Guerra Services

Founded 2017 • With Angi since December 2018

Family owned business with over 10 years experience.Our services provide repairs on all home major appliances: Refrigerators Ranges Dishwashers Microwaves Washers Dryers We also work on most major brands like: Whirlpool/ Maytag Frigidaire General Electric Kenmore L-G Samsung Bosch Viking MIELE ... and more Service calls Charges Hillsborough / Polk County areas $60 Pinellas / Pasco $60...

A Service Provider's profile image

+12 more images

appliance repair (86)small appliance repair (13)

09/14/2021

Linda L.

Excellent, the service provider was professional and he was on time

Description of Work
He repaired your washer

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

04/07/2021

Bob D.

Not very well. Refrigerator was leaking water when he left and the next day every time we requested water from the refrigerator the water leaked out of the bottom of the refrigerator. I called Mr Guerra 3 days in a row before I could speak to him. He said he would be out the next day. That was a week ago. He still has not called me. This was the worst experience I have had with an Angie’s List contractor. I am very disappointed with Guerra Services and disappointed with Angie’s List as well for listing Guerra Services as a preferred vendor. I would not recommend this appliance repair service to anyone

Description of Work
Repair refrigerator water dispensing system

Work Completed On 04/07/2021

Client contacted me to inspect 4 appliances. I told client that there was a fee of $60.00 per appliance to get inspected. Client agreed on price prior to visit. I asked client what was wrong with the refrigerator, client stated that it was leaking from the back. I stated to client that the line needed to be replace or she could opt to put a shark bite. Client decided shark bite was the better option. Client never stated that there was any issues with the freezer door. I never inspected freezer door. The total for the inspection was $240. Client stated that was too much for her to pay so I reduced the cost to $120. I spent 2 and a half hours there. I didn't charge client accordingly and gave her a 50% discount. I don't feel there is anything else I can do for this client.

01/07/2021

Scott L.

Service was helpful and professional.

Description of Work
Fix on/off valve for gas ovem

Work Completed On 01/06/2021

01/02/2021

Janet G.

Omar’s was very kind and I believe it went well. My gas dryer is brand new therefore so far the conversion from natural to propane is working.

Description of Work
Change natural gas to propane gas

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

12/31/2020

James H.

He repaired 3 leaks on my washer. I had to go find a spring clip since he did not have any parts with him. I finished putting the washer back together. The washer is still leaking. I'm not going to waste any more time or energy fixing this Samsung washer.

Description of Work
Washer was leaking.

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

12/09/2020

Roberto L.

Mr. Guerra was able to come on the same day. He was extremely professional. He fixed my dryer. The door sensor was broken, and he had a spare in his van. In less than 20 minutes my dryer was up and working again. Thank you so much. I will be recommending it to all my friends.

Description of Work
Dryer was not working

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

11/05/2020

Sharon C.

Great service, timely. Innovatine with a solution. Courteous.

Description of Work
Drain Pump in washer

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

11/03/2020

Regina W.

This is the first time I had to hire an appliance repair person, since my refrigerator was no longer under a service contract. I quickly realized that the bottom line for me was going to be trust, so I downloaded the Angie's List app (I know that they use reputable companies), which gave me 3 choices, and said that one would contact me soon. Omar called me within 15 minutes after that, and was at my house within 30 minutes after that (despite it already being dark outside). He quickly diagnosed the problem, and then used a steam machine to eliminated the huge ball of ice that was hidden behind the panel in the freezer. He returned the next day with the needed parts (one had to be ordered, preventing him from fixing it that night) and got us up and running! Omar proved to be trustworthy, as well as skilled and knowledgeable in his field. I am so happy to have a trusted person to call if I have problems in the future, or to recommend to my family and friends.

Description of Work
My refrigerator quit working.

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

Review for Guerra Services - 905 N Johnson St, Plant City, FL - 38999839

10/29/2020

normand S.

Super he thawed out the drainage plug and installed in less than an hour .I would highly recommend Omar to any one that needs to replace or fix any and all appliances.Norm st clair

Description of Work
drainage hose in freezer plug,and install new microwave

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/24/2020

joan A.

Great job. Came out after 6 O'clock on Saturday.

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

10/17/2020

Donna S.

Paid twice. Still not fixed. Would not come back and make it right. Waste of a lot of money

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

10/15/2020

William D.

They are very fast and responsive for a project for a business. They were professional and did the job well, and even gave us a discount.

Description of Work
Repair fridge.

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

09/30/2020

Karen B.

Great!! Omar was so nice! Got right to work, figured out the problem quick & fixed it! Would definitely recommend him!!

Description of Work
washer was fixed.

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

09/22/2020

frank S.

Omar quickly determined what needed to be done. He didnt have the part with him but was able to get it within two days and installed the thermostat today. Excellent service and will use Omar again and would highly recommend Guerra Services

Description of Work
replaced refrigerator/freezer thermostat

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

thank you [Member Name Removed],glad I could help.

09/19/2020

Em L.

Omar is my go-to guy now. My dryer broke today. He came over and fixed immediately. What a great guy and my dryer has never been better. Highly recommend Guerra services. Thank you Angie for introducing us. Wonderful service

Description of Work
Fixed my dryer

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

09/05/2020

robin L.

I received 3 contacts from Angie's List when I searched for qualified technicians to repair my old oven/range. The first two that I called declined meeting with me because they said parts were not available for ranges from the 1970s (range is original to my house which was built in 1978). I had a sense that a part might be found on eBay or a part warehouse and that possibly larger companies just didn't want to be bothered with the part search. I like to support small local family business, when possible. And I hoped that a part might be available, which is why I contacted this provider on the list, who has gotten good reviews. Initially, it was difficult to get through to the technician to describe my need because the person on phone managing technician's schedule had limited understanding of English. We worked it out and I texted her my address. I told her that I was working from home and that I could not be scheduled between 5 and 6 pm due to my work. She scheduled the visit for after 6 pm on Friday. The technician tried to call but I was working over the phone and could not answer the call. He arrived when I was working, so I felt stressed for time and had to keep our exchange brief. He used his phone to photograph the interior of the range and obtain the model and serial number. He recommended that I replace the oven and informed me that it was a 50/50 possibility that a repair would be effective since he would need to remove the oven to see the heating element electrical box. It was clear that he was knowledgeable but also a bit rushed. I asked for the repair price. The diagnostic fee would apply to the repair cost. The repair would not guarantee a usable oven. He said he would call me the next day before noon about the part and getting the work done before my work appointment on Saturday at 5 pm. I agree on the repair cost with an understanding of the outcome risks. He left me his business card and asked that I use the phone number on that card and that I NOT call the Angie's List phone number which is directed to an Angie's List scheduler. He asked if I would be paying check or cash. I paid cash for the diagnostic visit (which I realize is not advised). The next day, Saturday, I spent a couple of hours online searching for the heating element part associated with my model, without any luck. I waited to hear from the technician before noon as he had promised. Shortly after noon, I called and left a polite message asking for an update as to whether he felt he could obtain the part. I called again after 6 pm. I left my phone number both times. I did not hear back from this provider. I started to feel stupid as though I had put too much hope into this and perhaps set myself up for being scammed with the diagnostic fee. After 3 days, I decided this situation was a loss and started to seek help with finding a new range that would fit in my small galley kitchen. After more than a week had passed, I received a call from the technician who said he had the part and could come that evening. I let him know that due to his lack of follow up, I could only assume that he was uninterested in the job and had moved on. He had been paid for the diagnostic visit $60, so I felt no further financial obligation. I had grown suspicious and wondered even if he did in fact have a part, or was simply wanting to create a scenario in which I became the one to cancel the job. I should have listened more closely to the providers who said that my range was not repairable due to unavailable parts. This technician did apologize for not responding as he has promised. Nevertheless, while my interaction was solely diagnostic, I feel I cannot recommend this provider due to his failure to follow up when he promised to call and update me. If he had called and said," I'm still working on trying to get your part", or "the part is unavailable" those would have been acceptable communications. But, no communication is a red flag. Independent of whether he could obtain a vintage part, or not, my trust in this provider was damaged.

Description of Work
Diagnostic visit to assess range lacking a heating element: unsatisfactory follow up

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

09/04/2020

jose S.

Mr Guerra did excellent job. I will hire him again. Very professional

Description of Work
Refrigerator

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

09/02/2020

Steve S.

He had repaired and was done quickly.

Description of Work
Washer repair

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

08/28/2020

Sheri O.

Excellent. He showed us how to maintain our unit correctly and did the repairs fast. He was friendly and professional. Two thumbs up!

Description of Work
Repair kitchen Aid dish washer

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

07/29/2020

Stephanie A.

It went well. He was very respectful and he wore his mask and the part has a Warranty. I will use them again .

Description of Work
My Dryer was making a loud noise.

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

07/26/2020

Lillian M.

Very proffesional, courteous and proficient. Arrived the same day and on time. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Repaired refridgerator

Work Completed On 07/12/2020

07/21/2020

Kerri R.

It was wonderful. He answered my call right away, took 10 minutes to troubleshoot with me and walk me through what I needed to do and actually helped me fix the dryer without charge or even having to come out. They have a great knowledge and willingness to help. He will be the first one I call with any other needs I have. Thank you so much!

Description of Work
Our dryer stopped heating, wasn't sure if it was the sensor or what but he was able to help!

Work Completed On 07/19/2020