We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

A DiChristopher Appliance Service

Founded 1992 • With Angi since October 1999

923 Terra Mar Dr

Tampa, FL 33613

A DiChristopher Appliance Service Inc.has been a family owned and operated business in the Tampa Bay area since 1992. Don DiChristopher, the owner has been servicing appliances for over 40 years. Anthony DiChristopher completed the Major Appliance Technician Training & Certification Program in 2006

07/27/2022

Elaine B.

This company deserves 10 stars. I have been looking for over 6 years for a good appliance repair company or person and finally I have one, DChristopher is exceptional. They called the day before to confirm the time a technician would arrive. The day of the appt, the technician called 10 minutes before arrival and pulled up 'exactly' at 10am. He was very professional, pleasant, HONEST, and he explained what he found and what had to be done to fix it. The price was very fair. They are professional, accurate, friendly ... more than I have seen in years. My compliments to Don and his team, you are outstanding. I was so impressed I have told over a lot of friends and neighbors and I will continue to tell more people.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

06/23/2021

Teri S.

Definitely will use them again. Anthony was prompt, realistic and very nice. He didn't try to sell any unnecessary repairs and explained what my options were. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

03/11/2021

dave F.

Don called and set an arrival time and arrived at that time, very good.. He did an excellent job diagnosing issue and was not pressuring to replace or sell parts, very honest. He was very knowledgeable about system, worked efficient and had part on truck. Highly recommended..

Description of Work
Ice Maker issue

02/16/2021

Steve M.

Perfect - Called when they had a cancellation - came out and fixed the problem. Did a great job.

Description of Work
Dishwasher Repair

Category appliance repair

We are so glad we could get out to you sooner and that you were happy with the service.

02/05/2021

Jim Z.

Anthony was here within an hour of requesting service. Very professional and courteous. I highly recommend

Description of Work
Dishwasher

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the kind review. We are always happy when we make our customers happy.

01/16/2021

Todd G.

I’m sure no matter what I say there will be a response from the owner justifying the treatment but it is what it is. I’ll leave this for people to use as they want. I read the negative reviews but like a normal person I looked at positive and negative and clearly the positive were greater . So I assumed a few people weren’t happy. Well I can attest they were spot on and it was the owner in the wrong. Maybe she has bad days or something I’m not sure. But the person I spoke to would NOT be employed at my company for long. From past reviews I believe I was speaking to the owner/ I’m a nice guy even when I sense someone is a jerk or in a bad mood. I try to ignore it. This time I just hung up. She called me back and I said I needed a dryer repair for a tenant as soon as possible. She said Thursday would be the earliest. I agreed and tried to say, I’m looking for a good company for repairs and found you on Angie’s list. I was cut off halfway through and not allowed to finish it until the end. And from there that was the tone the rest of the conversation until I hung up. She was just rude flat out rude the entire call. Telling me things I didn’t ask to know or care about. About being charged a fee since we are a company if no one is there. Told me we have to keep a credit card on file again only since we are a company. All of which I said no problem. Even though kinda odd if I’m a homeowner not giving you 20x the business then you don’t need a credit card on file and there aren’t any fees if no one is there when you show up? But anywho I told her all of that’s fine we have a maintenance man who lives in the unit downstairs plus the tenants are there. Again I’m trying to be nice and friendly and zero in return. She asked me for the location to make sure they service the area. I told her it’s near Bush Gardens, she didn’t know where bush gardens was. Shocking if you’re in business since 92 and in the Tampa area. She asked for a zip code and I told her it will take me a moment and started looking for it. While I was looking for it is mostly when she was firing off all the stuff about charging us fees and credit cards etc. She asked again for the hip code and again I told her I was looking. I was trying to make small talk while looking but she just wasn’t having it. Just total arrogant rude. Just about when I had that property pulled up on my phone I was finally able to say, we are looking forward a good company in the area and again she cut me off and said we don’t have the manpower. The mats when I cut her off thanked her and told her this isn’t going to work out have a nice day and hung up. I mean it takes a lot to **** me off and ruin my day and I mean a lot. I put up with her BS from the start of that call until the end but man her negativity was terrible. I understand being busy. I can work 7 days a week 365 and still not have enough time in the day. But that doesn’t make me a jerk. Because I know you’re going to come on here and argue and say everything was my fault and that I wasn’t giving you the zip code. Which will be a lie because I was getting it for you. And don’t say that you just couldn’t help us because you’re too small or too busy or any of the other excuses you have used. Because I just needed you for 1 job. Next time just say, sorry we are too busy. That’s it that’s simple. Because what do you think my response is going to be when another landlord or business owner asked me if I know a good appliance repair company ?

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Category appliance repair

I am the owner and I have been dealing with the public for over 30 years and I have found in that 30 years that if someone does not like the terms over the phone then they trash the person they spoke with. Here is how the phone call went: You called and left a message about a dryer repair and in your message you said the guy who normally repairs your appliances stopped returning your calls. I returned your call and you did not know the zip code the call was in. I do know where Busch Gardens is. You did not mention Busch Gardens over the phone to me. We use zip codes to narrow down the area where a property is located to confirm it is an area we service. While you were trying to find the zip code I explained to you that because this was a landlord/tenant situation and you would not be in the presence of the technician at time of service we require a credit card on file in our office. Our technician was going to make a phone call to you with a diagnosis and once the job was complete the office will then bill the credit card on file. You said ok. I also told you that if the technician arrives and cannot get a hold of you for an authorization to repair a service fee will be billed to the credit card for his time out. These things have to be said because of situations we have had happen to us in the past where we cannot get a hold of the landlord while the technician is at the rental. You then proceeded to tell me that you have many rentals and are looking for someone new to service all of them. I said, "I am sorry but we are not taking on any new accounts right now." you then hung up on me and didn't even give me a chance to give you another name of a company we recommend that could take on the volume of work you said you had.

12/19/2020

KATHY G.

We have an very old electric oven and when the lower element shorted I was sure we were toast. Alison was very through on asking me questions about the unit and said that Don would be able to come out the next day. The next morning he called to give me a 2 hour window and before he arrived he also called to let me know he was on his way. Thanks to Alison he knew exactly what the problem was and replaced the unit in no time. If anything every happens again to any appliance in our house he will be the first we call.

Description of Work
Replaced the lower heating element in oven

11/21/2020

Theresa J.

Workman was professional, courteous, and timely

Description of Work
Valve was replaced on ice maker line and new water filter

10/23/2020

Terry M.

Great, I spoke with Don over the phone, described the problem and set up a date for him to come and look at the problem. He called the day before to give me a two hour window, arrived on time and took care of the problem. He was very professional and took care to make sure that he limited any mess that might occur during the process. I was very pleased with the work and would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Replace water filter mechanism within the refrigerator

09/03/2020

CAROL S.

The technician called the morining of my appointment and provided a time frame for arrival. He arrived on time and had the issue diagnosed and repaired within an hour. I added one detail that I forgot to mention and he checked that out before leaving at no additional expense. I would use them for future appliance issues.

Description of Work
Freezer repair

08/10/2020

Clay W.

We were very pleased with the service and knowledge of the service tech. He was very professional and reliable. We definitely would call this company again, and recommend them to our friends.

Description of Work
Gasket replaced on double door refrigerator.

06/17/2020

kathi H.

He was on time, polite, professional, knew exactly what to do. He knew what part he needed and he had it in stock and in his truck. Took probably 40 minutes to do everything which included us chatting afterwards. I appreciated that because he didn't try to run the time up to just charge me more. I gave him a review on Facebook and posted their card so that all of my friends can know who to use in the future. I'm thrilled with the way this turned out.

Description of Work
I needed service on my fridge, the water dispenser stopped working.

06/11/2020

Christopher G.

I've hired DiChristopher Appliance twice now: 4 years ago for a leaking washer and again in June 2020 to fix my dryer. Excellent service, friendly and professional. I recommend them to my friends and I'll hire them again if needed.

Description of Work
Repair a washer and a dryer

05/06/2020

Betsy C.

Punctual, honest, a job well done. Would definitely use again for future problems.

Description of Work
Oven repair

05/02/2020

Teresa S.

Spoke to someone in office to get a quote. Call back a day later and left message with no response.

Description of Work
Oven not heating properly

Category appliance repair

Please call our office to clarify. What is the cost of $85.00 you have listed here? Our service fee to come out to your home and give an estimate is $78.00. We do not have any record of you. We would be happy to help you out. Please call 813-961-1188.

02/13/2020

shirley D.

When he came and looked at the refrigerator, he diagnosed it right away. He replaced the part that had been replaced before for a cheaper price. He was very nice and very professional. I would use him again and recommend him to friends. He was okay with me asking questions and watching him work.

Description of Work
Replaced fridge part.

02/07/2020

Vicki H.

Said price for repair would be almost the same as a new machine.

Description of Work
Washing machine

02/07/2020

Randolph B.

they were only after the $75.00 service charge.

Description of Work
cooktop on low would get to hot

Category small appliance repair

I am not sure why you would say that. First off, I do not see that you are a customer of ours. Secondly, our service fee is $78.00 no $75.00 are you giving this review to the right company? We would go out of business if all we did was go around town and collect service fees. Our goal is to come out and repair the machines at a fair price to our customers. Our over 500 A"s shows that we are committed to quality service at a fair price serving the Tampa Bay area for over 27 years.

02/02/2020

Sam S.

on time, very knowledgable, good advice

Description of Work
dishwasher repair

01/23/2020

Lu Ann B.

Great. Honest and efficient, and prompt

Description of Work
r4efrigerator repair

11/25/2019

BUCK B.

100% recommend this great service provider. Anthony came out, took a look at and disassembled our dryer to discover there were no major issues, just a few coins stuck around the drum. Honest, quick and very capable.

Description of Work
Dryer was squeaking

11/18/2019

Linda G.

Based on my input, Technician identified the issue within 5 minutes and replaced the element within 10-15 minutes. Pleased with outcome, but do feel the labor rate was high for the time it took to do the repair.

Description of Work
heat element replaced on dishwasher

Category small appliance repair

We are sorry you felt the repair was high. Our technician had to remove the dishwasher from the cabinet and uninstall a part that was previously installed incorrectly by your husband. The technician had to repair wiring, install a new part and reinstall the dishwasher then water test the unit. Our technician took longer then 10-15 minutes to do all of this. The cost was very reasonable considering everything that had to be done.

10/15/2019

Douglas B.

Great work from A. Dichristopher! Anthony came out for a same-day service. He immediately assessed the issue and had a factory part on the truck. Took all of ten minutes to get the job done, and he provided some helpful advice about my dryer to boot.

Description of Work
Washing Machine inlet valve needed to be replaced

09/29/2019

Susan N.

Technician knew thecoriblem and solution and also adviced that another repair would be needed soon. I authorized both of them to be done. He hot the other part and installed it as well. Very well mannered and knowledgable tech. I am extremely satisfied with the work and professionalism.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the kind review. We work hard to please our customers.

09/24/2019

fred O.

Much better than was at first thought it would go.

Description of Work
Getting the freezer started again

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Thank you. We work hard to please our customers and make the repair process as smooth as possible.

Mister Sparky Electric

We give you options for solving your electrical problem & provide you with an exact price on how much it will cost to the penny. Then, upon receiving your approval we will start the work immediately & finish it the same day in most cases. All repairs are guaranteed. If an electrical repair fails during normal use in the three (3) years we will either repair or replace the item at no charge to you. Your complete satisfaction with our electricians & electrical repairs is 100% guaranteed.

Offers Coupon

Mr. Electric of Lutz

Positricity

POSITRICITY is made up of expert electricians who are dedicated to providing the best electrical service in Tampa, Clearwater and St. Pete. Whether your job is large or small, our trusted electricians will provide on-time and same-day service, 24 hours a day. Additional phone - (727) 213-8658 & (813) 402-0478 .

Offers Coupon

LI21513
    Florida
    Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
    08/31/2019
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

We offer repair only services on the following: Refrigerators, Freezers, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Disposals, Stoves, Ovens & Water Heaters -At this time, we do not do installations.

We do not repair microwaves, small counter top appliances or wine coolers. -At this time, we do not do installations.