open

Hot 2 Cold .inc

Founded 2011 • With Angi since September 2011

1503 S US Highway 301 Ste 81

Tampa, FL 33619

Hot 2 Cold is a residential and commercial HVAC company that has 15 years of industry experience. Wayne Geise, the owner, is passionate about the complexities that HVAC systems provide and the ever-changing technology that continues to drive energy efficiency advances within the industry. Wayne opened Hot 2 Cold after working for other large HVAC companies and wanted to operate his business with a higher level of customer service and focusing on a top-notch experience. Hot 2 Cold makes sure that any necessary permits are pulled and insures this burdensome process is as easy as possible for their clients. Hot 2 Cold looks forward to the opportunity to meet all of your HVAC needs, surpass your expectations, and deliver a professional experience. ...

04/16/2021

Robert E.

Excellent job all around. From James diagnosing the problem, and putting together the best deal for equipment to meet our needs, to Corey and his crew installing the new equipment....all aspects of the project were handled professionally. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Diagnose and replace AC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are pleased to know you were satisfied with our service, we are here to assist in the most efficient manner possible while providing excellent and quality customer service. We appreciate your recommendation greatly!

01/11/2021

Juanita C.

Highly effective! Great to work with and exceeded expectations at every phase of the job! I rate them the highest in performance and quality and courtesy as well as the obvious satisfaction each one had for their company! Absolutely enjoyed working with James, Taylor, Noel and Devin!!!! In addition, price was much lower than I had been quoted by the company I had ben with for several years.

Description of Work
A/C system was replaced as well as ductwork

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the awesome review, we are both grateful for our customers, and employees. It is our pleasure to assist our customers to the best of our abilities. We are beyond happy you are pleased with our services, and we look forward to future business. Have a blessed week!

03/25/2020

David Y.

We called Hot 2 Cold today as we had a leak. James Thornsberry, the engineer, came over within a few hours and quickly diagnosed the problem. There was a problem with the unit above us and he didn't hesitate to assist all of us. James was extremely kind and polite throughout the process. He did not charge us. This is the best experience I've had with servicing for my AC in this area and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND James and the company. I trust their judgement and would go to them again.

Description of Work
HVAC Repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are very pleased to hear that James was able to solve your problems as well as assist the above property. Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the amazing review.

02/18/2020

Jay V.

I had a great experience with Hot 2 Cold. Very professional service compared to many other companies we have used. Phone was picked up immediately and they coordinated the visit on my schedule. They sent me a text with a picture and brief bio of the technician who would be performing the service (nice touch!).The technician Heath Pope called prior to heading our way and showed up right at noon (service window given was 12-2pm). He explained everything and took pictures demonstrating all issues. Corrected the problem in less than 90 minutes, and the price was reasonable after some Angie's List coupons that this service offers. Heath was very friendly and took the time to fully answer all of my questions. Very satisfied with this service and will definitely call Hot 2 Cold again.

Description of Work
AC leaks diagnosed and fixed, system recharged

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business.

02/10/2020

Steve R.

Perfect. Corey Burdette of Hot 2 Cold said when he would be there, showed up on time, and did a simply outstanding job. He was quick, thorough and diagnosed the problem to a perfect solution. He even went above and beyond by identifying a fix to prevent future issues. He was friendly, yet professional, and shared details and knowledgeable concerning the issue and how to prevent it. I would call Hot 2 Cold again and ask for Corey.

Description of Work
First had to identify the issue. Ended up performing condensation drain line clean out and rerouting

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the awesome 5 star review! We are so pleased to know we are providing our customers with utmost excellent customer service while also being efficient and getting the job done. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with the best service, and being able to assist in the most efficient manner. We most certainly look forward to future business! Thanks again for the excellent recommendation.

10/31/2019

SCOTT H.

I had two other AC companies at our property. None of them bothered to look at the unit very well they just said I needed a new one. John Campbell with hot to cold took his time to determine the problem and fixed our AC at a fraction of the cost the replace which is running great thank you John

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the awesome review! We most certainly appreciate your business. We are more than happy to know our company was able to provide excellent and efficient customer service. We look forward to future business should you need it.

10/31/2019

BOB B.

Hot2Cold preform an annual service on my one year old a/c system. John Campbell is a courtesy, skilled, experienced HVAC tech. No issues, John, followed up with a new filter., once it was available. I highly recommend both.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the awesome five star review! We appreciate the awesome recommendation and we are happy you are satisfied with our services. Stay cool, Hot2Cold.

10/30/2019

JON C.

Excellent, professional, courteous, fast service. Best A/C experience I have any received.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the awesome review, we most certainly appreciate it! We are pleased to know our company was able to exceed your expectations and provide excellent customer service.

10/29/2019

VICTORIA D.

The service technician, John Campbell was very professional. He arrived on schedule and was very friendly. He went right to work and quickly figured out what the problem was and fixed it at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend this company and especially John Campbell.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the excellent five star review! We really appreciate your business, we look forward to future business should you need it. Stay cool, Hot2Cold.

10/20/2019

Iyanna F.

John Campbell was my tech. He was great! Very knowledgeable and friendly. He got the job done quickly and he was very professional.

Description of Work
My hvac was tripped & wasn’t working

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are glad to know our technician was able to provide great customer service while repairing your unit. We certainly appreciate your business. Stay cool, Hot2Cold.

10/18/2019

Corey B.

The work was really neat and the tech was very professional. He made sure everything was up to code and the work was finished in less time then I thought. Would definitely hire them again for all my HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Needed to have my condensing unit up to code.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are happy to know you are satisfied with our company. Thank you for the excellent 5 star review! We look forward to future business. Thanks again!

10/17/2019

James T.

This process went much smoother than I anticipated. After meeting with a few companies I went with Hot 2 Cold. They are the only company that seemed to actually look at my home and want to educate me on what I could do. The other companies came out for less than 30 minutes and gave me a verbal price. Hot 2 Cold spent over an hour and even climbed through my attic. Warren is the salesperson that came out initially. Mike, Corey, Jose and Will did the installation of the new ac. Thank you gentlemen very much!!

Description of Work
A/C replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are happy to know we exceeded your expectations and that you are highly satisfied with our company. We most certainly appreciate your business, and we are pleased to be at your service. We hope for future business should you need it. Stay cool, Hot2Cold.

10/17/2019

Rosalie L.

John was very knowledgeable and friendly. My appointment was scheduled less than 24 hours from when I called.

Description of Work
AC unit maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the awesome 5 star review. We are very appreciative of your kind and honest words. We are glad we were able to be of assistance in an efficient and timely manner.

09/13/2019

SARAH M.

Sean and James were terrific. Professional, detailed and intelligent. They solved problems I have had for years.

Description of Work
A/ was not draining condensation properly and instead of selling me a lot of expensive parts, technicians took the time and care to properly diagnose and fix the issue.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to know our technicians were able to provide excellent customer service as well as efficiently solving your AC issues. We hope for future business should you need it! Stay cool, Hot2Cold.

08/20/2019

Thomas W.

They came out and tried to fix my AC. 1st guy couldn't get the job done. 2nd guy was owners father. He couldn't fix it either 3rd guy was the Engineer of the company. He came to the house a few times also couldn't fix it, went though 2 boxes of fuses then he claimed I needed new thermos and new wires ran, he was gonna charge me over $900 . Decided to get a 2nd opinion. REM came out and pretty much LOL at what I told him this SO called ENGINEER told me. I didn't need new anything. REM fixed it the first try,and it was a basic fix. There were extra wires and all he had to do was trace the PROB wire disconnect it and make a new power wire which was right there in his face the whole time. After REM fixed it the first try. I called this guy on his CELL and we pretty much got into a argument. I demanded a refund NEVER got it. (as they didn't even fix my AC) then I told him I was gonna leave a BAD review.. he then started talking crazy to me. MAKE sure you write that we tried,and that we have great customer service???? lol um ok SO CALLED ENGINEER GUY that cant do an easy fix. I met everyone at the company but the OWNER..which none of them fixed my ac . GOOD LUCK with this company.. REM fixed it the 1st time 1st try and said it was an easy fix and this guy wasn't an ENGINEER … I took awhile to write this review by the way. date of service was awhile ago. HOT TO COLD owner if u wanna talk.. 3 of your guys have my #. which I should of talked to in the first place. by the way WESLEY and your FATHER are both very nice gentleman,, the Engineer(JAMES I think it was) not so much.. NEVER received my REFUND,dont even care about it now,just glad my ac is fixed and hasn't messed up since..

Description of Work
Ac kept blowing FUSE,and they didn't have a clue

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] we always want HONEST feedback, but that is not what you’re providing. We last visited your home roughly nine (9) months ago. You had a low voltage electrical problem. You are being truthful about the $900 cost, but not stating all of the facts. We came to your house three times. During the first visit we noticed you had a failed thermostat and replaced it. The system worked for a while then failed again. The next technician discovered both the transformer in the air handler and the blower control board was failed, so he replaced those items. The machine again worked only for a little while. On our last appointment we sent our most experienced and he uncovered an electrical short in the thermostat wiring. An intermittent short is one of the most challenging things to diagnose if the short isn’t present while we’re onsite. We did not quote you $900 to fix the thermostat wiring. We quoted $900 for all of the repairs that were required, most of which were already completed in our search for the reason all of these failed parts. It is common for a low voltage issue to take out a few components. Many times we need to replace an item or two in search of the trouble. Before we collect any money to fix a system we want to know 100% of the problems. For example, in your case we didn’t charge you a penny (other than the original diagnostic charge $160) for all of the work - new thermostat, replacement of 240v->24v transformer, and a blower control board. Once we had a clear and final resolution to get your 16+ year old unit running reliable again we quoted the total to complete the thermostat wire repair and all of the work that had already been done. This is when you said you wanted another opinion. After all of that work was finished and we found the break in the wiring there was only a small bit of work left, to replace the wiring. It makes perfect sense why the other company charged only a few hundred dollars. They didn’t need to replace all of the broken items we had already replaced and you’ve never paid for.

11/23/2018

Irma G.

The air handler is working great now and the technician was courteous professional. We will definitely call Hot 2 Cold for our next maintenance visit.

Description of Work
The technician patched up a major air leak to the ducts the original installer neglected. He also removed a second air filter we knew nothing about that was blocking air flow.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great feedback! We appreciate your business and we are glad our technician upheld our company standards. We are looking forward to future business thanks again!

11/13/2018

Donald M.

My 98 YO Mom evaporated (really) 4 plastic brushes she boiled in water and forgot, causing smoke/soot damage over most the home. The AC would not cool for 24 hours, until the caregiver changed the air filter. Next day, I drove 892 miles to Mom's home as we expected major damage or at least an air duct issue. I called Hot 2 Cold and James responded in 3 hours. In less than 30 minutes, James evaluated the entire system, tested the ducts, added cleaning solution to the condenser drain, adjusted an exhaust vent, and determined the entire system was in good condition with many years remaining. James recommended no repairs and there was NO CHARGE for the service or the advice. I'm a future customer and will spread the word to the local HOA. I should add James earned an INTEGRITY grade of 100%.

Description of Work
Evaluate AC system and determine air duct were damage from stove fire

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you immensely for the awesome 5 star review! We are so pleased to know we are providing our customers with utmost excellent customer service while also being efficient and getting the job done. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with the best service, and being able to assist in the most efficient manner. We most certainly look forward to future business if needed! Thanks again for the excellent recommendation.

07/01/2018

mark S.

Heath did great. On time. Fast. Good. Cleaned everything possible and explained everything required. Will use again

Description of Work
Air conditioning service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are happy to know our technician was able to do a great job and provide excellent customer service as he solved your AC needs. We appreciate your business and we are looking forward to future business should you need it! Stay cool, Hot2Cold.

06/16/2018

Angela K.

We hired Hot 2 Cold to redesign all of our duct work, add 4 returns, add Hepa filter to air handler and replace air handler platform. Job called for 3 full days of work. When my husband arrived home the first day of work, he went out and looked at what they did and noticed that they did not replace air handler platform they just added the Hepa filter and put everything back. We mentioned this to the lead installer the following day and he said there wasn't anything wrong with the platform that the leaks were coming from the duct work in the attic. We told him we wanted it replaced as it stated in our contract. Instead, they just painted the platform with mastic. We also noticed an area in our grass where it looked like a grill had been spray painted it turned out to be a grill in our living room that was not a standard size so they just spray painted it and tried to pass it off as new. After seeing this along with the supply plenum and mixing boxes also being reused we contacted James. He said he talked to the owner and they would contact the crew to make sure they replace the platform, mixing boxes, supply plenum and the grill in the living room. As you can imagine we were not feeling good about our decision to hire Hot 2 Cold. So we decided to tell them we want to take pictures once they pull the air handler back out and before they put it back in. That is when we realized why Jeremy didn't want to pull the unit back out, not only did they not replace the platform, they did not seal the return plenum as he stated he did the day prior. On what should have been the last day of the job they still had to remove the air handler, seal the return plenum and replace the platform, cut in the 4 new returns and run the duct work for those returns. We spoke to the owner, Wayne, he assured us that if we allowed them to work one more day they would be able to finish the job so we agreed. They had a full crew working all day. Jeremy came in around 6pm and stated that they were finished. He said the only thing left to do is to wait until Wednesday for the drywall repair guy to come fix the dry wall issues. The next morning when my brother went in the attic to take a look he discovered that the new return trunk that was replacing a 14'' undersized return trunk was replaced with a 10", the mixing boxes were reused and there was cold air leaking in the attic since they didn't tape or mastic. The supply is only carrying 1000cfm and the return 300cfm. Per the contract they were to redesign the duct work produce 1200 cfm on supply and return. We shut off our system, we didn't want to damage it by restricting it to a fraction of the unit's minimum cfm requirement. We called the owner on his cell phone no answer, we called the office and even our salesman to request that the owner contact us. When Mr. Giese called my husband back, he admitted that the crew did not finish, but were too embarrassed to tell us. They did complete it, they just didn't do it as the contract state and they hoped they would get away with it. When my husband talked to Wayne later that night he gave him yet another opportunity to come out and fulfill the terms of the contract. We stated we didn't want the original crew and we wanted him to be present for the time it took to finish the work. He had every excuse why he couldn't come. He was not willing to work with us and at the end of our conversation, before hanging up on us he said, "do not contact me again unless it's to give me your attorney's information". We have had 3 companies come out to give us estimates in what it would cost to fulfil what we contracted Hot 2 Cold to do and according to the 3 quotes all duct work installed by Hot 2 Cold needed to be replaced with a larger duct to achieve 1200cfm. We received a certified letter on 4/16/18 from an attorney by the name of Denise N Murphy, Esq located in Safety Harbor, FL. It stated she has filed a construction lien on our home behalf of Hot 2 Cold for nonpayment. We had no choice to hire an attorney to contest the lien, but our attorney did some research and found out that the lien that Mr. Giese and/or his attorney sent us was a fraudulent lien. Here we are 3 months later we have paid over 2 thousand dollars in attorneys fees and in supplies just to be able to run the system and our house still doesn't cool properly. We are still trying to get back $2658 deposit we paid him at the beginning of the job. We gave Mr Giese many chances to correctly do the job. After all of this is said and done we will still have to hire a company to come out and completely redo the job correctly.

Description of Work
Duct work redesign and replacement

04/01/2018

Danny S.

Great and I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again. Hopefully I won’t have to. Lol.

Description of Work
Air machine outside wasn’t working. Dude on the phone talked me through what to do. Saved me $240 at the least. Can’t thank them enough for their help, professionalism, and honesty.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thanks for the great 5 star review. We appreciate your business and we are glad we were able to resolve you AC needs. Stay cool, Hot2Cold.

01/01/2018

Jungmee L.

courteous, efficient and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
checked AC and heating system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the good review, we certainly appreciate your business!

12/14/2017

Robin M.

I called and spoke to Wayne, and he immediately said there was a fuse in the air handler that was probably blown. He stayed on the phone while we looked in the air handler and was able to tell us exactly where to find the fuse. He said if that didn't fix it he would be happy to come out. We went and got new fuses, put them in, and the AC started working again. He could have easily came out to fix the very simple problem and charge me for it. But instead, he took the time to explain everything on the phone, and as a result, did not make any money. The fact that he was so helpful and honest, definitely earns my future business. I have never had this type of experience with any other service contractor I have ever called. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Some wires on the outside of the ac unit were accidentally cut when mowing the lawn. We were able to splice the wires back together, but the ac would still not come on.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the review! We most certainly like to hear feedback from our customers, we are glad you are happy with our service. It is very reassuring to know our customers recognize our efforts, we most certainly take pride in providing the utmost excellent customer service. Stay cool, Hot2Cold.

10/16/2017

Brittany S.

Wayne came out to our house to service our AC unit. Upon his arrival he immediately figured out the issues with our unit with no hassle or sales pitch. He conducted himself in the most professional manner and again, without any sales pitches. Also, he did a duct sanitation on our unit which has made a tremendous difference in the air quality within our home. Our youngest child has had allergy issues in the past and since this service she has had significantly less allergy attacks. We highly recommend this service and this company. Thanks to Wayne!

Description of Work
AC unit service work and duct sanitation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you [Member Name Removed] so nice to meet the family.

09/05/2017

Robert B.

Fantastic. Great price, nice people. This company is a gem, the rare plumbing company that doesn't overcharge for everything. A+

Description of Work
Needed some simple plumbing stuff done. Snaked from the roof.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the awesome five star review! We appreciate your feedback, and your business. We are glad you are satisfied with our services.

08/31/2017

Carol H.

Please see above where I did my comments

Description of Work
YESTERDAY WAS JUST A CHECK UP THAT WAS HONEST. They didn't press me to buy major repairs or new products. The last time I had my A/C checked by another well known company I was told the whole system was ready to crash and I needed to replace it. That was a year ago. I choose to do nothing about it at the time and my unit has been running fine since then. Today I was told everything was working well and only the air handler part should be cleaned eventually. Can you believe the dishonesty of some AC companies? Definitely will call Hot 2 Cold back when the time comes.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the five star review! Stay cool, Hot2Cold.