Ultra Handy, Inc.

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2005

524 Ridgewood Lane

Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

Since 2000 we have built a roster of satisfied residential and business customers all over the north shore and northwest suburbs. We pride ourselves on being on time, doing the job right and cleaning up after each job as if we were working in our own home....

05/24/2022

Neil B.

It went TERRIBLE!!!!! Worst contractor I have ever hired. Told him the work I was looking to have done and was quoted $95 an hour for his service. Gave him a list of what I wanted done and asked for an approximate amount of time it would take and he couldnt answer until he saw what I had. He did mention that if he brought a helper, then the job would go faster. He didn’t at any time say the helper would be an additional $95.00 and hour. After all if he had said that I most certainly would have said that I won’t pay a helper the same amount the lead guy would get. But enough of that for now. Besides being 30 minutes later than what he told me, him and his partner took about 45 minutes before they started hanging any pictures. Made a run to the truck for some reason and that took about 15 additional minutes. Asked to add an outlet behind a tv in which the outlet was about 2 feet to the left and maybe 4 feet up from where he was gaining electrical source that had metal studs, not wood. Took him 5 hours to run wire for new outlet which did include patch and paint, but still in my mind a bit too long. Also couldn’t even install the outlet straight. While he was doing that all day, his helper (if that’s what you want to call him) was attempting to hang pictures. Made a total mess of walls scraping them trying to hang the pictures. Installed a glass shelf unlevel, which i had to fix. But it seems it took him 5-1/2 hours to hang 15 pictures, towel bar and glass shelf. And were not talking about large pieces of art. Biggest picture was 43” x 35”. Most could have been hung with one 50 pound picture hook. And others just need a nail to hold in place. But he spent time drilling plastic anchors for art that weighed less than 1 pound. And according to my wife they also made multiple trips to the van to get supplies - wasted time i was charged for. Then came time for the bill - should have paid 5-1/2 hours at $95 per hour per my conversation with him when i decided to hire him, but instead he charged me $190 an hour - I paid the lead guy the same amount I paid the helper. Then he has the balls to give me a material bill of $150 for the outlet, wire to run the outlet, a handful of picture hooks and a couple of screws with anchors. Bedside the feeling of getting completely cheat and ripped off, the sad part is that Stevie Wonder could have done a cleaner, faster and nicer job. BUYER BEWARE - STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY. Like I said, if I knew he was bringing a helper at the rate of $190 an hour, i would have never hired him. 11 man hours whether it was 1 or 2 guys is crazy for the amount of work that was accomplished. So sorry I paid him - hoping Zelle might work with me to recoup some of that wasted money. Greg is nice on the phone, but a shark once he gets his teeth in you!

Description of Work
Add electrical outlet behind TV and hang pictures, towel bar and glass shelf

Category drywall,electrician,handyman service

Hello [Member Name Removed], You were quoted $95 a MAN hour (or work hour). If 2 people are working it is 2 hours of work even though on the clock it is 1 hour. You were charged for 11 hours of work - 2 men @ 5.5 hours. You were originally quoted 2 men for a day and we charged you for the time we your projects actually took to complete plus material costs. We have apologized for the confusion.

01/16/2019

A Charles S.

Perfect! Everything was completed as desired.

Description of Work
Kitchen Cabinet Modification

Category handyman service,remodeling

09/20/2017

Norma K.

I called Ultra Handy and we worked out a time for Greg to come to my house to check if the gas line was cut off. As it turned out, I got a call from his office and he was able to come sooner. He and Jose (one of his workers) came out, made sure the gas line wasn't connected and took down the light pole. I was so pleased.

Description of Work
I needed an non-working gas light pole that has been on my lawn for over 30 years removed.

09/07/2017

Roberto G.

Had some repair work and insulation that I needed to get done on my home. On the phone I found Ultra Handy to be responsive and easy to work with. When I got a second opinion for an estimate of the same job that was done was quoted (and ultimately paid) less than half the cost.

Description of Work
Insulation and drywall

12/07/2016

Christine R.

They were excellent. I felt like they really got down to work, and did everything I asked. They did not goof off at all. They really seemed to care about what they were doing. I am going to be having them back to paint, and do some other minor electric things. They were recommended by a friend.

Description of Work
They hung up 3 light fixtures, patched a hold in my wall, and installed a shower curtain rod/head.

Category electrician,handyman service,remodeling

11/07/2016

Ilyse J.

great. He came out when we needed him and did a great job, reasonable price. Very nice person to deal with. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Description of Work
move electrical box

03/10/2016

MIKE & HEIDI G.

Removed and replaced caulk around tub.

Description of Work
Repair seal around tub.

Category handyman service,plumbing

06/25/2015

Kenneth R.

This is a strange company to do business with. I was referred to them about a month ago. Greg responded and suggested we meet, and I was enthusiastic about finding a new quality handyman company for my properties. We had a good meeting. I put together a list and contacted him. His wife, who serves as his secretary, told me it would be two weeks before he could come in to see me. Ok, I dealt with my problems not being imminent.. he came on the right day, at the right time, and looked over the area, evaluated what parts he needed, and then left, to come back. or so I thought. After not hearing all day, I called the office back. "oh, he is not scheduled to work.. he is only evaluating". Well, when is he coming back? There are parts I left out on my desk, tools for him to use. "he is very busy. It will be at least a couple of weeks". Hmm. A handyman company that comes to evaluate and then evaluate the evaluation. Oh, its an evaluation company!! So Greg is great, unless you expect work to be done. If you want work, then you have to hire someone that WORKS. This company is strictly evaluation.

Description of Work
Evaluate the handyman work at my house.

Category handyman service

Here is the e-mail we reopened to them directly with: Ken, I did get all of your messages that you are looking for me today. I am just finishing my calls for the day and am returning your e-mail. As we are in the early stages of this relationship, I can see where we have some communication kinks to work out. I am very sorry if there was a mis communication regarding the appointment this morning. My understanding, and that of my office, is that I was coming to LOOK at the projects today. The notes I have clearly state that I was not doing the projects. Given the appointment was for one hour, I was to come and see what I need to complete the work you are looking to have done. Apparently you did not want to schedule the work for this morning because you felt I would not be prepared with the proper materials to complete what you needed. When I left, I did state I would come back to get your projects completed. You thought - I meant today. I thought - you understood my office would set up the next appointment. Which is why they were so confused when you spoke this afternoon. My office was told to contact you to set a time to begin the projects. When they called, you were already upset that I had not retuned. When it was explained to you that I was booked for the day and the appointment this morning was only to view the work required, I believe things fell apart. I do feel the option of getting you on the standing appointment schedule is a good one for you. Every time, we can look at not only the projects scheduled, but also the ones for the next appointment. You will have a standing time on the calendar. You can determine the frequency and length of the appointments in advance, and you will always know when we will be returning. This option works well for many of our clients with ongoing projects. I understand you want your projects completed quickly - as do all of our clients. We are working to accomplish that to the best of our ability. Please advise if you would like to schedule a time for us to come back and begin your projects. Again, I feel scheduling in advance would be beneficial. I am suggesting twice a month for 4 hours each time. Once we get you on the standing appointment schedule, and get the process started, you will always know when the next appointment is. This should help eliminate your frustration. Here are some parameters I believe will help clarify this option: - An appointment will consist of a pre-set number of hours Ultra Handy, Inc. will be there. - Anything not completed in that time will be moved to the next scheduled appointment time. - All work (labor and material) will be paid for at the time of service. - Additional projects, not previously scheduled or discussed, will be put into the Ultra Handy calendar at the first available time by my office. Should you decide not to take advantage of this option, you will get the next available time, which could be a few weeks out. Currently, to complete the projects we addressed today, I am estimating 4 hours. According to my office, the first time Ultra Handy, Inc has available is the week of July 20th. I am happy to have them contact you in the morning to get you on the calendar. Additionally, should anything open up sooner, you would be first on the list to move the appointment up. Again, at this point all I can do is apologize for the misunderstanding and hope we can move forward. Greg

03/17/2015

Erwin B.

Greg is very professional and knows what to do.

Description of Work
A variety of miscellaneous projects - caulking, grouting, cabinet repair, smoke detector replacement, door closer, sink stopper, etc.

06/02/2014

Arshya A.

They were great. They were prompt and well priced. They were very reasonable in everything they did.

Description of Work
I used the drywall, ceramic tile and carpentry service of Ultra Handy, Inc.

Category ceramic tile,drywall,woodworking

J & J Decorating

I started my business in 1977 and have always taken great pride in my work and given very fair prices. I specialize in residential and commercial interior painting & wallpapering. Over the years, I have dedicated myself to giving each and every one of my customers excellent workmanship, and honesty. I believe that is what has kept me in business for 3 1/2 decades with the majority of my business being repeat customers or referrals. You have a vision of how you want your home to look and feel and I am committed to helping you achieve that. I personally will come out to do your FREE estimate, assist you with your color scheme and colors, as well as discussing the best materials and finish for your home. Again, I will personally be doing the work in your home! I want you to be more than pleased with the transformation, so that you call me back because you know that I have, and always will give you excellence and honesty! (815)-382-7297 is my direct line and feel free to call or text. If needed, you may also contact me via email at jandjdecorating@aol.com Contact by phone will ensure a quicker response. More information about my business may also be found at my website: http://www.jandjdecorating.com

Offers by J & J Decorating on Angi
    CHICAGOLAND BRICK PAVING AND LANDSCAPE

Small business with less than 20 employees working for you our customer. We provide customized landscape/hardscape design and installation to meet your needs and desires.

Unamis Painting and Remodeling Inc

We are specialized in private and comercial interior and exterior painting Drywall work , kitchen remodeling, tail and back splash installation, we also offer wall paper coverings Pressure washing services, Deck work We will give you the best price in the market

Roofer

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Ultra Handy, Inc.

How is Ultra Handy, Inc. overall rated?

Ultra Handy, Inc. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Ultra Handy, Inc. open?

Ultra Handy, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Ultra Handy, Inc. provide

Ultra Handy, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Ultra Handy, Inc. offer free estimates?

Ask Ultra Handy, Inc. for details on free project estimates.

Does Ultra Handy, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Ultra Handy, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Ultra Handy, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Ultra Handy, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Ultra Handy, Inc.?

Yes, Ultra Handy, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Ultra Handy, Inc. offer?

Ultra Handy, Inc. offers the following services: Remodel and/or upgrade basements, bathrooms and kitchens. Redesign office space. Install sump pumps & back up sump pumps. Power wash, repair and stain decks. Small "Honey Do" list projects around your home or office.

Are there any services Ultra Handy, Inc. does not offer?

Roofer