Good News Pest Solutions

Founded 1989 • With Angi since May 2010

1080 Enterprise Ct # A

NOKOMIS, FL 34275

Family owned, operating according to Biblical principles, 40 highly trained professionals to serve you since 1989. Additional phone - (941) 412-9610. Additional contact name - Graham Griffiths....

06/15/2022

Jennifer P.

Over the weekend 6/9 -6/12 2022, we trusted Greg with treating termites in our home. He said they would pump out all the oxygen which would kill all termites immediately and there was also a tear gas used to keep people out, no other chemicals used and we would have to move out of our home a few days, an extra one if we were really sensitive, which I am so we decided the work would be done Thrus and we would be home on Sun. We were told he would be here when the subcontractors arrived at 8am. He was not and they arrived about 10hrs late, seen on our ring cam that one of the workers covered up with a small piece of fabric as we watched him on my husband's cellphone, which to me was a red flag that this might not be an honorable company. My husband woke up the next day to an alert that a sensor had detected water running (now for around 12hrs). This alert went off a couple hours after the workers left, while we were asleep. He rushed over to our home, it was tented and turned off the water outside. Apparently a worker used the toilet and clogged it, not an issue we have had. I know this because once I was inside on Sunday, there was urine all over the rim and the back and as a female, this being my bathroom, I don't keep my bathroom looking like that. We contacted Greg and asked for photos because we weren't allowed in the house yet. We didn't get any and was told there was no water, dry as a bone we asked again on the 2nd walk through and still no photos were provided. We came home after everything was clear to about 20k of water damage; baseboards, wet 1ft up drywall, hardwood floors buckling, clothes, paintings, pictures, personal items shoes ruined. They also left a large picture window in the front of our home open with no screen for 24 hrs after removing the tent and took off the sensor so we could not get a reading if it was closed or open while away. Because of this, we had a house full of the same bugs we had tented for because it is termite swarming season. We've also got mosquitos, moths and lizards living in our home now. Todd came over and saw the damage to not only our home, but furniture and personal belongings from my closet. He said he would do the right thing in taking care of the damages and would bring over a dehumidifier. We didn't see him again. Instead of doing what was right, the owner Dean decided the best thing to do was to ignore us, take our money and tell us this was our problem now. Do not hire these wolves in sheep's clothing. How dare they call themselves a faith based business when they took advantage of our trust and left us in the mess to deal with on our own without even refunding a penny of the horrible job.

Description of Work
Ridding home of termites

02/12/2018

john O.

I had a person come to the door claiming to be from good news pest solutions and stated that they were on a service call and needed to treat the inside of the house. I responded that I had not requested a inside service nor was one scheduled. He stated that he would let the company know and someone would contact me to reschedule. A day or two passed with no call from the company. I called and explained what had occurred and wanted a confirmation that this was actually one of their employees. Again, no call back from the company. I called again and they told me that my call was never logged into their system, so obviously no one was going to call me back. My main concern was confirmation that this was an actually employee or someone attempting to gain entry into the house. I cancelled my service with the company. BUYER BEWARE

Description of Work
Response from the company to confirm an employee

Category pest control

[Member Name Removed]- You have been a customer for a year and a half with no prior issues. Our manager, Tithaney, called you Monday to address your concerns, the same day you called, and you have not returned her call. We are surprised that you would give us an F review with Buyer Beware without giving us a chance to rectify the situation. Indeed, your new technician, Ron, performed your annual termite inspection on Dec. 28, 2017. Apparently, there was a miscommunication as to the need to enter your home. It was not to perform a treatment, but merely to inspect to be sure no termites were present. All of our employees wear company logoed uniforms, drive company lettered vehicles, and carry State ID cards. It should have been clear that he is our employee. I am not sure why the customer service representative did not confirm that when you called. I apologize for not getting back to you in a timely manner and for our poor communication. We would ask that you give us the opportunity to clear our good name and change your review. May we send Ron, your tech, and/or Tithaney our Manager to meet you and discuss this? We would greatly appreciate that. Thank you.

12/14/2017

Sue K.

We've been using Good News for 4 years and couldn't be more pleased. No bugs in our house! Ever!

Description of Work
Quarterly Pest Control

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your kind compliment. We appreciate your continued loyalty and referrals. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

10/13/2017

nancy R.

They were initially responsive, courteous and on-time. I had a perimeter treatment that they said would be very effective. They also drilled some interior walls. Seemed very thorough. However, I discovered termites active in a few of the treated areas a few months after treatment. I then went through a period of time trying to get them to return for another treatment. They did eventually return, treat and reassure. I again discovered severe active termites but have tried DIY treatment and repair. I would not recommend this company for effective termite treatment.

Description of Work
Termite extermination

Category pest control

According to our records, we performed this termite treatment in 2015, you did not renew the warranty in 2016, and we have not been to your home since - almost 3 years since the original treatment. We are curious as to why you would post this negative review so long after the fact? We would be happy to provide a current inspection at no charge to determine whether or not you still have a termite issue. Please call to arrange a convenient time if you are interested. Thank you.

10/06/2017

Cherie G.

As a new homeowner in Florida, I interacted with a number of people from this company, from the company owner to the service technician. I first used them for my preclosing pest inspection. Based on this positive experience, i contacted them for regular service. Both the sales rep and service tech arrived as scheduled and thoroughly explained their services and answered all my questions. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Preclosing pest inspection Regular servicing

Category pest control

Thank you for your encouragement and positive review. Welcome to the Good News family!

09/16/2017

Judy C.

About five months after we moved into our home we found termite droppings on a window sill. We had our pest control company inspect the area and they determined that we had dry wood termites in that area. The area was treated, the attic was inspected, and very old roof rat droppings were found. We paid the termite company around $2000 to treat the window sill, clean up the rat droppings in the attic, apply a treatment to the attic to prevent termites, and close up holes in the roof areas where the rats has entered long ago. A month ago we found termite droppings near the window sill. It was determined that we had a more serious termite problem. We now must have our home tented for a cost of around $6000. In reading the report by the Good News company, they reported that they did not check the attic because they did not have a ladder. In coming to inspect a home, a pest control business must of necessity bring a ladder with them, and not just an ordinary ladder. Most homes in our area have high ceilings, and the business ought to know that and bring an appropriate ladder. Any reputable pest control inspection should go into the attic.. We are amazed that the attic was not checked. The irresponsibility and lack of professionalism of Good News Pest Control has now cost us over $8000 ($2000 for the sill treatment and the roof rat problem, and $6000 for the tenting.

Description of Work
Good News inspected our home for all pests as part of the inspection needed before we bought our home. They were hired so that we could make sure that there were no termites or other pests in the home that we were about to buy.

Category pest control

While we are sorry to hear you have had a difficult experience, there are several discrepancies with your review that need to be addressed. First, you mention finding termite droppings 5 months after moving into your home. Our State WDO inspection form clearly states that the findings reported are a snapshot of what was visible and accessible on the day of the inspection only, with no guarantee regarding future findings. It is entirely possible, even likely, that what you found 5 months later was not visible at the time of our inspection. Second, you paid your pest company $2000 for a treatment that did not solve the termite problem. Now, they are charging you another $6000 for tenting? Are they giving you a credit for the treatment that didn't work? If not, why didn't they tent it in the first place? Third, you state that we inspected the home for "all pests" prior to your purchase. The State WDO form clearly states that we are inspecting for termites, wood decaying fungi, powder post beetles, and old house borers ONLY. Wood destroying organisms - only. Rodents and other pests are not considered wood destroying and are not reportable on the State form all companies are required to use. Therefore, your inclusion of "very old roof rat droppings" and subsequent rodent remediation costs in your complaint have nothing to do with our inspection. All of our inspectors do carry the required minimum 8' ladder and make every attempt to inspect all accessible areas of a property. We cannot confirm your claim that we did not have a ladder but that would certainly not be our standard. Again, we are sorry to hear of your termite problem, but we are not willing to accept responsibility for rodent or termite treatments so far past our inspection per State standards.

08/08/2017

Gary B.

Amazing! The inspection and the post-inspection discussion of findings could not have gone any better. Greg did a full inspection of the attic, garage and walked around the exterior of my villa and around my roofmate neighbor. He opined that is was a small rat intrusion that was fairly recent. He advised how the rat(s) might have gained entry. He then walked me to his service vehicle and gave me a complimentary single rat trap and baited it and showed me how to load it. He instructed me where to put it. Greg was so nice in saying that my problem was a simple one and not hard for me to handle and there would be no charge. Wow! What a nice man and what a nice company. I had been aware of their many generous outreach and ministering efforts but I am more impressed than ever. Thank you Good News!

Description of Work
I wanted an inspection for possible racoon or rat infestation in my attic. I remembered that Good News did our pre-purchase home inspection and I was pleased with their service. I checked Angie's List and saw that they had an "A" rating. I called Good News at 8:30 AM and spoke with Ginger, who was very pleasant, and she said she would pass my service request to Greg Clark who would be e-mailing/calling me within 1-2 hours. 45 minutes later I had received an e-mail and a call from Greg Clark and we briefly discussed my service need. Based on my description and his experience he shared that it was more likely a rat rather than a racoon problem. We set up a 2:30 PM appointment for the same day.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for your "Amazing" review! Greg and Ginger do a great job for our Team and we are thrilled to hear you say so. Please don't hestitate to call Greg if the rodent situation gets beyond what you want to deal with. Blessings.

05/22/2017

June L.

Been using them for 15 years and would not change consider another company. They thorough, punctual, courteous and willing to work with my schedule. If there is a problem between scheduled service, they send someone out, usually the very next day.

Description of Work
Pest Control

Category pest control

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate your long-term loyalty and glowing review. Bless you!

05/17/2017

Theresa D.

First application, seen a reduction in the quantity by next am!

Description of Work
Roaches found in the house, probably brought in thru cardboard boxes

Category pest control

Hi [Member Name Removed]- Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business - God bless you!

05/04/2017

Jessica K.

I would absolutely not recommend even calling this company.

Description of Work
I'm guessing this must be a very successful company. I called them on a Monday morning to gather information on having my house sprayed. The receptionist took all of my info and told me Greg Clark would call me in a few hours to discuss an estimate. It has now been 3 days and I haven't heard a thing. They obviously must have a ton of business since they can ignore potential clients.

Category pest control

Ms [Member Name Removed]- We are so sorry to let you down by not responding quickly to your request. We are enjoying God's blessing of success, but that in no way represents how we have treated you by not responding. Unfortunately, Greg missed the email with your information to contact and only saw it as a result of this review. He/we are extremely sorry - please accept our apology and allow us to give you the estimate for service at a deep discount if you haven't already hired someone else. We sincerely hope you will forgive us and give us another chance. We appreciate you even considering doing so and wish to gain your confidence and trust in the future.