Pride Flooring

Founded 1974 • With Angi since May 2010

08bs00703

10790 SW 184th St

Miami, FL 33157

Pride Flooring is a licensed and insured company in Miami, Florida, that carries a wide array of name-brand floors and specializes in residential and commercial installation. The company is operated by the Amore family. The family-owned company brings to the community over 35 years of flooring experience in carpet, hardwood floors, laminate, vinyl tile, tile and other new, innovative styles of flooring....

flooring (101)hardwood floors (25)carpet installation (25)tile installation (13)window treatment (12)carpet cleaning (4)

04/30/2022

Kristy S.

When starting our search for new flooring I visited many flooring companies but did not find what I was looking for. I live in Pembroke Pines, but drove all the way down south to Pride Flooring based on their positive reviews. It was a good decision, we are extremely pleased with our new Coretec vinyl flooring. They had a wide selection to choose from and Mark helped us to pick the right color, allowing us to take the samples home to see which looked best. The installers Brett, Daniel and Fernando did a great job. It was a big job for the 3 bedrooms and office, and having to use a machine to take up some glued down hardwood in the master area. The rooms look great and we would definitely recommend Pride Flooring

Description of Work
New flooring

Work Completed On 04/18/2022

01/28/2022

aubey B.

"AMAZING" Marc was patient , responsive and caring He made sure we ordered and received the products suited for us -- Would highly recommend his services

Description of Work
Install Blinds , Install / Preparing Painting Baseboards

Category carpet cleaners,window treatments

Work Completed On 01/27/2022

10/19/2020

Eleni S.

Unprofessional installation. The floor was not settled in place, moved while walking and a couple of months later it started shifting and opening. I asked them to come and repair it, they did (after 10 emails), but with a charge. And, they would not have done it correctly, the second time, if I were not there watching and asking them to do it correctly.

Description of Work
Bamboo Floor installation

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

Review for Pride Flooring - 10790 SW 184th St, Miami, FL - 38961384

While I understand you are unhappy, please understand that this was not a floor you purchased from our company. We installed a floor that you purchased somewhere else and it was fine for over a year before the locking system began to fail. We of course would never leave a floor with gaps like that. This was a poorly designed locking system that did not hold together after time. This is why we always recommend purchasing a quality product from a reputable manufacturer that will warranty the quality of their materials. Any company that sells you a floor, but does not offer you installation is selling you an inferior product that is doomed to fail. This point was made to you at the time you contracted us and that is why we do not offer a warranty on products not purchased from our company. This was a poorly manufactured bamboo wood floor and we went ahead and repaired it even though this was not the fault of Pride Flooring. In the future it is always recommended that you have the original retailer install your flooring so that you maintain all warranties. If you are still having problems after our repair, please call us to discuss your concerns.

08/10/2020

Kristen J.

Think twice! I did all my research to find a reliable company that I thought would do a great job on work in my home. However, in September of 2019, I contracted Pride Flooring to install partial new wood flooring in my home, and sand and stain the entire floor. Immediately after the project was done, I began to notice cupping, swelling, splitting, stain bubbles that were popping, and nail heads poking out of my floor panels, among other things. They resanded the whole floor to remediate the cupping and other issues, but in February 2020 (only six months later), the cupping continued and the stain began peeling throughout the entire floor (where it was cupping and where it was not). A meeting was held in my home where Mike, the installation manager, called Joe Deleo, the supervising manager of our project, to ask him if he had followed proper guidelines to install my wood floor. Deleo admitted that he did not. The carlessness performed in my home contributed in whole to the poor quality and craftsmanship that has led to my loss of almost $8,000. Not only is my entire floor cupping, but the stain also was not applied properly, as disclosed by Pride Flooring's subcontractor, who was "rushed" by the supervising manager to complete the work in my home. Now, the ENTIRE FLOOR is compromised because Pride Flooring over-sanded my floor trying to remediate their poor work, and thus, I cannot re-sand to refinish the floor--I need to replace my entire floor. Pride Flooring conveniently stopped responding to my emails when my claims against them began mounting. Think twice about using this company unless you want to be left in a $30,000 hole later. They won't care.

Description of Work
Wood Floor Installation and Refinish

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

Review for Pride Flooring - 10790 SW 184th St, Miami, FL - 38785411

06/26/2020

Kirk D.

Fast Service, fair price, set clear expectations, did quality work, and accommodated a new, more secure payment method. Brett, Daniel and Nick and Joe and the whole team are great professionals. Give them a call, highly recommended.

Description of Work
carpet stretching

Category carpet cleaners

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

06/08/2020

Linda B.

Our project Involved taking out prior flooring and installing new wood floors, it was professionally done, they were clean, organized and finished in a shorter time than expected, amazing how it all turned out. From the time we began with Joe, picking out the wood, ordering It and then to the final installation by Bret and crew, they all knew what they were doing. We are now enjoying our new wooden floors, thanks to Pride!

Description of Work
Wood flooring replaced in Master bedroom, sitting are and walk in closet.

Category carpet cleaners,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

12/11/2019

Susan Z.

They did an outstanding job. They were knowledgeable and the quality of their product was excellent as well. Their price was totally worthwhile and they did 10 windows as well as a sliding glass door. They were honest and extremely professional They showed samples and showed patience as we chose what we wanted. I am extremely picky and yet I cannot find one thing that was negative with this company. I would highly recommend them to anyone and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They put up window treatments or Graber blinds in my house.

Category window treatments

Work Completed On 12/10/2019

09/02/2019

Melissa M.

I found Pride Flooring on Angie's List. Everything was fine until Marc insisted I pay for something that had not been in any of the original discussions or quotes and he OVER-measured, thus charging me more on the invoice. I drove out there and signed paperwork and left a deposit. I told him I didn't like the base board styles he had and would hold off on that, but he wrote it in saying we could take it off later once I decided. I was handling the permitting process and they were flexible and punctual with that. Marc came to measure and quoted me for baseboard 256 linear feet for baseboard and 735 sq. ft of removing and disposing carpet and installing floating bamboo flooring. Other quotes I got were for 160 linear feet. When I called him on it, he said he 'doubled the living room'. Not sure why he would do that, when the living room and dining room were way bigger than the bedroom. Obviously to gouge me for more money, hoping I wouldn't notice. At one point the underlayment I got did not pass permitting, so Pride Flooring recommended another kind and went and bought it. I also had by then gotten an Eco-underlayment that was also approved and wanted to use, but Marc claimed they'd had to go to Broward County for it, so I went to return what I bought even though I preferred to use my product. He lowered the price from $.75 to $.69 per ft to match. The guys came out and layed it, but didn't clean up after their first day, though they did the 2nd day after they installed the floor. After the first day while we were waiting for city inspection, I got another invoice from Marc, this time with a $96 charge for removing the baseboard. It was obvious because I had decided to purchase my own baseboard, he now wanted to charge me more. I refused to pay it, and I also refused to use them to install the baseboard, given this extra charge and also the gross mis-measurement of the baseboard linear feet. In an Aug. 23, 2019 email, this is what Angie's List warned customers about: Contractor is bidding low to win your business and will add expenses later in the absence of a written "change procedure." What Angie's List should add is customers should look over the shoulders of everyone measuring their space, too. (Quiet Walk underlayment, $590; labor: $1987, including $150 paid to them to pick up some of the flooring 20 minutes from their office at Floor and Decor)

Description of Work
remove carpet and install customer-provided bamboo flooring, no baseboard

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

I am sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience. At Pride Flooring we take Pride in our work and strive to go above and beyond to exceed our customers expectations and that is no different in you case. Our pricing is competitive with the market and if you feel you have been treated unfairly, please contact us directly so we can address your concerns. Thank you

08/01/2019

Frederick G.

Pride Flooring did an outstanding job from start to finish. When we first went to their store, they were very knowledgeable and patient in answering all of our questions and helping us choose the flooring. There were no high pressure sales tactics, and they allowed us to take samples home to see how they would look with our lighting/furnishings. Once we decided to go with them, they were accommodating to our schedule and very punctual. I can't say enough good things about their installation crew - probably the best workers/contractors I have had. Excellent attention to detail, superior workmanship, and a true commitment to customer satisfaction. I would not hesitate to go with Pride Flooring again, and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had old laminate flooring removed and new Armstrong Luxury Vinyl Plank rigid core installed.

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

06/22/2018

Jason C.

Marc and the entire team at Pride have been on point since the start. The combination of quick, clear, effective communication, accurate and timely estimates, and the delivery/installation right on time and efficiently mean we enter our new home with beautiful new floors of which we're proud. Thank you for everything and we'll recommend Pride most highly!

Description of Work
New LVP floors

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

02/06/2018

Maria M.

Excellent. From our first contact, The owners, theirs sales rep Joe and the Pride Flooring employees were responsive, honest, courteous and knowledgeable. They guided us through purchase options and things we should consider. Their installers were very professional and courteous. We were very pleased with Pride Flooring and highly recommended them.

Description of Work
Wood flooring in bedrooms and on stairs.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

11/01/2017

brant W.

great deal and super people to work with!

Description of Work
removed carpet on stairs and replaces with wood

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

08/24/2017

Carren B.

It went quite smoothly. The staff was friendly, considerate, and very professional. They kept me informed of what was happening at all times. They addressed all my concerns. Joe was great to work with, very knowledgeable, and attuned to helping us choose the product that best met our specific needs.

Description of Work
I had floor tile removed from most of my home and replaced with vinyl plank flooring.

Work Completed On 08/24/2017

07/10/2017

MARIA M.

Excellent work. Very pleased with service and the finished product.

Description of Work
Installed flooring in 2 rooms.

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

06/13/2017

Beth D.

Excellent - quality product, great service, professional installation. They have a great selection, knowledgeable staff, quality installers. Prices seem fair.

Description of Work
Laminate flooring in guest room. (Placed an order for blinds today, too, but they're not ready for installation.)

Category flooring contractor,window treatments

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

Review for Pride Flooring - 10790 SW 184th St, Miami, FL - 35239161

05/12/2017

DWIGHT E.

Excellent choice from a home grown local provider. Mark was very professional and thorough in making sure I got the best product. Came and installed the blinds and hauled away the old ones. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Window treatments- blinds

Category window treatments

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

04/21/2017

Aida P.

Excellent. Could not have been happier with my purchase and how the installation came out.

Description of Work
Purchased and installed luxury vinyl planks

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

04/13/2017

Lori F.

Excellent. From the minute I contacted Pride Flooring, it was a great experience. Joe came out and provided an estimate quickly. Joe called two weeks before the work date to confirm the work date and he called the night before to provide an exact time the workers would arrive. Arrival was right on time! Jordan and Manny were friendly and professional. They took an interest in the work they were doing and kept me advised of the progress. The work was fantastic and I am extremely happy with the floor.

Description of Work
Install laminate hardwood flooring.

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

04/09/2017

Jackie C.

I can't say enough about this company. The entire process was fantastic. From the employees, to the product, to the entire completion of the installation, I was extremely happy with the company and the result. From the first phone call to the last, it was a smooth and pleasant experience, probably the best I've had with any company ever, in Miami. The staff was courteous, kind, prompt, knowledgable, and very professional. Most spoke english which was a nice bonus! Hard to compare the price as I didn't compare them with anyone else, but they were worth every penny. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
I was looking for a laminate floor to cover existing tile, in a very uneven house. Leveling compound was required first, and floors were installed the next day.

Work Completed On 04/07/2017

04/04/2017

Aida P.

I could not be happier with how everything turned out. This is a family owned business. I met with Joe who was so knowledgeable and patient with me during the entire process and assisting me with selecting between vinyl or laminate. He made sure to call the manufacturer of the vinyl to ascertain whether I could use a certain underlayment required by my condo association. Brett and his team came to install the flooring and they were so professional and nice. Brett even went out of his way and removed the old flooring on the kitchen so that my new floor could flow into the kitchen without the need of a threshold. My floors came out great and I could not have been happier with the entire experience. You will not find better selection, quality, customer service anywhere else in Miami. I strong recommend Pride Flooring.

Description of Work
Had luxury vinyl plank flooring installed in entire home.

Work Completed On 03/30/2017

03/15/2017

Cindy M.

Not well. We paid higher prices than if we went to a cheaper store because we wanted top quality carpet with top quality installation. Problems were mainly in the installation. Work was supposed to take two days and they did it in one, which always means they are rushing at the end of the day. The most difficult part, the stairwell (which has two landings and turns) was done last by the least inexperienced installer. It was not done well. in terms of sales, we were told selecting the narrower carpeting option which was made the job less expensive would make no difference in appearance, the seams would be invisible. Not only can you see the seams, they are not wearing well. I called the day after to share my concerns about the seams, the quality of the installation. They sent the same installer back out. He was rude, gave many excuses about how awful his helper was, told me it was my fault, acted disgusted that I had called them when in fact he had to make a lot of adjustments in the stairwell to get the carpet to fit and lay properly. And even then the job was not completed well and I am still unhappy about having spent a lot more money and not gotten the top quality install I was expecting. I could have gone to one of the big advertisers with bad reputations and spent a lot less money and gotten good carpet and the same quality of installation. I thought about calling them again but wasn't really interested in getting more excuses and insults. So I am just living with an expensive carpet poorly installed.

Description of Work
Carpet stairwell and upstairs rooms

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

I deeply regret that you are experiencing issues with the carpet we installed 2 years ago. Due to the length of time between when we installed your flooring and now it is hard to remember what was or wasn't said. We never make excuses for the quality of our work and we do take Pride in our workmanship. We would never tell a customer that seams in carpet will be "invisible", but we do try put them in the most inconspicuous areas so as not to draw attention as heavy traffic can cause seams to show more over time. With the layouts of some homes and the width of some carpets, this is just not possible. We would also never rush through a job and strive to complete the project as quickly as possible in a professional manner and we would rather tell a customer 2 days and complete it in one than tell someone 1 day and it takes 2 or 3. If you would like to have someone from our company come to inspect the carpet and wear, please call us so that we can discuss your concerns privately as we are just learning of this 2 years after your project was completed. We will do all that we can to meet the expectations you have. Thank you, Marc Amore

02/21/2017

DAVID P.

Very well. We received 3 other quotes but Pride Flooring's sales representative, Joe Deleo, was by far the most thorough and knowledgeable so we went with them. The installers arrived on time and did the whole job in one day. There was a crew of 6 and they all were hard workers and knew exactly what to do. I stayed on the job site the whole day to see that everything was done correctly but mostly just got in the way. They really knew what to do. Would recommend them and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Remove and dispose of old carpet in a 2 bedroom rental condo and install all new laminate floors including in kitchen.

Work Completed On 12/08/2016