DAVID WALLER INTERIORS

Founded 1973 • With Angi since April 2008

3550 RIDGEWOOD AVE

Port Orange, FL 32129

Family owned and operated since 1973. One stop place for all interior needs from design and product selection to final delivery and installation! We are a Hunter Douglas Window Treatment Gallery Dealer, Mohawk Flooring Dealer, Kitchen and Bath design and showroom. 20%-50% off in-store merchandise. Employees 10-12. Accepts all major credit cards. Financing options available. Ongoing special offers....

03/20/2019

B. Renee A.

Went to lovely showroom, lovely furniture, nice lady at front desk to get furniture for our new house and 2 guest apts. Sadly, after waiting a long time without communication for our table, one of the delivery men pounded on the table in our DR- he didn't know how to assemble it, wouldn't read instructions, or listen to the other guy who was personable & quietly trying to instruct him. They mashed the end of the table & said it was that way out of the box even tho we saw it happen. We sent it back to the warehouse where their false narrative continued: Designer Stephanie actually admitted they told the furniture manufacturer it came out of the box bruised. Stephanie didn't get us good pics of the matching dinette, despite several requests- we gave up/got one somewhere else. She didn't find the rug-which was right under the dining table in their showroom- said she had no idea where to order it & could buy the dirty one and have it cleaned, ew. In all, this young lady seemed too bored to sell us the things we wanted. We should have walked, but by then we want our table. Despite promising to keep us updated, we waited AGAIN for table #2 with no update. We thought we were being smart picking it up ourselves. There is the same guy & despite numerous protestations on my part to get a dolly and get help, he proceeds to push the 4'x6' box on end across the concrete floor, bangs it on the floor trying to wrestle it on a cart, & mashes my wife's hand against the car. I really lost my temper & loudly expletived him to just get away from us. Despite telling Stephanie what transpired, we got no sorry, no nothing, just this expressionless stare. Wow. A lovely show room can't cure poor customer service and complete lack of respect for us & our costly purchase- resulting in damaged merchandise.

Description of Work
Bought a Dining Table

Category furniture sales, home remodeling

09/07/2012

Reeve G.

David (the son) is a very nice guy but completely unreliable. We tried to buy our cabinets from him even though his price was higher, we like him. Estimates were always missing something or had major errors in them. Could not get him to layout the kitchen on the CAD program to see what we were buying. He wanted the money first and then we would get to see what we bought, huh?? Would tell us he would get back to us in a couple days and a week and a half would pass before we would hear another excuse. Obviously doesn't check his email or phone because we called a week ago to tell him we were moving on and he just called me to say he was spread too thin to do our kitchen. Maybe $20,000 isn't enough to get his interest, I don't know. I think they prefer clients that leave for the winter and want him to surprise them when they get back. Sorry, I prefer to make my own decisions. We went to John's Appliance and had a CAD layout within 15 minutes. So far John's Appliance has been great...better quality cabinets too! Avoid David Waller Interiors.....you've been warned. Update - 12/19/12 John's Appliance is only marginally better. Still waiting for them to finish our kitchen now 2 months after the original estimated completion date. Wrong cabinets, missing parts, etc.. Avoid John's Appliance as well unless you have a lot of patience and a stomach for excuses. See reviews for the same.

Description of Work
We were looking to have our kitchen completely remodeled and new tile throughout a 2200sqft condo. We stopped in a Waller Interiors and liked what we saw. It was down hill after that.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to (Member name removed)negative review. First, I would like to point out that David Waller Interiors has been in business for 40 years, with many happy customers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent design ideas and service to our clients and their projects. Many of our clients are repeat customers, who know from past experience that their projects will be handled professionally, efficiently and for a fair price. (Member names removed) came to our showroom looking for floor tile for their condo. They also indicated some possible interest in kitchen cabinetry in the future. They selected floor tile only and scheduled an appointment for me to measure floors at their residence. Since they had indicated a future interest in kitchen cabinets, I also measured for cabinets so as to be able to provide that estimate without any delays once they were ready to make their selections. During their initial visit to our showroom (Member name removed) told me that if I gave him a “great price” he would “consider” purchasing the kitchen cabinetry from our company. I felt at that point that “price” was more of an influence on his decision than quality and service. I advised him that many of our clients have a level of trust with our company and leave town during renovation, knowing the job will be completed on time with quality workmanship. Knowing that (Member name removed) was “price shopping” I negotiated the best prices possible with my tile distributor and tile installer and presented an estimate that was 15% under my retail price. When I called (Member names removed) to ask if they were ready to proceed, (Member name removed) informed me they had contracted with another company for the project because their installation was .25 cents per square foot less than ours. At this time (Member name removed) said they were still interested in getting design ideas and a proposal from us for the kitchen cabinetry. Since they had not made any selections for the cabinetry, I explained I could give a broad estimate based on the latest trends, but would need more specifics (cabinet selections, door style, paint or stain choice, etc.) in order to give an accurate estimate. (Member name removed) requested a CAD drawing, which I explained we could provide after receiving a deposit on their order OR a $100.00 design fee (which would be credited towards their purchase). From a business stand point, we cannot just give our designs and CAD drawings to potential customers until we have a commitment from them. Had (Member name removed) been willing to pay the $100.00, he could have had the CAD drawing and my design ideas and taken them anywhere he chose. (Member name removed) states my estimate was “missing something” or contained “major errors”. The only thing missing was the specifics on items they had not selected yet and their ability to understand that I cannot quote a project accurately until I have all the information required. After explaining this a week or so went by and (Member name removed) scheduled a showroom appointment and finalized their selections. I then submitted a proposal detailed with an itemized list of materials and labor required to complete the project. (Member name removed) still requested I prepare the CAD drawing for him without any compensation or commitment to use our company. Due to my experience with him regarding the floor tile I respectfully declined and had no interest in doing business with him.

08/20/2012

Anne V.

It was difficult getting the job done in a timely manner. However, when the work was completed, it was satisfactory.

Description of Work
It was suppose to be a month job to remodel the kitchen, but it took about 6 months.

Category home remodeling

The customary time frame for a kitchen remodel comparable to this customer's is 6-8 weeks after receiving a signed contract and deposit. Admittedly, 6 months is an extraordinary length of time for completion of such a project. This delay was caused in part by the departure of the sales person who started the project. Ultimately, the owner of David Waller Interiors took over the project. Since that time, this company has taken several measures to insure such delays do not happen in the future. More sales personnel have been added, as well as cross training each sales person to be able to fill in wherever there is a need.

04/21/2008

MaryAnn E.

It was very difficult to get wallpaper that was not discontinued. Even when she called the company to see if it was discontinued, it turned out that it had been discontinued. Worse yet, they will not give a refund on an unopened roll of wallpaper. They pass the buck from one person to another. I would not recommend dealing with this company for any reason. The sales receipt was illegible due to crossing out items and rewriting. A new receipt would have been better. Looks like they are saving on paper.

Description of Work
Lori ordered wallpaper assuring me that it had not been discontinued. Several days later, she called to say 2 of the 3 selections had been discontinued. I then bought the third wallpaper that was for one bathroom. I had too much (one double roll) left over and returned it to the store for a refund because she said that any unopened rolls could be returned. They refused to give any refund because "we did not measure for the wallpaper".

Category wallpaper

Unfortunately, and due to circumstances beyond our control, vendors discontinue items every day. By the customers own admission, we called to verify her selections were still available and were told they were. Then after placing the order, we were advised some of the items were no longer available. Unfortunate for all involved, but not something we had any say in or control over. Our refund policy is clearly posted in several places throughout the store. As is the policy for most businesses, we do not give refunds on "special order" items. These are ordered specifically for the customer, we pay for the items and are unable to send them back if the customer changes their mind or orders too much. In this case, the customer provided their own measurements, even though we offered to go to their residence and measure (at no additional cost). We ordered the wallpaper, based on their measurements) and they ended up with one more roll of paper than needed. Had we done the measurements we would have gladly admitted our mistake and "absorbed" to cost of the extra roll. The customer states she felt she paid too much. The price was quoted prior to any deposits being collected or any order being placed. If she felt the price was too high why did she consent to the order?

Tropical Paradise Flooring, LLC

G&S Flooring Construction Services LLC

Primetime Tile & Stone LLC

We specialize in all phases of flooring services, such as laminate, vinyl, hardwood, tile, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Interior Design, space planning, custom window treatments, custom bedding, furniture, home accessories, home decor, home accents, furniture showroom, kitchen and bath design, kitchen and bath showroom, flooring, flooring showroom, carpet, tile, laminate, hard wood flooring, engineered flooring, countertops, stone, granite, marble, quartz, blinds, lighting, lamps, silk floral arrangements, free design consultations, upholstery, wallpaper, fabric, wall covering, mosaic tiles, backsplash, paint

N/A