The Handyman Company

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2005

4.4

4407 Parkbreeze Ct

Orlando, FL 32808

Since 1999, we are a trusted, local remodeling and repair company providing residential and commercial services. We're proud to have served over 80,000 customers and 50% of our business comes from repeat and referral customers. Our 100% satisfaction guarantee provide peace of mind to our customers. Locally owned & operated. Visit www.The-Handyman-Company.com for more information on our services....

04/06/2020

Terry D.

Bottom line up front, explanation to follow. If you want a company that is totally unprofessional, doesn't keep their word and will totally mislead you to your face, these are your guys. I made the appointment for services a few months after I received a quote and was told the amount of tile to purchase.. I purchased the quoted amount. They offered to start installation 2 days later and I asked if they could hold off until Monday as I keep grand kids on weekends. Their response.. No problem. We'll be there to start at 9 AM Monday morning. Monday morning arrives. The sales guy arrives. first think he tells me is I don't have enough tile. Frustrating since the tile I purchased was 60% off and they removed the sale as soon as I purchased mine. Cha Ching. Their mistake is my problem. Charlie's response.. I should have known. I scratch my head. Thought that's what I was paying them for. I say you just cost me a lot of money. He looked me in the eye and shrugged. So, OK, I'm now out a couple hundred dollars extra. No problem. So I say - where's the crew? "Oh, well I don't actually have one available quite yet." Well, are they coming today? "I doubt it but I'll let you know" Next thing I know he's on the phone with his boss in the hallway. I hear the number 1200 mentioned and then the number 940. $940 was the written quote for labor but what I caught of the phone call was it should have been $1200 based on size. I hear the words "what would you like me to do?" So now he gets off the phone and he tells me "you're mad about the amount of tile so we probably shouldn't complete the work" That tells me his boss told him to try and get out of the job but that's only my take. So My question is once again "when can you start the job?" His answer "I don't know, I'll call you." He hasn't called. Bottom line. If you want a company that is totally unprofessional, doesn't keep their word and will totally mislead you to your face, these are your guys. Update: Salesman showed up but without workers. Said sorry, couldn't start as promised. They'd call in a couple days with new date. I just fired them.

Description of Work
Tile kitchen floor

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

06/28/2019

Cheryl T.

They talk a big talk and pretend like they know what they are doing, but you're better off going with a one-man operation. These guys did an okay job with some of the things I hired them to do but left me in a huge bind one day before putting my grandmother's house on the market. Furniture was damaged, lots of small jobs left undone with no explanation or effort to finish the job. Go with literally anyone else - Nick Bohr of Bohr Home Improvement came through at the last minute to fix their work. But, honestly, you would be better off going with a Craigslist provider, doing it yourself, or asking the guy behind the 7-11 to do it for you. He's probably more honest.

Description of Work
Flooring, Countertops and General Household Repair

02/23/2018

JAMES R.

Great I was very impressed, the repairman " Johnny " was here when he said he would be . He repair med the damaged areas and they look better than new. I have been a Deputy Sheriff for 33 years in the Orlando area I would refer him / them to anyone ! Work was great price was better ! I have already referred him to two elderly neighbors! Thanks again !

Description of Work
Repair water damaged wood and drywall

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service

09/21/2017

Donald G.

Prompt, courteous, and professional Work is going as planned.

Description of Work
Repaired/replaced lanai ceiling, installed fan./light kits, and installed wall sconce lights. Brought them back to remodel bathrooms. The work on the latter is in progress.

09/14/2017

Jody L.

They called and was on time. Did the job in a timely fashion. Very perfessional.

Description of Work
Repaired my fence that has been a problem for a few years. Excellent work.

Category fencing, handyman service

07/08/2017

Julie C.

It took four tries. They never got it right. Company admitted they had failed to meet even their own standards, but then became upset at how long the job was taking. Yeah - us too. We would have rather you had done it correctly the first time - or God - even the third time. Employee was unprofessional and had to be told to leave multiple times - even suggesting that a tip would be appropriate for his time.

Description of Work
General painting, patching, hanging of fixtures, etc.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service

05/25/2017

DF H.

It went perfect. I have had them more than one time. Each time It has gone perfect and they did an excellent job at a fair price.

Description of Work
(1) Gutter repair. (2) Ceiling Drywall repair caused by a leak. (3) Misc. other household things.

Category drywall, gutter repair, handyman service

03/24/2017

charles M.

terrible service. had an appointment for the work. first guy never showed up. 2nd guy could not do the work that day. took a day off for nothing.

Description of Work
tile removal work

03/16/2017

William S.

It went as planned and took two separate days, they did a great job!

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal and painting in two rooms. Workers were professional and friendly .

Category handyman service, wallpaper removal, interior painters

03/15/2017

ann P.

They went and picked the siding up. Robert McGrete was courteous, prompt and a great worker. There was a discrepancy with the estimate, but they did honor it. The company took the time to make some calls to the manufacturer and they decided that it didn't need the extra work to meet the standards. The estimate itself was more than fair. I'm really impressed that they went the extra mile, and can't say enough good things about them.

Description of Work
They redid the siding on my house.

Category siding

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank for the glowing review and we are pleased that you are satisfied with our work and staff! We look forward to working on other projects in the future with you, so call us when you need One Of A Kind Carpenter, Inc. Kindest regards, Management of OOAKC

03/02/2017

Nancy R S.

The quality of Guaiaquil's work was excellent, it was completed on time and done very professionally. He is highly skilled and takes pride in his work, and it shows. He was very flexible about work times and cleaned up thoroughly after completing his work.

Description of Work
We needed wood siding replaced in various locations around the house, some of which was difficult to access. The office set up an appointment and sent Guaiaquil who did a walk around with us. His assessment of work to be done was very accurate and we proceeded based on the estimate. The quality of Guaiaquil's work was excellent, it was completed on time and done very professionally. He is highly skilled and takes pride in his work, and it shows.

Category contractors, handyman service

12/06/2016

Maryanne M.

Very well. Would definitely hire again

Description of Work
We needed to change a chandelier and change the batteries in smoke detectors

Category electrician, handyman service

10/19/2016

Sojeila O.

Very expensive for the work done, and when it rained and the grout got wet, it took over a week for them to return to touch it up.

Description of Work
Tile repair

Category flooring contractor

09/26/2016

Jo Anne M.

I had contacted The Handyman Company through another source. I needed a handyman to make minor repairs on water damaged wood trim around my home, plus more major repairs around the front window of water damaged wood in front and behind the wood trim. I can't say enough about the craftsman, Richard, that was sent out to me to provide an estimate on all the repairs I needed. Richard arrived at the appointment day and time set by the company. He did the walk around my house with me as I pointed out the needs to him and he noted such as we went. He made me aware that there was more damage behind the window trim at the bottom that I was not aware of, and a couple other people before him gave me their estimates and made no mention of this. I felt that Richard was very knowledgeable, professional, took the time to make me aware that I had a bigger problem in the window area than I thought. As he discussed the project with me, it was obvious that Richard was far more than just a handyman. He called the company supervisor for the price estimate on the repairs and I agreed. I contacted my insurance agent with the information and for his guidance; I then called the company back to have Richard begin the repair process. Needless to say the weather wasn't on our side, but Richard was able to repair a few areas without getting soaked; but needed dry conditions to do the rest, which he did. When it came to the window area repairs Richard was on another job and not available. Therefore another craftsman Justin was sent out to estimate the window area repairs; when he called the supervisor for the estimate pricing he came back to me with information he said I didn't want to hear. The company didn't handle load-bearing wall work and they would not do the repairs; the other work Richard completed, and the price would be adjusted accordingly for me to pay. So my hunt for someone else to repair the window area was on once again.

Description of Work
Repair of water damaged wood trim around my home, plus under the front window at the bottom.

Category handyman service, woodworking

07/28/2016

Ran Z.

Their customer service is a mess. Called them two times to schedule an estimate, setup appointments two times, but no one showed up!! waited 4 hours for nothing!!

Description of Work
they never showed up!!!

04/18/2016

John P.

Exceeded Expectations! Completed the job completely and quickly. We will be using this company again!

Description of Work
Repair external siding T-111 wood rot.

Category contractors, handyman service, siding, woodworking

04/08/2016

Linda M.

I had botched trying to put the handle on a recently installed patio door. I didn't have right tools nor the time to spend on it. Plus the pneumatic closer also needed to be installed. Matt came out, looked at the situation and put everything up in a timely way. he had to get a bit creative and also had to take one trip to the store because he didn't have the right drill bit for the job. Other than that, he worked well and today, April 8, 2016 it is still all working fine.

Description of Work
We needed the handle and pneumatic closer installed on a new patio screen door.

Category handyman service, screen repair, doors, sunrooms

04/07/2016

Russell V.

I had this company come to my house to provide an estimate on a whole list of services - minor all the way to bathroom rebuild. The guy came out and spent an hour or so looking around not really taking notes - I had to offer him paper and pen. The worst thing is that I NEVER got my estimate. I followed up on 3 separate occasions with their "office" and was promised a manager would call me back, but never did. HUGE waste of time - do not bother calling them!!

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing - that's the problem!

Category handyman service, home remodeling

03/22/2016

M Lunie F.

They were on time everyday. Very accessible to make arrangement with. Very well organized and professional.

Description of Work
Help remove rotten wooden floors and replace kitchen cabimnets. Fixed water damaged wall

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, woodworking, home remodeling

03/20/2016

Jean F.

Alex Miller did a great job knocking off that list! I am happy with the results 2 weeks later and have not found any problems. The cost of service included the materials he purchased for me at Home Depot, so I am very happy with the cost and quality.

Description of Work
I had a long list of fixes from the home inspector after I moved into a new house. He completely replaced a door with frame between my garage and house, fixed some soffit holes, drywall, leaky spigot, fencing and more!

Category drywall, fencing, handyman service, moving companies, plumbing, roofing, siding, doors

10/06/2015

Damian T.

It went terribly. This has been going on since February. We have a tiled wall between the shower and the bathtub that needed to be repaired. We found out there was a leak in the marble shelf that held up the shower stall. The handyman they sent pulled the whole wall out and started to replace it. He didn't measure it properly and the wall was too short. So he "fixed" it by assembling an extender on the shower. We had also contracted with this company to repair our shower in our other house that my father lives in. When he finished both projects, both showers are leaking. we had multiple problems, including the showers leaking into the repaired wall and multiple colors of tiles in the repair on both houses. After several repairs by a second handyman that the company sent out, we still had same problems. Paul, the manager who I was working with at this point, claimed the water damage in the wall was because of the shower stall which the handyman guaranteed would be water tight but at this point (which was May) but now Paul demanded the only way they would guarantee the work was if I repair or replace the shower stall. I did contract another company to do this and we had another shower stall replaced. When the old "defective" shower stall was pulled out, I saw and photographed the proof that there was damage underneath in the form of a crack where the shower stall had been reinstalled by the first handyman. I found these pictures again and will post when I figure out how to do that on here. At that point, the handyman the company sent out said that they had not repaired the wall in the first place so he didn't have to fix it. I had shown him proof on the last visit, in form of receipt and pictures, that the wall had been replaced by the company. The company sent out a third person to repair all the problems. The tile was fixed but the stains of the continuous water damage remain, along with cracks in the repairs outside the shower. There are also still cracks in the tiles placed by the third handyman. I was originally promised a partial refund only on the second house if I signed some paperwork concerning the repair but there are so many problems, I don't even know where to begin to get them all repaired. The second home has still yet to be repaired. Updated: I did file this complaint because I had not received a call back after numerous complaints and no paperwork along with a refund check. Jesse from the company did finally contact us and has visited both homes and promised a resolution. I will keep this updated with what happens. Second Update: 11/14/2015 - The third person who replaced the tiles (his name is Adam) was sent out again. As of now, our work is in progress and we are still being worked on. I will update this space with more information in the future.

Description of Work
They were supposed to repair wall between shower and bathtub that showed water damage.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

09/10/2015

dane T.

We had Pete doing the work, he has been helping around our home since back in in 2014 and he has always come through. He is very professional and down to earth. Tries to do right by the customer without cutting any corners. Overall Pete does a great job and I never hesitate on asking him back when i need something done.

Description of Work
Replaced 1 gate and 1 fence piece with 2 new gates and 2 new posts with concrete

Category fencing, handyman service

05/04/2015

Michael W.

Ahmed "Adam" did a great job! He was professional, efficient, and finished the job in 4 hours - that's with going to Lowe's and getting the materials needed. Couldn't have asked for better service.

Description of Work
Removed bathroom door and casings that our dog destroyed.

Category handyman service, doors

04/28/2015

Arleen S.

Giovanni was terrific he was professional and did a wonderful job. We experienced none of the long lunches unexplained "breaks"he was there on time and finished early. We will definitely use this young man again and have recommended him to my sister and neighbors who are always on the lookout for a hard working reasonable worker that actually performs the services they were hired for kudos to this workman!!

Description of Work
Painted my kitchen three doors closet replaced baseboards and molding in kitchen entryway and hallway and painted same. He cleaned up and was very personable

Category contractors, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

02/17/2015

Craig D.

Scheduled a paid Estimate between 3 - 5 PM 2-13-15 at 4:00 I recieved a call to say they could not make the appointment, this after taking a half day off to be here for this. Bad 1st impression will not call back.

Description of Work
They Called 1 hour into a two hour window to cancel appointment