Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing

Founded 1975 • With Angi since March 2006

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing has been around since 1975. We’ve built our business around the philosophy of providing superior skills in the air conditioning, heating, plumbing and indoor air quality service industry, backed by the highest quality customer care programs in the industry. We

4.4

4.1

plumbers (222)drain cleaning (41)air duct cleaning (31)water heaters (31)water softeners (6)sewer cleaning (3)HVAC Companies (762)home automation (1)

11/14/2022

Manny S.

I made an appointment for an emergency plumbing service on their website and their online system accepted the appointment. Today, I called to confirm the appointment only to be told they do not service Miami Dade County. When I tried to explain that the appointment had been confirmed in the system for 3pm on Tuesday, two different individuals in a very condescending way told me that they do not go to Miami Dade. It came across in both instances as if Miami Dade was beneath them…I asked then to speak to a manager only to be told none were available and that someone would call me back...no one ever called me back. They pride themselves in being in business for 45 1/2 years servicing 'Southeast Florida' but they seem to have forgotten that Miami Dade is within Southeast Florida. Their site alleges "of our two convenient locations in Pompano Beach and Port St. Lucie, we've been able to expand our coverage area. If you need service and don't see your community listed, contact us. We may have already expanded into your area. If not, we can refer you to one of our local partners that can help. We have been serving Southeast Florida with quality you can count on…… one customer at a time. Well you have lost one customer and will most likely lose many more if you do not teach your employees phone etiquette and the importance of customer service. I see now why you get a 2 in your reviews

Description of Work
Nothing is needed from you

Category plumbing

We're very sorry to see that your experience was less than 5 stars. Our focus is to do what is right for the customer and we would like the opportunity to address any of your concerns. If you would like to speak with us, please call us at your convenience.

11/12/2022

Linda B.

Lindstrom plumbing never disappoints. Reliable, courteous, considerate of your costs, quick to determine the problem, and they get the job done right the first time.

Description of Work
Install a new faucet purchased by the homeowner And discuss future projects

Category plumbing

We'll always go above and beyond to give you the best possible customer service. Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, it made our day! 😁

11/05/2022

Michael K.

The technician arrived on time, was pleasant, informative, and considerate. He quickly evaluated two separate toilets, made recommendations, actively worked to reduce the cost, and completed the work in less than 40 minutes. One of those rare positive experiences with a home repair and very much in line with all my Lindstrom repairs and installations.

Description of Work
Broken toilet handle and flapper replacements for two toilets.

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the 5-star rating and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your satisfaction means everything to our team! Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance!

09/29/2022

Barbara K.

Came at beginning of time range - great. Wore 'booties' - great. Very friendly and professional - great. I use Lindstrom for all my A/C and plumbing needs. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Plumbing maintenance - I have a maintenance contract

Work Completed On 09/29/2022

[Member Name Removed], We’re thrilled we were able to give you the great service you deserve. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance!

09/17/2022

Marisel M.

Really bad. He was hired for 3 jobs and he only did one. You can tell from the moment he walked in that he was in a hurry. in this first job ,he told me that he was only going to (replace faucet), not touching the Compression Outlet Multi-Turn Angle Valve it was too hard. In that case I would have done it myself. Also he did not ask if he can take the old faucet. He took a look at it and put it in the bag. Now on the second job, right away he told to "buy a new toilet." There is nothing wrong with my toilet, he only had to change the seat bolts." UNBELIEVABLE". On the third job, that there is nothing wrong with it. Just to tighten the screw . Well, as you can tell I'm very dissatisfied, with the performances, fees, lack of professionalism and empathy," I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN" Sincerely, Marisel Marte

Description of Work
Just to change a kitchen faucet.

Work Completed On 08/21/2022

08/11/2022

Matthew K.

Home Damage 8/1/22 While cleaning the outside coil, the technician noticed water and dirt going under the door of my home office. I found standing water covering a significant portion of my laminate floor. After vacuuming water, pulling up rugs, and removing furniture it was clear that water had seeped between the boards and damaged the floor. At this time 8/11/22, multiple attempts have been made to resolve the issue with Lindstrom and no offer for restitution in whole or in part has been made.

Description of Work
AC Coil Cleaning - Inside and outside

Work Completed On 08/01/2022

07/20/2022

Les S.

Previously, I have always been happy with Lindstrom Plumbing with exception to my last visit. Unfortunately, my tech left approximately 20 pounds of water logged pipe insulation in my attic. The reason why I contacted Lindstrom was due to their previous workmanship and work ethic. The quality of the work was very good but I can't give five stars when you leave all your trash up in my attic, especially when I called due to having a leak in my ceiling from water logged pipe insulation. Why would you leave the problem in the attic, it was not forgotten about, it was intentionally left behind. In hindsight I wish that I had taken photos of the event but unfortunately I was so upset I just put them into the trash bin.

Description of Work
Replace water logged insulation surrounding copper pipes

Category car stereo installation, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 07/19/2022

We're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it, [Member Name Removed]. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Call us at your convenience, at 954-312-2900.

06/29/2022

Ed K.

Technicians were knowledgeable. Service provided was excellent. Will certainly use them again

Description of Work
A/C air purifier installed and UVD light

Category

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

Thank you so much for the five stars and great review, [Member Name Removed]! It means so much to us that we could be there for you. Our customers are the best and they deserve the best!

05/20/2022

D R.

Beware. Lindstrom lures you with a reasonable charge, then doubles the repair cost. I needed a new blower mower. Linstrom charges a very reasonable $79 s/c which is applied to the repair if needed. My system is under warranty and covers parts 100%. After confirming the motor was needed, they quoted $720. I figured that must be a mistake and that they accidentally quoted for both parts and labor. Had a motor replaced 2 years ago for less than $350 labor - not by Lindstrom. Asked the lindstrom tech to confirm the $720 charge and he told me “the motor is $2300, but your charge is only $720”. I told him, “I only pay for labor under warranty so why are you giving me the cost of the part?” Not to mention he was also trying to push an additional $430 for a maintenance contract. It was confusing, so I called the office. First, the office said the $720 was parts AND labor, but when I told her it was under parts warranty, she put me on hold and came back to say that the quote is just for labor. I told her I paid less than half that a couple of years ago and all she said is that prices have gone up. Really? 100%+ increase in 2 years? I paid the $79 s/c and told them I’d let them know. Called another company I’ve worked with in the past who has a stellar rating on Angi (starts with a G and ends with stream). I was charged $390 for labor…period. It was a 25 minute job. Also, they told me the cost of the part would have been $900 if not under warranty - not the $2300 Lindstrom said the part cost. So they not only overcharge but they blatantly lie to make it seem like your saving money! Will never use Lindstrom again…ever.

Description of Work
Blower motor

Work Completed On 05/19/2022

Review for Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing - 3581 W McNab Rd, Pompano Beach, FL - 39740746

04/19/2022

Don M.

I called them because my AC capacitor was not working. I knew that when I called. I was told it would be $79 dollar service call unless it was covered by warranty then the service charge would be waived. My system is only 3 years old, installed by Lindstrom. What a joke the warranty is, I was charged $344 dollars to replace a $10 to $30 dollar part. Under warranty the part should be close to free or pro rated NOT 11 times the cost! The tech told me that was the cost of the capacitor and showed me the listing. The receptionist told me it was for labor for the 10 min it took him to do. All they did today is make sure one of their customers will never call them or refer the company to anyone else. I hope it was worth it. If you think they are sincere and want to help when they reply to a negative post, don't be fooled. The (please call us so we can go over your concerns) is just show. I have called several times and I was told every time that the manager is not there. He has yet to return my call. The receptionist said all he is going to tell you is, that is the price. This is a predatory business model that in no way benefits the customer. It is designed to line their pockets. I now laugh at the positive reviews that say you get what you pay for. I paid the price of a complete widow unit and only got a cheap capacitor.

Description of Work
AC unit repair

Work Completed On 04/17/2022

We're very sorry to see that your experience was less than 5 stars, [Member Name Removed]. Our focus is to do what is right for the customer and we would like the opportunity to address any of your concerns. If you would like to speak to us further, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call us at your convenience, at 954-312-2900.

04/05/2022

derrick C.

They quoted me a price of between $1000-$1200.00 and then they sent me an email of $2600.00 which is doubled the price that they quoted me. When he was here, he said that I should replaced my pump as well and he never gave me a price for it.

Description of Work
They should replaced our hot water heater.

Work Completed On 04/05/2022

Proposed Response: We're very sorry to see that your experience was less than 5 stars, ______. Our focus is to do what is right for the customer and we would like the opportunity to address any of your concerns. If you would like to speak to us further, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call us at your convenience, at 954-312-2900.

01/20/2022

Glenn T.

It did not go well. At first it went great I scheduled the appointment then they contacted me asking if they could come by (on the day they were calling me which was prior to my original appointment) I thought this was great that they could do it earlier but advised them that this was a tenant occupied home and I was unable to reach the tenant to confirm that they were home or not but they could stop by at their own risk. They did in fact stop by but the tenant wasn't home but one of her sons was home, whom let them in. Unfortunately the reason I had hired them was for a leak in the master bathroom but because the tenant wasn't home the master bedroom was locked, and they could not get in to handle the plumbing leak. I then found out that I was still charged the fee for them to assess the issue which was essentially driving to the house. When I called them to discuss this I was told very rudely that it wasn't their fault the tenant wasn't home to let hem in the master bedroom even though they moved up the appointment and even though the discussion that was had prior was that it was going to be at their own risk since I couldn't reach the tenant to confirm they would be home. The lady that I tried to explain this to was not having it showed know empathy or sympathy and did not recognize any understanding of what I was saying. Eventually I got transferred supposedly to a managers voice mail. Whom I left a voice mail for and never received a call back. In addition to all this, this was the 2nd time I had used Angies list to hire a plubmer to fix the same leak so I have now paid 2x through angies list and 2 different plumbers for a problem that never got fixed. Shortly after this incident I surprisingly got a call from an Angie's list agent asking about how the service call went, I explained everything above and was told I would get a call back. Again I never heard back from anyone at Angies list either. This is an unfortunate situation because I have this rental property that always needs repairs and neither angies list or Lindstrom air was able to help me and I'm out $100's now. Great job Angie's list and plumbers!!! I will definitely not be using Lindstrom and will soon be canceling my account with Angie's list.

Description of Work
Had a leaking Pipe

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

We're very sorry to see that your experience was less than 5 stars, [Member Name Removed]. Our focus is to do what is right for the customer [Member Information Removed] we would like the opportunity to address any of your concerns. If you would like to speak to us further, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call us at your convenience, at 954-312-2900.

11/11/2021

Lawrence W.

Demis was very good. Answered my questions well. Had a thorough understanding of maintaining my system

Description of Work
semi-annual inspection

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and thank you for the 4-star rating, _____! We are glad to hear that your technician did a great job and represented us so well. We will certainly let his supervisor know that you gave him kudos!

10/30/2021

Elizabeth S.

My neighbors unit was getting fixed, there was nothing wrong with my unit. On my way out at 4:45 Oct 4th, I saw this company working. When I came back home an hour later, my AC has been broke ever since. I called and Lindstrom came back out, I explained what I believe they caused he says no. He charged me for checking and says that there's a leak. I called the company and asked to speak to the highest authority, they spoke to the same technician and believed him and completely disregarded my concern. Lindstrom says that the technician said "I NOTICED WHEN THE UNIT STOPPED WORKING" yes!! what did you do at that moment to my neighbors unit, that caused mine to stop working? So you saw it working and you watched it stop. I understand accidents happen, however, Lindstrom should have investigated further with other technicians or professionals instead of just taking the technicians word and completely disregarding my concern. The one star I'm giving is due to the woman on the phone that spoke to me, she was very responsive.

Description of Work
They were fixing my neighbors AC and coincidently mine broke at the exact same time.

Work Completed On 10/30/2021

We're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Call us at your convenience, 954-312-2900.

10/20/2021

Ernesto R.

Today I had a service call for regular maintenance on my AC unit, which was priced at $89. The technician inspected my AC unit - inside and outside. I was offered a total of $3,000 for additional maintenance work related to dirty coil and related dirty infrastructure. The technician ended up changing my voltage generator for approximately $350. Overall I paid $482 for a changed voltage generator, which took 2 minutes to change out, and an inspection. Inclusive, the technician drained the line. Again, a total of $482. My biggest issue was when I called the company and spoke with Jennifer - a customer service operator. To say the least Jennifer needs customer service classes every six months. She was rude and disrespectful. I asked her to describe what was listed on my invoice so that I could gain a better understanding of what the original $89 consisted of. She read the items, repeating over and over again the same items. Then, when I tried to gain an understanding she didn't let me talk. She kept interrupting me and talking over me. I told her that I had let her talk and that it was my turn. That is when she said, No No, and placed me on hold. Eventually, Andre, Jennifer's supervisor called me at my request. I explained the unfortunate incident with Jennifer and asked him to listen to the recording so that he can assess for himself. Honestly, Jennifer needs to be fired. That is not someone who needs to be talking to clients. She is not cut out for a customer service job. What right does she have not to let a customer talk?

Description of Work
AC Maintenance

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

We're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it, [Member Name Removed]. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call us at your convenience, 954-312-2900.

09/25/2021

Ronald C.

I thought the price was kind of high on a emergency basic. I'm a senior citizen on a fixed income. The price of the job came to $653.00!!!! That hurt!!!!! The tech was great and the work was kept clean and tidy!!!!!!! He came on time and left on time according to the job rate.

Description of Work
Drain need to be clean out, where the garbage disposal located

Category car stereo installation, plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

Review for Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing - 3581 W McNab Rd, Pompano Beach, FL - 39486862

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please know we take any concerns very seriously, as we truly strive to ensure our customers are 100% satisfied with the services we provide. We would really like the opportunity to look into this further and do our very best to work on a resolution for you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at (713) 733-9241.

09/22/2021

Michael D.

Our sales contact Val was professional and courteous. This is second unit I’ve purchased from Lindstrom in last twelve months and Val is a big reason I’ve stayed with them. New unit installed yesterday. Santi and helper did an outstanding job. Professional, communicated along the way and took great care to ensure proper installation and review with me. Never fun to spend $$ on AC replacement, but Lindstrom makes it a lot less painful.

Description of Work
Installed new AC

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

That is wonderful to hear! Thank you for the 5-star rating and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance!

09/19/2021

Michael C.

We needed to replace our home AC system. Contacted Lindstrom because of prior experience, reputation, and they are more likely to have inventory of more HVAC systems because of their size (Covid shortages). The sales guy came the day after we called to give us system options and prices, and they could install three days later. The installation technician Seth (LIND7707) was professional, personable and communicated clearly exceeding expectations. We have used Lindstrom several times now and have had good experiences every time and their prices seem reasonable. Never a hard sell.

Description of Work
Replace complete residential HVAC system

Work Completed On 09/19/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words and great 5-star rating. I'll be sure to pass this on to our team. Please reach out to us if there is anything more we can do for you!

08/31/2021

Berj H.

George the technician was the ultimate professional. He took time explaining the whole process step by step.

Description of Work
Replace AC blower

Category car stereo installation, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and thank you for the 5-star rating, [Member Name Removed]! We are glad to hear that George did a great job and represented us so well. We will certainly let his supervisor know that you gave him kudos!

07/22/2021

frank P.

not well, I had 2 different repair men come over, both misdiagnosed what was wrong. First man told me I needed a new part, it was installed ($245+$45) and the problem persisted. Second repairman came over and said I needed either an entire new toilet or overhaul of the inside guts. I had the work done but this time no charge. BUT after it was almost done he said the actual problem was the toilet handle was too tight and really only needed to be loosened. SO I am out $290 for no reason as they couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Description of Work
toilet repair

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

We're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it, [Member Name Removed]. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Call us at your convenience, 954-312-2900.

04/22/2021

Marlene K.

I called gave them my name address and phone number and they called my X who has a different name and phone number to confirm the appointment. This has jeopardized my security and my privacy. I had to cancel for obvious reasons. Then they argued that they had someone elses name on record for my address. All I said is please just let me cancel.

Description of Work
Flap changed in tiolett

Work Completed On 04/22/2021