Dave Caldwell - Guaranteed Rate

Founded 1998 • With Angi since November 2014

LOCAL CHICAGO LENDER helping homeowner's PURCHASE AND REFINANCE for over 20 years. Senior Vice President of Mortgage Lending - Jumbo, Conventional, FHA, & VA Loans. I've been honored to be ranked in the top 1% of mortgage originators nationally by Mortgage Executive Magazine since 2011. My team and I are available to answer any questions and keep you informed starting with the loan application through closing. You can also visit my web page to apply online anytime. NMLS ID 224318 / Guaranteed Rate NMLS ID 2611 / NMLS Comsumer Access URL http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/...

A Service Provider's profile image

10/21/2021

Doug C.

Dave matched a quote from a competitor, was amazingly responsive and very easy to work with. We were a special case, but we even wound up getting a better deal than was originally quoted! The thing that made it all the more impressive was the whole team at GUARANTEED RATE stepped up and knew what everyone else was doing. The team always responded in a timely matter when an answer was needed. I have already recommended Dave and the Guaranteed Rate team to my friends who are thinking about refinancing.

Description of Work
Refinancing

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

09/30/2020

Erica G.

Dave is great. He is very responsive, emailing or calling me quickly whenever I have questions. He worked with us on refinancing our mortgage and patiently explained the process. He and his team kept us well-informed throughout the entire process. I had some last minute questions about the length of time of our mortgage, and he provided me with the information I needed while offering his helpful expert opinion. I definitely recommend working with Dave- he makes it easy!

Description of Work
Refinance mortgage

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

05/04/2018

Paula D.

I made an offer on my home on a Saturday, and there was another offer as well. Dave took my call while he was out of town and had my pre-approval completed by Sunday. I really appreciate the time he took to make sure I got what I needed. Dave and his team were great during the entire process. They were responsive, kept me informed and made the process seem very easy. I have had another mortgage in the past, and it was not the seamless process it was with Dave.

Description of Work
A mortgage as I was buying a new home.

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

03/13/2018

Luca S.

Fantastic. I have been using Dave at Guaranteed Rate for years and have matched him against banks on occasion. Dave is always ahead of them and even giving me better information. Guaranteed Rate has figured out the formula for streamlining the refi/home mortgage process and make it quite easy. I have never looked back and said that didn't go as well as I hoped. Thanks Dave.

Description of Work
Refinance Home Mortgage

Work Completed On 03/02/2018

03/01/2018

Terri J.

My experience with Dave was outstanding! We first refinanced my mortgage 3 years ago, when my original lender wouldn't even discuss refinancing options. Dave worked very hard to get the right mortgage for my unique circumstances. Being "self employed" and owning a two-flat, it wasn't the simple refinancing you would expect. I was overjoyed he made it work! Most recently, he found a way to combine the main mortgage and the HELOC, so again, Dave worked his magic! I recommend him to anyone looking for either a new mortgage or refinancing. Very professional, friendly, and the entire process was great!

Description of Work
mortgage refinancing

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

02/07/2018

Yiwei Z.

The experience of working with Dave was superb. I feel thankful for my friend's referral and that's how I got connected with Dave. As a first time home buyer, Dave and his "all-star" team really went above and beyond on not only minimizing my anxiety, but also explaining all the necessary steps in detail (with extreme patience!) throughout the process. Dave showed extreme high professionalism and a super CARING attitude. Applying for a mortgage is not an easy task, however, I feel very SAFE and SATISFIED by working with Dave as his knowledge and experience certainly helped me to reduce the stress. Last but not least, as a first time customer with Guaranteed Rate, I strongly believe Dave and his colleagues well-represent what this company can offer. Without a doubt, it is my sincere recommendation to work with Mr. Dave Caldwell, if my friends and family members have such need.

Description of Work
Mortgage Lending

Work Completed On 01/30/2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and congratulations on your first home!

01/29/2018

Kathy N.

The entire process was smooth from my first email to Dave Caldwell to notification that the loan had closed. Dave and his team were very responsive and let me know each step of the way what the status was - without my having to ask. They have a really great online portal where I could upload my documents. The portal is easy to use and I knew immediately if I was missing a document. Signing the required documents was a breeze in the online portal - the system zipped me right to the next place I needed to sign (which was just a click after I did the online signature and saved it). I could easily scroll back and forward to read the document before signing. The final step of closing was so easy - the Title company came to my house at my convenience. It was so easy. Costs are really low - lower than any bank or other mortgage company. Guaranteed Rate has really made this process easy for the people refinancing and Dave was all about making the process easy and smooth. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Guaranteed Rate managed my refinance.

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

Thank you for the great review! Our team and the systems we have in place help make the process a very smooth and efficient experience.

01/19/2018

Jenny S.

Dave and his team were great! We were on a pretty tight timeline to close shortly after the new year. They were very clear about what documents we needed to provided, responsive to questions, moved quickly and explained everything along the way. This is the 3rd mortgage Dave has helped me get, and I've been very pleased with every process. Takes a lot of the stress out of homebuying to have reliable partners!

Description of Work
Dave helped me and my fiance secure a mortgage to buy our new house.

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

Thank you for your continued trust and congratulations on your new home! Glad we were able to meet your timeline.

12/11/2017

John C.

Wonderful! Dave did an excellent job for us and we will certainly call him again!!

Description of Work
Loan pre approval

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

Thank you for the great review and we're looking forward to helping you once you find a home.

12/07/2017

Kelly V.

Dave was extremely helpful during our home buying experience. Dave helped us from the very beginning, quoting us on the most affordable mortgage loan and he remained involved throughout the entire process. Dave was very punctual in his responses to the list of many questions that we had as first time home buyers. He was informative and able to explain all of the technicalities in a simple and educational way that allowed us to feel comfortable with our choices throughout the process. We can't thank him enough for all of his help. He really went the extra mile. I have referred him to many friends and family who are just starting their home buying experience as I know they will be taken care of.

Description of Work
Dave helped us with our mortgage financing for our new home.

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and congratulations on your new home! Your referrals are much appreciated as well.

12/06/2017

Nancy P.

Exactly as expected, fabulous. Dave delivers on his promises, always meets deadlines and has a wonderful communication style. My clients trust him, to me a most important ingredient. It helps that Davis also is very personable. AAA all the way.

Description of Work
referred home buyers to Dave to obtain financing for their home purchases.

Work Completed On 12/06/2017

Thank you for your kind words and for your continued trust and client referrals.

12/05/2017

Daniel M.

Dave came highly recommended to me from a friend. Dave was very knowledgeable about the mortgage market and work hard to get me the best rate available. The process couldn't have been easier. Guaranteed Rate has an awesome web based system to download all the documents needed to be approved. It made what is usually a dreaded process super easy. Awesome job Dave!

Description of Work
Mortgage Loan on a vacation home

Work Completed On 12/05/2017

Glad we were able to make your experience an enjoyable one. Congratulations on your new home!

11/30/2017

Daniel J.

I've worked with Dave on 5 mortgage/refinance transactions now and they have all gone smoothly. He and his team are top notch. Next time I'm in the market for a loan or refinance he will be my first call.

Description of Work
Mortgage for a second home.

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

Thank you for continuing to trust us for your home financing Congratulations on your vacation home!

08/03/2017

kelly J.

Great, David was on time prompt efficient and very courteous. I am very happy with the work done and highly recommend this vendor. I called around and got some quotes and he was very competitive in pricing.

Description of Work
Install a new garage door opener

Work Completed On 12/01/2018

07/21/2017

Nathan B.

Dave and his team were amazing. They answered all my questions, were super responsive and made the whole loan process seamless and stress free. I will be using Dave again in the future for all my loan needs.

Description of Work
I hired Dave as my loan officer for a home purchase.

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

Thank you for the great review and congratulations on your new home!

05/23/2017

Carissa M.

Dave answers his phone and answered all my questions

Description of Work
Home loan approval

Work Completed On 02/28/2017

Thank you for the review and I'm glad I was able to answer all if your questions as a first time homebuyer and make your experience a good one.

05/19/2017

Sonja B.

They were a good experience, we did not use him because I got a better rate from someone else. He would definitely be a person that I would recommend to check out, if some ones is looking for that. I talked to him on several occasions, had some email communications with him. Very good guy. He seemed very on top of things. It was purely the rate. I think that he’s probably not 100% in charge. I think too, somebody from his office called, because I wrote back to everyone and sent them an email saying that we had chosen a lender and stuff, and thank you for taking the time to give me a quote. So that everybody would know that we were finished; because you don’t like to leave people hanging and stuff. I think his supervisor or he, I don’t remember, but somebody had called and said, “you know, is there anything we can do or whatever?” I said, “no, we’ve made our decision. It’s kind of funny because you talk to 5 different people!” They go, “well, get your rate and get it in writing and then give me last shot!” I don’t do that, you give me your rate up front, if that’s the best you can do, I respect that. Then that is what it is. He did do that and he was very up front and very knowledgeable, but unfortunately his was not the best rate. I think his rate was a 4.5. I think he was comparable to a lot of other places. He was very pleasant and responsive and all of that. That’s kind of what I look at, do they return calls promptly and stuff like that? I feel that he did that. I think if I were shopping for another loan, I would definitely give him a call and see what he had to offer.

Description of Work
It was a quote for a mortgage.

Category mortgage broker

Thank you for the review and I appreciated the opportunity to help with your investment property purchase. Please reach out if you need anything in the future.

05/02/2017

Debra C.

Excellent, couldn't be better. Dave Caldwell and his team of Brian Stokes, Kirk Ahlfors, and Jonathan (in tech) are all top-notch! Extremely competent professionals, knowledgeable, accessible, responsive, polite and patient in explaining process and required refi documents. Fast electronic review and processing of documents. Guaranteed Rate has probably the best website for uploading required documents and virtual signing. Absolutely, I would use them again. Dave and team, thank you again! Sincerely, Debra

Description of Work
A complicated mortgage refinance.

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

12/21/2016

Clinton I.

Dave is professional, courteous and patient. Can't say enough about him. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Home loan and refinance.

Work Completed On 12/21/2016

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad we made both your home purchase and refinance a great experience.

11/05/2016

Paul R.

Dave is incredibly helpful, responsive, kind, and conscientious. He makes every effort to ensure that the mortgage/refinancing process runs smoothly. Additionally, he contacts me when there is an opportunity to lower rates. Using Dave in this capacity has been a terrific experience, and a money-saving one at that!

Description of Work
I have worked with Dave to both purchase and refinance my primary residence as well as investment properties.

Work Completed On 09/30/2016

Thank you for the great review and your continued trust in me to help with both your purchase and refinance transactions. I'm glad we're able to make the process a terrific experience for you.

11/02/2016

Andrew M.

Dave was great to work with. He is a good communicator and the process went smoothly without any problems. Will definitely work with him again in the future.

Description of Work
Refinancing

Work Completed On 10/26/2016

Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad we made your experience a pleasant one.

10/25/2016

Hadley R.

Dave has closed all deals on time. In fact, has taken over deals from other lending institutions that have not been on the horn and have dropped the ball. In doing so, he has positioned the client to be be able to close on time and not loose the deal and cost the client money. Dave is hands on from start to finish and you will not be handed off - this is a major strength. My clients don't feel they are just a number. Not to mention; Guaranteed Rate fees and rates are the lowest and best out there. Dave gets the job done!

Description of Work
I am in the Real Estate field and refer clients to mortgage lenders. I have one preferred mortgage lender and that is Dave Caldwell. Dave is responsive, professional and most important knows the business. He knows how important the financing is to clients and all parties involved. This is what allows the deal to close so clients can make the move and start living in their new property. He is up to date with competitive rates and knows the programs available to buyers. If you are looking to get a mortgage or refinance - this is the guy who will get it done seamlessly. He has serviced my clients from Illinois to Ohio. He is truly a 5 star professional.

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

Thank you for the great review and your trust in referring your friends, family and clients.