Citi Appliances

Founded 1975 • With Angi since July 2010

2.5

3530 W Peterson Ave 102

Chicago, IL 60659

Service Charge only $50, and waived upon repair. No extra charge for Nights, Weekends, and Holidays. We have no trip charge, and service 100 miles of Downtown Chicago.

Yuko L.
08/26/2013
When the washer was used the next day, the belt burned out. The same guy came and recommended to buy a new one. The second visit was free (of course). I complained to their company about the job the tech did, as well as the parts cost. Their response was I shouldn't have used cheaper companies. I was outraged by the quality of work, price of serviceI and their attitude towards customers, but I gave up, and ate the costs. I'd never go do them again. I recently became a member of Angie's List's, I share this experience with others.
Description of Work
The 11 years old washer started smoking in use. A tech called Nick from CitiAppliances replaced a belt and a clutch pulley. It was on Sunday, and they advertise they don't charge extra over the weekends, it cost me $220. They overcharged the parts (after I checked the prices online), and for two hours of tech time, instead of 60-90 minutes at most.
Joe O.
07/26/2013
Overall experience was terrible. The owner was responsive to phone calls. The technicians arrived on time, but the quality of work was poor and slow. They were not professional and it took them twice as long as it should have. They did not have the tools necessary to get the job done. Would not use again. Note they also go by another company name of Affordable Services.
Description of Work
Removed old appliances and installed new appliances: refrigerator, stove, washer, dryer and dishwasher
KATHALYN D B.
01/03/2011
After experiencing a gas appliance uprising on Sunday morning, 01/02/11 (both my oven and dryer went "COLD"), I did a search for local repair companies of large appliances. Then I checked Angie's List for info on one that interested me and found none. So I went to the company's website, which looked neat and professional (says a lot to me as a consumer) and, at about 8:30 am, completed the online service request conveniently located on the home page. Though I missed the call, "Jim" called me within 15 minutes of hitting enter. He then followed up with an email from his Blackberry to the address I provided. The company boasts online of its NO EXTRA CHARGE 24 hour a day, 365 days a year service and this was reiterated in my initial correspondence from Jim. Since we are in the wonder days of Smartphones, I received and responded to his correspondence from my device. I requested a service time of 9:30 am, Monday, 01/03/11. He responded that they could have a repairman at the house THAT DAY between 1:00 and 3:00 pm. WOW! Since I was not available, I reiterated the preferred time and provided the service location. Jim confirmed that the preferred time was available and that a repairman would be out between 9:30 and 11:00 am. At 10:04 am, the repairman, Nael, called my home and announced that he'd be arriving within 1/2 hour...AND HE DID! Within minutes, he'd diagnosed the problem with the stove: bad ignitor. When asked how much, he said, $500! LOL! Actual cost: $200, but I received a $25.00 new customer discount. He had the stove repaired and hot within 15 minutes. Then he announced that he'd be back for dinner now that the stove was working again. LOL! He was SO funny and personable! By 11:00 am, he'd diagnosed the problem with the dryer: bad coils. Quoted repair cost: $500! LOL! Actual cost: $175. Again, he quickly repaired the problem and even went outside and checked the vent to confirm he'd done so properly. I told him that he could bring a load or two of laundry when he came for dinner now that the dryer was working again. LOL! MY TOTAL BILL TO REPLACE THE IGNITOR ON MY GAS STOVE AND THE COILS ON MY GAS DRYER WAS $350. I had NO idea how much I'd spend, though I was hoping somewhere in the neighborhood of $200. The work is guaranteed for 90 days. If malfunction should happen again, I'd only pay the cost of the parts replaced. All in all, it was a GREAT experience! Technology is a beautiful thing and this company used well it to expedite my repairs. For that, I am MOST grateful!
Description of Work
Replaced ignitor on gas stove and coils on gas dryer.
Trevor S.
07/20/2010
Our Fridge was working fine and something had fallen and hit the cord and the fridge just stopped working. It was 5pm on July 5th which seemed to be a holiday because the other companies we called did not respond. We were told the technician would be at our house between 8pm and 10 pm. They did not show till just after 11pm. The technician diagnosed the problem as a electrical short and somehow also that we needed a new thermostat. The second part of the diagnosis seemed to be just added to add an extra $115 dollars to the bill. The tech did not have the expertise or ?was afraid of creating a spark? as he put it and insisted our problem was special and needed a supervisors input. It was after 1 am. The tech scheduled an appointment between 12 -2 the very next day for him and supervisor to return and fix the short. The tech and supervisor do not arrive till after 7 pm. I spent much of the time between 2 pm and 7 pm being lied to and told they will be there shortly, when in fact the supervisor was off that day. At 7 pm they showed to the house and he looked at the problem and identified the short was in the cord which was identified as the source of the problem the day before. The Technician had asked if I had an extension cord the previous day but was not comfortable using the extension cord to change with the power cord; he had told me he planned to get a new cord from the warehouse to replace this one. They did not bring a cord but asked the next day for the extension cord and replaced a grounded plug that was on the original cord with the extension cord that was not grounded. The supervisor tried to make sure I felt like I was getting a deal with his non written Year long warranty when the general customers only get 90 days. In the mean time our secondary fridge had a problem. This fridge is an antique and we did not have many expectations but we figured since the technician was here we would ask him. The problem was easy to figure out there was a puncture the metal icebox which has caused the Freon to leak. The tech said he could probably fix the puncture but he would have to call me the next day at noon on whether the Freon could be replaced or if there was a compatible Freon. At noon he would also schedule his return since he did not have his compressed air to clean the coils on the other fridge. The Tech did not call at noon and in fact was not till nearly 2 that I was able to get a hold of him. He did not yet have an answer but schedule his return to finish the other job at 4pm. He did not arrive till well after 6. At this point he took another look at the fridge and wrote down the information on the Freon; telling me that he had been lying to me again and that he had not yet even checked on the problem since he did not know the type of Freon needed. He still did not have an answer but lied and said he could do it but we would have to reschedule for the Saturday between 12 and 2 but he never showed nor did he ever answer his phone. We called two other companies to give us a quote on the second fridge and noted what we were told by both that the fix was not as easy as the Technician Tony had previously indicated. They quoted prices in the range of 1000 to 2500 to fix it where Tony had told me about 300. In the mean time we noticed that the first fridge, which was a side by side?and noted that the separation was really hot. Asked the other two companies about this and they both explained that it was a compressor fan not working and they felt that if they had checked the electricity they would have noticed this. So it was at this point I decided to call and complain. They politely listened to my complaint and scheduled another technician the next day. This tech called but I missed the call and they left a message which was very difficult to understand and left no number along to call them back. So they decided since I did not answer the phone to go on to another call and cancel my appointment. I called and complained and after waiting another 2 hours I was told what had happened and apology given and told that the next day the supervisor and the tech would show up to resolve the problem. The supervisor asks what time would be convenient for me, which was 8 am, and scheduled me between 10 and 11. At 11 am I called and noted that no one had showed. Long story short after 2 more hours another technician showed and the supervisor was in Washington D. C. He told the technician that we were new customers but that was another lie. This made the technician upset, he called his supervisor and complained but was told to charge us another $115 to fix the problem. I objected and called the company secretary, who was the only nice person I dealt with, and she called the supervisor to get it to be covered by a failure on their part. Two days later the fridge was not maintaining cold and we decided to get a new one and stop dealing with these problems. 300 dollars to this company and 88 to another and 75 to another to find out that we need a new fridge and we chose to work with a company that has no respect for their customers. Citi Appliance also known as Affordable Services Club.
Description of Work
We had a electrical Short in one of our Fridges.
Category
appliance repair, small appliance repair

All Temp Heating & Air Conditioning

All Temp is one of Chicago's Award Winning heating, cooling and home comfort company. We provide top-notch sales, service, repair and maintenance at the most competitive prices. We are family-owned since 1938 with more than 85 employees and we do not use sub-contractors. Always feel free to call us with your questions or for sales and service. We provide a free in-home estimate should you need a new a/c, furnace or boiler. We can be reached at 1-800-All-Temp or 773-481-2000 for more information. We are at your service 24/7. Ask for Mike Clark, Erin Wayda or Rick Jacobs. See our website for additional service area.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

R S Mechanical

Residential & Commercial Heating & A/C, Commercial Refrigeration, New Installation & Repairs. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

FABIAN & SON HEATING AND COOLING

Established in 1989, Fabian & Son Heating and Cooling serves the north side of Chicago. We design and install a wide range of HVAC products and provide quality service, repair and maintenance. Our comprehensive understanding of your system's engineering enables us to keep your system running trouble-free for as long as possible. With flexible scheduling, we offer service of the highest quality to customers with homes, condos, apartments and companies that manage residential investment properties. Please visit our official website for more information! www.fshvac.com

2022 Super Service Award

with Repair
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Appliance repair, HVAC, Electric, Plumbing, Commercial, Industrial and Residential

Small Appliances