FLOORS TO GO

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2010

4101 N. FEDERAL HWY

Pompano Beach, FL 33064

WE ARE PART OF A 1,600 STORE CHAIN. WE DO NOT USE CONTRACTORS, ALL OF OUR INSTALLERS ARE EMPLOYEES AND HAVE BEEN WITH OUR COMPANY FOR OVER 7 YRS. LIFETIME WARRANTY FOR FLOORS TO GO INSTALLATIONS. ALL OF OUR EMPLOYEES HAVE THERE STATE COMPETENCY LICENSE. PLEASE....

01/30/2019

Michael K.

Mark & Barb in the office and the fellow sent out to measure were professional & the installers were very experienced. The owner Phil inserted himself in the process as the contact was being completed and he was not reliable and difficult to deal with. Project challenges: Over runs: Phil promised the following in writing before the work was contracted: Phil wrote…. NOT TO WORRY. WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN OVER RUNS. SINCE WE MEASURED, IF I MISSED A ROOM YOU WILL NOT GET THAT CALL OR IF I WAS SHORT ON BASEBOARDS, YOU WILL NOT GET THAT CALL. Phil came back twice after job started looking for money above the contracted amount, once because the vinyl floor to be removed in one bedroom had been glued down, and again because the doors needed to be trimmed up for the higher thickness of the new porcelain floor. He threatened to stop work or do an inferior job on the bedroom floor if we would not pay more. We negotiated an additional amount to keep the job going. Tiles: The work contracted included replacing backsplash in kitchen and tiles on shower floor. The installers took one look at the kitchen premises and said the tiles that had been sold to us by Floors 2 Go would not work. The backsplash ties were returned. We requested that granite be used instead. Phil indicated that he could not do granite and that he would put us in touch with a granite company. Despite several follow ups with Phil this referral was never provided, and the backsplash work was not done. A credit was given but we are left looking for a solution with other suppliers now. The tiles installed in the shower were not the ones we contracted for. Phil denied the error twice despite being referred to the clear wording in the contract. We needed to resolve this issue with Mark. Workmanship. Immediately after completing payment we discovered that the installers had not put any grout between the tiles under the stove (picture below), We requestedFllors 2 Go send the installers back to complete their work. This was early Dec – we were told that they were too busy but perhaps later in December. We contacted Phil when no one had called by late December. The initial email went unanswered. When we followed up at the beginning of January Phil advised that the industry shuts down over the holiday and now his installers were busy on other jobs but someone in the office would call me. It will be February tomorrow, and no one has called and he work remains unfinished! Timeliness & Inhouse contractor claim. Phil said in writing… FROM START TO FINISH WHAT YOUR SIZE JOB WILL PROBABLY TAKE APPROXIMATELY TWO WEEKS TO COMPLETE. WE DO NOT USE SUBCONTRACTORS ON OUR JOBS. The work actually took 6 plus weeks which caused more expense for me to have someone onsite (this is a seasonal condo). Phil submitted a building permit to me for signature without identifying the contractor – turns out it was another company that Phil claims is related. We did not grind on the price when shopping this deal – we tried to select a reliable counterparty and demanded price certainty. There are some good people at the company, but Phil proved very difficult & unreliable. The grout work is still not done and there has been no call from the company trying to schedule completion!

Description of Work
Take up and replace all flooring with porcelain tiles in a two bedroom condo. Replace backsplash & tiles on shower floor.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

09/28/2017

Debbie F.

I am so Happy with my decision to use Floors To GO Pompano, I never write reviews but in this case I had to...... from the moment I walked into Floors To Go showroom and saw their selection I was very impressed, the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The day I was installed , the installers introduced themselves and were very polite, clean and professional. I am SUPER HAPPY with my new flooring and can't wait to show them off!!! I will definitely use them again and recommend them to all my friends and family! Thank you Floors To GO :)

Description of Work
New Flooring for home

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,marble & granite

08/29/2017

cristy B.

We chose Floors to Go because of Barbara's expert customer service and their great selection of flooring. Price was reasonable for the material we chose. The installers showed up on time and installation began pretty quickly following contract signing last year. Overall, the flooring looks beautiful. However, we ran into a couple problems: Floors To Go caused significant damage to our 2 year old paver driveway. They left 2-3 sets of scratches running 40 feet from the carport to the street (see photos). At first we thought it was just powder residue from sawing the tile pieces in our carport and tried to hose it off, but after a few days the marks were still there. We mentioned this to Philip and he (to his credit) inspected the damage personally and then sent one of his friends to power-wash. That did not work. He wrongly assumed that the damage had been caused by the driver who delivered the pallets of flooring and then had the driver come over to try to fix the damage. I explained to both the driver and Philip that the damage was NOT caused during delivery since there was almost a full week between delivery and installation and I would have surely noticed these scratches during this time. The damage was done on the final day the crew left while they were loading up all the equipment. I actually SAW them dragging the heavy metal equipment from the carport to the van. My guess is that a couple pieces of gravel got stuck between the tires and pavers, an honest mistake. After Philip tried his two repair options with no luck, he had Barbara tell us to provide an estimate from a paver company to fix. After trying to fix a few more times ourselves, we provided a very reasonable estimate of just under $1,000.00. (The driveway cost total of $6500 to construct). Since I didn't get any response from the estimate, I was in the neighborhood a couple weeks later (May 2017) and stopped by to discuss the problem. Although I could see Philip at his desk behind the GLASS wall, HE DIDN"T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO COME OUT AND SPEAK TO ME! --even after I waited at least 30 minutes. Poor Barbara had to go back and forth with our messages to each other, the last from Phil stating that "I can go sue the delivery contractor because it was his fault, not mine". Funny statement from a company that brags about the fact that all of their workers are employees of the company, not SUBCONTRACTORS. (I now suspect that the glass wall leading to Phil's office is likely bulletproof). Now we are forced to mull over the idea of taking this to small claims court. Who needs this aggravation?? Seems like a no-brainer that when a company inspects a damaged area, tries to fix it at least TWICE, that there is an acknowledgment that the damage happened under their watch and they are responsible to repair. Judging from the other negative reviews, I guess that only applies if the repair costs under $100. Worse than any of this is Philip's snarky attitude. He sure made himself available to take our $18,000 bucks, but not to at least DISCUSS this with me let alone fix the damage that his company was clearly responsible for creating. It's a shame because until this point, I was hoping to use them to install crown molding. Now I won't use them for anything.

Description of Work
Installed plank porcelain tile and baseboards throughout the entire house

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

we contacted Mrs [Member Name Removed]. that the delivery service damaged her drive [Member Information Removed]. she had the delivery services company's name and phone number to resolve. This was a company that Mrs [Member Name Removed] hired to deliver her tile. she insisted that it was our hand truck that did the damage ,but it was actually the delivery service because they have a electric hand truck which was not designed to go up drive ways , but more to be in a flat surface like in a warehouse..Our hand truck has air filled tires and has nothing metal dragging at the bottom of it. unfortunately, the customer was not home at time of the delivery and we arrived after the tile was delivered. All we did was hand truck our setting materials safely to her car port, as we do all of our jobs.. we have never been accused by any other customer, because our hand truck does cause damage.. sincerely, Philip

07/24/2017

Reuben R.

Floors to go came with fair estimate and worked with my tenant to get job professionally done on time. When a problem occurred due to tenant changes to climate maintenance, company came in and corrected immediately.

Description of Work
Needed water damaged wood fab floor replaced.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Hi [Member Name Removed], we would like to thank you for your business and it was great dealing with you..if you have any issues with your floor, we will be there for you to resolve.. thanks again.. Philip

05/15/2017

Anita M.

Everything went very well. People were very helpful and nice. Installers were there on time and seemed to do the required installation and clean-up before leaving.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet with wood floors in 2 bedrooms

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

05/04/2017

brian C.

Everything went great, from the time we walked into the showroom to the completed job. It was a small job but we will use them again when we need more work.

Description of Work
New laminate floor in bedroom.

02/09/2017

MARK R.

The sales associate was very informative about the features and benefits of the products I was looking at. He took his time and really made me feel comfortable about my selection. the installers that came out to my home arrived on time they where very professional and really went the extra mile to ensure that my installation was perfect before they left. They where very clean and organized during the installation process which made having my home a construction site easer to manage.

Description of Work
I needed to have some tiles removed and some hardwood flooring installed.

02/03/2017

Grace B.

After they wrote up my order, on January 21 I put down a 50% deposit on my credit card which was $1350. They wrote on my invoice that the install date would be approximately 10 days later, and I was given the dates of February 1 and 2. Two days after I paid them they called me and told me that one part of my order was out of stock and would be available the following week. They moved my install date to Feb 9 and 10. They called me another two days later to tell me that the part of the flooring was out of stock was now not going to be available till the end of February and that my install date would be sometime in March. I went in and told them I wanted a refund and that I wanted to cancel the order. The owner came out and said that since this was a special order, they couldn't cancel it. I'm now out $1350, plus interest on my credit card. The only reason I hired them originally was based on reviews on Angie's List. The salesperson was very nice but I ended up having a shouting match with the owner in the showroom. When I mentioned that I would take it up with Angie's List and with my credit card and he said "You will lose!" I even offered that once he got all of the materials, that I would come back and start the process all over again and he said no.

Description of Work
I hired them to install vinyl flooring.

Category hardwood floor

Customer ordered a flooring that was a non stock item and it was a special order. After we ordered her product, we were notified that her molding were on back order and they ship what they had on hand. Customers material is here in our warehouse and ready for pickup , except her two moldings, in which she was notified of the back order and she agreed to wait on the missing moldings. customer decides after her flooring has arrived to cancel the special order. A special order, is a special order. Customer did not want to talk about a resolution and started yelling and storm out of the store. on the next business day, I took it upon my self to reach out to the distributor and due to our good relationship, they are willing to take back the order and give the customer a full refund..the lesson to all of this is not to loose your cool and communication is priceless...

08/04/2016

Judith G.

Incredible. Not only do they have a wide selection of carpeting and all types of flooring in the showroom, but they also have helpful and knowledgable people to aid in the selection. From selecting, to ordering to delivery of the carpet was barely a week......just as promised. The room measurements were so accurate, there was little overage. Efficiently and carefully the two employees of FTG emptied the room, pulled up the old carpet and pad, corrected some errors of the builder's installation and laid the new carpet/pad in place. And the room was quickly returned to its original state after we inspected the carpet. We cannot be more satisfied and hope to do business with them in the near future. Did I mention what a good price we got on the carpeting???

Description of Work
Replace stained carpet with new carpet and padding

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

06/19/2016

Eric F.

It was horrible. In my Opinion they did a really bad job. They came out and took out my old existing tile and left a huge mess and cracked a lot of my good tile. I had to have the guy come back and clean up and fix my tile. Then he cracked my title in office area next to living room area. Floors to go did not want to get involved and only took $100 off my bill. The pompano beach floors to go has Bad customer service. If they send a guy out named Eric please be very cautious in my Opinion.

Description of Work
Added new living room wood title floor and closet title.

Category flooring contractor

ON 3/11/2016 CUSTOMER GAVE US AND A+ REVIEW (PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW PRIOR REVIEW) CUSTOMER IS UPSET THAT WE HAD HIM SIGN A WAIVER DUE TO THE ABNORMAL PRIOR INSTALL FROM ANOTHER COMPANY.. CUSTOMERS EXISTING TILE THAT WAS TO BE REMOVED , WAS INSTALLED BY ANOTHER COMPANY. THE OTHER COMPANY USED CEMENT INSTEAD OF THINSET WHICH IS THE CORRECT SETTING MATERIAL. WE TRIED OUR BEST TO REMOVE THE TILE AND WE DID NOTIFY THE CUSTOMER THAT THERE WILL BE TILES THAT MAY CRACK DUE TO THE CEMENT AND THAT THERE MAY BE UN FORESEEN ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE DUE TO THE CEMENT . CUSTOMER SIGNED OUR WAIVER AND ASKED US TO PROCEED. UNFORTUNATELY, THE ISSUES AROSE AND CUSTOMER WAS UPSET THAT THE TILE WAS NOT LOOSENING FROM THE CONCRETE SLAB DUE TO THE PRIOR COMPANY USING CEMENT AS A SETTING MATERIAL..