Peter Flooring Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since November 2002

4.1

4100 N Plainfield Ave

Chicago, IL 60634

Owner operated. Working in all state Cost is determined by the job. No travel charge. Additional Contact - Conrad. Additional DBAs - Peter's Flooring Inc, Peterflooring.com....

06/01/2017

Mary E.

Prompt, reliable, high quality work done at a very good price. There was a section of original maple flooring that had been replaced with plywood, and the guys from Peter Flooring replaced that with aged, matching maple. They did such a wonderful job you cannot tell where the repair was done. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
repaired and refinished hardwood floor

03/26/2017

Rachele G.

Frustrating experience. Project took twice as long as quoted because workers didn't show up most days. This impacted our jobs (took days off to meet workers who didn't show) and a previously planned vacation. Spent extra money relocating our pet needlessly. End result wasn't worth it - we continue to find splotchiness, patches without poly finish, and baseboards were all ruined. But the lack of communication was the worst part. We could've dealt with delays/issues if they had been upfront and honest :( Peter was very nice until job was booked, then it was clear that our project was not important.

Description of Work
Hired Peter Flooring to install hardwood flooring in bedroom and refinish existing hardwoods in condo to match.

09/28/2015

Christopher M.

The building is very old. The floors had a dark stain. They came out and gave a reasonable estimate. They removed the dark stain and saw that 17 pieces of wood were bad and had to be replaced at a reasonable price. They did the work and I was very pleased. He took his time around the doors, frames, and corners. I would highly recommend him. He was a little slow on reaching an agreement, but the work is done and his price is very reasonable. He followed through to my exact specifications.

Description of Work
Floor refinishing

06/20/2015

R E.

Floors will be perfect! No gaps, humps, or squeaks. If you just need refinishing it will look like new! Workers are careful around your posoessions. Give instructions to clean and care for afterwards.

Description of Work
Installation and finishing of hardwood flooring and stairs.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

06/02/2015

Tom P.

Peter Flooring was recommended by my realtor who had good experiences with them in the past. I had a different experience. The estimated five day install took two weeks because they ordered the wood but didn't check it and it turned out that it was not the correct wood specified in the contract. Also, they created a huge mess in my garage where they were cutting the wood and inside my home as well. I can understand some dust but this was everywhere, upstairs and downstairs and inside every cabinet. They reinstalled my toilet improperly in the first floor bathroom and as a result a slow leak occurred every flush that got under the wood and ruined it. I brought this to his attention and he sent a guy out to check out the situation. He now wants $1500 more to fix the problem that his crew created. I emailed him and said that this was not acceptable and have not heard back from him since.

Description of Work
Installed wood flooring throughout the first floor of my home.

Category hardwood floor

The project was completed on 04/03/2014. Client was very satisfied with how the floors came out. On 02/17/2015 almost a year later Mr. (member name removed) contacted us to schedule an estimate for repairing the hardwood floors due to water damage coming from the toilet. We came out on 02/20/2015 to check the extent of the damage and sent Mr. (member name removed) a new proposal for repairing the hardwood floors. Due to the fact that the damage occurred after almost a year we could not take responsibility for it. Had it been caused by improper re-installation of the toilet we would have seen damage almost immediately and we would have been happy to come back and fix the issue at no charge. After almost a year we could not have done this for free as Mr. (member name removed) suggested. We feel like we provided proper resolution terms however Mr. (member name removed) did not accept them.

10/03/2014

Robert J.

Took their time to make it perfect.

Description of Work
installed flooring leveled under floor

Category flooring contractor

02/05/2014

deborah Z.

very quick to reply to my call/email. very professional and friendly. Floors are beautiful, and I would use this company again.

Description of Work
sanded and finished 2 bedroom hardwood floors

01/08/2014

ANNE A.

They were great. There are many, many flooring companies out there, but I really like Peter. I used Peter Flooring back in 2002 and was very pleased with their work. I like that they have been around for a long time and they seem to have wood floors down to a science. I think that they are very reasonable and their work is high quality. I like that they provide very detailed proposals of the work they will/will not do. Also, the office staff, particularly, Agnes and Peter himself are extremely knowledgable and helpful. Peter himself always makes himself available via cell phone. They also provide excellent and very detailed instructions for maintaining the floors after they have been installed. They were good about taking care of all the final details (i.e. filling any cracks, reattaching applainces and fixing a baseboard). They even covered an unsightly concrete door threshhold with wood, so that it matches the floors. Sometimes there were communication issues as different crews came to do different things throughout the process, but, as I said, they do have it down to a science. My only surprise this time was the final color of the finish. I picked the same natural finish (no stain), that I used back in 2002 (at least I thought I did), but for some reason, the finish looks very different, still beautiful but different (darker, more red and more grain than the floor I refinished earlier). One explanation might be that the low VOC finish could be a different formula than it was back then. If I had it to do again, I would still ask for the natural finish, but I understand that there is one that can will produce a more even tone in the wood. I just didn't realize that there could be such a wide disparity of results with the same natural finish. Even with the test stain it was not evident. Also, the fumes of the second coat were really strong. We live on the second floor and the work was being done in the first floor apt. so I thought that we were far enough away from it, but I might have preferred to be out of the building altogether. It helped to open windows in the stairwell and the fumes dissipated pretty quickly over night. Thankfully, the final finish was not nearly so bad. I was on a deadline and coordinating the wood floor installation with the electrical and other work was a bit of a challenge, but I really appreciated how cooperative Peter was. As mentioned, I have used them before and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They sanded and refinished hardwood floors in the living room and installed new floors in the two bedrooms and kitchen.

12/01/2013

James L.

We are very pleased with the quality of the work done by Peter Flooring. The men who did the sanding did a fine job and the dust collection system worked very well. The men who applied the stain and the finish likewise did a fine job. They applied several sample stains to the floor to help us choose the stain we ended up with. The major problem we had with Peter Flooring was communication. We had difficulty communicating with the two men who did the sanding. Their command of English was minimal. I was told by a friend that they were speaking Polish to each other. It was frustrating trying to get answers to our questions. We also had some difficulty understanding the men who applied the stain and finish, although one of them knew a fair amount of English. However, the greatest frustration was in trying to contact Peter. I had difficulty reaching him to talk about his proposal. Once I did reach him, we had a good discussion. He was very clear about the schedule: Sanding on Monday and Tuesday, pre-stain to be applied on Wednesday, stain to be applied on Thursday, and the first coat of finish to be applied on Friday, and no work on Saturday and Sunday. Second coat of finish to be applied on Monday of the following week. That schedule was fine with us. Then on Tuesday the schedule got changed to delay the application of the first coat of finish on Friday until the following Monday. This revised schedule was also fine with us. However, the workers did not show up on Thursday at the time they had showed up on previous days. I wasted time waiting for them at the worksite and eventually called the office and was told they wouldn't be working Thursday. After much delay I was told the pre-stain and stain both got applied on Wednesday and that no work would be done on Thursday and Friday because the stain need time to be absorbed by the wood and to dry sufficiently. Nobody from Peter Flooring had notified us that there would be no work done on Thursday and Friday. I had more difficulty reaching Peter to request that he send somebody out to check out the floors to be sure they looked the way they were supposed to look. However, on Monday, one of the workers who would be applying the finish listened to my concerns and adjusted the finish. The bottom line is that we are very pleased with the quality of the work but not pleased with the communication problems.

Description of Work
Sand and stain floors (maple) and apply 2 coats of finish. (approx. 800 square feet).

11/18/2013

Brenda R.

Peter, the owner came out and gave me an estimate and explained the details of the job. When the crew came out they arrived on time each day. They themselves didn't speak the best English but I was always able to get a hold of someone at the office or Peter himself who did speak English whenever I had a question. The floors turned out beautiful and almost look like we had a whole new wooden floor installed.

Description of Work
Completely refinished hardwood floors in my condo unit. Included a total sandout, coatings, and stain. Also replaced 1 metal heating vent that lies in the floor for a wooden one that is flush into the floor.

The ABL Group

The ABL Group provides you with a single source for all your decorating and remodeling needs. Our group of dedicated professionals, artists and craftsman handle each or every element of your project - beginning with its design, continuing through its construction and decoration, and even maintaining the space after we've finished. For more than 30 years, The ABL Group has provided outstanding value and superior customer service up and down the North Shore and throughout its surrounding communities. When you are ready to enhance your built environment, contact The ABL Group. We are "Uniquely Professional." 12 employees. uses subs for plumbing, electrical & hvac. cost is determined by the job. no travel charges. additional contact: howard lipsky. additional email: howard@theablgroup.com. dba abl decorating & remodeling inc. Award winning.

Offers by The ABL Group on Angi
    DYNAMIC COLORS INC

We remain committed to providing you with the same high-quality service you have come to expect during these unprecedented times. We will be conducting consultations regarding estimates over email and phone in lieu of in-person appointments until the stay at home order is lifted. Find out how to schedule a virtual appointment by visiting info.dynamiccolorsinc.com/2020proposals AWARDED BY CHICAGO MAGAZINE AS "BEST HOUSE PAINTER". COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGE. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICE. ASK ABOUT ANGIES LIST DISCOUNT. THREE ROOM INTERIOR MINIMUM AND $1,500 MINIMUM FOR EXTERIOR.

Signature Painting Inc

Signature Painting, Inc. is specializing in interior and exterior painting work in high quality since 1999. We do our best to meet our customer's needs and make them happy as much as we can in professional and timely manner. Residential and commercial. Our work has been published by the Chicago Home and Garden Magazine. 6-8 employees, free estimates, fully insured. EPA certified.

Offers by Signature Painting Inc on Angi

Installation, repair & refinishing of all kinds of wood flooring, domestic & exotic, pre-finished & unfinished.

Vinyl flooring, tiles & carpeting.