Indigo Swimming Pools & Spas Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2013

Local Family owned & operated. We build custom pools and outdoor kitchens built with the highest quality materials available in our industry. Our retail store displays nearly 100 BBQ grills and 5 brands of quality patio furniture. Visit our website for more details or give us a call!...

Chronic Design Construction

we work with pavers, granite and cabinets and we also have great house cleaning, serving all Southwest Florida. Providing high quality work with competitive prices. Give us a call today for a free estimate.

SynLawn Tampa

Our artificial turf will make mowing and fertilizing a thing of the past; freeing up your weekends like never before! And, you can expect our grass to last and maintain its great looks through boiling summers, and heavy foot traffic. SYNLawn artificial grass is a low environmental impact product that carries a lifetime warranty and is 100% lead-safe. Plus, in terms of durability, our EnviroLoc plant-based backing technology ensures our products will stand the test of time. Once you make the switch to synthetic landscape grass you'll wonder what took you so long! Our experienced landscape designers and professional installers will work closely with you to create a custom surfacing solution that accentuates and elevates your outdoor space. Make SYNLawn your first call for a yard that promises to be the envy of your friends and neighbors.

Offers by SynLawn Tampa on Angi
Tropical Outdoor Solutions, Inc.

Tropical Outdoor Solutions Inc. is a local, family owned Irrigation, Landscape Installation and Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Contractor based in Sarasota Florida. Since inception in the Sarasota area in 2014 owners Kyle and Troy have used their combined 50 years of experience to assemble a top notch team of installers and technicians to provide excellent service in the area. We always take time to return your calls and have live help for you at the office Monday through Friday 9 AM to 3 PM.

08/08/2020

Gavin C.

I am always amazed when reading nitpicking reviews from others knowing how great of a job a company did for me as Indigo has done. Heads up folks, construction jobs always have a few challenges. It isn't that they occur, but how they are handled. I choose Indigo Pools based upon their proven track record as I did a ton of research. I especially appreciated the total transparency from Chris when quoting the job. Line by line detailed pricing and options. Are they the cheapest? No, but competitive.Remember folks, you get what you pay for. They did an amazing job and backed up everything they did. Most of the construction "hiccups" were due to our wanting last minute changes and redos. We totally changed the tile on the outside of our spa. We chose glass tile and didn't like it, received a quote for a removal and switch to ledger stone . We also decided to pour a cement under deck well into the job to extend the existing cement deck rather than placing the pavers on compacted dirt and rock to avoid any settling. Again, our choice and the process was seamless. Chris may be matter of fact, but not snobby by any stretch of the imagination as I read in another review. I am a V.P. of sales for a fairly decent sized company and appreciated his professionalism and transparency. He didn't try to up sell me or persuade my our choices of materials, but advised us of the benefits and other options regarding our choices. Chris actually helped us save money by having us come in to review what we had chosen to be certain it was what we wanted. He assisted us in choosing a less expensive glass water edge tile than originally chosen. I am a HUGE pain in the rear bordering on being a bit of a di%k at times when dealing with any work done around my house, but they took it all in stride making me appreciate them even more. The owner Pat made accommodations based upon my many changes and even assisted in ordering additional ledger stone for a decorative wall I was building to eventually install a fireplace.. After the install Indigo felt that the air in my spa jets weren't sufficient, although I had no real problem with it, and installed an air pump system at no cost to increase air bubbles in the spa jets. Jesse, who does maintenance and was also part of the installation team is nothing short of fantastic. Such a good guy and patiently educated me on everything needed to maintain the pool. He's come back a few times to help me with various things and is always a welcome sight. Really, really good guy. I appreciated Indigo's work so much that I drove from Sarasota to Venice to buy my new Weber gas grill from them. Weber sets the price so they all cost the same wherever you buy the grill from. I could have gotten free shipping directly to my home, I wanted to give them the business and drove from Sarasota to Venice to buy it from them. If you are looking for a new pool or any type work done on an existing pool you could not make a better choice than Indigo. We are beyond pleased and would recommend them in a second. I'll surely be using them for maintenance after I get tired of doing it myself. This is a great company. Feel confident in choosing them for your pool install or remodel. We are really, really happy.

Description of Work
New Pool Build with Paver Deck and Screened Enclosure

Category hardscaping,swimming pools

Thank you so much for the review and your kind words and continued support. If there is anything you ever need don’t hesitate to give us a call.

08/09/2019

Rory A.

Chris was so sarcastic and unprofessional. He talked to us like we were stupid because we asked two questions. Who would buy a pool and spa with the heater for the spa being an option, I am sorry I assumed spas were supposed to be heated. See his email below. If I added the heat pump price to page 1, your base price would be $62,515. Either way it is the same bottom line price when you total it. At this point, I am cancelling our Saturday appointment. If you would like to schedule a meeting during normal business hours (9-5 M-F), let me know and we can reschedule but I am not giving up my weekend for someone that does not read a very clear proposal that I have spent time on for free at this point. Earlier this week you asked me the travertine upgrade price and it was clearly listed on the proposal that I sent you. I am getting the feeling that we are not the right fit for each other and you may be better off going with your cheaper quote.

Description of Work
Quote for pool

Category swimming pools

I am sorry that this reviewer felt I was unprofessional for cancelling the appointment. I felt the need to reply to provide some context and clarity to this post and about the previous emails that were sent but not listed in this review. Hello Chris, The $58k does not include the $4750 heater pump? I responded, That is correct. As the proposal states very clearly on page 1 and 2, every option listed on page 2 is not included in the base price. The heat pump is listed on page 2 with a price next to it. We always list your heating options separately. We have clients that select gas heaters, heat pumps and solar. Some select a combination of those. We try to be very clear so you know what you are getting and your options. Companies that list a heater included in the base price typically give you the cheapest heater that may not do the job. Before we meet Saturday morning, I would ask that you read through all of the proposal so that we are on the same page and I can answer questions like this ahead of time. This was the response from the reviewer, Ok, how can you purchase a spa with no heater included. I would say I have been given a much better quote with the electric heater included. He didn’t say if the explanation made any sense. He just stated that another company was cheaper. Earlier in the week he had emailed asking how much the pool deck would be for the travertine upgrade and I replied that it was listed on the option page of his proposal he already had. We provide an extremely detailed proposal, so you know what you are paying for and what is or not included. The reason we do not include a heater in the base price is because you have choices of sizes and types of heaters. The reviewer also said that “it should not be an option as I do not know anyone who would buy a spa without a heater” but we actually have built for someone that did not have a heater installed. In our experience, our clients like the fact that they get to see what they are paying for a heat pump or gas heater.

08/29/2018

Joan G.

This was our 4th pool to build - one in VA - one in NC and one in GA. It was absolutely the best experience we have ever had - they stand by their product and subs that do the installation - they believe in only top professionals and always keep you informed. These days communication is so poor but not with Indigo. We have always service our own pools but decided to let Indigo take that over. Knowing how great the building process went we were sure our pool would be in good hands on the maintenance. Simply can't say enough good things about the company and its owners.

Description of Work
New swimming pool with paver patio and cage - plus using them to maintain our pool weekly

Category pool cleaners,patios,swimming pools

Thank you for the excellent review we greatly appreciate it. If there is anything you need please let us know.

08/29/2018

Lisbeth D.

They were wonderful. Very professional from A-Z I would recommend them very highly. They do beautiful work.

Description of Work
Completely renovated pool and patio deck

Category swimming pools

Thank you for the great review! If there is anything you need please let us know.

03/29/2018

Levant B.

All Indigo's materials and work were very high quality. The price was very reasonable for the quality. All the Indigo people were very helpful and professional - Charlie, Jason, Justin, Mark, Eddie. Tile, travertine deck and pebble-tech workers did outstanding work. I didn't realize the amount of skill needed for a really good remodel. I'm so glad I chose Indigo. Beware of remodelers who don't also build pools. I talked to several and they don't offer the same quality needed for a really good long lasting pool.

Description of Work
A complete pool remodel including pool deck, pool resurface, and new pool equipment.

Category swimming pools

[Member Name Removed] thank you very much for the excellent review we really appreciate it. If there is anything you need please let us know.

12/19/2017

Elaine T.

They won’t do anything about the turtles the say I signed off on them which when I signed I thought I was approving the look and size of the turtle knowing my contract said mosaic I didn’t worry when I saw them I was devistated!!! An $83k Pool with turtle stickers Since this writing we may have a pool leak. Husband and wife are owners dealing with the husband was fine. Dealing with his wife was maddening. She would not come out to look at the shotty looking turtles nor would she offer me an alternative. We had some chipped lanai tiles where she indicated she would not send anyone out to fix them until I paid a $520 balance on the $83k pool. I told her I never pay until the work is done I feel very frustrated that the owners never came out to look at and address the turtle issue knowing it was very upsetting to me. She claims they r ceramic, they are not! They r a printed turtle picture adhered to a deep backing for installing it in the pool. It’s hard to believe that they obviously have no clue what mosaic is. In the end I’m very unhappy. This was an issue for which one of the owners should have come out but they did not. To me that’s very poor business!!

Description of Work
Indigo installed lanai pacers, a very large picture less cage and a beautiful pool. It looks great. The problem I’m having which really upsets me is that I asked for mosaic turtles to be put in the pool and what I got looks like turtle stickers my 4 year old grandson put in

Category swimming pools

Most of this review is false. I did come out to their house and brought the turtle samples that she picked from in the showroom. I did this the very next day so that we could resolve the issue. She picked from an actual sample provided by the manufacturer of the material and the exact part number and manufacturer and color she picked is what was installed. They were not pictures or stickers or misleading in any way. We install probably 50-100 of the same turtles every year for other customers with no issue. Since she was unhappy with the turtles we even offered and gave her a full credit for the mosaics on the final balance, what else can you do? Her final balance was also almost three months past due. This is why the balance was requested in full before replacing a few chipped pavers which only came up three months after completion. The chipped pavers were warranty at this point. Other contractors beware of this homeowner. It is unfortunate to have an unhappy customer over something that you did as they requested. We hope she enjoys the beautiful pool we built for them.

12/11/2017

Susan K.

Everything went very well. Pool is back to operating. I called them today to set up another appointment to have the pool heater fixed.

Description of Work
I needed my pop-up system and pool light repaired.

Category swimming pools

Thank you for the nice review. If there is anything we can help with please let us know.

08/24/2017

Shelly H.

The project went very well in spite of the cabinet maker arriving late with the cabinets which of course caused her a problem with re-scheduling plumbers and electricians. Michelle always kept us informed and always returned my many phone calls and texts quickly which can be frustrating if you have to wait and wait for a response. We have built 5 new homes so we have had plenty of dealings with contractors and I must say this project went very smoothly and turned out great. The price was definitely fair for the quality and amount of work.

Description of Work
We had Michelle from Indigo Pools design and install a complete outdoor kitchen at our new home and it is beautiful. It was a difficult job because our builder didn't put much thought into roughing in the plumbing and electrical outlets but Michelle and her team worked around all those bumps in the road and made it all come together while not compromising our wishes for our kitchen. Michelle continued to tweak the many components of the project as she saw new products come along or found something she thought we might like even better than the original. To us that was the sign of someone who really cared about our project.

Category swimming pools,outdoor kitchens

07/05/2017

Wendy L.

Happy with the quality of work performed. Both Chris Widdon and Jason, the project mgr. were great to work with and were always available to answer any questions. They both returned my calls promptly and professionally. My pool area was completely transformed...looks like a new pool.

Description of Work
Resurfacing pool with pebbletec, travertine coping and waterline tile replacement

07/04/2017

Shaleen C.

We had an in depth consultation, in person meeting with Charlie. In the process of going back-and-forth on email, as we don't live in town, Charlie stopped responding and failed to follow up in any capacity. This happened once we asked some detailed questions and it's concerning since transparency is important in any business – client / prospect relationship. I question the motive behind Charlie/Indigo ignoring us and why our questions went unanswered.

Category swimming pools

Pool Construction, Renovation, Pool cleaning, brick paver and travertine deck pavers, flocrete texture, screen enclosures, rock waterfalls, pool equipment & heating. Barbecue grills and outdoor kitchens. Patio furniture. Swimming Pool Supplies. Swimming Pool Service and Repair.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available