Broms Moving And Storage

Founded 1895 • With Angi since December 2001

Local Moving, Long Distance Moving, Piano Movers Secured Inside Storage Family owned and operated since 1895. Family owned & operated. Additional DBAs - All Point Vans Inc & W. P. Broms Inc. Additional contact name - Arnie Broms / Lynn Broms .

movers (32)piano movers (28)

01/29/2021

Kelly K.

The whole process from booking to completion was WONDERFUL! They’re prices were good and the movers were so efficient and fast. Enrique and his team were in constant communication with us, took great care of our belongings, and hustled the entire time. We highly recommend Broms and will be calling them for any of our future business or home moves. Just excellent!

Description of Work
Local Move + piano

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

Thank you for the excellent review! We appreciate the great feedback and please call us anytime you need a mover. We will be glad to help.

06/30/2020

Cherl W.

From begging to end the experience with Broms Moving Co. was excellent. Lynn spoke with me and asked enough questions to give me an accurate quote. Scheduling was easy. Communication on meeting at the storage facility was excellent. I had a a 3 man crew who could not have been more efficient but most importantly were extremely careful to wrap everything so there would be no damage. All three were extremely professional. The move required using a freight elevator in a very old Chicago building but they had no problems at all. I could not be more satisfied and highly recommend Broms for any one's moving needs.

Description of Work
Moving furniture for a one bedroom apartment from storage unit to new apartment

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate it! Please call us anytime, we would be glad to help. Best of luck in your new home.

12/04/2019

EILEEN W.

Top notch service. Movers were fast, careful and very respectful. One of our moves was from a storage facility where the management is very fussy. They latercalled me to ask the name of the moving company because they were so impressed with their work.

Description of Work
Large, multi-day, multi-location move

Work Completed On 11/25/2019

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate the time you took to write this. We are glad you were happy with our service! Best of luck in your home.

10/15/2019

Bill C.

The Broms team was excellent from explaining their quote to assigning a great team of experienced movers. The guys led by Kenny were a riot to be with all day. I moved my piano and other furniture from the western suburbs of Chicago to Milwaukee. Every item was wrapped. The team was efficient. No damage. Smooth operation. Several other firms quoted lower prices but none gave me the sense of professionalism and experience delivered by Broms. They asked the right questions about my needs, supplied the right equipment for my piano and assigned TRAINED and experienced piano movers.

Description of Work
Piano move from Chicago to Milwaukee

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

Review for Broms Moving And Storage - 1850 Howard St, Elk Grove Village, IL - 38172771

[Member Name Removed] we can't thank you enough for the confidence and this review. We sincerely appreciate your business as we know there are many movers to choose from and we are happy you selected us. The men really enjoyed moving you and we all send our best to you (and your beautiful piano) !! Thanks for the great picture. Unless you own a piano, you have no idea what it takes to move one ;)

09/19/2019

Debra D.

They took a few minutes to determine what was the best way to get the piano out. Had pads and a dolly to muscle it down the stairs to their truck. No damage done.

Description of Work
Piano moving

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

Review for Broms Moving And Storage - 1850 Howard St, Elk Grove Village, IL - 38119277

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate it. Please call us again if we can help you !

08/15/2019

Juan M.

Working with Broms was great from beginning to end. Lynn was very responsive and easy to talk to. She personally came out to assess the situation and provide an estimate for the work, doing a great job explaining how they do things along the way. And then the crew came on the day of the move and were fantastic. Courteous, professional, and a lot of fun. They packed the truck super efficiently, and no damage done to our furniture or walls, unlike our previous experience with another moving company. Very impressed! Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Moving service for a 4BR home

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Thank you for the great review! We truly appreciate it and please call us if we can help with anything!

06/03/2019

ANTHONY G.

Absolutely the best moving crew I have ever come across, and I have used many companies over the last 40 years. Ken and his crew are the best!

Description of Work
Moved Piano, couch, cast iron stove and patio furniture.

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

12/11/2018

Amanda C.

Excellent service from the first email/phone call to the actual move of the piano. Very pleased!!!

Description of Work
Piano move from Schaumburg to Sycamore

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

06/28/2018

STAN G.

Had not moved in 28 years and was concerned. Crew of 5 friendly, courteous efficient men moved our furniture. Head man told me that they were there to take the stress out of moving and they did. Two large pieces of furniture were disassembled and reassembled without problems along with the rest of the furniture. Great job. Would hire again in an instant.

Description of Work
Moved 4 bedroom home furnishings to 4 bedroom home

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

06/16/2018

Kimberly M.

These guys are great! They were punctual and very professional. I’ve used other movers and Brom’s is the best. My move took less time than estimated and was cheaper than the original quote

Description of Work
Moved my family of 4 from Hoffman Estates to Schaumburg

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the feedback! We are glad the move was smooth and fast. Please call on us anytime.

05/28/2018

Ellen C.

We had some time constraints and Lynn was very helpful. We were very happy with Lynn and her staff. The price was cheaper than other piano movers We called and got quotes from.

Description of Work
We needed to have a piano moved from Chicago to New Jersey.

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

Thank you for the feedback and working with us on your move. Please call us anytime!

05/17/2018

steve F.

We moved from Highland Park, IL to Manhattan. Lynn Broms was friendly and helpful. Most importantly, she was creative and flexible, which ended up saving us a good amount of money in the end. :-) We did almost all of the packing ourselves, all they packed were some art work, which they did an excellent job at. Move-out and move-in happened on-time. One thing that I really appreciated is that two of the 4 move-out people were also on the move-in crew, so there was continuity. Both teams were good-natured and worked well together. (I've read reviews of other companies where the team bickered.) The only negative thing I can mention is that one of the book boxes ended up split along one corner. No contents were lost or damaged. Turns out I was largely at fault because I didn't pack that box all the way up to the top, like Lynn had advised me to do. The result is that since book boxes are normally at the bottom of the pile, the boxes on top weakened and split the box I hadn't packed right. But no harm done, they just had to carry it carefully. I would use Broms again in an instant.

Description of Work
Move from Chicago suburb to Manhattan

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

08/29/2017

PATRICIA M.

This was our final move. It was excellent.

Description of Work
We moved in stages.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

08/29/2017

PATRICIA M.

We used them a couple of times. We used them three times. This was the first time.

Description of Work
We moved in stages.

Work Completed On 01/05/2017

07/10/2017

Nancy S.

The move went extremely well! The guys were neat and and fast. They were done in no time!

Description of Work
We moved from one town to another.

Work Completed On 06/08/2017

07/05/2017

Brenda S.

They had 9 workers loading up a 60 ft truck. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until they delivered our furniture. They had 4 guys unloading the truck at our new home. Two were doing most of the work, one was the driver who just organized the truck. They damaged our stairs with a damaged dolly, scraping the finish off our hardwood stairs. Lynn Broms, who was my main contact with the company, assured me they had liability insurance to cover the damage. The workers left after unloading our stuff, not putting together the items they had taken apart, living room table, spare bedroom bed, dresser mirrors etc. they said they were too tired to stay and finish, that the company would send someone to finish. Nine days later they sent a handyman. He used a marker to try and fix the chipped hardwood stairs. I told LYN Broms as well as sent pictures that this did not cover the damage. She told me to get two estimates to repair the stairs which I did, then she said the insurance would not repair the damaged stairs.

Description of Work
They moved our furniture from Illinois to Chattanooga area.

Work Completed On 06/03/2017

Review for Broms Moving And Storage - 1850 Howard St, Elk Grove Village, IL - 35389732

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. After working on the logistics of this move and all the moving parts we were able to send our helper back to complete the assembly of some items, however, the customer refused because her husband was out of town at that time and preferred to wait. We then made sure to address and take care of any items of concern. As far as the stairs, we did send a professional repairman who was able to match the color of the stain. The customer refused the service and insisted the stairs should be replaced. We did submit this to our insurance company and the claim was denied due to the fact that the stairs could be repaired and not replaced. We did everything we could to provide this customer with the best service possible and am sorry that in the end she still was not satisfied.

06/20/2017

James F.

The crew of four worked hard and at a steady pace. They were polite and careful. They did not have a large enough truck and had to take a longer time than usual to load the truck to fit everything inside. Since we paid per hour, this was very expensive. One of the crew of four also had a medical issue and had to leave after a few hours. Had to get a replacement. I don't think that we were totally compensated for this in the hourly rate. I had to rent a small van to fit the rest of our belongings. The head of the crew tried to get management to allow a second crew on another job to move the small amount that didn't fit on the truck to move it for no charge, but they declined and said there would be a charge.

Description of Work
Move my home

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the time you took to write it. Please see your bill of lading line item #2 to see the full credit for the time it took to replace our man who was ill. I also wanted to remind you that we did discuss prior to your move that you had more than one truckload, but you decided that you would move any left over items yourself and did not want to pay for a second truck. (We did send our largest 26 ft. straight truck). Wishing you the best of luck in your new home.

03/20/2017

Marlene S.

Scheduled & arrived promptly. Professional move...inventory done. Everything was perfect! If I need a mover, Broms is my first choice. Price quoted & very reasonable. Movers were polite, clean & friendly. Excellent experience. Will recommend to all. Follow up by customer service was terrific & welcomed so I could express my appreciation of their services!

Description of Work
Broms Moving & Storage moved and stored a Grand Piano for my employer. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Work Completed On 02/09/2017

01/31/2017

PATRICIA M.

It was a wonderful experience......no problems.

Description of Work
We needed a mover who would move us in three stages as we prepared for a stager to re-arrange our home. Brom Movers have done an excellent job for us and we certainly can recommend them.

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] we truly appreciate you taking the time to let other people know you were happy with our service and we look forward to working with you again.

01/03/2017

Sue H.

I would recommend them! They are great!

Description of Work
They helped us move a piano.

Work Completed On 12/15/2016

12/02/2016

Robert H.

We had 6men moving us and they did a great job. Nothing was broken or scratched.

Description of Work
ove everything we own from a 4 bedroom colonial to a ranch house a short distance away.

Work Completed On 09/21/2016

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure to work with you and we hope that everything is going well for you in your new home. Lynn Broms

09/26/2016

Carol S.

It went great. I had the same crew loading and unloading. They were very careful, hard working and personable. They helped me with placement of furniture to my liking, even moving my grandfather clock three times until it looked good to me. :) I liked them a lot. I also liked working with Lynn who put the estimate together. She was on top of things.

Description of Work
Moved household from Wilmette to Wisconsin.