Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing

Florida: General
08/31/2022

3581 W McNab Rd

Pompano Beach, FL 33069

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing has been around since 1975. We’ve built our business around the philosophy of providing superior skills in the air conditioning, heating, plumbing and indoor air quality service industry, backed by the highest quality customer care programs in the industry. We make it our goal to provide homeowners with peace of mind, making sure all of your home systems operate safely, and we help you save money in lower fuel bills by keeping your equipment running efficiently and as effectively as possible. When you call us to make an appointment, know that we take your problems and our job seriously. We strive to earn your trust and business, and look forward to working with you. At Lindstrom, we want to be your number one choice in Florida home service providers!...

4.1

HVAC Companies (759)plumbers (217)drain cleaning (41)air duct cleaning (31)water heaters (31)water softeners (6)sewer cleaning (3)home automation (1)

04/19/2022

Don M.

I called them because my AC capacitor was not working. I knew that when I called. I was told it would be $79 dollar service call unless it was covered by warranty then the service charge would be waived. My system is only 3 years old, installed by Lindstrom. What a joke the warranty is, I was charged $344 dollars to replace a $10 to $30 dollar part. Under warranty the part should be close to free or pro rated NOT 11 times the cost! The tech told me that was the cost of the capacitor and showed me the listing. The receptionist told me it was for labor for the 10 min it took him to do. All they did today is make sure one of their customers will never call them or refer the company to anyone else. I hope it was worth it. If you think they are sincere and want to help when they reply to a negative post, don't be fooled. The (please call us so we can go over your concerns) is just show. I have called several times and I was told every time that the manager is not there. He has yet to return my call. The receptionist said all he is going to tell you is, that is the price. This is a predatory business model that in no way benefits the customer. It is designed to line their pockets. I now laugh at the positive reviews that say you get what you pay for. I paid the price of a complete widow unit and only got a cheap capacitor.

Description of Work
AC unit repair

Work Completed On 04/17/2022

We're very sorry to see that your experience was less than 5 stars, [Member Name Removed]. Our focus is to do what is right for the customer and we would like the opportunity to address any of your concerns. If you would like to speak to us further, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call us at your convenience, at 954-312-2900.

04/05/2022

derrick C.

They quoted me a price of between $1000-$1200.00 and then they sent me an email of $2600.00 which is doubled the price that they quoted me. When he was here, he said that I should replaced my pump as well and he never gave me a price for it.

Description of Work
They should replaced our hot water heater.

Work Completed On 04/05/2022

Proposed Response: We're very sorry to see that your experience was less than 5 stars, ______. Our focus is to do what is right for the customer and we would like the opportunity to address any of your concerns. If you would like to speak to us further, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call us at your convenience, at 954-312-2900.

01/20/2022

Glenn T.

It did not go well. At first it went great I scheduled the appointment then they contacted me asking if they could come by (on the day they were calling me which was prior to my original appointment) I thought this was great that they could do it earlier but advised them that this was a tenant occupied home and I was unable to reach the tenant to confirm that they were home or not but they could stop by at their own risk. They did in fact stop by but the tenant wasn't home but one of her sons was home, whom let them in. Unfortunately the reason I had hired them was for a leak in the master bathroom but because the tenant wasn't home the master bedroom was locked, and they could not get in to handle the plumbing leak. I then found out that I was still charged the fee for them to assess the issue which was essentially driving to the house. When I called them to discuss this I was told very rudely that it wasn't their fault the tenant wasn't home to let hem in the master bedroom even though they moved up the appointment and even though the discussion that was had prior was that it was going to be at their own risk since I couldn't reach the tenant to confirm they would be home. The lady that I tried to explain this to was not having it showed know empathy or sympathy and did not recognize any understanding of what I was saying. Eventually I got transferred supposedly to a managers voice mail. Whom I left a voice mail for and never received a call back. In addition to all this, this was the 2nd time I had used Angies list to hire a plubmer to fix the same leak so I have now paid 2x through angies list and 2 different plumbers for a problem that never got fixed. Shortly after this incident I surprisingly got a call from an Angie's list agent asking about how the service call went, I explained everything above and was told I would get a call back. Again I never heard back from anyone at Angies list either. This is an unfortunate situation because I have this rental property that always needs repairs and neither angies list or Lindstrom air was able to help me and I'm out $100's now. Great job Angie's list and plumbers!!! I will definitely not be using Lindstrom and will soon be canceling my account with Angie's list.

Description of Work
Had a leaking Pipe

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

We're very sorry to see that your experience was less than 5 stars, [Member Name Removed]. Our focus is to do what is right for the customer [Member Information Removed] we would like the opportunity to address any of your concerns. If you would like to speak to us further, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call us at your convenience, at 954-312-2900.

11/11/2021

Lawrence W.

Demis was very good. Answered my questions well. Had a thorough understanding of maintaining my system

Description of Work
semi-annual inspection

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and thank you for the 4-star rating, _____! We are glad to hear that your technician did a great job and represented us so well. We will certainly let his supervisor know that you gave him kudos!

10/30/2021

Elizabeth S.

My neighbors unit was getting fixed, there was nothing wrong with my unit. On my way out at 4:45 Oct 4th, I saw this company working. When I came back home an hour later, my AC has been broke ever since. I called and Lindstrom came back out, I explained what I believe they caused he says no. He charged me for checking and says that there's a leak. I called the company and asked to speak to the highest authority, they spoke to the same technician and believed him and completely disregarded my concern. Lindstrom says that the technician said "I NOTICED WHEN THE UNIT STOPPED WORKING" yes!! what did you do at that moment to my neighbors unit, that caused mine to stop working? So you saw it working and you watched it stop. I understand accidents happen, however, Lindstrom should have investigated further with other technicians or professionals instead of just taking the technicians word and completely disregarding my concern. The one star I'm giving is due to the woman on the phone that spoke to me, she was very responsive.

Description of Work
They were fixing my neighbors AC and coincidently mine broke at the exact same time.

Work Completed On 10/30/2021

We're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Call us at your convenience, 954-312-2900.

10/20/2021

Ernesto R.

Today I had a service call for regular maintenance on my AC unit, which was priced at $89. The technician inspected my AC unit - inside and outside. I was offered a total of $3,000 for additional maintenance work related to dirty coil and related dirty infrastructure. The technician ended up changing my voltage generator for approximately $350. Overall I paid $482 for a changed voltage generator, which took 2 minutes to change out, and an inspection. Inclusive, the technician drained the line. Again, a total of $482. My biggest issue was when I called the company and spoke with Jennifer - a customer service operator. To say the least Jennifer needs customer service classes every six months. She was rude and disrespectful. I asked her to describe what was listed on my invoice so that I could gain a better understanding of what the original $89 consisted of. She read the items, repeating over and over again the same items. Then, when I tried to gain an understanding she didn't let me talk. She kept interrupting me and talking over me. I told her that I had let her talk and that it was my turn. That is when she said, No No, and placed me on hold. Eventually, Andre, Jennifer's supervisor called me at my request. I explained the unfortunate incident with Jennifer and asked him to listen to the recording so that he can assess for himself. Honestly, Jennifer needs to be fired. That is not someone who needs to be talking to clients. She is not cut out for a customer service job. What right does she have not to let a customer talk?

Description of Work
AC Maintenance

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

We're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it, [Member Name Removed]. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call us at your convenience, 954-312-2900.

09/25/2021

Ron C.

I thought the price was kind of high on a emergency basic. I'm a senior citizen on a fixed income. The price of the job came to $653.00!!!! That hurt!!!!! The tech was great and the work was kept clean and tidy!!!!!!! He came on time and left on time according to the job rate.

Description of Work
Drain need to be clean out, where the garbage disposal located

Category car stereo installation,plumbing,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

Review for Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing - 3581 W McNab Rd, Pompano Beach, FL - 39486862

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please know we take any concerns very seriously, as we truly strive to ensure our customers are 100% satisfied with the services we provide. We would really like the opportunity to look into this further and do our very best to work on a resolution for you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at (713) 733-9241.

09/22/2021

Michael D.

Our sales contact Val was professional and courteous. This is second unit I’ve purchased from Lindstrom in last twelve months and Val is a big reason I’ve stayed with them. New unit installed yesterday. Santi and helper did an outstanding job. Professional, communicated along the way and took great care to ensure proper installation and review with me. Never fun to spend $$ on AC replacement, but Lindstrom makes it a lot less painful.

Description of Work
Installed new AC

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

That is wonderful to hear! Thank you for the 5-star rating and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance!

09/19/2021

Michael C.

We needed to replace our home AC system. Contacted Lindstrom because of prior experience, reputation, and they are more likely to have inventory of more HVAC systems because of their size (Covid shortages). The sales guy came the day after we called to give us system options and prices, and they could install three days later. The installation technician Seth (LIND7707) was professional, personable and communicated clearly exceeding expectations. We have used Lindstrom several times now and have had good experiences every time and their prices seem reasonable. Never a hard sell.

Description of Work
Replace complete residential HVAC system

Work Completed On 09/19/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words and great 5-star rating. I'll be sure to pass this on to our team. Please reach out to us if there is anything more we can do for you!

08/31/2021

Berj H.

George the technician was the ultimate professional. He took time explaining the whole process step by step.

Description of Work
Replace AC blower

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and thank you for the 5-star rating, [Member Name Removed]! We are glad to hear that George did a great job and represented us so well. We will certainly let his supervisor know that you gave him kudos!

07/22/2021

frank P.

not well, I had 2 different repair men come over, both misdiagnosed what was wrong. First man told me I needed a new part, it was installed ($245+$45) and the problem persisted. Second repairman came over and said I needed either an entire new toilet or overhaul of the inside guts. I had the work done but this time no charge. BUT after it was almost done he said the actual problem was the toilet handle was too tight and really only needed to be loosened. SO I am out $290 for no reason as they couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Description of Work
toilet repair

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

We're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it, [Member Name Removed]. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Call us at your convenience, 954-312-2900.

04/22/2021

Mar B.

I called gave them my name address and phone number and they called my X who has a different name and phone number to confirm the appointment. This has jeopardized my security and my privacy. I had to cancel for obvious reasons. Then they argued that they had someone elses name on record for my address. All I said is please just let me cancel.

Description of Work
Flap changed in tiolett

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

04/15/2021

russel P.

Real unpleasant. They showed up within 2 hours was appreciated. However the young techie looked at the thermostat and spent 90 minutes working on the wrong unit. When he realized that he corrected the failing unit in 15 minutes. He told me it was warranty work, had me sign an electronic receipt for $0--then again confirmed there is no charge---and this morning I receive a bill for $529.00 describing massive repair work. I recall now that the few times I had them come over for earlier work they always, repeat, always find a new several hundred dollar assignment--why i switched to another co. here, Olson's. In fact a few hours before the Lindstrom guy arrived I had a service call from Olson--they said nothing wrong whatsoever with the unit itself but that the thermostat was the issue. They don't service Carrier thermostats so I reluctantly called Lindstrom. As as was under warranty I went back to the seller. I am thoroughly incensed at this stunt and have zero intention to pay this. Never had a problem here with any other vendor

Description of Work
thermostat on $6000 unit conked out after 18 months--called for warranty repair

Category car stereo installation

Work Completed On 04/14/2021

04/07/2021

Renee P.

The appointment went exceptionally well. The service person was professional, competent, efficient, thorough, and polite. I would highly recommend him and have been satisfied with Lindstrom’s service for a number of years.

Description of Work
Routine HVAC Service

Work Completed On 04/07/2021

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and your continued business. It really means a lot. Stay safe and please reach out if there’s anything else we can assist with.

02/23/2021

Hermann T.

Excellent service. Encountered no problems. Techs were very friendly

Description of Work
Replace 50 gallon water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

Thank you for your wonderful review! We truly appreciate it. We’re thrilled we were able to give you the great service you deserve. Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance!

02/15/2021

Curtis J.

All went fine as expected, and as experienced on every visit from our tech. Very satisfied with the regular inspection and service provided by Lindstrom and our tech Alin Norcius.

Description of Work
Semi-annual checkup of HVAC.

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing your experience as our loyal customer. It's our privilege to maintain your equipment so that you can enjoy a comfortable home all year long. Thank you for choosing Lindstrom and for allowing us to be there for your HVAC needs. If we can be of further assistance, please give us a call!

02/14/2021

Kristi G.

Unbelievable service! Within an hour of my call they were at my home - and this was at 9pm! Technician was knowledgeable, professional and courteous. He diagnosed the problem immediately and the work was completed within an hour. Thank goodness for Lindstrom!

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

Work Completed On 02/13/2021

Thank you so much for your business and your amazing testimonial. Both mean a lot to us! If there is anything more we can do for you, please feel free to give us a call!

02/09/2021

Declan M.

Excellent job , detailed as tech Glen Daniels was like a dentist , he opened, cleaned each unit to perfection , took pictures for records, changed all filters with a commanding personal touch, I have never seen this done as good previous. The man would be a great teacher for all other techs, he definitely is a Keeper.

Description of Work
Service on 3 large AC units

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for the A rating and for sharing your experience with us. We always love to hear how our technicians are doing. We are glad you had a great visit with Glen and we look forward to working with you in the future. Take care!

01/07/2021

Cathi L.

I've used this company for a long time and they never disappoint. Naphtali was my technician this visit and we was great. Although he was here for AC maintenance, he saw that my UV unit was broken and after doing extensive troubleshooting he found it was the unit and not the bulbs. He replaced it. It was under warranty so there was no charge. He was very professional, respectful and knowledgeable. I am very happy with my service and Naphtali.

Description of Work
I needed maintenance for my AC

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

Thank you for the A rating and for sharing your experience with us! We are pleased to know that our technician represented us so well and helped earn us a great rating and review. We will be sure to let him know of your satisfaction with his work. Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance!

12/23/2020

David J.

They had to cut the water lines to place the flush valves in and repair part of the system which actually needed to be replaced. The service was performed by a gentleman named Abner who was very knowledgeable and courteous. He did a very good job.

Description of Work
Back flushing and repair of a tankless water heater

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for the awesome review and for sharing your experience with us. We always love to hear how our technicians are doing. Glad you had a great visit and we look forward to working with you in the future.

12/12/2020

Robert B.

We have been a long time customer of Lindstrom and are extremely satisfied with the quality of the service and the professionalism of the staff. Always there when scheduled and they do the job right the first time.

Description of Work
Semi-annual service.

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

Awesome! Thank you for the A review and for sharing your experience with us. We always love to hear how our technicians are doing. Glad you had a great visit and we look forward to working with you in the future.

12/09/2020

William R.

They were quick to call me, but couldn't provide me service for several days

Description of Work
replace shower pan

Work Completed On 12/09/2020