American Cleaning And Restoration Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since April 2011

4.4

270 Carlton Dr

Carol Stream, IL 60188

Additional email - allanweinheimer@american-cleaning.com....

06/03/2020

Joalle D.

I had water damage in my kitchen. The contract for AC&R was given directly by my insurance company so I was not sure what to expect. As much as I appreciate the excellent work of the team who came out to do the removal/drying of the water damage, and they were truly first rate, I've been nothing but disappointed since then. I have called no less than three times for updates. I have never heard from the PM on the project and don't even know their name. I called when the fans were not picked up when I was told they would be and heard nothing. I called again the following Monday. While a team came out to get the equipment, I was never contacted by the PM. I called AGAIN to try to speak with the PM about doing the repair work and never STILL have not heard back. I guess they're not interested in the additional work so I will go elsewhere. All they had to do was say so from the start. Again, the workers who came out would get A+. But, based on the PM, my overall impression of the company is that they lack professionalism and follow-through

Description of Work
Water remediation from pipe leak

05/19/2020

Charlotte P.

We were linked up with American through our insurance company. They came out the next day even with a ton of other floods in our area. They pulled up all of the floor and cut the drywall quickly. The reno team communicated with us and gave us tips on what pictures to take/things to think of from an insurance perspective. They set up a ton of fans and dehumidifiers to dry things out as quickly as possible. For a terrible situation they provided some piece of mind. I do wish there would have been a little more communication afterwards from the corporate side since, as first timers, we didn't really know the process and felt like I had to reach out to them often regarding logistics. They did however respond quickly to my calls/emails. I do also wish that we had been told to remove any personal/non damaged items prior to them coming since a few of our non-flood impacted items were damaged during the process.

Description of Work
Flood water mitigation.

07/23/2019

Frank F.

Just because the insurance company called them does not mean that the insurance company is going to pay. I don't think the American Cleaning & Restoration realizes this. They arrived at 7:30am and were out at 8am which I thought was great until I got billed for 2 people @ 4 hours each!!! They claim it took 2 people 3 1/2 hours to load their truck and drive from the warehouse in Carol Stream ( should be 50minutes -1 hour 10 minutes at 7 am in the morning according to both Google and Waze). Do not trust them!

Description of Work
After a broken pipe my insurance company called them to remove the water and clean the area

08/18/2015

jon R.

Description of Work
They were great! Took a few emails to get a bill but other than that, they were wonderful. I will use them again.

07/17/2014

We used them because of recommendations of neighbors. They did 3 or 4 houses in the neighborhood. They were really good. They were excellent.

Description of Work
American Restoration resided the whole house.

Category siding

01/23/2014

Terry & Andrea K.

We woke up on a Saturday morning to find our toilet’s plastic water supply connection failed. As a result, the water supply line on the toilet ran all night and flooded the bathroom and two floors down into our first level and into the bathroom and hallway of our finished basement. It was an awful mess, and highly upsetting to say the least. Caved in ceilings and wet walls. Called insurance company, they said “you can find someone, we have no recommendation list.” Checked out some cleanup companies on the web and saw some good reviews on this company, crossed fingers, prayed and called. I’m sure glad we did. American Cleaning responded to our home within 90 minutes on a Saturday. They explained everything, and they put us at ease while they were hard at work opening walls and ceilings to get everything dried out. On the first day, they arrived at 830a and they were there until almost 8p. The technicians were extremely hard working and very courteous. They really went a long way to help us feel better. We chose American Cleaning’s sister company, Recon, to handle the repair of the water damage because we were so impressed with American Cleaning’s professionalism. (We had the option to select our own contractor to complete repairs). We are very glad that we chose Recon for the repairs because they worked extremely hard, and the level of craftsmanship was amazing. We cannot even tell that there was any damage to the house. Their billing department is really skilled in navigating payment issues with the lienholder and the insurance company which would have been much more challenging without their help. We highly recommend American Cleaning and Restoration if youhave water damage. We had a great experience with this company.

Description of Work
The provider cleaned up significant water damage in our home caused by a leak in the toilet water supply line, and we also contracted them to restore our home back to its original condition. They did excellent work on both jobs.

04/23/2012

Jeff H.

I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used American Cleaning and Restoration to treat water damage in my house. They came out to review my damage then used subcontractors to do the actual repairs and replacement of the drywall. I also had some concrete which needed to be scraped and replastered.

Category carpet cleaners, water damage restoration

11/03/2011

Mark P.

Even though I am sure they were extremely busy due to the heavy rains, the workers were at my house until at least 8pm and I know they were going to start another job as soon as they left my house

Description of Work
Had a water problem where the carpet and floors were damaged by water. Came out in the morning and had 3 men working to clean everything by 2pm. Left drying fans for two days and had everything clean and dry within 5 days. Super Job!! Call Alan for all your water damage restoration needs. You will not be disappointed

Category carpet cleaners, water damage restoration

04/09/2011

Russell K.

The insurance company told us they would call within the next hour. Five minutes after I hung up, I received a phone call from American Cleaning and Restoration, Inc. who agreed to come out on Saturday. They showed up exactly on time and started working. They were more concerned about tracking dirt downstairs than we were. They did their job well, were friendly, and worked fast. They said they would call on Monday to arrange to pick up their equipment (3 fans and a large dehumidifier) on Wednesday. They again called and showed up exactly when they said they would and took the equipment away. I’d use these folks again in a second. I can’t think of a way they could have done the job better. They cared deeply about the job they were doing and protected everything. The insurance company hired them so I don’t know what their costs were. These folks are great.

Description of Work
We had a pipe in the walls start to leak. They had to test and rip out wet drywall, then clean up and treat the framing.

Recycle Junkiez

MD Duct and Vent Cleaning

MD Duct & Vent Cleaning wants you to come home to a clean and healthy atmosphere with professional air duct cleaning. Our residential home air duct cleaning is performed with state-of-the-art equipment and technology to keep your space as fresh and pristine as can be. With proper airflow, you’ll secure a cleaner and healthier living environment while cutting down on your home’s utility costs with enhanced energy efficiency. Ask about are new duct sanitizing. Call the air doctor today

Energy Services Air Conditioning & Heating Co

At Energy Services Air Conditioning, Heating & Electrical, we go beyond the level of service you expect, and deliver the exceptional results you deserve. From routine system maintenance, to emergency repair, equipment upgrades and complete system install, our goal is to bring more expertise, resources, and professionalism to every job than any other HVAC service provider in Naperville, Aurora, Geneva, St. Charles & Wheaton IL. We offer flexible solutions for spaces large and small, customizing our designs to meet your exact needs, and providing the most cutting-edge products on the market. Cost is determined by the job. Additional Phones: (630) 969-1400, (630) 687-1383, (630) 420-2275. Fax: (630) 420-2096 DBA: GFI Heating & Cooling. Senior Discount: $5.00

Offers by Energy Services Air Conditioning & Heating Co on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Fire and water damage, mold remediation, packing, moving and storage, dry cleaning, furniture refinishing, carpet and upholstery cleaning, fire mitigation, debris removal and disposal, insulation removal, duct cleaning & sealing.