Brian Anderson Construction

Founded 1993 • With Angi since February 2011

4.3

Brian Anderson Construction has been providing home remodeling services in Des Moines, IA. General Contractor, Window Installation, House Windows, Home Remodeling...

DSM Kitchen Guy

With over 30 years of remodeling experience in the Des Moines Area I have seen it all or done it all. This experience helps me to know the full extent of the remodeling process. This knowledge enables me to put together a complete and detailed estimate so there won’t be any surprises. I work on the job doing much of the install and actively oversee the licensed contractors daily. I know the importance of protecting your home during the project. You can trust your new dream kitchen to Rich Larsen Remodeling, the Des Moines kitchen remodeling expert. Make sure to check out our Testimonials by visiting our website!

Umthun Construction

We are a small buisness that has a personel touch. We have 4 employees that are curtious, trustwearthy and will be on the job everyday. We can do everything except lay carpet and HVAC but have very repitable buisnesses that we use for this. We take nothing up front so you pay as you go on every project.

Big bang construction llc

all things carpentry

07/24/2019

Overcharged for his hours worked and did poor quality job! He charged over 3 hours of extra work that Brian claims was "not on the job". His guys installed a baby gate in my home and a trim piece was needed to install. I was told that it would not take that long to get a trim piece that will work and that he'd use a piece of scrap wood from his home. Later, the story changes after I get the bill. When the baby gate was finally installed (took over 2 weeks for them to return) the gate did not even look that good. It was uneven, and was obviously not even measured before installation. Look elsewhere if you want a quality and honest contractor!

Description of Work
Baby gate, toilet, a few lights

Category handyman service,remodeling

09/22/2017

Brian and his team were over the top amazing, efficient, and so helpful. They picked our garage door up, hauled our old one away for free, no hidden charges and a flat rate for the install of the door and new opening system. He also managed to get our order completed within days. I would absolutely recommend Brian and the team for any project, we will be using him again!

Description of Work
Garage door install

08/20/2016

Very good. Always cleaned up and the crew was like family for the time it took.

Description of Work
Brian Anderson Construction did a complete remodel of our home. New siding, roof, windows, bathroom remodel, new doors and trim, floor sanding. I got some bids from others and Brian did all this work for what one contractor wanted for just the bathroom and siding? It,s been around a year since the job was completed and my wife and I love it! Brian coordinated all the contractors and was done in a timely that it could be. I did the electrical since that my profession, hired a plumber and a tile pro for bathroom separate and Brian coordinated with them no problems.

Category remodeling,roofing,siding

02/03/2015

I accepted his bid and he said he would start a few days later. So I told the other bidders they were out. Then he emails me that he is removing his bid and backing out. Wasting too much time giving me the bid. Ok really? So it seems he wasted a few hours on a bid (I was thinking you do spend time coming up with a bid, no?) however I lost about a month trying to find someone else that was available. I tried to call him multiple times and sent several emails with no response. I assume he doesn't treat everyone this way. But for some reason that's how he treated me.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate for installing a beam then backed out after I accepted his bid.

Category remodeling

[Removed member name] You know that is not the way it happened. I spent 2 weeks bidding your window job at same time, with the bid for the beam. For 2 weeks I broke down my window bid every way you wanted, you told me my window bid was 2 times what your other bid was. After giving you so many differnt bids and taking different things off that you said you wanted on the windows. You said you wanted the outside of windows painted, you wanted the vinyl brick mold, you said you wanted white jambs, you said you wanted Low E, Argon. I even broke down my labor for you. Then I found out your other bid was for windows only. Mine was for windows with all those specifics add ons you requested, plus labor and materials to install windows. Then when you told me how much the other bid was and that it was below whole sale price, I told you you would be crazy not to have the other guys do it for that price. You where sounding like you would be hard to work with so I pulled my bid for the window and the beam. I still have all the emails with your requests to prove what was said and what was quoted in the bids between us.

10/07/2014

Description of Work
I called owner came out next day, when front door arrived they installed the next day. Their info was giving to me at Menards and quote matched what was on the paper.

09/23/2014

Brian came out and gave me a quote for the work. I asked tons of questions, which he answered. Brian and crew arrived in the morning, tear down and rebuild all in one day. Work and materials match so well, you'd never know this was not original. Everything was cleaned up well, and they left the old flue pipe as I had requested. Very happy with materials, workmanship and communication!!

Description of Work
Removed fireplace chaise, replaced siding and replaced roofing where chaise went above the gutters.

Category remodeling,siding

01/03/2014

He is knowledgeable and honest. I enjoyed working with him and his crew.

Description of Work
I called for a quote and Brian came over that day.

03/15/2012

They were recommended to me by American Plumbing Supply. I had seen a report made on another house. He was very knowledgeable about a lot of things. He was very thorough and detail oriented. He really takes his time writing his reports. You know what you are getting in to if you are eyeing a property or evaluation the possibility of a project. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
They provided an evaluation of our house.