A-Action Pest Control, Inc.

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2008

A-Action Pest Control, Inc. is a local family owned and operated pest control business in Lake County, Illinois. We are a second generation pest control company whose Core Values are: Authentic Relationships, 5-star reputation, Fun, Helps First and Compassionate. Our 3 unique abilities are: Dedicated Technicians, Family Owned 5-Star Reputation. A friendly customer solution expert will always answer your telephone call and be able to answer even your most technical questions and can give you a free quote over the telephone. We are licensed, certified and members of the National Pest Management Association. Please give us a call and we'll prove to you we have raised the bar in the service industry!...

Limerick Golf Outing 2011

+3 more images

pest control (226)animal removal (49)insulation (12)

08/01/2022

nancy G.

A-Action's business practices & customer service should be a model for all businesses! A+ to the Rep who took time to explain, in detail, the service I inquired about, listened to my needs and was refreshingly cheerful. A+ to the Tech, Joe, who thoroughly inspected & treated our property in an efficient & professional manner (he even had treats for our dogs). Every aspect of this company is A+.

Description of Work
wasp/hornet extermination

Work Completed On 08/01/2022

07/31/2020

Candace M.

Communication is excellent, they are timely, and professional. I've use them probably 3 years in a row.

Description of Work
They sprayed in May for wasp abatement, then I am guaranteed to the rest of the year and they have to come back again and sprayed today.

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

07/17/2020

curt R.

Fine. Done efficiently and on time.

Description of Work
General insect extermination

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

05/23/2020

Brad P.

Service tech, Alex was awesome-- very knowledgeable, professional and was careful to explain all the services he was performing and also what we can expect on future visits. Great LOCAL business and would highly recommend! Check them out online for yourself and you can see how many 5 star reviews they have gotten!

Description of Work
mice problem in home

Work Completed On 05/23/2020

10/01/2019

Nadia V.

A-Action did a great job. They scheduled my first appointment for the day after I called them. They came on time and were very professional. One time I left a message, and they called me back just a few hours later. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
mice extermination

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. We are glad you were happy with your experience with A-Action! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Cheri

08/21/2019

Teresa M.

I have spiders in all areas of my home. My home was treated both inside and out. I thought everything was explained well. So far, so good! If I could have added one thing, I would have liked the old webs to be cleared away. I know that the spiders were gone, would like the webs gone too!

Description of Work
spider issue

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are glad you were happy with our service. We will be sending our technician back to your home to remove the old spider webs from your doorways and front/back porch lights. Thank you for your feedback, we will be addressing this improvement with our technicians. Cheri A-Action Pest control, Inc.

05/17/2019

Christine M.

Alex from A-Action came by today and provided the absolute BEST SERVICE! He is extremely professional, very friendly, knowledgeable, and hard working. He did an excellent job by taking the time to really understand the problem so he could solve it in the best possible way. Brent came out previously and he was also very good. This company obviously cares about their customers and hires/trains GREAT people. Definitely recommend!!

Description of Work
Eliminating some annoying tiny ants

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with A-Action. We are thrilled you've been so happy with our service and our people! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Cheri A-Action Pest Control, Inc.

05/06/2019

Kathy F.

I will give them 5 star, good quality service and I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They did a pest control service.

Work Completed On 03/06/2019

10/01/2018

Craig A.

Called A-Action for a quote and hired immediately. Set up a schedule for initial and follow-up visits, in which their tech, Phil, was very prompt with. He checked inside and out, and explained his findings as well as ongoing treatments. He advised of a few places that needed to be caulked or otherwise repaired to prevent ingress of pests.

Description of Work
Rodent (mice) found in basement along top of foundation wall in corner sump pump room. Wanted them to be gone!!

Work Completed On 09/28/2018

08/16/2018

Bernard D.

I noticed an infestation of bees hanging around the second floor soffit area of the house. I initially thought they were yellow jacket bees but when Travis came to assess it, it happened to be wasps. After treating the area, he also treated another section that had wasp hives under the porch railings. These guys were very punctual and arrived the very same day I called.

Description of Work
Removal of bees/wasps on the outside 2nd floor soffit of the house.

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Travis and A-Action. We are thrilled that you were pleased with the service provided. Please don't hesitate to call us again if the need should arise for any pest issues. Thank you, Cheri A-Action Pest Control, Inc.

06/06/2018

Thomas J.

Set first appointment for Thursday 5/31. Joe came unnanounced and early for the appointment that day. I was not home yet but was on my way. Instead of calling me or his office, Joe tried to get my son to sign a document so he could begin spraying right away. My son refused to sign and called me. I promptly asked Joe to leave my home and called his office to cancel any service. This was totally unprofessional. Only the homeowner signes BEFORE the works begins.

Description of Work
Pest Control

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

I'm sorry to hear about this miscommunication. It appears that there was confusion regarding the time window for this appointment. I understand Joe arrived before you did and spoke with your son. We have addressed the issue of the homeowner only signing service agreements. It sounds as if our technician was simply showing your son the time he had on his tablet to arrive, not asking him to sign the agreement. Regardless, we understand your frustration and have addressed this with all of our technicians. Again, I apologize for this mishap. Thank you, Cheri A-Action Pest Control, Inc.

06/06/2018

Candace M.

I've used this service before. They are always responsive and professional. Although it is significantly more expensive than the service I used to use, I have not had to call them back out to spray a second time. My only concern is that they are a bit aggressive with pursuing payment - a little over one week after receiving the initial invoice I was already getting reminders to pay them.

Description of Work
spraying to deter wasp nests

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

Thank you for your honest opinion of our services and our inter office payment processes. I'm glad to hear you have not had any further wasp, bee or yellow jacket issue since we provided the preventative treatment! Our payment policy is typically payment due at time of service. While this is not always possible or preferred, we do make arrangements for payment post treatment. Very friendly payment reminders are automatically sent from our system 7-10 days after service. Again, I hope you found this to be a friendly reminder. We will be revisiting those emails to make sure they are not aggressive in nature. I apologize if it came across that way. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to helping you in the future with whatever issues you may have. Thank you, Cheri A-Action Pest Control, Inc.

04/24/2018

Rebecca P.

The technician came & diagnosed the issue. He suggested we put screens over the roof vents which they did quickly & without any mess. No more squirrels!

Description of Work
We had squirrels in our attic.

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

10/26/2017

Bernadette K.

The tech arrived right on time, took a look at the hive and declared it to be a hive for bald-faced wasps. He returned to his truck, put on his protective gear, and removed the hive and sprayed the tree to discourage the wasps from returning. For the next couple days, as he had explained, wasps will return to the tree looking for the hive. I sprayed the tree each of the next two days after which there were only straggler wasps that came and went right away. There is no way I would have tried to remove the hive, so this was a practical and efficient way to get rid of it.

Description of Work
Discovered a very large hive in my backyard tree. I prefer to use local businesses whenever possible, so after checking out my options, I called A-Action Pest Control. They scheduled me for the next day.

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

Review for A-Action Pest Control, Inc. - 707 Main St, Antioch, IL - 36479122

We are so glad to hear you were pleased with the service [Member Name Removed] [Member Information Removed]. Please let us know if we can help in any way in the future. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Sincerely, Cheri A-Action Pest Control, Inc.

10/13/2017

CHRIS K.

They were cheaper than expected and provided documents very quickly, even when I called in a panic on the day of the closing.

Description of Work
They did a termite inspection as part of a home sale.

Work Completed On 10/13/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are glad we were able to help in your 'crunch time'! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Thank you, Cheri

10/09/2017

Deirdre F.

He talked me through the whole process. Applied the powder and within a few days our problem was gone.

Description of Work
Needed a bee infestation cleared up.

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

We are glad to know you were pleased with the service provided. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! Thank you, Cheri

09/20/2017

MARSHA M.

Great. We have seen almost no bees all summer! Really impressed. We have a very large area so the price is reflective of that. They guaranteed no bees and so far so good.

Description of Work
Spraying for bees

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and the service provided to you. We are glad to know you have been happy with the Power Treatment for stinging insects. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Thank you again, Cheri A-Action Pest Control, Inc.

09/20/2017

Megha C.

went well. The even came back because the wasps continued to circle the area after first removal.

Description of Work
removed a wasp's nest from under the swing set

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our service. Thank you for taking the time to review our company and share your experience. Thank you, Cheri A-Action Pest Control, Inc.

09/12/2017

Mike S.

They came out to spray for bees. They were fine.

Description of Work
I used A-Action Pest Control & Insulation Services, Inc. for pest services.

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

08/21/2017

Steve P.

They seem to be knowledgeable. They seem to be dependable. They provided a good overall assessment of our needs and the service is exactly as they define it.

Description of Work
We’re using them for a quarterly service.

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

08/19/2017

Marcia S.

Great. Professional. Honest. Successfully eliminated with one visit.

Description of Work
Elimination of yellow jackets

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

We are glad to know you were happy with our service! Thank you, Cheri A-Action Pest Control, Inc.

07/28/2017

laura C.

We just bought a new house and found animal droppings in the attic and acorn shells near the crawl space. I was terrified that we had squirrels in the house. A-Action Pest Control sent out one of their experienced managers, Joe, to investigate. He was very thorough and concluded that we just had a small mice problem. What a relief! Next, Joe set up a plan to get rid of the mice and seal up their entry points. The plan made sense and was at a reasonable price. I am so glad I called A-Action Pest Control. I feel like our mice problem is under control, and we now have a reliable company to keep our home free of rodents and insects.

Description of Work
Pest Inspection

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

07/21/2017

Anup B.

Pete was very professional and gave me ton of information and tips. Two visits week apart to check where the mice are coming from and to setup baits. They did perimeter spray for insects. Overall very good job.

Description of Work
I had a mice problem in my new home that we moved in only couple of weeks back.