the field representative to the technicians to the office staff - was professional, friendly, and helpful. I had three foundation cracks and a pretty weak secondary sump pump that I decided to replace. The work was done quickly and skillfully. A few weeks after the job was completed, the office called me as a courtesy follow-up to ensure my satisfaction, and to see if there were any issues or questions I had. I mentioned that I found what appeared to be another very subtle crack that was missed at the time of the first estimate. I also mentioned that I was having an issue with my primary pump. Later that night I spoke with a technician that went out of his way to help diagnose the primary pump issue. The next morning, the field representative was back at my house to look at this other crack and confirmed what I suspected. A few days later, the crew was back and repaired the final crack as well as replaced my primary pump. Turns out my primary pump had bitten the dust. I had used an Angie's list coupon on the first job, and after talking to Safeguard, they agreed to apply that coupon to the second job as well since they missed that last crack. In the end, no harm done, and they went above and beyond to make sure that all work was complete, and that I was a satisfied customer. I would recommend Safeguard for foundation repair, although I hope I don't need any further foundation work for a while! - Steve

Description of Work
Repaired four foundation cracks (three were interior repairs with epoxy injection, and one was an external repair), replaced primary and secondary sump pumps, and re-piped the pumps with new check valves to the discharge line.

Category wells,drain pipe,foundation repair

Thank you for taking the time to write a report. We are thrilled that you are pleased with our service!

01/16/2013

Robert M.

Overall it was an expensive but successful experience.

Description of Work
Safe-Guard raised and stabilized my brick sun-porch using four push-piles and one helical anchor. They were able to close-up 95% of the settling crack in the brick wall and close-up cracks in my interior wall that were caused by the sun-porch pulling away from the house. It took two days and when they were finished they filled-in and packed down the places that were excavated such that the grading around my house was return to its original state. Some minor cracking appeared elsewhere in the brick-work mortar due to the nature of the lifting process to require some additional tuck pointing. The salesman always returned my e-mails with another e-mail as opposed to a phone call. The foreman on the job was professional and courteous.

Category foundation repair

We are glad that you are happy with our work. Thank you for taking the time to post this great review!

12/21/2012

William W.

They honored the warranty, which I believe was at least 10 years, and found some new problems in the home that were unrelated to the original work. They were easy to work with, took their time to study the problem, and cleaned up what was a huge mountain of dirt. They even replaced one of our rusting window wells at no charge!

Description of Work
About seven years ago, they repaired cracks in our foundation. New cracks appeared, and they did a good three-days work’ without charge.

Category foundation repair

I'm glad that your experience with us was exceptional. Thank you for taking the time to write a great review!

12/21/2012

Roger F.

The garage portion of our house had foundation and settlement issues when purchased six years ago. We deferred the repairs at that time although we did get three estimates. The work was rebid this fall and each proposal was very different in scope and price. Ramjack was selected and sent their engineer to review the project. The engineer found significant additional problems. The president of Ramjack contacted me saying he wanted to look and figure out what was happening. Long story short, they prepared a second price (and offered to refund my deposit if I chose not to use them), were still competitive, and completed the work including new piles and foundation splice plates. The crews were outstanding and the jobsite left in pristine condition on time and without extra charges.

Description of Work
Perform structural calculations, secure building permit, excavate, install new piles, raise and level structural foundation, secure to new piles, backfill and repair slabs.

Category structural engineer,foundation repair

Your review is appreciated. We are glad that your expectations were met and/or exceeded!

ProDry Restoration Inc

We are a 24HR company that is committed to provide prompt and professional water damage restoration and carpet cleaning to our customers. We use the latest technology and state of art equipment. We pledge to establish lasting relationships with our customers by exceeding their expectations and gaining there trust through exceptional performance by every member of our team. Our services include; water damage restoration, home remodel, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile cleaning and carpet installation. We will work hard to dry your loss fast. Carpet Cleaning: •Professional, trained, background-checked technicians •Convenient appointments •2-Step deep clean process removes dirt attracting residue to keep your carpet clean longer •No hidden pricing •Carpet Protectors & Carpet Deodorizers Available •Low moisture cleaning •Chemical free cleaning Many homeowners make the mistake of assuming their carpet and upholstery are clean just because they look or feel clean. What they may not know is that, over periods of time, even the most spotless looking carpets and upholstery collect germs, dust and soil below the surface. Even with regular vacuuming dirt, dander and allergens can get embedded deep into your carpet fibers. Regular traffic through your home can cause “distortion” or crushing to carpet fibers. Professional cleaning and application of our protector helps slow down that process and keep your carpet looking beautiful and fresh as long as possible.

Veterans Cleaning & Restoration Services,Inc.

Veterans Cleaning & Restoration Services,Inc., Is Uniquely Positioned, Mostly Employing “Prior Service” Military Veterans, as our Primary IICRC CERTIFIED Restoration Services Technicians. WHY ? Veterans have a unique ability to pass inspections. Veterans posses “Distinctive” and “Impeccable,” Strong Work and Service Ethics, Integrity and Honesty. Veterans posses the Highest levels of Professionalism and Respect. These qualities are of priceless value to their own workplace associates, and especially to our valued customers. {MISSION} Is to ensure the long term success of our company through creating (a) Happy and Satisfied Customers. (b) Greater Customer Experience. (c) Cleanliness and Promptness. (d) Respect and Transparent Honesty. (e) The belief in going the extra mile for our valued customers. And lastly, to Improve our customers lives with Cleanliness-Focused by staying engaged.

Offers by Veterans Cleaning & Restoration Services,Inc. on Angi
    Quetzal Cleaning Service LLC

**Scheduling now for holiday carpet cleaning! Ask us about our special pricing for 3 or 5 rooms. FREE Estimates!**In addition to residential carpet cleaning, we also offer services such as commercial/janitorial cleaning, vacant residential cleaning, and much more. We believe in using Eco friendly products! All of our staff members go above and beyond their work! We have been in business for over 20 years. Give us a call for your free on-site estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Waterproofing: drain tile systems, sump pumps & foundation crack repair, crawl space, foundation stabilization, piering & underpinning. Now offering Carpet Cleaning and Restoration!