Richard's Tree Service Inc.

Founded 2005 • With Angi since April 2011

1122 Prickett Ave

Edwardsville, IL 62025

Family owned and operated with 20+ years of experience providing our valued customer with professional, dependable, quality tree care at affordable prices. My family and I look forward to meeting your needs with prompt service....

10/18/2018

Mick G.

Corresponding with this owner for over 2 months. He would not meet me in person.. came over to my house when I was not home and got estimates. I wanted all trees and shrubs trimmed. He just gave me estimates for a couple of trees. I called him again to get estimates again. He finally gave me a correct estimate. Several weeks ago I asked him to schedule me. He never responded so I emailed him again. He said he would not accept job because he was going to work on hurricane areas. I know he was highly recommended by you. I will not contact him again.

Description of Work
Trees and shrubs trimmed

Category tree service

Yes it took 2 trips to do the estimate as I was not given all the info the first time and as I explained to you office hours are Monday- Friday 8-5. If you choose not to be available during those times, that is beyond my control. As you hired me to do the work, I believe the dissatisfaction with the bid process in your review is exaggerated due to you being upset that I had to cancel. I apologize I had to cancel the job as I was called away on a National Disaster, I as I also explained I am a FEMA contractor and there was a CAT 5 hurricane that wiped out an entire city and left 10's of thousands homeless. If you wish to give me an F for canceling your small trim job to go assist in rescue and recovery operations for the worst storm to hit the US in over 50 years, I'll gladly take it. Every bit of this was explained to you at the time and if you feel your job was more important than the dozens who lost their lives and the almost 100k people who lost everything including their homes, you are not someone I wish to work for!

08/06/2017

Matthew G.

Richard provided a bid and the next day he had the tree removed. I was amazed by the crews teamwork and how fast and efficient the job got done. Stump removal also went great. Absolutely use these guys if you need a job done.

Description of Work
Cut down Tree

04/19/2017

Steven L.

I called Richard's Tree Service to get an estimate on a Monday. He left the estimate for me on Tuesday for when I got home from work, I called him on Wednesday morning to accept the estimate and by Wednesday afternoon the tree was gone! That is OUTSTANDING. He made this very easy and was very professional to work with. I will definitely work with him again in the future.

Description of Work
I needed a pine tree cut down in my back yard, not a difficult job, but a nuisance tree for me and my neighbor.

03/05/2017

Amanda G.

I have used Richard's Tree Service a few times, most recently to clean up a fallen tree and an overgrown area. I have always been very happy with the work performed. I would definitely use them as needed in the future.

Description of Work
Trim & clean up fallen trees

11/13/2015

Carolyn G.

When I phoned Richard's Tree Service on 10/19/15 to request an estimate for removal of a tree in our yard, as well as the trimming of several shrubs, my call went to voicemail, where I was assured I would be called back. It has now been four weeks since I left that message, & I have received no reply at all. This is poor business practice. If his business was really that backed up, someone should have phoned to let us know that & given us some idea of when we might expect someone to come out & give us the estimate.

Description of Work
Never returned our call requesting a free estimate for tree removal & shrub trimming.

Category lawn service,tree service

I'm sorry to have missed your call but there is no need to get nasty. If it were that important for you to speak with me, I'm not sure why you didn't call back knowing from the voicemail I was backed up? Also had you actually read the ad you would have known I do not service Sinclar County. While I have a crew that assists me is the actual cutting of trees, I have no managers,secretaries, supervisors, tax consultants, book keepers, shop mechanic, or estimators. I personally work on and oversee every job to assure the very best for my customers as well as all the above,16hrs a day 7 days a week for over 10yrs. All this along with trying to find time to be a father and husband, so if I mistakenly missed returning 1 call out of the 20 a day I get to someone who lives outside my service area and didn't take the time to read the ad, please forgive me. I truly hope people in your life don't judge you this harshly for simple mistakes. But I'm sure that won't happen, you surely never failed to return a call right?

07/18/2015

James B.

Richard and his crew were professional and quick in finishing the job we had them do. He even went as far as to provide us with as mulch of the wood chips as we wanted. Additionally, my wife asked him to cut logs in different sizes for some projects she wants to do (read: what she wants me to do). Richard did so free of charge! We would definitely recommend Richard's Tree Service to our friends! In fact, we saw them right across the street just recently.

Description of Work
We had Richard and his crew come out and and remove a large silver maple tree sometime in May.

Category mulch,tree service

Thank you sir, it was a pleasure working with you! I have been wondering how your wifes (read your) projects turned out? They sounded really cool. Please let us know if we can be of any help in the future, and thanks again for letting us serve you!

11/07/2014

Paul K.

Richard called me the next day after I left a message seeking a bid. He came a day later on Sunday afternoon and quoted me a price. I hired him on the spot with a handshake. I normally seek many bids on larger projects, but I had a good feeling about this. He and his team arrived early Monday as promised. The team did a terrific job on the project. Clean up is very important to me and I let Richard know that during the bid. You couldn't tell I had any work done, other than the nice looking trees, because the team thoroughly cleaned the entire job site. After the job was done, Richard pointed something out to me I never thought about. He accompanied me out to the street facing my house and pointed out how nice a home looks if all the tree aprons are at the same height throughout the entire landscape. He expertly trimmed all the trees on a very large lot where all the aprons, or start of the leaves and branches up if you will, were at the same height. A huge attention to detail I never thought of before and makes the curb appeal awesome. I will hire Richard and his team again!

Description of Work
Removed 1 medium size tree, about 30' tall. Heavily trimmed 3 Bradford Pears; all very large. Heavily trimmed 2 sizable ornamental trees; very large for the type of trees. Lightly trimmed 2 medium sized oaks. Heavily trimmed 2 very large bushes.

Category landscaping,lawn service,tree service

11/01/2014

Ralph M.

Provider hired to take down tree on my property.Tree fell on the neighbors property causing damage to that property. Provider did nothing to correct his errors or pay compensation to the neighbor for damages caused by the provider. Provider's response to inquires were mean spirited and very unprofessional. Further, After submitting an initial bid and it was accepted, upon appearing on site he requested another bid which was almost double the original estimate.

Description of Work
Cut down tree

Category tree service

This is completely untrue! My initial bid was for 850 to "drop tree into the woods" that I was told belonged to the [member name removed] by [member name removed] with no mention of a property line. The estimate included a senior discount after which [member name removed] went to Angies List and purchased a Big Deal coupon that plainly states is not to be used with any other discount AND must be purchased prior to an estimate which I honored anyway. Upon arriving at the job [member name removed] decided some of the logs would be too large and asked about hauling the tree away which did infact double the price of the tree, and was the beginning of the [member name removed] trying to con me into doing the haul off for free. After completing the job and placing everything in the woods I was told their grandson wanted the fire wood and asked if I could cut some of the larger pieces up for him to move, which I agreed to do AT NO CHARGE when I told [member name removed] it would be a day or so till I could get back by to do that, she refused to pay me for the work I had done until I came back to cut up the few logs I was doing for free. When I went to cut up the logs as promised, the neighbor came out and asked when the tree would be removed from his property. At this point the neighbor notified me that "the woods" were not the [member name removed] property and having had property disputes with them in the past was quite certain they knew exactly where the property line lay. I told him I was only hired to put the tree on the ground and that I was told the [member name removed] grandson was doing the cleanup and if he had questions he should contact the [member name removed]. I was later contacted by [member name removed] and he threatened that if I did not do the haul off for free he would sue me for damages. I told him I was not my responsibility to survey his property line but would work with him on doing the haul off at a reduced price just to keep everyone happy and be done with the situation. At this point [member name removed] stated he was a retired judge and was quite sure with all his friends in the courts he would win a law suite, and threatened to have his wife commit perjury by saying she had told me from the beginning about the property line. At that point I ended all contact with the the [member name removed] and turned it all over to my insurance to handle. Having spoken to other contractors who have done work for the the [member name removed], it has become apparent that the [member name removed] make a habit of defrauding people and threatening lawsuits to get services cheap or free. I hope anyone seeking my services who reads this review will realize there are unethical homeowners just as there are contractors and will let my reputation speak for itself despite this particular review.

08/27/2014

Kathleen S.

I would give this company an A+ if I could. Richard came earlier to give me a quote of $650. Today, he and his team came to do the trimming. The first thing he did was have me walk with him around my entire yard so I could tell him exactly what I wanted trimmed. I'm very particular and only wanted certain branches trimmed and in some cases only part of the branch. I wanted to make sure my patio and other areas would still have shade. They did EXACTLY what I wanted them to do. They were very polite to work with. Very careful not to damage any of my hostas or dogwood trees in a large landscaped area under one of the large oak trees they were trimming. They cleaned up my yard as they went along. There was some debris on my patio, and I told them I would be glad to clean that up, and they said, no mam,that's our job. We have a sprinkler system and my husband marked some of the heads. We asked them to be careful. I don't think anyone could have been more careful or done a better job. Thanks

Description of Work
Richard's Tree Service trimmed 10 trees in my yard today.

Category landscaping,lawn service,tree service

08/15/2014

Mark H.

Very well. Extremely happy wit the service.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and stump removal.

1:16 Lawn Care

We offer Jerseyville, Illinois homeowners and property owners with the very best residential and commercial lawn care services. 1:16 Lawn Care provides landscape design and maintenance services that are reliable and affordable. Our crew of dedicated and skilled landscapers can help with routine services such as lawn mowing and trimming to larger yard projects including landscape and patio paver & concrete installation, landscape restoration and seasonal property clean ups.

Amandas Greenthumb Lawn & Landscaping LLC

L & P Landscaping LLC

We are a family owned bussines serving the St Louis city / County in the following trades: Lawn care Landscaping Hardscape Fencing Concrete Retaining Walls Patios Garden design Mulch Tree services Sod installation Construction Handyman We stand behind our work as everything we do we do it with our customers in mind, no job is to big or ro small for us, we are committed to customer satisfaction and set high expectations.

Satisfaction

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Richard's Tree Service Inc.

How is Richard's Tree Service Inc. overall rated?

Richard's Tree Service Inc. is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Richard's Tree Service Inc. open?

Richard's Tree Service Inc. is open:

What payment options does Richard's Tree Service Inc. provide

Richard's Tree Service Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Richard's Tree Service Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Richard's Tree Service Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Richard's Tree Service Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Richard's Tree Service Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Richard's Tree Service Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Richard's Tree Service Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Richard's Tree Service Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Richard's Tree Service Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Richard's Tree Service Inc.?

No, Richard's Tree Service Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Richard's Tree Service Inc. offer?

Richard's Tree Service Inc. offers the following services: Tree care, thinning, trimming, removal, topping, landscaping, stump grinding, light hauling, firewood & mulch. 24hr emergency service. Free estimates.