A-Aaron Appliance Service and Repair Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since September 2011

5800 Beach Blvd 203-227

Jacksonville, FL 32207

All Appliance Repair, and with 40 years of experience in the appliance repair business, you can be sure we're a local company you can trust and rely on. Our trained technicians can fix virtually any major kitchen or laundry room appliance—and we can get your hot water heater working like new again, too....

09/14/2020

Katherine T.

I called in the morning & left a voicemail message. I received a call back approximately 2 hours from Blaise Bodin (later learned, via his business card, he is the owner) inquiring if I was still in need of refrigerator repair, which I was. He advised that he could come out at around 5:00p. Since it would be late in the Friday afternoon before Labor Day weekend, I asked if it would be an extra "holiday" charge, to which he responded that it would not. He advised that there was an $85.00 service call fee, which would be applied to any repair service needed. I asked if he could call when he was en route, which he did (which many service repairman say they will do, but rarely do), advising me he was about 20 minutes away. He was wearing a protective mask in compliance with Covid-19 safety recommendations, which I appreciated. He went right to work, using diagnostic equipment to help determine the source of the problem. After approximately 20 minutes, he advised that the refrigerator was pulling the needed electrical amperage, & was it was cooling down. He advised that he believed the problem had been caused by a sudden power surge (my neighbors advised me that recently there had been several bad thunderstorms), & the digital components just needed to be reset by pulling the plug out of the wall for approximately 15 seconds, & then plugged back in...or shutting the power off at the fuse box, which would require it to remain off for 20 minutes to re-set. He recommended purchasing a large appliance surge protector for the outlet for the refrigerator (which I subsequently did at "Lowes"). He advised that should another problem arise, I should call him again, & the $85.00 service call fee I paid for this call would still apply. I will definitely call Blaise again should I have any future appliance issues, & I would definitely recommend him to others.

Description of Work
While I was away, my Whirlpool refrigerator stopped working. Items in freezer melted.

07/04/2019

Karen F.

Though the worker was prompt, he was here right at 1/2 hour, charged me $89.00 or the equivalent of $187.00/hour...OUCH!!! The company offers a 10% senior citizens discount. To my knowledge this was not applied. I'm a bit miffed over the whole thing. I'm a single senior, my pension is very small and my social security check is even smaller.

Description of Work
My washer was leaking water.

04/09/2019

Darrell W.

The technician Blaise was prompt and professional. He identified the problem and was done in about 30 minutes. This company will definitely get more business from me.

Description of Work
Our Dryer Drum stopped spinning

03/11/2019

John G.

Perfectly--- two other repair companies were unable to perform this repair -but this great company was..

Description of Work
complicated repair to DCS gas range

12/17/2018

Nia B.

The repairman was responsive and punctual. Unfortunately, the washer could not be repaired and he only charged me for the initial assessment.

Description of Work
Washer repair

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your great review!

09/22/2018

Lissa G.

I have used this company many times. They are professional and always arrive promptly. I was told that the ice-maker needed to be replaced. Blaise had a new one on his truck, replaced it then and there, and charged me a reasonable amount of money. I actually always hire A-Aaron when I have a problem such as this.

Description of Work
ice-maker repair

08/16/2017

Lissa G.

Very well--he was on time, polite, and efficient.

Description of Work
Ice maker dispenser replaced

06/12/2017

Suzanne V.

I have called this service company on two different occasions. First time, back in April 2017, required a new ice maker kit- it had to be ordered. An appointment was scheduled two days later for installation. Satisfied by the timely response. Came out today for a different issue with the ice maker. I was able to schedule service the same day and it was easily fixed with a nominal fee. I will call them again in the future if I have any other appliance issues.

Description of Work
Repair ice maker.

03/15/2017

Patricia S.

Like clockwork! I called on Monday and they were able to set up an appointment on Weds morning. Blaise arrived on time and was very polite and efficient. He had the necessary parts with him to repair the dryer.

Description of Work
Dryer repair.

07/21/2016

Dena G.

Turns out it was garbage disposal. Blaise figured it out quickly and fixed it. It was quick. Good service.

Description of Work
Dishwasher was not draining

06/29/2016

Barbara K.

Made the call, Mike answered the phone, for the washer it was same-day service, for the dryer call, it was next day service. He will also take the time to explain good maintenance practices. Great service, reasonable price, problems fixed. Thanks, Mike. And thanks to angieslist.

Description of Work
Two service visits: Repaired Old Faithful washer and one week later replaced the heater coil on an Old Faithful dryer.

06/19/2016

CONNIE H.

We were only charged for the service call. Very satisfied with service.

Description of Work
Troubleshooted and diagnosed DW problems. Provided us with costs of needed parts. We decided to purchase new DW.

06/04/2016

Diana D.

My refrigerator/freezer was not making ice cubes. When I first called Mike, he was very thorough in explaining what the problems could be and in providing estimates. Mike replaced the icemaker and now it works great. He was friendly and professional. Be sure to have the model number of your appliance ready before calling.

Description of Work
Installed new icemaker

03/14/2016

Terrence D.

Excellent experience all around. Mike contacted me right away and scheduled with the tenant to repair the ice maker that wasn't working. He was courteous, prompt and easy to get a hold of. Even followed up to make sure everything was working properly prior to accepting payment. Will use again!

Description of Work
Replaced water inlet valve on ice marker.

03/09/2016

Susan B.

My biggest surprise was calling at 10 am and he said he could come by noon. I asked him to call when he was 5 minutes away so I could put my dogs out, and he obliged. He was courteous, prompt, and knowledgeable. He listened when I described what had happened, took the back off the stove and showed me exactly which wire had arced and fried. Then he went about fixing it. Not only do I recommend A-Aaron's, I've found an appliance repair service for myself going forward.

Description of Work
My stove died over the weekend. I described what happened, and he knew what to look for and how to fix the problem.

02/16/2016

Lauren W.

Great! Mike was on time, super nice and helpful. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Fixed a broken element on my stove (small burner was out)

01/08/2016

Betty H.

Mike, is an A-1 service provider. He arrived at my house only a couple of hours after first contact on 1/7/16 and checked out my 2 1/2 year old dishwasher that had a faulty touch control panel. He tried resetting it as I had but it was frozen in only one position. He told me that he would have to replace it and gave me an estimate. I agreed and he said he'd be back the next day. So, within approximately 24 hours of first contact, my dishwasher was repaired. Not too happy with the Maytag product but most satisfied with the service Mike provided. In addition, he gave me very helpful hints on how to use and clean the dishwasher. This is the first time I have used him but would most certainly call him again if I needed to and highly recommend his service to any one else.

Description of Work
Replaced touch control panel on Maytag dishwasher.

11/18/2015

Kevin M.

Started to notice some things in the freezer compartment were soft - but not all and the fridge was working OK. We had a power surge during a recent storm so we thought that might have blown something internal or even wiped the compressor. Finally we realized that every thing in the freezer was melting. Called Mike and was told he had a couple of appts ahead of me but soon called back to say he was on his way. He was polite and got right to work and fixed the problem in less than an hour.

Description of Work
Worked on a Maytag Refrigerator bottom compartment freezer that had been intermittent for about a week and had finally stopped working overnight. Mike told me upfront what the likely problem was and spent about and hour troubleshooting it and fixed it by replacing the starter relay.

10/28/2015

Vicky B.

I was anticipating that Mike would need to come out and do a repair on the start button because it was only working intermittently. He talked me through how to get the button working again and there was no charge. How wonderful to find someone who is totally helpful and who doesn't need to charge a fortune for his services. That's customer service! If I need an appliance repair man again and won't hesitate to call Mike. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I called Mike because I was having a problem with the start button on my washer.

10/14/2015

Mark C.

I scheduled service with my tenant living in rental property. The provider was on time and prompt. He kept me up to date on the issues and communicated great through phone, email and text messages.

Description of Work
Provider analyzed and diagnosed problem with Double Oven to determine the appliance was under warranty. Although I paid a service and diagnoses charge I saved a lot of money on the warranty repair.

09/19/2015

CONNIE H.

Great service Very professional Will defintely call again!

Description of Work
Repaired dryer

07/23/2015

Christine B.

Prompt, courteous, professional service.

Description of Work
Replaced starter on freezer compressor.

07/15/2015

jennifer L.

I will file Mike's name away for any future appliance issue. It is refreshing to deal with someone who really wants to be of service. Thanks, Mike!!

Description of Work
We contacted this gentleman re: our refrigerator not working. He was very patient, guiding us through a checklist of what could be wrong. It turned out that our fuse had blown. Despite the fact that there would be no service call required, this man stayed on the phone with us. He looked up the model number and helped us with how to most effectively clean the fridge, including removing several styrofoam parts behind the panel ( we had been on a trip and there was rotten meat by the time we got back). I had to write this review because I was impressed by the CHARACTER of this man.

04/28/2015

Kasey P.

Mike charged me for a service call, advised me of what the problem was, and how I could handle it. Also gave me excellent advice for when I am ready to buy another washer. Great guy, will use him again.

Description of Work
Service Call

04/18/2015

Zaundria M.

I'm sure every home owner can relate to the dismay experienced when there is a problem with a major appliance such as a clothes dryer. The dryer is almost 20 years old. Since Maytag does not manufacture this item any longer, the thought of having to purchase a new clothes dryer was not a good one. The provider was prompt and professional. It was evident that he had researched possible reasons for the specific problem before the service visit, and he referred to notes he had ready for discussion. I am extremely pleased with this repair service.

Description of Work
Repaired an almost 20 year old Maytag clothes dryer.

ABSOLUTE CLEAN AIR

***$100 OFF AIR DUCT CLEANING!!!Absolute Clean is a small Family Owned Company that doesn't use subs. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. We are dedicated to improving the Air Quality in your home with our Air Duct Cleaning service. Our Dryer Vent cleaning service will put less strain on your dryer, making your clothes dry faster, saving you money on your electric bill, causing your dryer to last longer and MOST importantly, making it less likely that you will have a dryer fire. There are more than 16,000 dryer vent fires each year in the United States. **Refer 2 friends and get your dryer vent cleaning for free!! Refer 1 friends and get $150 off of air duct cleaning** We do not service dryer vents on the 2nd or higher floor that exits through the roof.

Offers by ABSOLUTE CLEAN AIR on Angi
    Jax Vents

JaxVents is a small business owned and operated by Greg Williams. We have been in business here in Jacksonville since 2002. We have cleaned literally thousands of dryer vents, saving our customers money on energy bills and reducing the risk of fire hazard. DBA- G.S.W. Industries, Inc.

Good Appliance LLC

Appliance repair, refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, stove, washing machine, dryer, dryer vent cleaning, water heater, sink disposal repair

ask for details