Woods Basement Systems Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since January 2004

It's been 30 years since Rick and Anna Lee Woods founded Woods Basement Systems, and today the company is one of the largest foundation repair and waterproofing contractors in Missouri and Illinois, serving both residential and commercial clients. Working from a 16,000 square-foot office facility,

4.3

4.4

4.4

basement waterproofing (174)well & water pump repair (35)foundation repair (31)mudjacking (12)basement remodeling (9)concrete repair (9)drain pipe installation (6)egress window (6)water damage restoration (5)insulation (3)window replacement (1)radon mitigation (1)

11/01/2022

Dawn C.

I thought Woods Basement system seemed like a great company when the sales guy came out and when they installed the beam system to support my basement wall. The price was very high, but I was stupid and went with them. I found out a couple of months later the system they used is not recommended with a walk out basement. I emailed the sales guy and the customer service people and I can't get a reply out of them. I just wanted to know why they used that system and was being open minded that maybe I didn't understand the full story, but these people won't even respond!! I could buy a good used car for what I am paying them and they aren't even professional enough to respond to me!! Horrible! I would never recommend them now! My daughter also had same issues in her basement and they were also the most expensive when she got numerous bids and they also recommended the same system that numerous companies said isn't good for a walkout basement including a structural engineer! Again, I am so sorry I did business with them!!

Description of Work
Installed beams to support wall that was moving, covering cracks and lifting porch and garage floor

10/28/2022

Tim A.

Share your experience to help others Reviews Alljob 172 work 69 efficient 23 technician 22 +6 Sort by Most relevant Newest Highest Lowest twalbertson 1 photo 2 weeks ago NEW Services: Water & moisture control services, Structural construction assistance, Basement waterproofing Critical: Professionalism, Punctuality, Responsiveness My wife and I bought a house that had previously had a issue with sinking and woods basement systems inc. had installed piers to keep the house from sinking any further and they give a lifetime of the structure warranty. Shortly after … More Trisha Perks 6 reviews·4 photos 2 months ago Service: Repair flooring Critical: Quality, Responsiveness DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I have had the worst experience with this business. I have contacted several managers, foremen and even the operation director …no calls back. I used them for … More 10 Chris Rambo 10 reviews·5 photos 10 months ago Positive: Professionalism Nathan & his crew did a great job installing interior water guard on 2 walls in my finished basement. This included the 3 sump pumps and new drain pipes about 20 feet from the house. Nathan answered all my questions before and during the … More Woods Basement Systems, Inc. (Owner) 10 months ago Wonderful - thanks for telling us and we will tell the team! Kampala Ranch Arabians 14 reviews·5 photos 4 months ago They came out to RE-REPAIR one of my basement walls. Their "fix" was failing. I now have humps and holes in my yard. They left all of the duct tape marking measurements on the wall of my house. They left their trash in my yard. Totally disappointed. They actually want me to have them do additional work on my home. Are they kidding?! 7 Woods Basement Systems, Inc. (Owner) 4 months ago Sorry this has occurred. Also, I am having an issue finding your account from the name listed on this review. Please contact our customer care team at 800-388-9326 so we can take care of this for you. twalbertson 1 photo 2 weeks ago NEW Services: Water & moisture control services, Structural construction assistance, Basement waterproofing Critical: Professionalism, Punctuality, Responsiveness My wife and I bought a house that had previously had a issue with sinking and woods basement systems inc. had installed piers to keep the house from sinking any further and they give a lifetime of the structure warranty. Shortly after purchasing the home we noticed new cracks in the drywall. So we called woods to come out and take a look. During the inspection I asked the woods employee if he had the original measurements from when the piers were done. He said he couldn't find them in his system but that the issue I was having is from the basement wall pushing in. That i would need to spend over $7000 in bracing to fix the problem. I went a long with a condition that they would find the original measurements so that we can make sure the house has not continued to sink. A install date was set for July 7th 2022. When the installers showed up to work they discovered that the plans they had were drawn incorrectly only after they had drilled several large holes in the foundation in the wrong spot and they would have to cancel for the day and reschedule so they could have the correct plans. I was rescheduled a couple weeks later during this time we had a rain storm and some of the holes they drilled leaked water destroying the carpet. When they returned to finish the work they were half way through and the building inspector failed there work because the wall anchors we set 15" to high and would not work. So they ended up canceling for the rest of the day because they were going to have start over and did not have time to finish. So I was rescheduled again for a couple weeks out. All the while I still haven't received the original measurements or been offered any kind of compensation for the carpet. I was then canceled on at least 4 times for various reasons. At this point, the at most 2 day project had been going on for almost 3 months. After calling and complaining several times the job was finally completed Oct 4, was offered $500 that doesn't even cover the carpet!

Description of Work
Foundation repair and drain tile installation

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/04/2022

Review for Woods Basement Systems Inc - 524 Vandalia St, Collinsville, IL - 39926356

05/11/2022

Marcia C.

Did a terrible job on my basement entire job had to be done over. Was promised a partial refund by Mike Jones but still haven’t received it. Spoke with Kevin who processes refund and still receiving the run around how about I take my 1100.00 that’s owed to me out of somebody’s a**

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 03/21/2022

Review for Woods Basement Systems Inc - 524 Vandalia St, Collinsville, IL - 39729238

09/08/2021

Cynthia P.

What a terrible job! Did not place piers all around the house and the lifting of the house one pier at a time has caused structural damage to my home. They refuse to fix the problem or refund me for piers not used or resulting structural damage. Will have to try class action suit against them. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Description of Work
Piers put all around the house

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

03/15/2021

Erin M.

We signed a contract for GeoLock Anchor System foundation repair the end of October. Late January was the earliest the work could be scheduled. When the installers arrived they determined that the estimator had made an error on the number of braces required. Then after they began the work, they decided due to soil conditions that they had to switch to the PowerBrace Anchor system instead. Understandable. A couple of days after the installation, I contacted the company asking for an updated copy of the contract and warranty that listed the acutal system that was installed. 54 days, several calls, and several emails later, I still have not received the corrected documentation that I requested and have not received any reasonable explanation for the delay. I am extremely disappointed with this poor customer service and would not recommend.

Description of Work
Foundation Wall Repair

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

10/28/2020

Mike K.

My daughter took off work to wait for them. They never came. Never called. Complete fail. If 0 stars was possible, I would.

Description of Work
Estimates for sidewalk leveling, driveway joint sealants, crawlspace water mitigation, crawlspace insulation improvements.

Category concrete repair, insulation, basement waterproofing, mudjacking

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

08/25/2020

George M.

My uncle needed repairs in his crawl space and Dave and his team were able to execute a great solution. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Crawl space repair

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

08/25/2020

Kayla B.

It was great. We used them for 5 years. We have a very complicated issue in our home and they went above and beyond made sure we are very satisfied. They have been amazing. They stand by their warranty 100%. The crew that we had yesterday, they were the so descriptive and patient. They were extremely helpful.

Description of Work
Waterproofing.

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Thanks for your loyalty and for choosing us to help, we appreciate your trust.

08/14/2020

pat (woman) N.

The service was excellent. They came when they said they would be here. They cleaned everything up when they were done. I couldn't be happier. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
They did work on the foundation walls.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

08/14/2020

chip N.

They do a great job. They under-promise and over-deliver. They always do it on time and their workers are very nice. They are always on budget and I would highly recommend them. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They put in a back up sump pump, a radon system, did crack repair, and did some piering work. They also put some poly-lift underneath our driveway and concrete patio

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

Thanks for doing this review, we appreciate you as a valued customer.

02/25/2020

Judy F.

They did a good job, they were expensive but it was worth it. They were very nice and very professional.

Description of Work
They came and took care of the moisture in the basement and put sump pump in.

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

08/13/2019

Justin G.

In short, this company uses high pressure sales tactics and is more interested in taking your money than providing support and good service to their customers. I called for a quote to repair a foundation crack in our basement. The sales rep told us the only fix was to install an expensive drain system and not repair the crack. Turns out all i needed to do was get my gutters cleaned. Now after cancelling they are refusing to return my deposit. This is unacceptable. Woods did not inspect my current drainage system to see that the system was clogged and unable to direct water from the problem area. I would have expected woods to do a thorough evaluation of my current system before recommending anything. Red flags went up immediately at the end of the quote session when i asked if I would not see water come through the crack. I was told he could not guarantee that and was told they could put the vinyl surround on the walls so we wouldn't see the water seeping in. This is not a fix at all and the true fix was a simple gutter cleaning. I was told we had to make the decision that night to get the 5% discount. It was very high pressure and now when I find all this out they are refusing to give me my 30% deposit back. Do not expect this company to fix your problems, expect them to recommend products you do not need to get money out of you. Please look at their reviews on Angie's List, they have done this to other people as well. Do what is right Woods, give me my money back. You have provide ZERO value to me, and did not do a thorough inspection. You should have never recommended anything to me, you clearly didn't not do a full inspection and still took my money. This is clearly a SCAM. These are common parts your company uses every day, I do not accept that you can't give me my deposit. My installation was scheduled over a month away, end of Sept. 2019 Beware future customers, go somewhere else or get scammed by this company. Look at the photos of the clogged gutters, how could they have missed this?

Description of Work
Foundation Crack

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

Review for Woods Basement Systems Inc - 524 Vandalia St, Collinsville, IL - 38043459

To have our full warranty, unlike any other warranty in our industry, it take our exclusive patent products so that we can stand behind our work.

08/07/2019

Thomas M K.

They came out quoted a price for the repair. Gave them a deposit and was given a date for the work to be done about 2 months later. Two days before they were supposed to start work, they called up and said they were backed up and would have to postpone it for a additional week. I complained since I had already arranged to take a day of vacation for the original date. They were unable to find a way to start on the original date. A few days later one of their managers called me up and said he was looking over the proposal and decided that since what I wanted was mainly just concrete work that was not something his company was interested in doing. He canceled the job, after wasting 2 months of my time and said he would refund my deposit, which they had for those same 2 months.

Description of Work
Basement floor and walkout floor cracked.

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

We are sorry this happened to you and the trouble it caused. We understand that it was something we should have addressed sooner. We understand the reason for such a poor rating and are taking steps to make sure this doesn't happen to someone else. Again, we are sorry we wasted your time and did not come through for you with the work we proposed.

07/26/2019

Barry B.

Had some attic work done by Woods Basement less than a year ago - there were a number of challenges during the install but at the end of the day I accepted the work that was done. Now the radiant barrier product that they stapled to the roof rafters are pealing down. I am not certain if it is a problem related to the product quality installed by Woods Basement or if Woods Basement installed it incorrectly. I have contacted Woods Basement via email with the videos below and am getting no response. I needed others to understand my experience in how they stand behind their work in hopes that it will help them make a decision about their use of the company. youtube.com/watch?v=1ryF… youtube.com/watch?v=Kcv2…

Description of Work
Radiant barrier in attic

Category insulation

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

We have scheduled a date to do all the repairs under the warranty at no cost. We stand behind our work and will get your attic repaired under the scope of the warranty so it will be 100% like before.

10/20/2018

Throught the years, I had used woods to repair cracks that were forming on several walls including areas were water was actually engressing after rains. However. I never had water in my sump. Woods would come out, inspect and put polymer seal in the cracks and before you know it, another crack would form. I decided to have the basement completely finished out and the contractor I hired, ProBasement told me we had to fix the water problem first. I told them I had spent thousands of dollars with Woods and still had problems. The ProBasement folks analyzed the situation and told me my 360 degree tile drain installed when the house was built was not functioning. They jackhammered concrete on the inside of the basement, put in new corrugated plastic piping, hooked it up to the sump pump and water began pouring in. Problem fixed!! Wood's never went to look for root cause; they were making a bundle just coming out and sealing new crack formations due to the hydraulic pressure of not having a working foundation drain system properly installed. Poor engineering on their behalf. If you have basement water issues, these people are not your solution!

Description of Work
Basement walls cracking and leaking

Work Completed On 11/02/2016

07/27/2018

Carrie B.

It was like the tech was at the wrong house or unable to understand the issue because none of his recommendations related to where the water was coming in. He tried to sell us about $21k in services, none of which would solve the problem as far as we could tell. The more questions we asked the less the answers made any sense. Honestly if he had been able to solve the problem we called about, he probably could have sold us the dehumidifier system if he had taken the time to notice we were running two we picked up at Home Depot while he was on site. He was supposed to get back to us on how to solve our actual problem but has not done so yet.

Description of Work
We had 4-5 areas where water came in during a recent heavy rain.

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

05/10/2018

Mark and kim C.

I found somebody else to do the job, this company didn't reply promptly enough. Started to get multiple calls to my cell phone and yesterday they contacted me at work. I will make this very clear, I never give out my work number. I work in a hospital critical care setting and do not want or need phone calls, this is the reason their calls to cell went unanswered. They have obviously somehow tracked down my place of employment and decided by their own level of standards that this was acceptable.

Description of Work
flooded basement

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

We are sorry to have troubled you at work. Our appointment center team was diligent enough to have a work number listed in our database on your account but again we apologize for making that call. If we can be of any help to you in the future please call us.

04/08/2018

James C.

Mason and his crew went above and beyond what was required and they were courteous and efficient. John and his helper, also, did an excellent job of refinishing the family room with waterproof material.

Description of Work
Sump pump and drain tile around interior walls of basement, replace family room walls with waterproof material

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

We appreciate this review and will pass this along to Mason and his crew plus to the whole team! Thanks for choosing Woods!

08/31/2017

Jay W.

Ryan and his crew were very professional and did an excellent job. To our surprise, there was very little dust or mess. John and Danny completed the wall restoration and stayed late to finish and make sure we were happy with the finished product. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Perimeter trenches and sump pump installation along with wall restoration.

Category remodeling, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

07/23/2017

Anne H.

Very expensive, and except for spilling cement on our carpeting going down to the basement, the work was pretty good. The "cleanup" did not include a lot of residue dust or moving back the shelving, so we ended up paying a cleanup fee to another company.

Description of Work
Digging thought around (inside) basement perimeter and installing a gravel mix, re-cementing it; after their inspection a year later, the company rep strongly recommended an additional dehumidifier to prevent mold.

06/09/2017

Jorge A.

I would consider calling them only if cost were not an issue and I had unlimited bags of money... After waiting for over two weeks for the appointment at the finished basement home. I contacted the tenant to find out what the proposal was (I was out of state). They said the tech. was in there for about 10 minutes with a notepad and talked about ripping walls and studs and sump pumps, etc. But he left no proposal (contrary to their "Proposal at time of appointment" guarantee). I called the office and they sounded surprised that no proposal was left and assured me they would e-mail me one. A few days later, I called back and the tech was at a function and promised he would have it to me the next day. Four days later, I get a ridiculouse quote for well over $6000. I asked if they could break that down to parts, labor, etc. They said "No". I asked if the job could be done with fewer "bells and whistles", they said "we'll see what we can do and get back to you".....never got back to me. With the crawl space home, I met the tech. and this proposal was for about $19,000.00. But he wouldn't give it to me in writing because then I would "lose my 10% discount". He assured me he would e-mail it to me the next day....never got back to me. I have no doubt that Woods Basement Sys. is all about sell, sell, sell...whether you need it or not is beside the point. If your solution calls for a 5-passenger sedan, they will try to sell you the 45-passenger bus....hopefully you'll bite!

Description of Work
I had them take a look at two properties after some torrential rains, one with a finished basement that leaked significantly and one crawl space that seems to have let a little water in.

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

06/07/2017

J Z.

Very polite and professional, but wanted to hear from other contractors. I got two more quotes and after my 3rd contractor told me we had no hydrostatic pressure and no crack in the wall (he actually cut out a piece of the dry wall to inspect the area), we installed our own French drain. This did the trick. We have had several additional heavy rains since and so far, so good - no seepage and total cost to us of $140!

Description of Work
I had seepage in my basement after the ton of rain we got in April. Had Woods come out to take a look and after extensive background of what they can do and what I would most likely need, got a very high quote of over $9000. I asked how that could be modified. Original work was to include digging a trench the entire perimeter of my basement (inside), installing a sump pump w/backup battery, an outside trench to the street and winterized ice protector things (sorry, forget the technical terms). Modified to just trenching the half where we knew water was getting in, doing all wall removal ourselves and doing away with the back up battery. That did decrease the original quote, but still too expensive for me.