Mister Sparky Electric

Founded 2007 • With Angi since February 2008

We give you options for solving your electrical problem & provide you with an exact price on how much it will cost to the penny. Then, upon receiving your approval we will start the work immediately & finish it the same day in most cases. All repairs are guaranteed. If an electrical repair fails during normal use in the three (3) years we will either repair or replace the item at no charge to you. Your complete satisfaction with our electricians & electrical repairs is 100% guaranteed....

A Service Provider's profile image

+12 more images

electrician (445)lighting (59)ceiling fan installation (54)landscape lighting (5)home inspection (12)home security systems (11)appliance repair (4)HVAC Companies (2)water softeners (1)water heaters (1)lamp repair (1)

06/23/2022

Steve G.

Our technician was named Tim and he couldn't have done a better job. He was pleasant, courteous, and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and explained everything that needed to be done, and what my options were. I am delighted with the entire experience and highly recommend Tim and Mr. Sparky!

Description of Work
Ceiling fan repaired/parts replaced

Category appliance repair, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/23/2022

04/30/2022

quankela T.

Excellent turn around time and great fast friendly customer service

Description of Work
electrical outlets restored and replaced

Work Completed On 12/11/2021

Thank you!

02/21/2022

Maggie W.

Absolutely had no problem with it and it was first class , really nice.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

We truly appreciate your business and your feedback! Thank you.

09/16/2021

Peter P.

I Emailed a total of six electrical contractors, recommended by Angi list. Only three contacted me. One wanted $69 dollars just to come out and give me an estimate, the second said they sent me an Email, I never got it. The third came out quoted me a price, I told them to go ahead with the work, but that's the last I ever heard from them. ( Call three times ). I called Mister Sparky on a Sunday, and set up an appointment that day. The service representative came out, quoted the job and did the work right then. Kyle did a very good job and saved me over $75 dollars by converting the fixture to LED. I will use them again for all my electrical needs.

Description of Work
Replace two fluorescent closet fixtures

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

Thank you for the great review on Kyle!

06/21/2021

Sharon S.

When I called to set up an appointment, I was led to believe the diagnostic was free, and I would pay for the repairs. I waited 4 hours for the tech to arrive, only to stand in my kitchen with him, while he typed things on his computer and tell me it would cost $400 to replace an outlet, and only then, would he start to diagnose what caused the outlet to go out in the first place. He would not take his meter out to even test the outlet, or open my breaker box to even look inside. What a waste of my time, and his. I do NOT recommend this company. The schedulers are trained to lead you to believe the diagnosis is free, when in fact, the only thing free was getting him to walk through my door and stand in my kitchen and ask questions. What a joke! $400 for him to replace one outlet and check it with a meter.

Description of Work
Diagnose outlet problem

Work Completed On 06/17/2021

01/22/2021

Donna Z.

They came out and they fixed everything gave us pictures and a great report to give to the inspector

Description of Work
Repairs that were uncovered during a home inspection

Category electrician, home inspection

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

Thank you for the great rating and for leaving us a review.

01/08/2021

Alan G.

Did excellent work! They also matched a price very competitive.

Description of Work
repaired electrical

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

We truly appreciate your business and your feedback! Thank you!

12/10/2020

Paul M.

This company has an overdeveloped automated confirm and reconfirm system which beat me. After waiting two days for an appointment during which they sent me numerous reminder texts and emails the morning came and they sent me yet another text asking for a reply. The phone number in the text was unable to be completed as dialed and the mailbox was full on the number the text came from. I finally reached them a half hour later but by then they had cancelled my appointment and couldn't give me a new one until the following week. If you need someone to come out when they say they are going to I suggest you might want to look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Repair outlets with open ground

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to bring this concern to our attention. We regret to hear you had a poor experience with our company as this is not the type of service we strive to provide for our customers. If you have not already spoken to our management team, please reach out to us at (727) 314-6680.

11/15/2020

Robert M.

Technician spent most of the time trying to "upsell" projects. The quotes ran to $4000.00 for fixing something that isn't broken. "Oh, they don't make that brand anymore, you must replace it". No! I would rather have a reliable repair person who does NOT immediately try to find ways to "up" the price. His five minute job cost too much too. They see old people and think, "Easy marks"!

Description of Work
Needed a breaker replaced on the fuse box

Work Completed On 11/15/2020

10/11/2020

Francis S.

Price too high. Not accepted. Did work myself.

Description of Work
Install 2 ceiling junction boxes.

Work Completed On 10/11/2020

Sorry, you felt the pricing on your task was more than you thought they would be. Thank you for the feedback. We do our very best to provide our customers with top-quality electricians (licensed and insured), have material on the truck to do the work the same day, use top quality materials, and back all our work with 3 years parts and labor warranty.

10/02/2020

Ray A.

While he was professional, on-time and very nice, pricing was no where near what I needed it to be.

Description of Work
"Fix electric switch in garage ans outside lamp replacement. "

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

Thank you for your feedback.

09/29/2020

Diane S.

Tried to get them to come out to give us a quote. They require 4-hr window, saying they’ll call when 30 min. out. 1st try, we got a late afternoon call that they weren’t coming due to an emergency. We rescheduled. 2nd time no one showed up and no call. I finally called them at the end of the 4-hr window and was told the tech had an emergency and decided not to show up. We’ll get someone else to do the work. Obviously these people don’t need it.

Description of Work
Electrical install

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for bringing this to our attention. Being that our customer's satisfaction is our number one goal, we would like to ensure this situation has been investigated. If you haven't already spoken to our management team, please reach out to us at (727) 314-6680.

09/17/2020

Charles T.

They were very proactive about calling and setting up an appointment. They said that the electrician would call when he was on the way. They never called, and they never showed up. Days have gone by since, and they still haven't called. They don't seem to understand that, while this was a small job, small electrical jobs often turn into big, profitable projects down the road. Now they'll never get my business.

Description of Work
Check a dual light switch for proper grounding and install a dimmer switch.

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/10/2020

Gwen K.

Mr Sparky replaced it and another one in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
Fuse Box wasn't working

Work Completed On 09/06/2020

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

09/10/2020

Michelle R.

Well. See ratings above. On time. Certified. Called before they came.

Description of Work
New electric outlet, 2 chandeliers hung

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

We truly appreciate your business and your feedback! Thank you!

08/21/2020

Frances K.

Took 14 hours to replace circuit breakers and conduits

Description of Work
Replaced electrical box.

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Thank you for your feedback.

07/27/2020

Michelle D.

I had Mr. Spark come out to give an estimate for updating my breaker panel with copalum connectors. The estimator told me I had to replace the entire breaker box and that there is evidence of charring. He pressed me to sign immediately, telling me the whole thing was very dangerous and could set my house on fire any minute. I asked him to show me the charring but didn’t see what he was talking about. There is NO charring. No sparking. No immediate danger. I sent photos to my Master Electrician brother-in-law and he and 2 other local electrical contractors confirmed this. Both Local contractors provided quotes between $250-$350 for the necessary work. Mr. Sparky quoted me over $1000 to replace the “charred” breaker box. I will never ever call on them again, even though I’m sure not all of their estimators are as rude, dismissive, and dishonest as the one I met.

Description of Work
Copalum connectors at breaker box

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

06/18/2020

Mark M.

They charged $400 for labor to install a range hood. It took two guys 20 minutes to complete the job.

Description of Work
Install a range hood.

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

Sorry, you felt the pricing on your task was more than you thought they would be. Thanks for the feedback on our services. We are constantly trying to improve our service and efforts. We do our very best to have material on the truck to do the work the same day, use top quality materials, and back all our work with 3 years parts and labor warranty.

05/30/2020

Mark G.

This review is in reference to Job: 559197 Patrikios Papasavas, an electrician with Mister Sparky arrived on the scene and I explained to him that my pool electrical panel had tripped a breaker and would not reset. He said the Standard Repair & Troubleshooting Diagnostic: fee is $306.75 my gut feeling was to cancel but I did not. He went to the house panel and shut off the breaker to the pool pump. I have an older Gould panel without a main breaker feeding a sub-panel; he said he found the bus bars in the main panel burning. I think he meant to say there was some previous arching, but I could be wrong. He opened up the sub panel and said he found the breaker for the pool pump. This breaker was arcing. He turned it off and removed the breaker and found the bus bars burning as well. He said these panels are electrical hazards and must be replaced. The only options were to address these hazards and replace the home master panel. I am no electrician but If a breaker is going bad and yes breakers do go bad and yes I can go to any hardware or electric store and purchase a 30 amp dual breaker. That option was not even suggested, replacing the breaker that was arching and buzzing. Below were the options. Option 1: -Replace burned electrical panels with 1 200 amp main breaker CH-series panel -Update grounding per code -Install surge protection on panel -Run new 240v 30 amp circuit with the insulated ground for pool panel -Pull permit Cost $5,412.75 Option 2: -Replace burned electrical panels with 1 200 amp main breaker CH-series panel -Update grounding per code -Install surge protection on panel -Pull permit Cost # $4,628.75 Option 3: -Replace burned electrical panels with 1 200 amp main breaker CH-series panel -Update grounding per code -Pull permit Cost $3,987.75 He then asked me what option I wanted and they would start the job immediately. I asked him to email me the quotes and he asked why since all in need to do is decide on one and he would get started. I told him that I would have to collect three quotes since this was an expensive project, Mr. Papasavas then asked me what I valued more, safety or money. I looked at him and said they are both equal at those prices, and of course, he did not want to hear that. He then said ok I need to collect $306.75, I made the comment that you have only been here 55 minutes, that’s one **** of an hourly fee. He said he was a Master Electrician, and that is what Mister Sparky charges. He left my home without cleaning up, After he left I noticed he left behind his ladder in the garage, he called me back and asked if he could swing by and pick it up. I of course said yes. He also left behind his floor savers a pair of really nice shoes that he did not return to get. I wonder if I will get a refund since the invoice states: 100% Satisfaction Guarantees Service & Repair Guarantee If you are not 100% satisfied with the service we have provided, we will refund all of your money. If our electricians smoke or swear in your home; are not drug-free; do not wear floor savers or leave your home without cleaning up, you do not pay for the service. I will leave the shoes in my entryway of the house, please ask him to stop by and pick them up. I contacted another reputable electrician and he said I could replace the panels or just the 30 amp double breaker since it was bad. I chose to change the breaker, myself. The cost was $11.00 to buy a matching breaker. I reconnected the saltwater pool panel and switched on the breaker and now the pool pump works and the Saltwater pool system also works beautifully. As they say, buyer beware!

Description of Work
Breaker to pool pump and other pool accessories tripped

Cost $306.75

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

Thank you for taking the time to bring this concern to our attention. We regret to hear you had a poor experience with our company as this is not the type of service we strive to provide for our customers. If you haven't already spoken to our management team, please reach out to us at (727) 314-6680.

05/21/2020

Patricia P.

They went above and beyond, very polite, efficient and did a quality work.

Description of Work
They fixed the outlet, breaker box and replace a remote control unit of a ceiling fan.

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

05/15/2020

James S.

Work was completed satisfactorily. The pricing was fair and the electrician was professional.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation, light switch, and GFCI.

Category electrician, home security systems, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

Thank you for the great review!

04/23/2020

Virginia V.

It was terrific. in fact I had bought a valve before he came to put in there, but he have LED valve which I preferred to use so I was really happy. His prices were fair, very professional and on time. Cleaned up after himself and took a way the old valve with him.

Description of Work
He replaced a bathroom florescent light and also replaced ballast.